1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

2012 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Part 3- Don't Post Here!!! New Thread, November 2012

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by natebenma, Aug 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

How busy is the Sandcastle Club usually? We plan on using it on 4/24/13 and I haven't had a chance to call and reserve a spot.

Our kids used the Cub's Den in July and we had reserved a spot ahead of time and it probably wasn't neccessary because they were the only kids there that night!!! :rotfl:

I will probably call to reserve this weekend if I get a chance but is it neccessary if I forget??? :confused3

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. DannysMom

DannysMom DIS Veteran

You should reserve ahead of time if you know that you want to use one of the kids clubs on a particular date. This will give the club a chance to staff appropriately. As in any childcare situation, they must maintain certain child to care provider ratios. If they only anticipate a handful of kids, they may not fully staff, and if they get a lot of drop in, they may need to turn kids away (if a spot a spot is not reserved.)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos.

4. franc

franc Mouseketeer

Shhhhhh, don't talk me into doing laundry at Disney!!!!

It's so sad but it's a real novelty for me doing laundry in the US because of the top loaders, we only have front loaders here in the UK (though I do remember my nan having a top loader in the 1970's).

I think I should print out your tip about the fancy drink and leave it around the house for the family to see;). They wait on me hand and foot whilst I wash their skinky undies.

5. monica23535

monica23535 DIS Veteran

Glad you enjoyed it, we were there from the UK from 18th October so I bet our paths crossed. We had a room that overlooked the quiet pool which was an excellent location.

6. Nancyg56

Nancyg56 DIS Veteran

Monica- I just had to stop by to tell you that that little Cutie in your signature made my heart sing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Biggest brightest smile ever!:goodvibes

7. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

Just called and made my reservation! Thanks! :thumbsup2

8. chefmb

chefmb DIS Veteran

We will be at the BC in 3 weeks. Teena, you've probably answered for someone else, but do expect to work Dec. 2-3, or will you be on your cruise? I know I've missed many pages of this thread-sorry if you've posted this info already!

9. luvmarypoppins

luvmarypoppins <font color=darkorchid>I am debating whether to pu

Hurricanes, no electricity, now snow, gas rationing, and cancer.

18 days till Disney. Can't wait and boy do I need a vacation!

Oh, I will be the one trying for this years celeb sighting again really late at night:)

Teena, I dont know if we will get to see you this time. We leave pretty early on Dec. 2nd.

10. TeenaS

TeenaS DIS Veteran

I return from my cruise on the 1st (Saturday) so I'll definitely be working on the 2nd (Sunday). As of today, they have me working Saturdays and Sundays but I'm not sure if that is going to be permanent or I'll be going back to Sundays and Mondays.

11. TeenaS

TeenaS DIS Veteran

I start at 9:30 AM. Hope I'm not going to miss you!

12. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

Great idea!!! Getting loaded while doing the loads!

13. Steph H

Steph H That Loud Redhead

Hooray!! I've made it through the entire thread!! I have been quietly reading for weeks, trying to keep up. You guys keep me sane! ;) Among a host of other things this past month, my coworker dropped the bomb 2 weeks ago that she had found a new job. Since she and I are (were) the only 2 people in our department, that just leaves me. :scared1: The first thing I said to my boss after it was announced was, "And by the way, in case you've forgotten, I have a trip to Disney planned the first week of December, and I AM going!!" ;)

Anyhooo...thank you to everyone who keeps this thread so up to date and informative, and especially Dee for all you do. Happy belated birthday!! :) Many hugs to Ninja Mom. {{hugs}} And to those who are there...yay! To those who will be there soon...I can't wait to join you!! Just 3 weeks and 2 days!!! :cool1:

My SIL (also my travel agent) informed me that my Mickey Mail will be arriving soon...woohoo!!!

How do you make even laundry at Disney sound enjoyable?!? :rotfl2:

Thanks again, everyone!!

14. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

Yes! Those umbrella drinks would be very nice while soaking in the hot tub waiting for my wash to finish!!! Laundry? :laundy: what laundry?

15. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

That is totally NOT our intent!!!

Thanks for the shoutout and birthday wishes. Sounds like you are extra-ready for a Disney getaway! I hope it is especially magical!

16. suemom2kay

suemom2kay DIS Veteran

Congratulations!!! Your the first DisChick to read the WHOLE THREAD!!!
    :cheer2::cheer2:

You've won a FREE NIGHT at the Beacch Club courtesy of Dee (natebenma). She just loves it when people read this thread and she's RICH!!!! Filthy RICH!!!

Just kidding of course!!!! It's the BEST thread on the Dis isn't it???

17. JanetMom

JanetMom DIS Veteran

:lmao:

18. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

Hey everyone!

Thank you to everyone posting reviews and pictures of your recent trips. Love 'em!

To everyone visiting soon- hope you all have super, magical vacations!

To our new friends... :welcome:

BUMP!

I don't know the requirements of the cruise. Hope somebody can help!

I don't believe I have you on the Be Our Guest list- let me know if you would like to be added.

:cool1:

I don't see you listed either! End of November?

:banana::banana::banana:

:woohoo:

I'll add you to the list. Congratulations on your celebrations!

19. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

What has Flat Ben been up to? Well, he had One Enchanted Evening at Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween party

[​IMG]

Flat Ben's friends were going as characters from Enchanted (Rapunzel and Mother Gothel) so we thought transforming Flat Ben into Flat Flynn was in order.

Flat Flynn even met Real Flynn, who was very sorry that Ben did not get to visit Walt Disney World this year.

:sad1:

[​IMG]

To join the party and see more pictures from Flat Ben's adventures, click on the link in my signature.

20. Ninja Mom

Ninja Mom Atention People of Earth, I come in Peace

Hugs right back to Steph H:grouphug:

Yep, rich alright.... :lmao: For every time Dee is helpful on the Dis the Mods and Webmasters put a nickle in her bank account and an angel gets her wings. Heaven just had to increase it's Air Traffic Control capabilities thanks to all the good deeds Dee does!

~NM

21. luvmarypoppins

luvmarypoppins <font color=darkorchid>I am debating whether to pu

Sadly, we will miss you. Our flight is at 10 am so I am guessing the car town will be picking us up by 8:30 am etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.