2012 Epcot Food and Wine Festival *HAS ENDED*

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by TDC Nala, May 22, 2012.

1. kelleigh1

kelleigh1 <font color=purple>Disney Baby<br><font color=gree

Ugh - please no! We want to go back next year, but not during F&W. And we also have to go before Thanksgiving because of hubby's job, so that seriously limits our options if they extend F&W.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Empress Room

Empress Room Mouseketeer

Seriously? You would cancel a trip to WDW simply because the F&W Festival is at Epcot? Besides the fact that there are three other parks without the food and wine festival, even if you disliked F&W that much, I cannot imagine canceling a trip to the resort over it. You could simply a) visit Future World or b) avoid the food booths and kiosks or c) experience the many other attractions and rides in the other theme parks, water parks and Downtown Disney . If you are concerned about crowds, the crowds generated by F&W do not seriously affect your ability to enjoy the attractions and rides at Epcot, at least in my experience. Most of we F&W fans are too busy eating and drinking to be going on the rides!

4. kelleigh1

kelleigh1 <font color=purple>Disney Baby<br><font color=gree

I didn't say anything about "canceling" because of F&W. But we are trying to schedule around it so we can avoid it, IF we do decide to take a trip in 2013. And it's hard to cancel something that isn't even booked yet.

5. LisaS

LisaS DIS Veteran

I would add to this that it can be easier to get ADRs at the Epcot restaurants during F&W because many guests are opting to eat at the booths. It can make it a bit easier to get into some places if, like me, you don't book your ADRs until a few months out.

6. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

I am hoping they don't extend a full week too as I'm interested in catching Big Bad Voodoo Daddy if they close the festival again, and if that's not going to be the holiday weekend (Veterans Day) maybe I will do something else with it. I may have to go on the holiday weekend so I may just book it anyway. But I would hate to miss them by a week because the closing of the festival was extended that far.

7. TDC Nala

I think the time has come to unstick and let the thread go for another year...

8. PixieRDJames

PixieRDJames Earning My Ears

I was there this year and just the one day extension impeded the xmas decorating at Epcot. I wasn't impressed with the quality of food or the number of drunks - security was out in much larger numbers than I've ever seen it in the past (I've been attending F & W since '97). It was stunning the number of drunk parents pushing strollers - it's supposed to be for foodies enjoying and experiencing different cuisines. It's turning into Ceder Point at spring break - not impressed.

9. TDC Nala

Since the thread is back, the announced dates for 2013 are September 27 through November 10. The 11th has not been mentioned as a festival date although it is a holiday.

Crowds were way up last year, even on weekdays. and if they get that tap to pay technology we won't need wristbanded gift cards.

10. oybolshoi

oybolshoi <marquee><font color=green>You say vacation addict

I've never been impressed with cedar point, either. :lmao:

11. BriarRosie

BriarRosie <font color=blue>Creator of Tag Fairy Haiku:<br>Cl

Ooh, I'd like the tap to pay Magic + wristbands if they are more comfortable than the festival gift card wristbands.