2013 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ: Don't Post Here! New Thread Now Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I think I made a decision.l

The 30% off Disney Visa discount is great. But. . . . if the AP rate is even just a little bit better we are upgrading back to CL!!!

I'm trying to be happy with the gv room but when I think about our trip I'm really missing CL.

Keep your fingers crossed for even a little better discount. I've just about got DH convinced to go back to our beloved BC CL. A little "Disney math" is all I need now!

Okay, I think I made a decision.l

The 30% off Disney Visa discount is great. But. . . . if the AP rate is even just a little bit better we are upgrading back to CL!!!

I'm trying to be happy with the gv room but when I think about our trip I'm really missing CL.

Keep your fingers crossed for even a little better discount. I've just about got DH convinced to go back to our beloved BC CL. A little "Disney math" is all I need now!

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!!!

Quick question. Forgive the crass-ness, but can we ship wine to ourselves at a Disney resort?

....We like wine.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I see what you are doing here! You mentioned in a previous post that wine may be your ticket to a new trip!

Unfortunately, I don't know the answer.

Do any of the grocery delivery service companies deliver beer or wine?

How expensive is the wine you can get by the bottle in France?

I know there are mail order companies that will ship to your home. I wonder if they would ship to a resort.
(I know this because my credit card account was breached and we Discovered it when we received a note from a mail order wine company thanking us for the bottle of Dom Perignon "we" ordered)

Good luck!

I see what you are doing here! You mentioned in a previous post that wine may be your ticket to a new trip!

Unfortunately, I don't know the answer.

Do any of the grocery delivery service companies deliver beer or wine?

How expensive is the wine you can get by the bottle in France?

Good luck!

Garden Grocer will deliver wine and beer!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! DP actually shouted "WIN!" When I read your post aloud.

Also wanted to mention that the gift shop in YC, Fittings and Farings Clothes and Notions, had quite a selection of wines when we visited last year.

Many more than I had seen in other resort shops, including BC.

I am thinking with it being a convention resort they have more guests who would be wanting/willing to buy there.

Sorry not going soon enough to report back to you what they have ... maybe someone else can do some quick recon.

Enjoy!

Also wanted to mention that the gift shop in YC, Fittings and Farings Clothes and Notions, had quite a selection of wines when we visited last year.

Many more than I had seen in other resort shops, including BC.

I am thinking with it being a convention resort they have more guests who would be wanting/willing to buy there.

Sorry not going soon enough to report back to you what they have ... maybe someone else can do some quick recon.

Enjoy!

Eeeek...but what are the prices like? We are seeing $8.99/bottle on Garden Grocer (thanks DisneyMomx7!)

Eeeek...but what are the prices like? We are seeing $8.99/bottle on Garden Grocer (thanks DisneyMomx7!)

Again, not sure of the prices. I wonder if someone going in the next week or so can check it out.

Here are a couple of pictures from Fittings and Fairings. circa 2011, I think

fittings14.jpg

fittings16.jpg

I think you're going to pay a much higher price at the BC/YC gift shop.

If I'm ordering beer or wine from garden grocer I also order anything that's a mess to pack - shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste etc. When we aren't staying CL I order some breakfast items too.

HTH!

Be sure and take time to enjoy the resort!! SAB is very relaxing mid-day between park visits.

Grab a seat during the evening movies if your not too tired (like we usually are ;))

Have a nice ice cream treat at Beaches & Cream, or just sit back in the lobby with a cup of coffee and people watch (nothing like seeing how excited all the kids are before heading to the parks)

Thank you for the great ideas. Does Beaches & Cream have a walk up window, or do you have to book a reservation?

This is what my notes say:

Yacht Club, Concierge:

34 Standard View
5 Garden View
28 Lagoon View

Thanks so much!!!! This is the fist time I've been able to get back on since this morning!!! Crazy day.....3 1/2 dozen of eggs colored. :faint: I can't wait to heck out the map!

Thanks again

The Hess gas station across from the Boardwalk sells beer much cheaper than at the BC and YC. Not sure about wine. Lots of people take cabs to Super Target and load up on beer and wine. The price of a cab is usually worth it because of the price difference.

The Hess gas station across from the Boardwalk sells beer much cheaper than at the BC and YC. Not sure about wine. Lots of people take cabs to Super Target and load up on beer and wine. The price of a cab is usually worth it because of the price difference.

Remember, we're starting at POR for 6 nights, so a walk to Hess isn't going to happen. I think Garden Grocer might be the ticket. The prices seem very similar to want I'd pay around here, plus a $14 delivery fee. Seems reasonable.

Remember, we're starting at POR for 6 nights, so a walk to Hess isn't going to happen. I think Garden Grocer might be the ticket. The prices seem very similar to want I'd pay around here, plus a $14 delivery fee. Seems reasonable.

There is a lady who has a business that will shop for you and deliver your purchase to your resort the day you check in. She'll buy groceries, mouse ears, etc. If you're on FB, search for Kelly's PDS (Personal Disney Shopper) or check out her website at kellyspds.com. We were going to use her last summer but decided to go with the dining plan instead.....

For anyone who has stayed at the YC/BC as a family of 5 (adults/teenagers) did you feel cramped in the room or did you feel comfortable with the amount of space?

Thanks for your help, we are so confused and would like some advice.

I have seen the pictures of the two types of daybeds and the rollaway cot on page 1 - the small daybed and the rollaway cot don't look big enough for an adult or an old teenager to sleep on - what happens if you get a room with one of these options and there is no where for the fifth person to sleep? Am i panicking over nothing are these bigger than they look? My DS is almost 6' and my DD and DN are 5'7".

We took a "last family trip before college" with our family of five, two daughters and a son who is 6' 4". He always slept in the daybed on our many family trips and it was fine. We almost always got the day bed. I remember getting a roll away only one time. And the rooms always felt large enough. It's Disney, after all. Any inconvenience is worth it. :)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Sent you a PM :)

Anyone got any idea of how to get a good view at BCVs? We're looking for a one bedroom villa and would love a water view, last time we stayed there we were in room 434 (a two bedroom unit) and had a fab view, I'd love to stay very close to there again. I really don't want a woods view, the thought of it is freaking me out, all them crawlies in the trees :scared1:. I do realise that I can look at the room maps and work out the odds but I'm wondering how often people get their requests met? If the chances are low I think I'll have to go for the BWVs but I really love the quiet pool and the ease of getting to the carpark at the BCVs.

http://www.parkinfo2go.com/dvc-bcv/floor4.php

Thank you for the great ideas. Does Beaches & Cream have a walk up window, or do you have to book a reservation?

You can't book a reservation at Beaches & Cream, so you don't have to worry about that, but you do sometimes have to worry about a long wait.

Beaches & Cream does have a walk-up window with a limited menu, though, so you can certainly try that if the restaurant is too crowded.

TeenaS said:

Would it be easier to take a cab to the Hess station if i only wanted water, beer and wine, and have him wait for me while I grabbed some things?

Would it be easier to take a cab to the Hess station if i only wanted water, beer and wine, and have him wait for me while I grabbed some things?

Certainly easier than walking back with bulky items!

Don't know what the cab fare will be, shouldn't be much. I have a cab fare estimator in the first post of this thread (under the transportation heading).

My plan for water, I think, is to get some gallon jugs from The Marketplace and use refillable bottles to bring to the parks. Someone recently checked the price and I think they are $2.99

But if you are getting beer and wine anyway, and taking a cab, it won't be difficult to add a case of water to your purchases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter