2012/2013 Beach and Yacht FAQ- Closing Soon- New Thread Started- Don't Post Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
tnkrbell said:

My question from two days ago never answered because of other things being talked about. Make a new thread for non yc BC drama. I am staying yc cl and wanted to know about ipo

AliceIn said:
I did both, just to be sure.

Last year I made my requests via e-mail to Guest Relations and I got all three. I stayed at the AoA suites and I'd asked for top floor, lake view, building 3. The room was exactly what I asked for and absolutely perfect.

That's aoa not cl. I am staying cl and have some recreation and room requests.

My question from two days ago never answered because of other things being talked about. Make a new thread for non yc BC drama. I am staying yc cl and wanted to know about ipo

If you need questions about IPO, there's a thread just for Concierge information also. The folks there are very helpful and might have more detail for you for your specific questions.

AliceIn said:
If you need questions about IPO, there's a thread just for Concierge information also. The folks there are very helpful and might have more detail for you for your specific questions.

I didn't think this was a trip report thread there are other places for that

I didn't think this was a trip report thread there are other places for that

A lot of these threads have been going on for a very long time, and the folks posting on them appear to have become friends. They share a bit more than just information about the hotels. If you don't like a post, just skip it. This is a very nice and friendly group of people from what I've seen. It doesn't look like there's any need for a thread police.

...anyone for coffee? :)

Sounds like a lovely idea! :coffee: ;)

Just to remind those who are new to this thread - there is a wealth of information and pictures on the first page of this thread. More than any other resort FAQ thread offers. Pictures of everything from rooms, to restaurants, and laundry rooms! (even a few pictures from Hurricane Hanna's, but they are from before the renovation, since HH only reopend a few days ago and I don't think Dee's crack photography team has made it down there yet!)

If you don't see what you want on the first page, please ask - no matter what your question. If your question gets lost in the chatter, remind us and (as you''ve just seen) someone will chime in and answer your question.

I love this thread - mainly for the info it holds, but also for the support and fun it offers along the way!

Let's throw in some good vibes and dancing bananas.

:goodvibes :banana: :banana: :banana:

This has been a problem with these resort FAQ threads since the first one was created. They quickly become a sort of 'social' thread as well..

While the mods have generally taken a loose approach to these issues, we strongly suggest that off topic material not related to the resort or a Walt Disney World vacation be shared elsewhere.

If the members of the DIS who frequent a thread can't agree on these matters, then the moderators must step in.

Generally speaking an FAQ thread should NOT be filled with material that isn't relevant to a Walt Disney World vacation at the resort in question.

This is a gentle reminder of how these threads work. If problems persist, then corrective measures will be implemented.

Thanks.

I've gathered that going to DTD from BC is best done by cab. We have DD3 who will require a carseat.

1. Can BC guest svc get us a cab with a carseat?
2. When returning from DTD back to BC how do you arrange for the return trip with carseat?
3. Is there a specified area at DTD for pick up and drop off?
4. Anyone think we should just use the BC bus and forego can altogether?

I've gathered that going to DTD from BC is best done by cab. We have DD3 who will require a carseat.

1. Can BC guest svc get us a cab with a carseat?
2. When returning from DTD back to BC how do you arrange for the return trip with carseat?
3. Is there a specified area at DTD for pick up and drop off?
4. Anyone think we should just use the BC bus and forego can altogether?

While I agree that going to DTD by bus is a major pain, we still always go by bus. You just need to factor in that what could be a 15 minute ride, will most likely take 45-60 minutes. If you set your expectations, the bus is fine.

I haven't tried to get a cab with car seat from the BC, but we did get a cab to go shopping last time and the BC CMs were helpful in getting us a friendly cab to take us to the right mall.

JanetMom said:
While I agree that going to DTD by bus is a major pain, we still always go by bus. You just need to factor in that what could be a 15 minute ride, will most likely take 45-60 minutes. If you set your expectations, the bus is fine.

I haven't tried to get a cab with car seat from the BC, but we did get a cab to go shopping last time and the BC CMs were helpful in getting us a friendly cab to take us to the right mall.

Thanks! Did you have a can with carseat on return and did you just call the cabbie when you wanted to go back?

We may take the bus there, just planning on seeing how DD is faring at that point. I wonder if the busses are better after water park closure like at 9 or 10 at night.

Does anyone know how late the DTD bus will go back to BC?

I guess we were spoiled our last trip with the busses. We hit gold and no trips took longer than 15min and we didn't wait more than 10min for a bus to show up to the parks.

Thanks! Did you have a can with carseat on return and did you just call the cabbie when you wanted to go back?

We may take the bus there, just planning on seeing how DD is faring at that point. I wonder if the busses are better after water park closure like at 9 or 10 at night.

Does anyone know how late the DTD bus will go back to BC?

I guess we were spoiled our last trip with the busses. We hit gold and no trips took longer than 15min and we didn't wait more than 10min for a bus to show up to the parks.

We've only taken a cab to an offsite mall. For our return trip, the cab driver was great in pointing out where to get a cab to get back to the hotel.

Hopefully someone else who has taken a cab to DTD (either to or from the BC or YC) will help with the car seat question.

I wish they did a separate bus for the water parks aside from the extra time it takes if a storm starts and the wp closes and you end up in a traffic jam in TL its no fun getting dripped all over.

JanetMom said:
Sounds like a lovely idea! :coffee: ;)

Just to remind those who are new to this thread - there is a wealth of information and pictures on the first page of this thread. More than any other resort FAQ thread offers. Pictures of everything from rooms, to restaurants, and laundry rooms! (even a few pictures from Hurricane Hanna's, but they are from before the renovation, since HH only reopend a few days ago and I don't think Dee's crack photography team has made it down there yet!)

If you don't see what you want on the first page, please ask - no matter what your question. If your question gets lost in the chatter, remind us and (as you''ve just seen) someone will chime in and answer your question.

I love this thread - mainly for the info it holds, but also for the support and fun it offers along the way!

Let's throw in some good vibes and dancing bananas.

:goodvibes :banana: :banana: :banana:

Following on your suggestion, here is a question based on a call I just had with a cm. We have a bc trip scheduled for may. We were giving various room requests (high floor, etc), and when we asked about an Epcot view (we are in gv), they said theme park view is a higher price separate category. I said "thanks but no thanks" - is that info correct regarding view?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter