2012 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Part 3- Don't Post Here!!! New Thread, November 2012

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by natebenma, Aug 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

Great view!!! Would it be a reasonable request to ask for "a view of IllumiNations"???

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

:welcome:

Let us know where you decide to stay!

:cool1:

Of course!!! We know a large piece of your heart is at the BC/YC. :goodvibes

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for August.

:woohoo:

4. 333disneymom

333disneymom DIS Veteran

Yes. We love pictures!

The Disney art class is at Hollywood Studios and is free to everyone. Here is a good link to check it out. My family loves it!

http://www.disunplugged.com/2010/01/27/animation-academy-at-disneys-hollywood-studios/

5. jmamom

jmamom Mouseketeer

I'm no expert, but it seemed to me that just about any water/boardwalk view at the YC would give you a view of them, just the way the building is situated toward Epcot. But I'm sure it couldn't hurt! :goodvibes

6. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

That's what it looks like to me from the map too! :goodvibes

7. pixarmom

pixarmom DIS Veteran

Yes! Love the photos! Please keep posting everyone!!

Yay!!! BC will always be my favorite with Poly second, and we've stayed at all the deluxe resorts except for GF (trying to fit that one in before the APs expire.) One of my favorite things about the BWI boardwalk view is the view of BC/YC! :) Our boys love BC, but they also love Poly and CR. So the MK area/Epcot area split stay will be our solution for a while. It's VERY unusual for us not to have BC/YC as part of a split stay. But my husband is great to keep returning to WDW, so we all wanted for him to unilaterally choose the Epcot half of the stay in January. He likes CL, and really loves CL at BWI, so that's the plan. For a moment last month, I was about to start lobbying him for BC instead, but then I decided not to push my luck! :)

8. Roma

Roma Mouseketeer

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who takes the time to answer all these questions about the BC/YC! My husband and I will be there for the first time this weekend and I have learned so much because of this thread. Thanks to all! :thanks:

9. Yookeroo

Yookeroo Mouseketeer

I see that the rooms have iPod docking stations. Are these only for charging or is there a speaker? And if there's a speaker, how's the quality?

10. vicki_c

vicki_c DIS Veteran

Where they have them, they are the equivalent of a clock radio. They are/were iHome units. Depending on your iPod/phone, charging may or may not work in my experience. However, in some of the DVC resorts they have been removing these from the rooms and going back to regular clock radios due to breakage and theft.

11. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

I'll be in wdw arriving 1/23. Planning on a Teena visit 1/27. We'll be staying at FQ for Jan visit. So I'll be lurking around BC/YC too :goodvibes. Maybe we will run into each other.

12. Clarabel

Clarabel Earning My Ears

We don't have a fireworks view at all and we're water view. We're above the lobby directly in front of the lighthouse. The building dips in here so the wing to the left blocks any view. I would imagine that requesting 'an illuminations view' is reasonable enough if this is what is important to you. I'm sure it would be easy enough to fulfill as plenty of rooms would appear to fit the bill! :)

13. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

You're on the YC side, correct? :goodvibes

14. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

Great pics. What view was that? Garden? Or standard?

15. Katesdad

Katesdad DIS Veteran

I can see it now, you two will be organizing a "lurker's" DIS meet at the BC on the 27th. :rotfl:

16. Nancyg56

Nancyg56 DIS Veteran

My family will be arriving on Thanksgiving Day and will be staying CL for this trip. DD and I want to get a little something for the CM's and saw these awesome Holiday ornament things at a local store. They are group ornaments and can have them personalized. I spoke to a gal in IPO and she gave me names (only first, that was all I asked for) but I am afraid I will not include everyone.

She said there is the IPO folks, the CM's who work in the lounge and then the Concierge who sometimes are there. If anyone knows these folks would you mind PM'ing me the names? I know we cannot tip but we want to at least bring a little gift and these ornaments looked so awesome but not to "Holiday" specific so I don't think they would be offensive. More like Winter in CT, where we are fro.

Thanks in advance for your help!

17. higgy66

higgy66 <font color=deeppink>I have to force myself to go

Hi - Just thought I would nip on and give a review of our stay at the BC as I found this thread really useful before I went

We spent 2 weeks at the BC from 19/10/12 and I have to say it was FANTASTIC! :cool1:

The location is second to none as we had a 5 mins walk from our room to the international gateway @ Epcot and then a 20 minute stroll to Hollywood. The boardwalk was opposite so we could nip to the Boardwalk bakery if we didn't fancy what was on offer in the BC market place!

The room was lovely and clean and a perfect location as just outside our room was a door which took us to the quiet pool which all the time we were there there was never more than 4 kids in the pool of which 2 were ours! The hot tubs were great and I spent many relaxing late afternoons in here!

This pool was also next to the Laundry room so we could pop the laundry in and relax by the pool - perfect!

The Disney transport was excellent - the longest we waited was 10 mins and that was when we had just missed a bus to our chosen park so had to wait for the next one. I would say the longest journey was the return from Downtown as this stops at all the Epcot resort busses but it was no big deal.

We return to Disney for 2 weeks the same time next year and have booked to stay at Old Key West. We're coming in a group of 12 but if it was just our family we would be changing our booking so we could go back to the beach club - ah well there's always 2014!!

18. Clarabel

Clarabel Earning My Ears

Yes we're at YC right now :cheer2:

19. floridagirl61

floridagirl61 Mouseketeer

higgy66

We spent 2 weeks at the BC from 19/10/12 and I have to say it was FANTASTIC! :cool1:

Glad you had a great trip. We are looking forward to our upcoming trip to BC!

20. kelleigh1

kelleigh1 <font color=purple>Disney Baby<br><font color=gree

That was garden view.

And here's another picture of YC. We were either on the boat or on the dock when I took this one.
    [​IMG]

21. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

:thumbsup2 love the name, Lurkers Meet :rotfl:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.