2013 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ: Don't Post Here! New Thread Now Open

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by natebenma, Feb 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ella6599

ella6599 Mouseketeer

Hi, Amanda! :wave2: :) When in August will you be at Disney?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. nannette

nannette Dislikes Trolls! :)

Fingers crossed for you Amanda!!

~Nannette

4. nannette

nannette Dislikes Trolls! :)

No message :confused3

~Nannette

5. mademluc

mademluc Mouseketeer

Oh please, oh please, let this be true!!!! :banana: it would make a big difference in my DH's attitude toward this trip. :yay:

6. Scott MC

Scott MC DIS Veteran

Hello everyone! Happy Friday!

With our upcoming...no one saw it coming....Yacht Club stay, I have to ask the inevitable question. (God, I hate even asking it)....We have a garden view booked and we of course want to know where the best GV rooms are, and what kind of room request we should make. Daybeds aren't important since there's 2 of us, and I believe we're promised a balcony at YC, so I guess being close to the lobby is what's most important. We like being close to the action.

So, Thoughts?

7. 333disneymom

333disneymom DIS Veteran

We are doing the same split, but in reverse in August. Let us know how you like it :)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

8. Vaninou

Vaninou Mouseketeer

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

can't wait!

9. Bellabully

Bellabully Official Disney Addict

Good morning everybody! Just wondering if anyone knew when the April Activites Schedule will be posted? Wanted to add a HUGE Thank you to all of you amazing Disers who maintain these threads tirelessly!!! We would all be LOST without your dedication!:worship:

10. catho72

catho72 DIS Veteran

I would be shocked if the April 2 discount doesn't come to fruition. The original poster is a CM and was dead-on with the last discount promotion. Good luck to all who need it! Sending pixie dust that everyone gets exactly what they want!

I'm getting excited for our July trip.....we just purchased our park tickets. Saved $400 by purchasing Y.E.S. tickets instead of thru Undercover Tourist. I was even able to get my husband to agree to take the kids to the Y.E.S. class the kids are taking, which means I'll have about 4 hours to myself at WDW!!!! :banana: I think I'm more excited about having time to myself over saving $400! :)

Have a great weekend everyone!

11. Cinderumbrella

Cinderumbrella Wench

I have stayed CL at all 3 and agree with Ofinn on all of the above.

BWI really is a pretty resort, but the CL area being away from the elevator bothered me :confused3 But the BWI CL staff is top notch and that lounge never seemed to be crowded.

YC lounge is smaller feeling but we never had issues with crowds either. Breakfast time was the busiest time there. With both our stays, our room was steps away from the lounge so we frequently ate breakfast on our balcony overlooking the wedding gazebo.

BC CL was nice, staff was nice, food was plentiful but it was still my least favorite CL of the 3. We just REALLY like the "dark side" better ;)

HTH!

12. catho72

catho72 DIS Veteran

April 1.

13. Ziggy

Ziggy Playing guitar with the spiders from mars

Seems likely as our percentage discount in the UK finishes then, I can't book it at the moment as I'm trying to change my flight dates due to DH's work and getting a dog sitter, I'm travelling on miles so availability is low, if I did book it now there would be charges to make changes.
    http://wdtc.disneyinternational.com/Special-Offers.asp?ID=22

14. DrMomof3

DrMomof3 DIS Veteran

Thank you!!!

Happy 500th post! And thank you!

I'm super excited!

Thanks!

Thanks Dee!

The last week of August. We're taking the autotrain so we leave NY on 8/24 but won't arrive in Florida until Sunday morning. We then hop back on the train 8/31 and arrive home 9/1.

Thank you!

Amanda

15. pamkat1820

pamkat1820 Mouseketeer

I don't know what is making this count down for this trip so hard. It's driving me nuts! We always plan ahead, at least 180 out, if not more. I watch my ticker like its torture!

Even my husband came home yesterday and asked how many days until we leave. I think it's because this is the resort I have always wanted to stay at. I feel like a kid waiting for Xmas morning. April 2012-August 2013 is just to long, never again. I need a disney fix.

16. bigAWL

bigAWL DIS Veteran

Not to rub it in, but...

Our check-in at BCV is in 5 days!!!

Anybody want me to check something out while we're there?

17. ella6599

ella6599 Mouseketeer

Awww :( We'll be there the first week in August. I thought maybe we could finally meet up :) Have a good trip though!

18. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

How close to the lobby? Like first floor close? Or close to an elevator that takes you to the lobby?

YC experts in the know (not me) suggest a wedding gazebo view because it is so pretty. Are these close to an elevator? I think some are.

"Wedding gazebo view, please. (First Floor)/(Upper Floor) if possible. Near elevator/close to lobby access".

19. Bellabully

Bellabully Official Disney Addict

Thank you!

20. imobsessedwithdisney

imobsessedwithdisney Mouseketeer

Just curious why BC comes in last on the list. We are doing our first ever CL stay at BC in sept thanks :)

21. Cinderumbrella

Cinderumbrella Wench

There is absolutely nothing wrong with BC CL. It's just if I had to rank them, it would come in 3rd. I would stay there again in a heartbeat if YC CL was unavailable. In fact, I would stay at BC CL before BWI CL if YC CL was unavailable (but we really just didn't care for BWI as a whole, despite liking the actual CL lounge and staff).

We just really, REALLY love the YC!! :goodvibes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.