• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2013 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ: Don't Post Here! New Thread Now Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've used Kids Nite Out babysitting service instead of Sandcastle Club because it seemed more economical for 3 kids. We've used them several times with success. They won't take the kids swimming but they did take them to the outdoor movie.
Maybe others can give more info on Sandcastle Club.

Amanda

Have not used Sandcastle Club, but we used the Cubs Den at WL last time and our kids loved it, and they were the only ones in there that night.

We will be using Sandcastle Club in a few weeks though and they are looking forward to it. I'll give a review when were back! :goodvibes

My ds loved the Sandcastle Club. He's gone there for years. Last year he was 12 and still asked to go several night. Lots of good video games!

Good to know! Thank you! I actually know of someone who works for KNO, I will check with her to find out more info...thank you!!!

O.k. I have a question for all the Beach Club fanatics....we will be staying here for the first time this summer and I was wondering if there was a community room (like they have at the Contemporary with the foosball table) at Beach or Yacht club. THANKS!!! :thumbsup2

OMG I hope the tornado is exaggerated reporting.

Hope everyone is safe.

This week has been a killer. Had to have major dental work done. The chemo really did a job on my teeth (bone loss). We got hit with $2500 worth of work. DH is self employed and we pay our own health insurance- to the tune of $1200 a month so no dental insurance.

I told DH we could switch to the Dolphin (boo hoo) as I qualify for the Teacher rate and we could save $1100. Thankfully he said no! I decided not to do the DDP and just use our TIW card. I think I'll drop some of the more expensive buffets like the Princess Story Book breakfast ($240 for the 5 of us since kids are Disney "adults") and Cape May Buffet (another $240). We'll just do a few more cs and a few less ts!

No CL this year, No DDP, darn why couldn't I have just hit that powerball! I almost had a heart attack this morning when I heard someone from New Jersey won. Sadly, no one in my family.

SO happy we didn't have to change, although I think the Dolphin was the next best thing. Definitely preferred it to POR or a DTD resort.
:grouphug: So sorry about all your difficulties. I agree, those buffets can really add up. We have gone without the DDP the past couple of trips, and found we like it better. And there are plenty of cheaper TS around. Kona Cafe, Be Our Guest 9if you can get in, lol), 50's, Sci Fi, Biertgarten, even Brown Derby- we have the Cobb Salad for lunch, and Grapefruit cake :) And B&C!!! There are also some very good CS in Epcot, MK, & AK.
We enjoyed our meal at Raglan Road. Cooks of Dublin also had some really good fish & chips.

We also get gift cards, and use them for dining. It's just like having the DDP!

Don't know about WDW. I didn't work today because Jeanne is here visiting. One touched down by Lake Louisa Park which is two miles from our home. We saw a lanai over a pool in a neighborhood about 3 miles from us completely torn apart.

Teena we saw some news video of the golf tournament :scared1: crazy weather. Stay safe, and enjoy your visit.

O.k. I have a question for all the Beach Club fanatics....we will be staying here for the first time this summer and I was wondering if there was a community room (like they have at the Contemporary with the foosball table) at Beach or Yacht club. THANKS!!! :thumbsup2

No community room at the Y&B.

Yuck snow!!! NYC is supposed to get maybe an inch or 2... but that's an inch or 2 more than I want!! Glad to hear you are safe Teena! Enjoy your time with Jeannie... i bet you are both missing that little one like crazy:hug::hug: Stay busy and enjoy the time!!

~Nannette

Just changed my reservations from split stay at WL and YC to 4 nights BC CL 1 bedroom suite 6/24 through 6/28. :cool1:

:cool1:

I'll make the adjustment to the Be Our Guest list.

We are currently booked at POR for 3 nights the weekend after Easter...convince me to switch for about $500 more...or not. Anyone think it's worth it? We plan parks Sat, Sun and leave for early pm flight Monday. Family of 2 A 3 kids

Thanks for input:thumbsup2

:welcome:

Others have made great points about location (that is my number one reason for loving teh Beach & Yacht Club), especially for a short trip, more room in the room and an awesome pool.

If you decide to make the change, let us know and I will add you tot he Be Our Guest list.

:goodvibes

Are there any good snack credit options at the Beach Club?

Do you have an upcoming stay or will you just be visiting the resort?

If you want to be added to the Be Our Guest list, let me know when you are staying.

:)

Thank you! You work very fast. Just the #s I was looking for.

Would you like to be added to the Be Our Guest list? When is your trip?

:yay:

How many YC standard rooms with a daybed??

:welcome: to you!

:woohoo:

45 Days until I arrive at the Yacht Club! DH & I are so excited!
I am so thankful for this wonderful post-It is so informative!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list. May?

:cheer2:

As Teena said, there is no community room with table games, but if you are just looking for a gathering spot, The Solarium is a room with tvs and couches and other comfy seating. It is around the corner from the BC Marketplace. There are a few pictures on Page 1.

185 days until our first BC stay and first time CL!!! So far away, but good things are worth the wait!

Yeah! ADR time! Will you be making reservations or is IPO making some for you? Let us know if you get what you want.

Is using a Post-It note over the sensor another way to keep a motion-activated conditioner on, or am I thinking of something else.

Now I remember! The post-it note is to put over the autoflush toilet sensor at the parks if your kids are scared of the sudden flush.

I'll make the adjustment to the Be Our Guest list.

Others have made great points about location (that is my number one reason for loving teh Beach & Yacht Club), especially for a short trip, more room in the room and an awesome pool.

If you decide to make the change, let us know and I will add you tot he Be Our Guest list.

Do you have an upcoming stay or will you just be visiting the resort?

If you want to be added to the Be Our Guest list, let me know when you are staying.

:)

:yay:

:welcome: to you!

:woohoo:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list. May?

:cheer2:

As Teena said, there is no community room with table games, but if you are just looking for a gathering spot, The Solarium is a room with tvs and couches and other comfy seating. It is around the corner from the BC Marketplace. There are a few pictures on Page 1.

Yeah! ADR time! Will you be making reservations or is IPO making some for you? Let us know if you get what you want.

Now I remember! The post-it note is to put over the autoflush toilet sensor at the parks if your kids are scared of the sudden flush.

I think I would like to be added to Be Our Guest....Is it just a running list of board members staying onsite at the Beach or Yacht Club and their dates ?
Thanks in Advance ..
Tim

Sure you can add us!! We will be in the world from May 31 - June 8 with June 2-8 at Beach Club Villas. THANKS!

Figure I'd join the fun..... we will be there from the 5th-8th(April). I can't wait to get back!!! I've been fighting myself about where to eat first. LOL

:banana::banana: still on Spring Break, 2 weeks :cool1: so I've been watching fares for next January, I know my dates and noticed really good fares, so booked!!
$318 RT from Seattle :goodvibes. Doesn't get much better then that. Have no idea of which resort I'll be staying at, depends on what promos come out, but fare booked woohoo!

:banana::banana: still on Spring Break, 2 weeks :cool1: so I've been watching fares for next January, I know my dates and noticed really good fares, so booked!!
$318 RT from Seattle :goodvibes. Doesn't get much better then that. Have no idea of which resort I'll be staying at, depends on what promos come out, but fare booked woohoo!

Nice!! Congrats!:thumbsup2

~Nannette

How exciting! We surprised our DDs with our first December visit in 2011. It was magical. Just a little warning though.... From that point on, if your DDs think you are up to something, they will probably think you are planning a surprise trip again. I can't tell you how many times we had to inform them that we are NOT going to Disney tomorrow. The worst was when we bought luggage on sale. They were truly convinced a surprise trip was in the making.
Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I totally agree with this.:confused3 We surprised our kids last year - we told them we were having a special day which turned into a special week at Disney. However, now they keep telling us how they want to spend their special days - Canada, California, New York City, etc. :eek: We created ourselves some little monsters. Lol!:rotfl2::rotfl2:

I have questions about the 60 day advance checkin.

Can this be done any time between 60 days before to your check in date?

I am assuming this takes the place of the prior 10 day advance checkin. Is that correct or is the 10 day still available (and different) from the 60 day advanced.

Are your keys already "cut" or prepared before your arrival if you do the advance checkin?

Has anyone checked in yet after going through this process? I can't remember when this started to know whether we are still within the 60 day window or if this started more than 2 months ago.

Having trouble wrapping my little brain around all of this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter