2012/2013 Beach and Yacht FAQ- Closing Soon- New Thread Started- Don't Post Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you add me too!? We are celebrating 10 Years of marriage and renewing our vows! Staying at BCV!! April 11 at AOA and then 12-19 at BCV :cheer2:

Anyone know if I should put in a special room/floor request

When I did my online check-in a couple weeks ago, I think the standard options were (choose two out of the four):
  • Near Elevator
  • Lower Floor
  • Woods View
  • Larger Balcony

I had previously sent an e-mail to Member Services with a separate room request, and so with online check-in I left the choices blank in the hopes that they would not override my e-mail request. It's my first time doing online check-in... we'll see what happens.

It's my first time at BCV, so I don't have experience making these requests. But I'll let you know what I was looking for... My first choice was a high-floor woods view facing Epcot (hoping for a view of Illuminations over the trees). Second choice was to be close to the main Beach Club building and lobby (wanted quicker access to SAB and the Marketplace).

Good luck!

I knew about the secret door at BC, but please tell me where the secret door is at YC! :)

Hi Lori! Dee posted my YC secret entrance photos from last year, and I recently posted a photo walk from the YC lobby to the secret entrance, in case it's helpful:

So let's start at the YC lobby, looking out towards the lighthouse.

DSCN0116_zps827403e4.jpg

Walk straight towards the lighthouse:

DSCN0118_zpsf104238b.jpg

Then turn right:

DSCN0119_zps7f7c4124.jpg

The YC secret entrance is straight ahead:

DSCN0120_zpsae084d52.jpg

When you reach it, the marina is on your left:

DSCN0122_zps74cb5fec.jpg

And the gazebo is on your right:

DSCN0121_zpsaae7e96b.jpg

I'm pretty sure that it is not required to enter credit card info on online check-in. I used it twice for my upcoming trip (split stay) and I didn't enter it either time. It looks like you have to enter it, but you can click continue without giving the information.

I checked in online last month without providing credit card info.

Thanks! That makes sense. Are there only one set of elevators in YC?

Not sure - I know there are two sets at BC, but I don't know about YC.

pixarmom (or anybody else who has recent experience with this), were people with RFID tickets getting into the parks much quicker than you? I have a 6-day park hopper that I'm planning to upgrade to an AP. i was going to upgrade it on our first day, but I'm wondering if I should just have them put the ticket on my room key so that I'll be able to use the RFID scanners and wait until the end of the trip to upgrade. Based on your experience, what do you think?

So hard to believe that I have less than 3 weeks! Time to start pulling the warm weather clothes out of storage!!!

We didn't think the lines were long for the non-RFID crowd at all. We stepped right through the turnstiles at MK. We only went to AK on an EMH morning. For DHS, we did one EMH and the the other morning they had so many turnstiles open for the regular tickets that the regular lines were actually shorter than the RFID lines that day. And there were never any lines at the International Gateway during this trip. After our AK morning (second full day of the trip,) we noticed the scanner CMs behind the RFID posts, but chose to stick with the regular turnstiles.

Hi Lori! Dee posted my YC secret entrance photos from last year, and I recently posted a photo walk from the YC lobby to the secret entrance, in case it's helpful:

FYI- I do have the link to this series of photos accompanying the 3 photos from last year on page 1, I just can't fit them all on the YC Room Page.

Dang 25 photo limit!!!

Pixarmom - we stayed right near the secret YC entrance both times we stayed at YC. We were on the first floor and loved it! No traipsing through the lobby in wet bathing suits (even though I always wear a cover up!). The best part was that we were right across from the small laundry room on the 1st floor. I could just throw a load in and listen for it to be done!

When I did my online check-in a couple weeks ago, I think the standard options were (choose two out of the four):
  • Near Elevator
  • Lower Floor
  • Woods View
  • Larger Balcony

I had previously sent an e-mail to Member Services with a separate room request, and so with online check-in I left the choices blank in the hopes that they would not override my e-mail request. It's my first time doing online check-in... we'll see what happens.

It's my first time at BCV, so I don't have experience making these requests. But I'll let you know what I was looking for... My first choice was a high-floor woods view facing Epcot (hoping for a view of Illuminations over the trees). Second choice was to be close to the main Beach Club building and lobby (wanted quicker access to SAB and the Marketplace).

Good luck!

I am wondering if these are the most popular requests, I would want a high floor so if this is so I wonder if I have a better chance of getting it.

I am wondering if these are the most popular requests, I would want a high floor so if this is so I wonder if I have a better chance of getting it.

Don't really have the answer for you... Are you going to be staying at the villas or at one of the resorts?

I just wanted to tell you that "your" song (well, David Bowie's) came on the radio the other day and I thought of you!

:goodvibes

Don't really have the answer for you... Are you going to be staying at the villas or at one of the resorts?

I just wanted to tell you that "your" song (well, David Bowie's) came on the radio the other day and I thought of you!

:goodvibes

Hoping for the resort, still can't confirm dates due to DH's work, he's hoping to move jobs but it will be the end of July.

Nice to hear you thought of me :rotfl:, Bowie is so cool :cool1:

Hi guys... Does anyone know if the rooms with full-size balconies are more likely to have daybeds vs needing the rollaway? Thx!!:goodvibes

pixarmom (or anybody else who has recent experience with this), were people with RFID tickets getting into the parks much quicker than you? I have a 6-day park hopper that I'm planning to upgrade to an AP. i was going to upgrade it on our first day, but I'm wondering if I should just have them put the ticket on my room key so that I'll be able to use the RFID scanners and wait until the end of the trip to upgrade. Based on your experience, what do you think?

So hard to believe that I have less than 3 weeks! Time to start pulling the warm weather clothes out of storage!!!

We just got back a week ago, and have APs. I did notice the RFiD lines were shorter, except on EMH mornings, then they were longer ;)

Here's a sneaky tip, there are always a bunch of CMs with scanners for non-RFID tickets standing at the RFID turnstiles. Walk up, ask them to scan your ticket and they will!

We did find having fewer normal turnstiles made for longer lines.

Good tip, but prob for our August trip things will have changed again. Although I'm going to try that anyway just to see. I doubt they'll have APs on the RFID bracelets by Aug, although I heard eventually they will be able to.

I love walking around the resort outside when its dark. It's so magical. And sitting in the rocking chairs on the back porch at night. Wonderful!

I have never sat on the porch rocking chairs! I'm loving this idea at night! It sounds peaceful.

Well I caved to the peer pressure and changed our standard room to a club level room ;) and dropped the dining plan. Really looking forward to not feeling forced to spend tons of time at sit down restaurants!! Only about 50 days.:banana:

Is Hurricane Hannahs open yet? What about the health club. We were at the BC in October and they were closed. We are staying at the Yacht Club in May, and I am just wondering if construction is finished yet.

:goodvibes Thanks for sharing, I'm glad to hear you liked the Garden Grille. What was your fav thing in the family style meal? Did you get to see a lot of the Land? I think this is on my imaginary list for the next trip along with BOG.

I liked everything. The salad was really fresh with a good creamy dressing, served with warm rolls- i think with honey butter. The meat was turkey, beef tenderloin and a fish (I think I remember it was talapia). The mashed potatoes tasted like home made. I don't recall the other side dishes. The desert was a blueberry cobbler or something like a cobbler. My kids like the adult stuff so they had no problem bringing more adult food for them instead of the kids meal. This was on our last trip in 2011. It is on our ressie list for our June trip this year.

The rotation let you see parts of the land. The rotation was very subtle but fun for the kids.

Is Hurricane Hannahs open yet? What about the health club. We were at the BC in October and they were closed. We are staying at the Yacht Club in May, and I am just wondering if construction is finished yet.

Yes! I didn't take any health club photos, but here's the new Hurricane Hanna's!

Wow - great improvements over at Hurricane Hanna's! I do hope they find more permanent fencing to separate the pool from the seating area - doesn't look quite right. But the setup is great - the bar is much improved and includes seating, everything looks updated and clean and the refill mug station is in its own alcove with the condiments - not in between the bar and the counter service area. Love it!

8430b74a-856e-40fb-8750-3cc36937b9ba_zpsc988175f.jpg

DSCN9856_zpsa3358d18.jpg

DSCN9855_zps56458def.jpg

DSCN0143_zps03a8d07c.jpg

DSCN9870_zps9a8bc1a1.jpg

DSCN9869_zps8628e200.jpg

DSCN9868_zpsb672d6ff.jpg

DSCN9859_zpsa92a2a3e.jpg

DSCN9858_zps86242ad7.jpg

DSCN9857_zpsa6d7f94a.jpg

DSCN9853_zps933e1f53.jpg

DSCN9852_zps9f530875.jpg

FYI- I do have the link to this series of photos accompanying the 3 photos from last year on page 1, I just can't fit them all on the YC Room Page.

Dang 25 photo limit!!!

Super speedy, Dee!

Pixarmom - we stayed right near the secret YC entrance both times we stayed at YC. We were on the first floor and loved it! No traipsing through the lobby in wet bathing suits (even though I always wear a cover up!). The best part was that we were right across from the small laundry room on the 1st floor. I could just throw a load in and listen for it to be done!

I love proximity to laundry! Why is that not a bookable category? Water view, standard view, close to laundry. :)

mommakacie said:
Well I caved to the peer pressure and changed our standard room to a club level room ;) and dropped the dining plan. Really looking forward to not feeling forced to spend tons of time at sit down restaurants!! Only about 50 days.:banana:

A question then??!! Do most people opt not to do the dining plan when staying club level?

Good going!
Here is a complimentary Bacon Wrapped Scallop to celebrate your new choice!

15_minute_cajun_bacon_wrapped_scallops.jpg

~NM

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter