2012/2013 Beach and Yacht FAQ- Closing Soon- New Thread Started- Don't Post Here

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by natebenma, Nov 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feckless

Feckless DIS Veteran

It's all a balancing act. People who love this resort hang out for the friendly banter which sometimes swings off topic. If this was only a thread for questions to be answered, it would lose the friendly, YC/BC family feel. Without that feeling and the interaction, people would go elsewhere after their stay and we would lose the incredible wealth of knowledge enjoyed by the people who come back here day after day. That wealth of knowledge is essential in being able to answer all the multitude of questions that get asked here.

Plus, we have been able to avoid most of the drama that comes along with many other threads. I hope that continues.

And I am not likely to get back this year. Turns out that I damaged my TI band (or some such thing) in my left leg, and I'm in physio, which has blown up my plans for the Tower of Terror 10 Miler in September. Plus we found out that the Jays are playing the Yankees in Toronto ON my son's 11th birthday at the end of August, and we are doing a surprise trip. I HATE that I can't use my 35% PIN for my beloved BC... But who knows, maybe something last minute... :(

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. DannysMom

DannysMom DIS Veteran

That sounds wrong. At BC, there is no bookable theme park view, like at GF, Poly & CR. You might have an obstructed view of Illuminations, but no real Epcot view to speak of.

ETA: you could probably word your request as "view of woods closest to Epcot requested."

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos or autocorrects!

4. 1971DBday

1971DBday Keep moving forward!

FAQ in the front, converstations afterwards.

I like to get tips from people I get to know even if that brings it a little ....oh yeah....:offtopic:.

Background Info: DD6 is a good swimmer and last week during swim lessons did the whole length of the pool without a floatie. However, even with continuous swim lessons we as always need to keep a good eye on her. I am still bringing her floatie because we are not permitting her in deep water without the floatie and a close eye OR her without a floatie and DH or I with her.

1. Does anyone else have some good spots by SB where I can keep an eye on DD6, but it's not that noisy? The sandy space is to "little kid" for her.
    2. I know she will love the pool slide, but how noisy is it over by this section?
    3. For anyone who has gone in June, how crowded will the pool be (scale 1 - 10; 10 being insane)?
    4. With the chance of My Disney Experience being in place by our June trip has anyone heard if the bracelet will work for admission into SB or will we have to wear two bracelets?

5. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

I've been away for a bit and have a lot to catch up on!!!

So glad to hear you are coming back!!! I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:goodvibes

I'll pencil you in on the B.O.G list for December. Let us know when your plans are finalized.

:cool1:

:welcome:

Let us know when you decide about the resort. We have a thread about the BC Deluxe Rooms, but I haven't had the time, or as much input from people who have stayed in the YC Deluxe rooms to make a thread yet.

Either resort for your stay sounds awesome, though!

:yay:

Here's an official switchover :welcome:

Hope you love the Yacht Club!

:woohoo:

A few people responded about the mac and cheese. I know most table service places have the option on the kids menu. I'm not as sure which CS or quick service places do.

:welcome: fellow New Englander!!!

I'll add you to the list.

:banana: :banana: :banana:

We will miss you! Have a fantastic trip! :cool2:

:welcome:

Sounds like an awesome family trip. I'll add you to the list.

:cool1:

6. LuvLDM

LuvLDM DIS Veteran

That's really nasty.
    I agree with the previous posters. Many people come to this thread looking for information, it's frustrating having to weed through pages of cliquey chit chat.
    I do appreciate the first few pages & clearly a lot of time and effort went into compiling that information but if you are not a "regular" on this thread any yc/bc question you may pose stands a good chance of being ignored.

7. medicgirl177

medicgirl177 Mouseketeer

Oh a unused PIN, I hate that! But I hope you recover from your injury quickly!!!! :0/

8. medicgirl177

medicgirl177 Mouseketeer

I was wondering where you were!!! ;0) see we are a" family of sorts". :0)

9. medicgirl177

medicgirl177 Mouseketeer

ALRIGHT guys, Canadian Guy already warned us once, I really feel we need to drop this altogether. No need to repost or quote or make mention, please let's just stop rehashing.....

10. nannette

nannette Dislikes Trolls! :)

:)

11. jemh628

jemh628 Mouseketeer

I am by no means a regular on this thread but catch up every few days and in the short time I have been visiting I have never noticed anyone being ignored, in fact I have noticed multiple people responding, not only with personal experiences but also links to find additional information. This thread has been one of the nicest and most welcoming I have encountered on DIS and I sincerely hope it stays the wonderful mixture of friends, trip reports, support and information I have learned to love.

12. Ziggy

Ziggy Playing guitar with the spiders from mars

Agree :)

Plus my Mother always taught me if I wanted a civil answer I had to ask a civil question.

13. nannette

nannette Dislikes Trolls! :)

So glad and happy you have arrived safely and have seen so much pixie dust from cars to rooms!! Have an amazing trip!

~Nannette

14. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

Yes, I'm here!

I do feel like we are all part of a wonderful family. We are very lucky to have all of the people who post to this thread frequently.

:grouphug:

It saddens me when people are disappointed with the content of the thread. I personally try very hard to get the answers people are looking for as quickly as possible and to make sure the first page of the thread is updated with the most current information available.

I am guilty of occasionally missing questions and I am definitely guilty of going off topic, but I always go through the thread, when I have time, and bump up the questions that haven't been answered.

I am also very proud that this thread rarely goes negative, and I would appreciate everyones help in that mission.

Thanks!

Dee

:banana: :banana: :banana:

15. gwynne

gwynne Be always blooming

Hi Dee,
    I think we are all happy to help you keep this a positive, friendly as well as helpful thread. I will keep a better eye out for unanswered questions, and either answer, or bump them. I am sure others will too. (I don't have trip planned at the moment so this is a way I can help, and participate in this thread .)

16. AliceIn

AliceIn DIS Veteran

Ditto! I love reading this thread everyday. I felt warmly welcomed and it is a treat to come share with others just how excited I am to visit the BC. The great info on the first pages gave me a ton of info. I enjoy the chit chat, too.

17. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

Thanks so much for sharing your review! (Even though I cut it in the reply). Glad you had a great stay, sorry to hear your daughter didn't feel well, but I'm glad that didn't last for very long.

I am so relieved and THRILLED you have arrived safely at the YC! Glad your experience has been positive so far.

I want to say that your attitude has been awesome through all of the turmoil in the past couple of days! Finding a silver lining is sometimes the only thing you can do when you have no control over a situation.

Bummer you had to check in downstairs- I'm guessing it was after 10 PM or whenever the CL CMs are off duty. Glad things were corrected for you today!

I know you got one answer about this. Unfortunately, I don't believe this is something IPO can do. I think you just have to go nice and early to sign up, but I haven't been involved in Jedi Training. When my son did it, it was still when they selected from the audience.

18. pas130

pas130 Always missing Florida....

Dee IMO you've done a FAB job on all the BC/YC/BCV FAQ threads :goodvibes And the whole Stormalong Bay family sure does help!! It can be natural to go off topic, but I enjoy it...again JMHO. Everyone here has been kind to me, and I've gotten my questions answered when needed! :goodvibes Thanks!

19. Debrn

Debrn Mouseketeer

You have answered all my ?'s very quickly, you do an amazing job. Some people are never happy:confused3

20. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

Great question!!! Does anyone have any experience with needing/using a car seat in a taxi cab?

Is it Mears that does all of the taxi service at Disney? I wonder if you could get the phone number and call the company yourself while you are at DTD and tell them you need transport with a car seat and arrange where and when they should meet you.

This link is from the first post on Page 1 of this thread (Under Transportation)-it gives the phone numbers of various cab companies and estimates the fare from BC to DTD as $11.44 each way:

Here is one website link to help you determine the estimated cabfare from point to point during your trip: Taxi Fare Finder

I agree- theme park view is not a bookable category at BC/YC. DannysMom's suggestion sounds good.

Try calling again!!! I would also suggest following up about 10 days to a week before your trip.

Bump!

Not sure of the answers to your questions. Hopefully we will hear more info about the bracelets as your trip gets closer.

A friend who checked into BW yesterday was told that resort would be the first to switchover to the bands/bracelets soon.

21. Ziggy

Ziggy Playing guitar with the spiders from mars

Excuse my ignorance as I'm fairly new to this thread but is Teena the very nice lady who greets people as they arrive at the Beach Club?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.