2013 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ: Don't Post Here! New Thread Now Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
HAPPY EASTER, FRIENDS!!!

Easter.jpg

Off to work this morning. Very sad to wake up and know Jeanne is 3000 miles away instead of in Florida.

Can't wait to see what all the guests got in their easter baskets.

Off to work this morning. Very sad to wake up and know Jeanne is 3000 miles away instead of in Florida.

I know you must miss her already, sorry :worried:

Have a Happy Easter (maybe the guests will give you a chocolate egg or two)

We took a "last family trip before college" with our family of five, two daughters and a son who is 6' 4". He always slept in the daybed on our many family trips and it was fine. We almost always got the day bed. I remember getting a roll away only one time. And the rooms always felt large enough. It's Disney, after all. Any inconvenience is worth it. :)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Thanks for your advice Wood Nymph its always good to get the opinion of someone who has been there.:goodvibes

In December DH and I stayed in a room with our 3 teen boys all of whom are tall (5'9 and up!). We had a sofa bed and we all fit in the room nicely so no worries. Many parties of five book and stay in the Beach Club/Yacht Club so you are worrying for nothing. If there is not a "day bed" in your room then you can request a roll away bed from the resort.

Really, you will be fine.

What worked for us was a rule that you had to clean up your clutter before you left the room. Everybody was responsible for not letting the room become overwhelmed with stuff that was left out. All it took was 15 minutes of organizing and then it was all clear and we could enjoy the space. If you are slightly organized you will find the amount of space is fine. If you are the type of family that leaves stuff out all over then even the rooms at the Poly will prove challenging

Most people spend the majority of their time at the resort and parks and not in the room anyway. Before we leave on a WDW trip we have all this time to worry about things that in all probability won't be a problem.

That's about the best way I can say it. Good luck with your decision and get ready to enjoy your trip! :banana: :banana: :banana:

~NM

Thanks Ninja Mon - the bold is the part that i think is my problem, this trip is more than 15 months away and I have too much time worrying about things.
Although the Poly looks amazing, after hearing your advice and Wood Nymphs advice I think we are going to stick with our original resort choice and we will just make it work :banana::banana:

I just didnt want to be too far away from the Grey Goose Slushies :rotfl2:

The UK booking system is already available for all of 2014, but the free dinning offers etc are supposed to be starting on 25 April, so I can't wait to get booked and start enjoying the countdown :cool1:

How fun to see all those happy, excited faces! That'll get your spirits up!

Finally got caught up. We have a165 left. We cannot wait. We just need our house to sell, our move to NJ to go smooth, and then I think I could relax and enjoy the upcoming trip. We got all of our reservations that we wanted, thanks to the IPO. I tried and it would only let me do one day at a time. So say a few prayers for us it all goes smooth and we can just focus on our BC trip!

Great question. I booked a standard room which I thought Ed like free quick serv dining. Are these rooms ok?

:welcome: kristenYC

If you would like to be added to the Be Our Guest list, let us know when your trip is.

:cool1:

The all of the regular (standard) rooms at the YC are essentially the same size, in all view categories. There can be a slight difference in layout and furniture in the rooms. Most have 2 Queen beds, a very few have a King bed. Some rooms have daybeds, some don't.

As far as views, I have not stayed in any YC rooms, but the standard view rooms will overlook a parking lot or roof tops. I stayed in a standard view BC room and did not mind the view at all.

Hope that helps to answer your question.

Just booked our first ever trip to the Beach Club for the summer! We were able to get a great rate using our Disney Visa. I know that this thread has alot of information about the resort, but any special tips or advice would be appreciated!

:welcome:

Would you like to be added to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1? When exactly is your trip?

:woohoo:

As far as tips, my favorite "insider" (and "outsider") tip is about the BC Secret Entrance- if you go to the post about BC Rooms on Page 1 (it may be post 8 or 9, I can't remember) you can find a description and pictures.

There's lots of info and pictures on the first page of this thread. I recommend starting with the FAQ post and Other Useful Info post for a start on your resort research.

We will be checking into the BCV May 11 to May 17. I am so excited, we have been counting the days for almost a full year and now I can't believe its almost here.

My DH and I have been discussing when and how much to tip the valet to take care of our luggage. Do you tip the valet that helps take the luggage from the car and/or the valet who brings it up to the room? Do you tip each one $2 to $3 a bag? We don't want to slight anyone, but with 4 of us there will be a lot of bags.

I have you on the December list but not for May. Should you be on both? Or just May?

Sorry about that!

We usually haul our own bags around, so we don't make much use of the valets or bell service, so hopefully someone with more experience can help answer this.

Checking in to YC on 8/16-8/23....Got a great deal!!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Anyone got any idea of how to get a good view at BCVs? We're looking for a one bedroom villa and would love a water view, last time we stayed there we were in room 434 (a two bedroom unit) and had a fab view, I'd love to stay very close to there again. I really don't want a woods view, the thought of it is freaking me out, all them crawlies in the trees :scared1:. I do realise that I can look at the room maps and work out the odds but I'm wondering how often people get their requests met? If the chances are low I think I'll have to go for the BWVs but I really love the quiet pool and the ease of getting to the carpark at the BCVs.

http://www.parkinfo2go.com/dvc-bcv/floor4.php

Bumping this- BCV experts- any tips?

Maybe, "Not woods views"

Finally got caught up. We have a165 left. We cannot wait. We just need our house to sell, our move to NJ to go smooth, and then I think I could relax and enjoy the upcoming trip. We got all of our reservations that we wanted, thanks to the IPO. I tried and it would only let me do one day at a time. So say a few prayers for us it all goes smooth and we can just focus on our BC trip!

Sending pixie dust that everything leading up to your trip goes smoothly!

pixiedust:

Happy Easter everyone!

Ziggy said:
Anyone got any idea of how to get a good view at BCVs? We're looking for a one bedroom villa and would love a water view, last time we stayed there we were in room 434 (a two bedroom unit) and had a fab view, I'd love to stay very close to there again. I really don't want a woods view, the thought of it is freaking me out, all them crawlies in the trees :scared1:. I do realise that I can look at the room maps and work out the odds but I'm wondering how often people get their requests met? If the chances are low I think I'll have to go for the BWVs but I really love the quiet pool and the ease of getting to the carpark at the BCVs.
http://www.parkinfo2go.com/dvc-bcv/floor4.php

I think it's hit or miss, although they do try to give you your requests. The resort is usually booked, from what I understand, so only so many people can have a certain view. We have gotten our request about half the time. The other times though, we were pleasantly surprised, with views we didn't request, but really liked. If you like the water view, I would request 'pool view' and hope for the best.

Just wanted to say Happy Easter everyone! I'm allowing myself to gorge in chocolate today, for tomorrow I officially start training for the Dopey Challenge! At the very least, I'll be in great shape for July and I'll have another trip to look forward to next January!

Happy Easter Everyone!

Already counting down the days til we arrive back at the BC again, and this thread has once again brought on full-scale pre-trip excitement! :banana:

Dee, you can add us to the BOG list...our dates are May 1-4, followed by a first-time stay at AKL. Counting the days....:goodvibes

Happy Easter everyone, I hope the bunny was good to you all. He gave hubby and I our first DSLR so now we have to learn how to properly use it. We have officially hit the thirties with 39 days to go! I am starting to get in that frenzied mode where I panic that everything will not get done or to my neurotic satisfaction. I cannot wait to arrive at BC, hopefully meet Teena and any other DIS'ers who are blissfully enjoying a their Disney magic.

Happy Easter everyone!

I think it's hit or miss, although they do try to give you your requests. The resort is usually booked, from what I understand, so only so many people can have a certain view. We have gotten our request about half the time. The other times though, we were pleasantly surprised, with views we didn't request, but really liked.

Thanks for your help :thumbsup2, is the Epcot view trees too? I don't mind the garden view which overlooks the entrance to the villas.

Happy Easter everyone, I've ate too much chocolate already :)

Kids got stuff for upcoming Disney trip in their baskets and then some! Mainly stuff to keep them occupied on plane ride! DD16 however got some expensive markers that are used by cartoonists I guess. She wants to work for Disney some day! I was disappointed this Easter in the lack of Disney decor options :(

Happy Easter everyone, I hope the bunny was good to you all. He gave hubby and I our first DSLR so now we have to learn how to properly use it. We have officially hit the thirties with 39 days to go! I am starting to get in that frenzied mode where I panic that everything will not get done or to my neurotic satisfaction. I cannot wait to arrive at BC, hopefully meet Teena and any other DIS'ers who are blissfully enjoying a their Disney magic.

38 for us- we will see ya there!
We have been moving for the last few days so neglected our countdown calendar. I didn't realize we hit the 30s til just now....yay!

Happy Easter everyone!

:welcome: kristenYC

If you would like to be added to the Be Our Guest list, let us know when your trip is.

:cool1:

The all of the regular (standard) rooms at the YC are essentially the same size, in all view categories. There can be a slight difference in layout and furniture in the rooms. Most have 2 Queen beds, a very few have a King bed. Some rooms have daybeds, some don't.

As far as views, I have not stayed in any YC rooms, but the standard view rooms will overlook a parking lot or roof tops. I stayed in a standard view BC room and did not mind the view at all.

Hope that helps to answer your question.

Would you like to be added to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1? When exactly is your trip?

As far as tips, my favorite "insider" (and "outsider") tip is about the BC Secret Entrance- if you go to the post about BC Rooms on Page 1 (it may be post 8 or 9, I can't remember) you can find a description and pictures.

There's lots of info and pictures on the first page of this thread. I recommend starting with the FAQ post and Other Useful Info post for a start on your resort research.

I have you on the December list but not for May. Should you be on both? Or just May?

Sorry about that!

We usually haul our own bags around, so we don't make much use of the valets or bell service, so hopefully someone with more experience can help answer this.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Bumping this- BCV experts- any tips?

Maybe, "Not woods views"

Sending pixie dust that everything leading up to your trip goes smoothly!

pixiedust:

Thank you!!! We could use all the pixie dust we can :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter