2013 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ: Don't Post Here! New Thread Now Open

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by natebenma, Feb 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TeenaS

TeenaS DIS Veteran

Just an FYI, there are VERY FEW king bed garden view rooms at the BC. Just want you to know that so you are not disappointed if you don't get one. October the Y&B is usually full due to the F&W Festival so the chance of a king bed GV being vacated on the day you check-in is slim. Since it is your only request, you should get it if one is being checked out of on your check-in day and since it is just you and your DH. But if one isn't available, you'll probably get two queens.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. 333disneymom

333disneymom DIS Veteran

This is what I miss most by viewing the Dis on iPads - no tickers or emoticons. Hope they change that in the future.

I wonder why they don't just drop off at AK first and then BB?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

4. Tarheel girl 1975

Tarheel girl 1975 Supposed Former Fastpass Hoarder

I agree. Good thing we were already planning to drive to Blizzard Beach.

5. catho72

catho72 DIS Veteran

Woo hoo! Awesome news! I am just now seeing that July is open for booking a Wishes dessert party. Hopefully I can still get one!

6. Dis703

Dis703 DIS Veteran

Thanks for the link. According to their calculations though its going to cost a fortune to send this package down so I may need to figure out something else. I purchased 3 huge plush characters and bought some smaller toys to do an in room celebration for the kids but I wasn't thinking about the fact they charge big bucks for an oversized box even though its light. The van is going to be so packed already I'm not sure how I could take them with us now.

Definitely going to need to figure it out soon though.

7. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

But not so good news if your going or coming back from BB :( having to get off the bus at AK wet & yucky from BB and transfer to another bus to get back to resort will really increase travel time. If you have a 20 min bus wait at BB, then another 20 min bus wait at AK. That's 40 min just on wait time. Since we plan on a few WP days this August, having to take 2 busses is not masking me happy.

Maybe they could do this route during colder months when WP attendance is lower. In hot months I think they should have busses back to your resort from the water parks. Sorry to disagree my friend!

8. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

Congrats!

We stayed at BC, and were looking around YC during our visit. Also have been there dining. This trip we are trying YC. My 27 yr old daughter is very exited about YC. She wanted to stay there last time, it was me who wanted BC :goodvibes

9. OregonMomToWDW

OregonMomToWDW DIS Veteran

Wow! What a big response to my question. Thank you to everyone that answered. I feel much better about my decision and she is starting to get excited too.

10. YCFAN

YCFAN <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

This will be the first year since 2003 that I have not been at least once during the year to BC/YC. I am missing you guys so badly............ I wish I was going to be there with you!!!!!!!!!!!! Have a blast and please think of me at least once during your visit together. Wish I would be there with you. See you next year and hope you guys have the time of your life!! I love you guys to death!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. luvpoohandcompany

luvpoohandcompany DIS Veteran

You are not alone my friend! :rotfl2::rotfl2: Me too!
    Thanks for this info :) Do you have to vacate the lounge at 10pm for them to do a final tidy-up and then they let you back in? If we were there having a glass of wine would we have to leave and come back when they had cleared all the desserts etc?
    Not too long to go now :goodvibes

12. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

Ack! I don't see you on the Be Our Guest list for May- I'll fix that! May 11?

:thumbsup2

:sunny::sunny::sunny:

Posting some sunshine for you. Sounds like you need a vacation!

Awesome upgrade!!! :cool1:

Was this at BC or another resort? I don't have any pictures from the 2BR Suite at BC in my Deluxe Room thread...

Thanks for checking in with us. Hope you were able to enjoy the pool!

:goodvibes

I have never seen/read about the dumbell buoys being sold at the resort. Can you pack or ship some? :scratchin

Thanks so much for the info!!!

:thumbsup2

13. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

Great video!!! What a nice presentation of your photos and videos!

LOVE the picture of the kids watching the fireworks from the balcony.

Thanks for sharing!

:banana::banana::banana:

14. distherapy

distherapy DIS Veteran

Try FedEx Ground or UPS (you can check their prices online). We have found that, over a certain size or weight, they are cheaper than USPS.

15. DisneyMomx7

DisneyMomx7 DIS Veteran

What am I going to do without my BC/YC Dis Meet buddy? You know that you will be there in our hearts. I will NEVER forget last year when you surprised us! Or the year before when DH called me a "stalker" when I followed you into the ladies room at Narcoossee's!

Next year will be spectacular!!!!

We love you to death too!!!!

16. TeenaS

TeenaS DIS Veteran

I sent a huge (size of dishwasher) box that weighted 52 pounds Fed Ex Ground from central FL to my daughter in Vegas and it cost less than $50. It took 6 days to get there. Not bad!!!

17. MickeyT

MickeyT DIS Veteran

Agree RW.....Maybe a bus loop from/to both waterparks.

I guess the problem I have with it is we go during off season a lot and I can't tell you how many trips I've made through BB and no one got off or on.....:upsidedow

18. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

I'll adjust your dates on the B.O.G.

Sounds like some absolutely awesome surprises!

Thanks for letting us know about the conference. :thumbsup2

:welcome: to this thread and to posting on the DIS!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for July.

Let us know if you have any questions about the resort.

:cool1:

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for August.

:woohoo:

I'm glad everyones responses have reassured you (and hopefully your daughter). It's all good!!!

Bumping this!!!

I think Robyn did this (with pixarmom's photographic help). Robyn looked at the Marketplace pictures that pixarmom took, and made note of some of the goodies for sale, then prepared a list of things for IPO to purchase on her behalf.

Maybe one or both of them could elaborate on this.

:wave2: bleeps.

Giving you a :welcome:

Not sure if you have posted here before, I don't remember seeing your screen name on the B.O.G list in the past.

Please let us know if you end up booking here for September.

:yay:

From what I understand- there are two types of daybeds at the Beach and Yacht Club. The older ones are smaller and more appropriate for a younger child and the larger ones are fine for adults, even tall ones like your son. I also have heard that rollaway cots are very comfortable.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure that the room assigners know which rooms have which type of daybeds, although if I were you, I would specify "Large sized daybed for my tall son, please" Maybe that would help.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for October.

:woohoo:

Just making sure that you realize that not all of the rooms at the Beach Club have full balconies, so if that is important to you, you need to add that request to your reservation.

Please remember, list your most important request first, and understand that there is no way to book these types of requests. The room assigners will do their best to get you into the type of room you want, but they are limited to what is available on the day you check in.

I think there are only reservations through July 10 so far, so if you are looking for later than that in July, you still have a chance. Now that you are CL at YC (and at the Poly), have you asked IPO to try to book the night you want?

I am looking for July 19, so I will be checking later today, and for the next few days, to see if Disney has opened up reservations for those days.

Thanks for the suggestion! The only problem, I think, is that if they send by those methods, they will be charged a handling fee by the convention center, although I believe the fee is by weight... so it may end up being less expensive than USPS in the end for the larger, but lighter weight stuffed animals.

:)

19. lmhall2000

lmhall2000 May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you

Thank you so much! Yes! That does help immensely! We are booked for here as of right now and reading all the posts so far we may try our best to stay here! We have tried out CR, Poly, OKW, and AKL in the past, we have 3 teenagers and it sounds like they would love BC! Thanks so much!! We are booked the 2nd week in September 10-16 :) Celebrating a load of items, combined losses should be at goal by then (losing over 150 pounds for dh and me!), my birthday and our 21st wedding anniversary...getting excited! Just waiting for free dining offer to roll out!

20. lov2b@disney

lov2b@disney DIS Veteran

Good morning YC/BC fans! I'm always reading but haven't posted in a while... We have solidified our dates and this year we decided to give YC a try...we have been staying BC for the last several years...YC is the last regular resort we haven't stayed in!

Sooo... Please add us to the BOG list! YC CL 7/13-7/18... We will be at polyCL 7/18-23...

Hoping to see you again teena! Is there a July meet this year?

21. LMO429

LMO429 DIS Veteran

We are staying at the yacht club again in October. Does anyone know if it's easier to get walk up breakfast reservations at the swan/dolphin. I know last trip if we did not have a breakfast reservation at either kouzzina, captain's grille or cape we wound up skipping it. I did make a couple of breakfast reservations for the week but sometimes we just want to wing it as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.