2013 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ: Don't Post Here! New Thread Now Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
magicalmoments4 said:
You will be missed on here!! Much success for you and your family!! The enjoy the tulips and windmills :) I live in Holland, MI and we are gearing up for Tulip Time in two weeks and if the weather doesn't start cooperating, we won't have any tulips (again, last year the tulips had come and gone before the festival. This year, the weather has been too cold)!!

I think Tinkerbell does fly over. We have been twice and from what i remember, I think she does. I'm planning on doing both Wishes, the regular before they switch and then the Holiday Wishes.

That's awesome TeenaS!!! Hope you are having a wonderful time out to sea!!! I'm celebrating a good friend of mine tonight for being 10 years cancer free!!

Always good for a laugh NinjaMom!!!

A question for all, is it weird if I want to print off the various menus of the places we are thinking of doing for ADR's? Do people do that kind of thing or am I just way over the top with that one?

I did not quite do that BUT I went through each one and made notes on my daily index cards for the potential places and choices.

LOL, of course I didn't know that you already have one, but I should have known! I can't be expected to read through this entire over-achiever's thread when I can't even keep up with it on a daily basis! Sheesh!!!

If Nate is anything like his Mom I thank that teacher was full of stuffins saying he was "not working as hard."

Later gater.

It makes me happy to be part of an over-achievers' group that is related to Disney. :cheer2:

We have pulled our kids out of school for just about every trip. We have to write a letter to the principal asking permission to take them out of school. We have to say its educational and throw in DH is on military leave. It is up to the principal to accept or deny. We have no clue what it will be like in NJ. They will miss a total of 7 days. I hope they work with us.

I'm taking our daughter out of school the first 3 days of school (2nd grade). It wasn't my first choice but its when we are traveling. I know education is important and i am a very active parent in her education. But I like to see someone stand in front of me and tell me that I have to ask permission to do something with my kid. My next statement would be ok and what is your address so I can send her medical bills and college tuition bills too. Oh ok than.

It kills me sometimes. If a kid is were they need to be developmentally and isn't behind then I believe they don't have the right to say anything.

Thanks CT Disney! :goodvibes The sandwich you had sounds right up my alley! :thumbsup2 My plan for my aunt & myself is to do lunch there on our MK Day & Ohana for dinner. Now I need to figure out the best time to get into lunch line! Did you get pictures with the beast too?

No pictures with the beast...we didn't see him there at lunchtime.

But, make sure you visit with Gaston if he is outside. He had a meet and greet set up by the Gaston statue right outside of Gaston's tavern. He was an absolute trip!

We had all the guys in our party pose with him in a manly fashion with muscles flexed. I did mention to Gaston that my husband had a "thing" for Belle. At that, Gaston looked at me and said, "Is your name Belle?". When I said, "no, it's not," Gaston turned back to my husband and said, "Tell me, what is your name sir?" My husband told him his name, to which Gaston replied, "You look much better when you're not talking." Hilarious. :rotfl2:

A couple of the corridors leading to my room remind me of "The Shining." There's only about 50 yards between my patio and the Dolphin. And I have an egret (I think) living on the little canal outside my patio.

Kim

I'm taking our daughter out of school the first 3 days of school (2nd grade). It wasn't my first choice but its when we are traveling. I know education is important and i am a very active parent in her education. But I like to see someone stand in front of me and tell me that I have to ask permission to do something with my kid. My next statement would be ok and what is your address so I can send her medical bills and college tuition bills too. Oh ok than.

It kills me sometimes. If a kid is were they need to be developmentally and isn't behind then I believe they don't have the right to say anything.

Amen!! I completely 100% agree!! My son plays travel hockey and he misses a lot of school, but I have my degree in education and my son is in good standing and I pay the teacher's salary, so therefore they don't have a leg to stand on if they were to tell me they can't be taken out of school!! I'm making journals and passports for both of my kids to work on for Epcot!!

No pictures with the beast...we didn't see him there at lunchtime.

But, make sure you visit with Gaston if he is outside. He had a meet and greet set up by the Gaston statue right outside of Gaston's tavern. He was an absolute trip!

We had all the guys in our party pose with him in a manly fashion with muscles flexed. I did mention to Gaston that my husband had a "thing" for Belle. At that, Gaston looked at me and said, "Is your name Belle?". When I said, "no, it's not," Gaston turned back to my husband and said, "Tell me, what is your name sir?" My husband told him his name, to which Gaston replied, "You look much better when you're not talking." Hilarious. :rotfl2:

:rotfl2: Lol CT Disney! :rotfl:

A couple of the corridors leading to my room remind me of "The Shining." There's only about 50 yards between my patio and the Dolphin. And I have an egret (I think) living on the little canal outside my patio.

Kim

Hmmmm. " the Shining" And "the Birds".

Sleep with one eye open :)

Yes, it is really messed up. I'm not saying they would but they can. I think it was 2nd grade when Kayla was sick all the time. Strep, stomach bug, strep again. Anyway she accumulated almost 10 absences. With the exception of strep, I didn't take her to the doctor. I received a letter that if she went over 10 absences she would be considered Truant. It is royally messed up.

Is this a Pennsylvania thing? We're outside Philly, and when DD attended school in our district we got the truancy letter as well. They knew of her health issues and often they were sending her home from school because she would very suddenly become ill, so I was insulted by that letter. I told them in no uncertain terms that she would be missing another couple of days to atteend her brother's college graduation out of state. The following year I took her out of school for a quick Disney weekend trip. She missed one day and one hour of school. The principal approved it, but when we went to due process the district used that one day and one hour against us. Now she's enrolled in a cyber school, and we take her out every May. Cyber school doesn't care, as it's self-paced.

Is this a Pennsylvania thing? We're outside Philly, and when DD attended school in our district we got the truancy letter as well. They knew of her health issues and often they were sending her home from school because she would very suddenly become ill, so I was insulted by that letter. I told them in no uncertain terms that she would be missing another couple of days to atteend her brother's college graduation out of state. The following year I took her out of school for a quick Disney weekend trip. She missed one day and one hour of school. The principal approved it, but when we went to due process the district used that one day and one hour against us. Now she's enrolled in a cyber school, and we take her out every May. Cyber school doesn't care, as it's self-paced.

Don't think it is unheard of in other states but definitely alive and well in PA. Kayla did Cyber School when her gymnastics schedule was getting too intense. Went back to "regular" school when she was done with gymnastics. There are definite things I miss about Cyber School, but alas my daughter prefers brick and mortar and now I work Mon-Fri, so it wouldn't work out.

Kim

That's funny because I say the same thing about BWI. For me it's like vacationing in a Steven king novel. Shinning for the halls & the it for the pool. Lol

HI all!
We're here on our last day at YC (lovely resort, but missing BC and BWI...review to come later), and we're thinking about a possible return later in the year...early Dec. to be exact. Problem is, the Bounceback doesn't include the dates we'd be looking into. Is it worth a call anyway to see if they'll do it? Also, even though it's not available on the BB, can we assume there will be a reasonable general or AP discount for the first few weeks of Dec?

As we have to make this decision today, any thoughts would be appreciated!

HI all!
We're here on our last day at YC (lovely resort, but missing BC and BWI...review to come later), and we're thinking about a possible return later in the year...early Dec. to be exact. Problem is, the Bounceback doesn't include the dates we'd be looking into. Is it worth a call anyway to see if they'll do it? Also, even though it's not available on the BB, can we assume there will be a reasonable general or AP discount for the first few weeks of Dec?

As we have to make this decision today, any thoughts would be appreciated!

I think a call would be worth it - all they can do is say no, but you might be pleasantly surprised. We were there this past December 10-17 with a discount, but you can't assume anything with Disney :confused3 If your dates are flexible, I would probably not take a chance and just book the BB

Have not been here for a LONG TIME and my trip is coming up soon - June 17th!!

1. Teena - read your post on the 6 months clear. So happy for you. I think about you so often and will certainly stop by to see you this summer. Miss chatting with you on here!

2. Yc Rooms. I am the resident expert on YC CLUB LEVEL however no club this summer. I know I am slumming it!:rotfl: I can recall from the 5th floor the only room I ever stayed in there was the gazebo view. Help me expand my horizons at YC Garden View Room. I am going blank as to what other views are there in garden that might offer a lagoon sideways glimpse - guess it is just the gazebo view or ????

3. Yachtsman for dinner...yeah or nay and/or has Cape May kept the BBQ ribs and shrimp? Bet Teena knows this:thumbsup2

4. Have I missed anything in the last several months in regards to anything on yc/bc operations? Any changes etc that I should know about? I have been gone about 6 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks! melissa

:welcome: zmanandshan!

Would you like to be added to the Be Our Guest list on page 1? May trip?

As dansdad said, the coffee makers are Mr. Coffee machines and take regular, flat-bottomed filters. I think the studios have 4 cup makers and the 1 BR and 2 BR have the larger 10 cup.

Hi!
Yes, please add me. We love the BC. When we joined DVC with BCV as our home resort, we originally planned on visiting all the resorts. First visit we tried BLT since there was nothing available at BC during the F&W fest. We're set to arrive on May 4th, and that will be our 3rd consecutive trip there... so much for trying the other resorts. :)

John

Hi everyone:wave2: I've read every page of this thread and feel like I know you all now! I've long lurked on these boards and am happy to announce my family is joining your ranks and would love to be added to the Be Our Guest list:

We are doing a split stay WL 10/25-10/30 and BC 10/30-11/4:cool1:

Now a question for all of you experts--does anyone know the price of cheese sticks, half-gallons of milk, and fruit at the Marketplace? I think I saw milk, cheese and fruit in the Marketplace pictures, but getting an idea on prices will help me decide whether to do an order with Garden Grocer or just get stuff at the Marketplace.

Thanks for your help on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter