1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

2012/2013 Beach and Yacht FAQ- Closing Soon- New Thread Started- Don't Post Here

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by natebenma, Nov 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 333disneymom

333disneymom DIS Veteran

Garden Grill is a meal we book every trip. Of the character meals, and we have been to most, it seems to have the best interaction with characters. I like that you can get pictures of your children and characters without other guests in the background. The food is pretty good. I could probably make a meal of just the salad. It's always fresh and tasty. It depends on your own family's habits how long it takes, but the food comes out rather quick. I'd say we average a little over an hour.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. DannysMom

DannysMom DIS Veteran

If MK is still open when you are ready to return, your best bet is to walk back to MK & get the Yacht Club bus from there. Otherwise a cab is very easy,just ask bell services at CR to call one for you.

ETA: you could also use DTD as a transfer spot, but that tends to be pretty slow.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos or autocorrects!

4. disneymagicgirl

disneymagicgirl Been there, Done that, Going back!

This thread moves so fast I can't keep up! Great info though!:thumbsup2

How long should I plan for it to take to get to YC once we land at MCO? We are taking DME and landing around 4:45. Was just planning to get counter service and wander the resort/pool that evening. Is that my best plan? Then I was considering going over to Epcot for a bit, but was thinking it might be a waste of a days' tickets.

One more question-
    I can't get BC GV or LV for all our stay so I booked 3 nights GV YC then 6 nights BC GV. Now there is availability to do YC GV on arrival night only and switch to BC LV the remainder of the stay (8 nights) for about $500 than my current package. I really don't care about the view so much but I do care about ease of changing rooms. Would there be a benefit to changing resorts/rooms the morning after our arrival night vs on the 4th night? I will spend the extra money if it will save me some hassle.

5. rea59

rea59 Mouseketeer

Thanks DannysMom! I didn't realize I could walk from Contemporary to MK.

6. Angeejoe

Angeejoe DIS Veteran

I'd say the only benefit of transferring on 2nd day is that you probably haven't unpacked everything so it would be quicker & faster to move rooms. On our 2011 BC trip we drove & arrived a day sooner & at almost midnight, front desk gave us a great rate so we stayed there in a great room, but did not have full balcony. So in am front desk gave us option of keeping room or going with our original reserved room with full balcony, so we switched. The other room was ready so bell services just moved us. In 2012 YC trip we planned ahead & i booked 1 st night at POP since we never know when we will arrive when driving & I hate to pay deluxe rate if arriving at midnight, and then got up early in am & took our own bags to YC. For the POP night I made us just an overnight bag & left the YC luggage in our car.

7. JanetMom

JanetMom DIS Veteran

It is an easy, 5 minute walk from the Contemporary to the MK. Very simple to head over to the MK buses.

8. JanetMom

JanetMom DIS Veteran

We tend to take our time once we land at MCO, so on our last trip it took us 2 hours from plane landing, until we were in our room. That two hours included getting off the plane, waiting for ME, and getting checked into our room.

I like the idea of counter service and wandering the first night, because it takes the pressure off, since you don't have to get there in time for a dinner reservation. There is so much to see at the resort that wandering is very satisfying.

I'd also recommend checking out Epcot on the first night. Your trip is long enough that the extra day's ticket will only cost a few dollars, and when you are super excited to be at WDW, it is fun to pop into Epcot. It is such a close walk from the YC that it would be hard to resist running over for just a bit on the first day.

9. wifey

wifey DIS Veteran

I am back and wanted to say thank you for all the updates and excellent advice you have shared here. You girls and guys are the best!!
    I rang the IPO recently to ask them to organise our ADRS for our trip and to book the Pirates and Pals Fireworks Cruise one night during our stay. The CM was working from the Grand Floridian but he took our requests (no problems)and told me to expect an email after our 180 day mark. Now that is fantastic and very helpful I'm a very happy woman (despite being full of cold) .
    We are really looking forward to our stay and I sincerely hope that the wasps issue at HH is sorted out soon!! DH has had really bad reactions to wasp stings in the past ( needed lots of antihistamines and meds to reduce the swelling) and it would be a shame to let wasps ruin HH and that area of SAB.

10. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

Great suggestion about the MK to CR walkway. Here is some info from the Contemporary Resort FAQ (2011-2013 version):

There is also a walkway to the Magic Kingdom which is faster then taking the Monorail and to find it just outside and by the bus stop there will be a sign that says walkway to the Magic Kingdom, so you can't miss it. Here are links to some pictures of the walkway from Allearsnet.

http://allears.net/acc/cont50.jpg
    http://allears.net/acc/cont51.jpg
    http://allears.net/acc/cont52.jpg
    http://allears.net/acc/cont53.jpg

Also courtesy of Robo here is an overhead map of the walkway to and from the Magic Kingdom.

[​IMG]

11. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

I was just recently informed by some posters to this thread that room 5163, YC CL GV does NOT have a full balcony. That is the only one I know about.

Almost all of the other rooms at YC, CL and not, have full balconies.

If any of you know of other rooms at YC that do not, please let me know.

Most, but not all, BC CL WV rooms have full balconies. Just a few do not, however I think it is is a good idea to add this request to your reservation.

12. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

Thanks for the helpful, detailed info. Would you mind if I added this to part of the FAQ about online checkin.

I still don't know enough about MDE to know whether to recommend the online checkin or not, but it certainly seems more attractive.

Doesn't have daybed as a request, though.

13. TeenaS

TeenaS DIS Veteran

I love walking around the resort outside when its dark. It's so magical. And sitting in the rocking chairs on the back porch at night. Wonderful!

14. EagleScout

EagleScout Mouseketeer

Does anyone have recent reports on wifi at bc? Rooms and common areas? I assume if nothing else, the conference area near yc is strong (but could be mistaken). Hopefully also lobby and gym - ideally also rooms too with good service.

15. MickeyT

MickeyT DIS Veteran

We were there in January at BCV's. Mine worked great all over. I have an Ipod touch so I used it in the rooms, lobbies, parks and never had a problem. Now I have heard on here that some rooms do have problems but I didn't experience it.

16. rea59

rea59 Mouseketeer

Thanks natebenma!:goodvibes

17. DisneyLifeMel

DisneyLifeMel Mouseketeer

I did my online check-in last night, and I believe it was required to add the credit card info. Though I was sort of in a hurry, and had planned to do it anyway. I wish selecting a room with a daybed was part of the "check boxes", as we are a family of 5, and those rollaways take up too much space. Will add that request later today. I did request a full balcony, but that was all.

If anyone gets a wristband in the coming weeks... let us know!

18. GGGhosts

GGGhosts Earning My Ears

Can you remember about how much is cost for a one way trip from Epcot area resort to MK resort?

19. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

:welcome:

Will do! Sounds like an awesome trip!

:woohoo:

So... How were they???

Roads here aren't too bad, just very narrow. No school in my town today so that additional cleanup can occur in town and around the schools.

And it's snowing again!!!

As of last night, a few streets in South Boston, Beacon Hill and Charlestown still had not been plowed.

:welcome: to the thread.

I haven't done the taxi trip from EP to MK in a few years (it was $12-$15, with tip), but hope someone who has been more recently can give a more current estimate.

ETA: I have linked to a "Taxi Fare Finder" on the first page of the thread (First post, under Transportation)

20. 333disneymom

333disneymom DIS Veteran

We had problems connecting and staying connected this past December at BCV the first few days. Apparently, there was a problem, and once people complained (not us), they fixed it. From then on, our connection worked very well for the rest of the trip.

21. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

Please check the Be Our Guest list to make sure your information is listed correctly. It is entirely possible that a post or two got buried during the Blizzard of 2013, so if I missed you, I apologize!!!

Post 15: Be Our Guest list

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.