2013 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ: Don't Post Here! New Thread Now Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been Lurking for months now, and appreciate all of the experience that is shared on these boards. We are staying at the Beach Club , standard view , starting the second week of May. We have stayed at the contemporary all of our prior stays. It is our DD sixth birthday. I want to do online check in , but don't feel like reading 72 pages again. So a basic recap of general requests would be greatly appreciated. Close to Epcot , (pluses, minuses) --- close to SAB (pros and cons) . Greatly Appreciated. I love the OCD of most of the board members, take that the right way, it blends so well with mine :cool2:
Tim

I think you will get different answers depending on how people like to vacation. We have younger kids and tend to spend 1/2 day at the parks and 1/2 day at the resort so proximity to SAB is great for us. If you're visiting for F&W and plan to spend the majority of your time eating and drinking at Epcot, then you may prefer proximity to Epcot.
I prefer NOT first floor because I don't want to worry about my kids wandering off from the patio (yes, this has happening - mom of the year!)

Amanda

Talk to me about the Sandcastle Club - those that have experience with it. I have made reservations for my kiddos for 3.5 hours or so...given their ages, will they be bored? DH and I really could use a night out in Epcot by ourselves...we haven't had a "date night" in probably 3-4 years (no joke). :/

We'll just do a few more cs and a few less ts!

No CL this year, No DDP, darn why couldn't I have just hit that powerball! I almost had a heart attack this morning when I heard someone from New Jersey won. Sadly, no one in my family.

SO happy we didn't have to change, although I think the Dolphin was the next best thing. Definitely preferred it to POR or a DTD resort.

Sorry to hear about your rough week!

We are ditching the DDP this year too and doing some simpler less expensive meals. Kona brunch, 11 am and Sci Fi lunch and then just La Hacienda and Captain's Grille for sit downs. Oh yeah, T-Rex too.

Not counting my family, of corse, there's only one thing that I love equally with Disney and that's my Tarheels. Looks like their season is coming to an end today so now I can turn my attention to planning our next trip! Split stay at CR/YC/AKL.

That's the 2014 trip, right or do you have one sooner?

I thought about you this morning when I heard about the lottery winner in NJ. I said, "wouldn't that be cool if it was Robyn!"

I was hoping it would be one of my NJ friends too, since I didn't win.

pixiedust:

Is the air conditioning at YC motion activated? I am very heat sensitive and need a cool room to get a good night's sleep. I know some of the new resorts have this sort of system. I just like setting a temperature and the room being that. Or do I need a balloon to fool the system? Or do I need a balloon just because?

I don't think it is motion activated. I don't remember the Beach Club being like that during our stays.

We have never had to use one of the tricks to keep the air on. Is using a Post-It note over the sensor another way to keep a motion-activated conditioner on, or am I thinking of something else.

And as for the balloon. Why not? Just because!

Talk to me about the Sandcastle Club - those that have experience with it. I have made reservations for my kiddos for 3.5 hours or so...given their ages, will they be bored? DH and I really could use a night out in Epcot by ourselves...we haven't had a "date night" in probably 3-4 years (no joke). :/

We've used Kids Nite Out babysitting service instead of Sandcastle Club because it seemed more economical for 3 kids. We've used them several times with success. They won't take the kids swimming but they did take them to the outdoor movie.
Maybe others can give more info on Sandcastle Club.

Amanda

Have not used Sandcastle Club, but we used the Cubs Den at WL last time and our kids loved it, and they were the only ones in there that night.

We will be using Sandcastle Club in a few weeks though and they are looking forward to it. I'll give a review when were back! :goodvibes

Don't know about WDW. I didn't work today because Jeanne is here visiting. One touched down by Lake Louisa Park which is two miles from our home. We saw a lanai over a pool in a neighborhood about 3 miles from us completely torn apart.

DrMomof3 said:
We've used Kids Nite Out babysitting service instead of Sandcastle Club because it seemed more economical for 3 kids. We've used them several times with success. They won't take the kids swimming but they did take them to the outdoor movie.
Maybe others can give more info on Sandcastle Club.

Amanda

I have heard wonderful things about kids nite out. I have heard pretty good things about sandcastle club, but the one reason we could not use it was b/c the child must be fully fully potty-trained. Of course, my wife prefers people she knows, so we rent an extra room for the trip and bring "babysitter grandma" (this trip is actually both grandmas, who agreed to share a room)

I have been Lurking for months now, and appreciate all of the experience that is shared on these boards. We are staying at the Beach Club , standard view , starting the second week of May. We have stayed at the contemporary all of our prior stays. It is our DD sixth birthday. I want to do online check in , but don't feel like reading 72 pages again. So a basic recap of general requests would be greatly appreciated. Close to Epcot , (pluses, minuses) --- close to SAB (pros and cons) . Greatly Appreciated. I love the OCD of most of the board members, take that the right way, it blends so well with mine :cool2:
Tim

Howdy and :welcome:

Don't blame you for not wanting to read through all of the pages of the thread- here is some info from the FAQ post on Page 1 regarding online checkin:

60 Day Online Checkin/My Disney Experience

Confirm arrival and departure times

Pick PIN numbers to use for park and resort purchases

There is also an option of clicking a box which said they would possibly allow early entry to a room prior to 3 but it might override room requests.

Request for a day bed does not appear to be an option you can request through on-line checkin.

Beach Club 60 Day Check In:

Room Request Options- Choose 2 of the three listed:

Large balcony
Lower floor
Near transportation

Now for my family, the full balcony is the biggie!!! Unfortunately, a day bed is also becoming a necessity. My teenaged son doesn't want to share a bed with his brother. If we don't get a room with a daybed, I will probably be requesting a rollaway cot. Or tell the boy to tough it out!

185 days until our first BC stay and first time CL!!! So far away, but good things are worth the wait!

Don't know about WDW. I didn't work today because Jeanne is here visiting. One touched down by Lake Louisa Park which is two miles from our home. We saw a lanai over a pool in a neighborhood about 3 miles from us completely torn apart.

I am glad you are ok!!

Be careful and stay safe!!!!! Have a wonderful visit with your two girls!!!!

My ds loved the Sandcastle Club. He's gone there for years. Last year he was 12 and still asked to go several night. Lots of good video games!

Dee - We are doing Captain's Grill too. I always found Rose and Crown and Via Napoli two of the more reasonable ts restaurants. I think we're going to try Ragland Road this year for the first time. A few years ago we only used TIW and found it did save us money and we felt more free to order things like two appetizers instead of an entree or a soup, appetizer and dessert etc. I do like the "pre-pay" aspect of DDP so what I'm doing is buying Disney gift cards so I'll feel like it's pre-paid. I always do that and then just apply them to our room charges every few days. So sorry we're going to miss each other AGAIN this year!

Boy if I had won the powerball that would have been one heck of a Dis Meet!

45 Days until I arrive at the Yacht Club! DH & I are so excited!
I am so thankful for this wonderful post-It is so informative!

OMG I hope the tornado is exaggerated reporting.

Hope everyone is safe.

This week has been a killer. Had to have major dental work done. The chemo really did a job on my teeth (bone loss). We got hit with $2500 worth of work. DH is self employed and we pay our own health insurance- to the tune of $1200 a month so no dental insurance.

I told DH we could switch to the Dolphin (boo hoo) as I qualify for the Teacher rate and we could save $1100. Thankfully he said no! I decided not to do the DDP and just use our TIW card. I think I'll drop some of the more expensive buffets like the Princess Story Book breakfast ($240 for the 5 of us since kids are Disney "adults") and Cape May Buffet (another $240). We'll just do a few more cs and a few less ts!

No CL this year, No DDP, darn why couldn't I have just hit that powerball! I almost had a heart attack this morning when I heard someone from New Jersey won. Sadly, no one in my family.

SO happy we didn't have to change, although I think the Dolphin was the next best thing. Definitely preferred it to POR or a DTD resort.

Hi Robyn, sorry to hear you are having a bad time lately. It sounds like you've made some good compromises by staying where you love, and having some cheaper meals. You've done some of the fancier restaurants, so I'm sure you will be happy with the other places you choose to eat at.

I think we're going to try Ragland Road this year for the first time.

We love Raglan Road. It is a nice atmosphere with good food. It has become one of our must do on every trip. I hope you enjoy it.

That is too close for comfort! Glad you are okay and happy you are staying safe with Jeanne at your side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter