2012 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Part 3- Don't Post Here!!! New Thread, November 2012

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by natebenma, Aug 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

Great pic, looking at your pics is getting me excited for August.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. kelleigh1

kelleigh1 <font color=purple>Disney Baby<br><font color=gree

Thanks! I'm working on uploading them all to Shutterfly.

Here's a good one!

[​IMG]

4. ocalla

ocalla DIS Veteran

Is there anything going on at BC during May 30 - June 8th (give or take a day)? I have always had no problem getting a standard room.......next year we wanted a GV room.......but neither are available?? :confused3

5. CastleLight

CastleLight DIS Veteran

Does anyone know if they enforce the age requirement for the Pirate Cruise? My son will be three weeks shy of 4 during our trip and I know he would enjoy it.

6. YCFAN

YCFAN <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

We've had these rooms on CL MANY, MANY times. If you get one of the rooms to the right of middle way you can actually see the high fireworks from Illuminations at night!

7. franc

franc Mouseketeer

I've just been reading another thread about the pool parties for kids and the volume of the music. This has got me worried now, is this ever a problem at Stormalong Bay? As a mother of two I expect noise, screeching, music and kids generally having fun, but I was hoping that it would still be a relaxing place to be.

8. vicki_c

vicki_c DIS Veteran

There are pool games with music in the afternoons. It's actually a lot of fun for the kids. I do not attempt to relax at Disney pools like I might on some kind of adult beach vacation. There is always the leisure pool if the games are bothering you.

9. TinkerbellLuvr7

TinkerbellLuvr7 Tinkerbellluvr7

Checking into a YC Garden View room in 20 days and can't wait!! I hope the weather is warm so we can take advantage of SAB!!!

Is there a map of where the garden view rooms might be located at YC? I requested a room close to the lobby.

I stayed at BC in the summer and had a room facing Jellyrolls/ADH and it was a "garden view" room. I was just curious if that would be a normal garden view room as there was a small garden below but looking out at the water and BW, I was not focused on the garden below and loved the location!

10. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

:thumbsup2

11. Clarabel

Clarabel Earning My Ears

We spent a lovely quiet relaxing time at the quiet pool this morning. Plus I got 5 loads of laundry clean dry and folded! Happy days!:laundy:

12. btk2333

btk2333 BCV DVC owner

Our wait list came through!

Will be at BCV Dec 15-18 (followed by 3 days at BLT) for DW's birthday and our 3rd anniversary!

13. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

Congrats :cool1:

14. RobinHoodGirl

RobinHoodGirl Which way to Sherwood Forest?

Today is the day!

Sitting at the airport waiting for our flight. Can't believe it's finally here!!

15. nanhol

nanhol Always counting down to the next trip!

Have fun!! How exciting!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

16. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

Oh my!!! You must be so excited!!! Safe travels and have a fantastic trip!!!! :cool1:

17. Katesdad

Katesdad DIS Veteran

There is no real current map. Check out page one of this thread for the links that are there of maps. They are old and really don't have the latest and greatest but they do in a pinch. If you can't find them on page one, here are a couple that might help. The first is a satellite view of the area. The second is from the DISZone but it is not accurate with respect to the type of room as it was done years ago before Disney came back and reclassified all the rooms as either standard view (parking lot or roof), garden view (not standard or water), and water view (pool or lake).

http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=nq...ty=b&ss=ypid.YN184x401291151~pg.1&form=LMLTCC

http://www.disneyzone.net/ycresort.htm

If it were me and I wanted a room "close to the lobby" and I had a garden view, I'd ask for a gazebo view. Either put that in your request or do not check in on-line and when you get there ask at the desk where your room is. If you can finagle a gazebo view you can't go wrong.

Have a great trip. That week you are going to be there is the best time to be at the World, especially with all the decorations. Love the train display in the lobby.

18. franc

franc Mouseketeer

Thanks for the reply. Hopefully the kids games won't bother us, I'm more likely to be bothered by loud music. We'll just time our visits to SAB accordingly if need be.:)

Now this would normally be me on holiday, but after the Beach Club we are booked into a condo with laundry facilities, so I'm determined to have a laundry free week at Disney.:)

19. kelleigh1

kelleigh1 <font color=purple>Disney Baby<br><font color=gree

Have a great time!

20. Ninja Mom

Ninja Mom Atention People of Earth, I come in Peace

Oh, but those laundry machines are so cute, just sitting there by the quiet pool whispering "use me, USE me, you won't have such a big pile back at the condo...."

I don't know what it is with us and vacation laundry. As long as there is a a machine within reach we feel compelled to start doing it. I'm thinking it is the thrill of being able to do ALL of the laundry at once, using multiple machines. Yes, THIS is what it must be.... but then you get down to the laundry room, dragging 100 pounds of dirty stinkin laundry with you and there is always only one machine open anyway. Someone else had the same "do ALL the laundry at once" fantasy and beat you to the open machines.

Usually the one that does the laundry on vacation gets to have the fancy drink while doing it. I'm talking full on, little paper umbrella and chunks of fruit fancy drink! Pretty soon you have spent $17.50 on the laundry and $14.95 on the fancy drink, or umm, two, because those dryers take so long! ;)

Franc, I'm wondering if you will be able to resist the siren call to do laundry at a Disney resort hotel. I also think that if laundry mats back home had a liquor license they would really clean up, so to speak, with all the extra money rolling in (and the customers rolling out!).

~NM

21. ksoehrlein

ksoehrlein Once (and Future?) CM

I think my family needs to institute this policy! Love it. :thumbsup2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.