1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

2013 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ: Don't Post Here! New Thread Now Open

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by natebenma, Feb 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YCFAN

YCFAN <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

Split stay. We did this once and it was a very nice way to start the vacation. We swam all afternoon and then took the boat to Downtown Disney. It was such a pleasant evening and really made us ready to hit the parks the next day.

Hope you have a wonderful stay!!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

Mmmmm loved the Blood Orange Maggie :goodvibes

4. DrMomof3

DrMomof3 DIS Veteran

I would also do a split stay. Pack one bag that will have all your "first night" stuff in it so you don't have to search through all the bags and unpack. Then when you get to BC you can get settled in.

Amanda

5. Scott MC

Scott MC DIS Veteran

Thank you! So...."Upper floor please, overlooking back entrance or wedding gazebo if possible" would be the request?

6. nannette

nannette Dislikes Trolls! :)

Yep! We were 3rd floor right in front of the wedding gazebo straight ahead. When we looked to the left we could see the lake if we looked right it was balconies. To me it was a great location and the view was beautiful!

Good Luck
    ~Nannette

7. pixarmom

pixarmom DIS Veteran

We've stayed deluxe CL at BC and I definitely think it's worth the split stay! We do split stays all the time and love it. Gives you the opportunity to try a different resort (which is fun for the bucket list, too!)

Sometimes, we let Bell Services transfer our luggage. But when we do that, we don't expect to see it until late in the afternoon or the evening. Setting those expectations and carrying everything we need in our park bag avoids any frustration or disappointment. In reality, luggage usually arrives earlier than we expect, but then we're pleasantly surprised! If we need something from our luggage earlier in the day (MNSSHP, for example!) or just prefer to start our day at Resort #2, we take a cab early in the morning. (Did that last year when transferring from POFQ to YC, so that we could walk to DHS in the morning and avoid the bus.)

If you are staying CL and need to change to use SAB, I highly recommend the spacious and super clean restroom in the club lounge. When we arrive at BC before our room is ready, it's very easy to use the club lounge restrooms to change.

Have a great trip!

8. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

Sounds great!!! I think whichever of the view requests are granted will be great.

@ tpoo- you have received some great advice, all recommending the split stay. I want to give you a little warning, however, about accepting split stay advice from pixarmom-

This is a woman who is dreaming of a 10 day/10 different resort stay- or some such thing- just thought you should know.

;)

9. jennyjinx3

jennyjinx3 DIS Veteran

Tried again!! Its about a pin...;)

10. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

pixiedust: for you both snagging a good discount even though neither of you go when I'M there, late August :upsidedow. Humph
    I have to PM you Dee about this pin, last time I never got one :-(. Maybe one of those play Doh fish lamps too :rotfl:

11. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

Yes, we were on the CL floor. Quite near elevator to Marketplace. View was great, could see the Boardwalk off to the right, and the higher Illuminations over the roof. Found this out our last night :sad2:

12. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

I looked at that last week in August, decent prices, but DH can't be away from work at that time.

:sad2:

Got your info and forwarded it to Nannette- she has the pins, or what's left of them. Maybe around 8-9.

13. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

I agree the best chance is to have your requests noted on your reservation. This new 60 day check in is uncharted territory for us all, but I will say this, we stayed at POR in January when earlier check in started, and I checked in 20 days ahead and all 3 of my room requests I had on my reservation were honoured :goodvibes. So I'd be inclined to do the early check in again.

For our January trip we didn't have any request options either, yet I've seen posts that say they were given lots of request options :confused: weird.

Yes their are elevators just off the lobby by Marketplace!

There's those fish stories again :eek: :rotfl2::rotfl2:

14. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

Oh yay, sorry, I couldn't remember who's doing the pins this time :goodvibes thanks!!

Too bad about DH! Ditch him and come anyway :rotfl::rotfl:

15. jenjersnap

jenjersnap yadda yadda yadda

I am not a YC expert with only one stay there under my belt (though I just booked our second officially - wooooohooooooo) but last time we had a room on the quiet pool side (so the rooms across the hall from the gazebo side) that was so pretty, lush and quiet. Pretty quick walk to lobby. If you look at the Disneyzone room map posted on the first few pages of this thread, you will see where I mean. The room categories on the map are outdated so it says they are standard but they should be garden view.

16. melindae10

melindae10 Mouseketeer

39 days until we arrive!! Last stay at BC was as a 11 year old child, long time ago! We will be arriving in MCO at 7:30 PM. How long does it take to get to the hotel on DME? Should we use the ME for our luggage? How long might it take to get our luggage? The kids are carrying their clothes onto the plane, DH and I are checking ours.

17. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

3 "n"s in Nannette's name. See if that is the issue.

18. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

:welcome: back!

I'll pencil you in on the list for April/May 2014. Let us know when your dates firm up.

:cool1:

Got it!

:goodvibes

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for May.

:yay:

Let us know how we can help with any info!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest for Oct- YC/Poly split. Are you are still working on exact dates?

:woohoo:

I would love to add you to the Be Our Guest list on page 1. April?

:cool1:

The two times I took ME from MCO to BC it was 1 1/2 hours from touchdown to the BC doors (with stops at POR and BWI). This was with a 10 am arrival time. Advice given here is to expect up to 2 hours.

I love using the ME for luggage! We just take anything we might need that day in our carryon. If you want you can stash the carryon with Bell Services if you want to go for a swim in SAB or visit a park while waiting for your room if it isn't ready.

Up to 3 hours for your luggage to appear in the room. It has been there when we have returned from the parks.

I have you on the list for Nov- does the YC part of your trip stretch into Nov?

I haven't seen this discussed- how does the advanced pre-registration/checkin work for split stays. Can you check into both places on the 60 day mark? Or wait until 60 days from the second stay? Or do two checkins???

In any event, your checkin would be sometime in August, right? Hopefully we will have more info and advice this summer about the advanced checkin.

:goodvibes

Hey, have a fantastic trip!!!

There's nothing that comes to mind right now, but my mo is to think of something for guests to check about after they have left for their vacations!

:banana::banana::banana:

19. Wood Nymph

Wood Nymph DIS Veteran

Hi Scott,

I'm pretty sure that the back of the resort is considered to be the parking lot side, not the water view. It is standard terminology to refer to the side facing the water as the front. To be on the safe side and to avoid all confusion, you might be better off not asking for the back entrance, unless you really do want to be above the driveway. :)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

20. medicgirl177

medicgirl177 Mouseketeer

I too just completed online check-in, we're staying GV CL too. I thought that the option selections were silly, since GV CL is 5th fl. I would think since they have your room level they would tailor the options to your category, but it didn't. It also forced me to set a PIN for my 11yr old, (I tried to bypass it but couldn't), then on the final page did not show her as having privileges to charge (whew).

21. rsquared

rsquared Earning My Ears

Thanks for your trip reports Natebenma! :worship:

I tried to PM you but received the following...
    natebenma has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.