• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2012 Epcot Food and Wine Festival *HAS ENDED*

Thanks so much for the info!! Sounds great! :)

We went this past Saturday. The food very enjoyable! Started with tuna carpaccio and fennel salad. Then Matagliati (basically fresh pasta scraps) with a lamb ragu. Then Filet with Mascarpone polenta and mushrooms. Followed by a Gorgonzola cheese course and finished with with a dessert trio of tiramisu, cannoli, and torte. Four wines were paired with the meal. Same wine with filet and cheese. You can ask for refills! Service was good though a little slow on the refills though focaccia replenishment was frequent!! As was the water!! I think they were maybe a little underprepared in that the wine guy (Wayne) only described the first wine, which was very disappointing. He did come around to each tube but it would have enhanced the experience if he would have explained each wine and food pairing. But we'd do it again!!

Just returned home:sad1:,but already thinking of next year :). Will write a more indepth review later, but just wanted to confirm what others said about PFTS. We were there on the 6th, with reserved seating. We didn't get a phone call to confirm. People were allowed to enter the venue early because of the rain (this happened to us last year as well), but general admission were allowed in @ 7:30. Our table for two had our name on it, and was right in front of the stage-we loved the location! Thought food in previous years was better, but we still thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.
Visited all the booths, some numerous times ;). Did a mixology, which was good, and tequila luncheon, which was great :).
Chase lounge and perks were much appreciated-great view of Illuminations, reserved seat for concert, and nice place for a break during the day.

Is there anyplace outside of Epcot to purchase the small festival themed gift card that can be worn on the wrist?

Thanks.

Just returned home:sad1:,but already thinking of next year :). Will write a more indepth review later, but just wanted to confirm what others said about PFTS. We were there on the 6th, with reserved seating. We didn't get a phone call to confirm. People were allowed to enter the venue early because of the rain (this happened to us last year as well), but general admission were allowed in @ 7:30. Our table for two had our name on it, and was right in front of the stage-we loved the location! Thought food in previous years was better, but we still thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.
Visited all the booths, some numerous times ;). Did a mixology, which was good, and tequila luncheon, which was great :).
Chase lounge and perks were much appreciated-great view of Illuminations, reserved seat for concert, and nice place for a break during the day.

We must have been sitting next to each other practically! Our table was in the second row of tables, right in front of the stage. We too had a great time. We did the Italian Regional lunch, a champagne seminar, a mixology seminar, two food ones and lots of booth visits :) We enjoyed the food too, but agreed with a previous poster that there was too much duck and pork. We managed to be completely stuffed by the end of the night though ;)

Was the Illuminations viewing location somewhere special? Was this part of the Chase "perks"?

I have a disney visa credit card. What time would you suggest getting to the chase lounge to get the reserved seating for illumination and concert?

You don't need a Disney visa to access the Chase Lounge. Any Chase card is accepted. The Chase card will get access for the cardholder and up to 9 (yes, 9) guests.

They give out wristbands for the Illuminations viewing and Eat to the Beat concerts. I only have info about weekends. On weekends the wristbands are generally gone before noon. If you want those it is suggested you get there as soon as you can.

The lounge is small. There may be a line to get in.

You don't need a Disney visa to access the Chase Lounge. Any Chase card is accepted. The Chase card will get access for the cardholder and up to 9 (yes, 9) guests.

They give out wristbands for the Illuminations viewing and Eat to the Beat concerts. I only have info about weekends. On weekends the wristbands are generally gone before noon. If you want those it is suggested you get there as soon as you can.

What time does the lounge open?

I'm not sure what time the lounge opens. The Festival Center opens at 9 with the rest of Future World.

It is odd that as many times has I have gone to these events, and as long as I have had my Chase cards, that I am still learning new things.

HUGE thanks
28 days to the best time ever!
Judy

Vising area is between the two gift shops at the entrance to world showcase. They start letting people with wristbands in1/2 hour before the start of Illuminations. The lounge opened when thefestival center opened at 9. It is small, but still a nice spot to take a break. Wristbands for the 6:45 concert seemed to go first.

I did not see anyone try to take a wheelchair in there. I would imagine they must allow access for wheelchairs. But it is not a large room, there is furniture in there, and it would not be easy to maneuver a scooter.

Editing this because I now think the previous poster was asking about wheelchairs in the Illuminations viewing area - not in the lounge - I don't know about the viewing area, haven't been there.)

Today (Wednesday) I went by around 11 and got my wristbands. LOTS of them left. Just out of curiosity I went back at 1 and there were still wristbands left. Not as many, but some.

The 6:45 concert bands were down to just a VERY few at 1.

I'm thinking of getting one for the 8 PM concert on Friday. But I won't be in the park until around noon, probably.

Does this bother anyone else? Frankly, I think that Disney Visa cardholders should get some kind of special treatment. Not necessarily a lot, but I just don't think that all Chase cardholders should be treated equally. It seems that Disney Visa cardholders have shown a little more loyalty, and we are at Disney.

Chase is sponsoring the festival. And likely paying for the lounge (I doubt Disney is paying for it); in that case I don't find it unusual that it isn't restricted to Disney Visa holders.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter