2013 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ: Don't Post Here! New Thread Now Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
GRRR!!!

When my oldest son was in 4th grade, we took him out of school for a cruise. On his next report card, his teacher wrote "Nate has not been working hard in school since returning from his trip"

Well, she was probably jealous!

At least our trip is toward the end of May so there is not much school year to "slack off" in after that!

Oh, and can you please do a tutorial on multi-quote??? :worship:

I wish we were on the same bus....but our flight doesn't land until 4:30pm. Yes, we are flying from CA. Our flight leaves CA at 6:30AM (what was I thinking???) and we do need to make one plane change. There is a 3 hour difference between CA and FL, so I guess we will actually land at 1:30 CA time. We are excited!!! This is our first trip. Maybe we will see you there. Just look for the young senior couple with big smiles!!!

Jan

Haha! Flying in from CA, I'd be looking for a 5:00 a.m. flight... I can never get to WDW soon enough. Have a safe trip.

Well, she was probably jealous!

At least our trip is toward the end of May so there is not much school year to "slack off" in after that!

Oh, and can you please do a tutorial on multi-quote??? :worship:

You know I have one already, right???

Not sure if it works on phone apps, but here are the directions:

How do I...

Multi-quote more than one post?
There are 3 buttons on the bottom right corner of every post. The normal Quote button, the Multi Quote button ("+) and the Quick Reply button (scroll and quill). Click the middle Multi Quote button ("+) on all of the posts you want to quote. The buttons will backlight red when you select it. When you have selected all of the posts, go to the bottom of the page and click on the POST REPLY button. You will be taken to a Dialog box where all of the posts will be quoted, ready for your answers.

Thankful for all the walking we do at Disney, otherwise I think the average weight gain would be 15 lbs! Everyone posts such great food experiences!

No kidding! We actually wore pedometers one trip to see just how much walking we were doing- I think we hit 12,000 steps minimum everyday, and Epcot was 18,000 (but still managed to gain a pound or too from all the noshing! :lol: )

19 days to go!

And we really need it!
My husband's grandfather just passed away :-( totally unexpected ...
The last days have been really tough.
We need some magical holidays now!
My DH is turning 40 tomorrow, hope he will enjoy a little bit the surprised i had plan for him.

I was really happy to read the threads this week, i was able to disconnect from the sad news...
Thanks to you :-)

Sorry to hear of your sudden loss. Your husband is lucky to have you.

The rooms that will be close to the lobby/transportation will not be close to the rooms that are near the EPCOT walkway.

For rooms close to lobby/transportation/SAB "Overlooking back entrance (lakeside) courtyard please"

For rooms close to EPCOT walkway "Near EPCOT, please"

I believe the rooms that overlook the volleyball courtyard would be in the hallway in between the lobby/Marketplace and the EPCOT walkway exit, so that may be your best bet for a request.

"Overlooking volleyball courtyard, please"

Not sure of the room numbers for this area, or if there is another way to state these requests.
I loved our room in the volleyball courtyard, I'd add facing Boardwalk. Looking straight ahead off balcony we just had a view of the other side of BC rooms in the courtyard, but if we looked to the right we could see the lake and Boardwalk. And the higher Illuminations at night!

19 days to go!

And we really need it!
My DH is turning 40 tomorrow, hope he will enjoy a little bit the surprised i had plan for him.

I was really happy to read the threads this week, i was able to disconnect from the sad news...

Sorry for your loss, have a magical trip.

19 days to go!

And we really need it!

So sorry for your loss:hug:.

Thanks for all the nice messages.

This is also whyI love this board, everybody is so nice :-)

Trying to relax this week end with DH. Just the 2 of us in an amazing hotel (our son is with my parents)
Going to a well known mollecular restaurant tonight. Will be a first time for us... Will see....
It's called Denis Martin.
I'll let you know :-)

19 days to go!

And we really need it!

Sorry for your loss. What a hard hit :( Years back, our trip to disney was just two days after we laid my grandmother to rest. Disney is so special because the magic there can really help your troubles melt away. Our trip really helped with the recent grief, and hopefully it will with yours too.

Congrats on your trip :thumbsup2. :banana::banana:

I'm always surprised at what you all have to go thru to get permission to take your children out if school! Wow.
Here, it's the parents business if they want to take their children out of school for a family holiday, not the school boards. Not to sound naive, but they'd really arrest you for taking a family holiday?? sorry to sound stupid, but that doesn't happen here.

I'm baffled!! Are your kids at public or private schools? We've never had to fill out a form to pull our kids out!! Or maybe I should have been and I didn't know it :) My kids attend a private school and I don't think I have heard a parent talk about filling out forms to pull their kids out!!

You know I have one already, right???

Not sure if it works on phone apps, but here are the directions:

How do I...

Multi-quote more than one post?
There are 3 buttons on the bottom right corner of every post. The normal Quote button, the Multi Quote button ("+) and the Quick Reply button (scroll and quill). Click the middle Multi Quote button ("+) on all of the posts you want to quote. The buttons will backlight red when you select it. When you have selected all of the posts, go to the bottom of the page and click on the POST REPLY button. You will be taken to a Dialog box where all of the posts will be quoted, ready for your answers.

LOL, of course I didn't know that you already have one, but I should have known! I can't be expected to read through this entire over-achiever's thread when I can't even keep up with it on a daily basis! Sheesh!!!

If Nate is anything like his Mom I thank that teacher was full of stuffins saying he was "not working as hard."

Later gater.

Our DD16 on her first "pulling our kid out of school" trip at age 10 had one teacher giving us a little guilt. Well she had a solar power presentation due shortly when she got back so we took some photos of Ellen's Energy (and I think Spaceship Earth) and she included the concept of these rides in her report. We also got some solar power Disney bobble heads that she had as well. She got an A and showed how educational Disney can be!!!

Good for her!!! I also think Disney is very educational. I always have to throw something on the form, but I have yet to have a teacher actually ask her to do something while there.

LOL, of course I didn't know that you already have one, but I should have known! I can't be expected to read through this entire over-achiever's thread when I can't even keep up with it on a daily basis! Sheesh!!!

If Nate is anything like his Mom I thank that teacher was full of stuffins saying he was "not working as hard."

Later gater.

;)

Well, Nate isn't anything like his mom (Ben is though), so he actually hasn't been working hard since the 4th grade, maybe even before that, but the vacation has NOTHING to do with that!

In a while, crocodile!

Thanks to everyone for when shrimp is served at Cape May. We have an ADR for Saturday Night. I have convinced everyone that there will be enough to eat, fried shrimp or no fried shrimp

I am beginning to worry about it ME documents. We have not received them and we leave in 19 days. Should I start a small panic?

I am beginning to worry about it ME documents. We have not received them and we leave in 19 days. Should I start a small panic?

We received our packet at about the 29 day mark and I was starting to panic at that point. I would give them a call.

Jan

I wanted to thank everyone for the information they've contributed to this thread, and a huge thanks to Dee for the tough job of keeping up with it all. I could never do it. But it sure was a big help in my planning for our trip last month. I hope I've been able to help out a few other future YC/BC fans in return.

My family and I will be moving overseas this summer. Heading to The Hague in The Netherlands for three years, so it's pretty much going to be amazing. But I don't know when we'll next get back to WDW. I'm going to be cutting down on my time on a lot of the threads I've been following, but I won't be away from the DIS entirely - still got to plan our Med cruise on the Magic for 2014.

So I won't be following this thread from day to day, but I'm certainly still reachable by PM if you have any questions about my recent posts.

Take care and have great trips, everyone. I'm sure we'll be back before too long.

You will be missed on here!! Much success for you and your family!! The enjoy the tulips and windmills :) I live in Holland, MI and we are gearing up for Tulip Time in two weeks and if the weather doesn't start cooperating, we won't have any tulips (again, last year the tulips had come and gone before the festival. This year, the weather has been too cold)!!

Does Tinkerbell fly over when holiday wishes is showing? I too have been multiple trips and have never seen Wishes. We will be there for MVMCP this trip but will stay a different night to see regular Wishes if its worth it to see both. Anyone have any suggestions?

I think Tinkerbell does fly over. We have been twice and from what i remember, I think she does. I'm planning on doing both Wishes, the regular before they switch and then the Holiday Wishes.

Got home 15 minutes ago AND I'M ALL CLEAR FOR ANOTHER SIX MONTHS!!! Thanks so much for all the good wishes and prayers!

Phew! Now I can concentrate on the Disney Fantasy. Hurry up Saturday AM!!!

That's awesome TeenaS!!! Hope you are having a wonderful time out to sea!!! I'm celebrating a good friend of mine tonight for being 10 years cancer free!!

Taking this one step further, IF she does fly over during the dessert party.... Do you think it would be alright to throw her a brownie or something in case she is famished from all those meet and greets?

If not a brownie then perhaps something with sprinkles.... She seems like she is the sprinkly type.

~NM

Always good for a laugh NinjaMom!!!

A question for all, is it weird if I want to print off the various menus of the places we are thinking of doing for ADR's? Do people do that kind of thing or am I just way over the top with that one?

ocalla said:
I would call and see if another set can be mailed out!!

Thanks, I just called and she said it should be around 14 days but gave me the number for ME direct and said to call if I do not have by beginning of next week and they will overnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter