2012/2013 Beach and Yacht FAQ- Closing Soon- New Thread Started- Don't Post Here

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by natebenma, Nov 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jennyjinx3

jennyjinx3 DIS Veteran

Aw thanks Pixarmom, that is very reassuring. ::yes:: I get more of your drift now. The three night is a good start, but after a longer one we will wonder how/why we ever did a short one!

We were sitting around today trying to figure in our pool time for our May trip! This is a very important part of our itinerary!!:hyper:

BTW great pics of the Marketplace! I can't believe how nice it looks!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. 8lovesmickey

8lovesmickey I'm movin' on, say goodbye to me...down at the Lau

Room Advice?

This will be our first stay at BC (April 14-21) and I'm wondering about a room request. We booked a standard room (didn't want to blow the budget completely...) so what are thoughts out there? I think we'd like to be close to the lobby and SAB if possible... Is there any such thing for Standard View peeps like us?

Also, we have a room with 2 queen beds but would love a daybed and/or cot so our two boys don't have to sleep in the same bed. Is that something to request? Or is that a different category of room? It's not essential but it would be nice :)

We usually stay in the moderates -I'm really looking forward to being able to walk to Epcot! 100 days and counting...

Thanks!

4. TeenaS

TeenaS DIS Veteran

With all the talk about room requests and advice, etc., I just want everybody to remember that requesting a location or floor or balcony or daybed, etc. is only a request ... absolutely nothing is guaranteed. When we are full (which happens more than you would think), lots of requests cannot be met. If you go into it knowing that there's a good chance you will not get what you requested, then you won't be disappointed. If you get a room that you hate for whatever reason, let's say you really wanted a full balcony but let's face it, so does 90% of the guests, and you didn't get a full balcony. Just go back down to the desk, ask them if you could room change to a room with a full balcony tomorrow or the next day. But be advised that a room change isn't always the easiest for some families. You have to have your old room vacated and the luggage put into storage with bell services before 11 AM on the day you are room changing. Then there is a possibility that your new room will not be available until after 3-4 PM. So although you can get access to your luggage, you could be without a room itself for 5 hours.

I find if you know going in that you are not guaranteed to get any of your requests, then if you get one, HOORAY :cool1::cool1::cool1: CELEBRATE!!! But if you don't, then you'll have a good time anyway because you knew that getting your requests was not guaranteed so no biggy!

We certainly want each and every guest to get their requests. Unfortunately all the rooms do not have full balconies and don't have daybeds and are not available in your bedding criteria in the area or view you may want, etc. We try really really hard to get you what you want but the architect of our buildings didn't make it real easy on us!! We get requests for rooms that do not exist (for example a certain view with king bed and daybed on the fourth floor). But we try to get you as close to what you want as possible. If it's not available on the day you check-in, there's nothing we can do unfortunately.

5. suetoo

suetoo Mouseketeer

Hello! I updated the BC Marketplace photo thread during our October 2012 stay, and french toast sticks are no longer on the menu - sorry! Not sure why the Disney site mentions the french toast sticks or includes that photo of produce that looks like something out of Pike's in Seattle! Here's the link to the BC Marketplace photos I took (primarily in October 2012, with the updated menu.) http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3007564

We have a super picky eater among our three boys and he likes the croissants, the pop tarts in the grocery section and the donuts in the grocery section. In other words, if your son eats french toast (which our picky eater does not) there must be something somewhere in the Marketplace that he would enjoy for breakfast![/QUOTE]

Thanks for your update! I did check your photos, but was confused by Disney's website info!!! So glad you clarified...i won't promise anything and if there is a change by October...bonus points! And no fear: he will eat Cinnamon Poptarts, donuts, and maybe a bagel! Thanks!!!!

6. Music City Mama

Music City Mama DIS Veteran

Thank you, Dee and Katesdad!

I went ahead and booked by phone the other day. So, Dee, if you want to add me to the BOG list, my dates are:

6/6 - 6/11 (YC GV); 6/11 - 6/15 (BLT)

Thanks so much!

Now you're making me want to stay at BC again just for that room/location. Looks perfect! I am looking forward to YC, though, and I'm sure we'll be over at BC plenty for the Marketplace. Also, DS will want to trade pins and sport his first ever pin he received and will never trade (the Swedish Chef) from Teena -- man, that kid is so sentimental. :rotfl:

Great info, Teena! I would love to know the dates because we're actually planning on going back Thanksgiving week. I know those days aren't normally discounted, but if we can anything (like the Saturday or Sunday before, every little bit helps). :goodvibes

7. jennyjinx3

jennyjinx3 DIS Veteran

8. Music City Mama

Music City Mama DIS Veteran

Thank you! It looks like only our first day (11/23) would be discounted. That would be fine if the rates weren't so darn expensive at that time. I'll either be staying at a moderate, Swan/Dolphin, or renting DVC points -- won't be able to do deluxe that trip, for sure. Anyhow, thanks again!

9. TeenaS

TeenaS DIS Veteran

Available 11/17-11/23 and 11/30-12/4.

10. bean bunny

bean bunny Mouseketeer

Live from the YC CL! We arrived today for our fourth YC stay, second on CL. Check in was great and our room was available at 2:30 when we arrived. We booked a lagoon view for the first time and our room location is fantastic. Just down the hall from the lounge with a dead center view of the lagoon and boardwalk. We could see illuminations from our balcony tonight! Just an amazing view I could look at the lights all night.

The room looks good. Not worn down at all. There's a stain on the chair but otherwise the room is perfect.

The bathroom is always my main criticism with this resort. It just doesn't rise to the level of a deluxe hotel It's small. Our shower head is really rusted and the floor is stained. That's my only complaint and it's certainly nothing to really be bothered by just an observation.

We received the new Be Our Guest booklet today and it's great. The poster is fantastic and discounts were available for much of the year.

Every cast member we've encountered has been great. The guard at the entrance was from our town and we had a great conversation and the CL staff is so accommodating and helpful.

We had a great meal at fultons tonight and DTD was packed! The parking lot was insane! We opted to go back and shop tomorrow when it might be less crowded.

The food in the lounge has been great. The chips and dip were wonderful this afternoon as were the cookies. Appetizers included pot stickers, chicken on a stick, cheese, olives, veggies, bread and crackers, and pbj. We've also managed ice dream at beaches and cream to go twice :)

I'll update tomorrow!!

11. magicalmoments4

magicalmoments4 Mouseketeer

What is a Be Our Guest Booklet and what do you/did you have to do to get it?

12. magicalmoments4

magicalmoments4 Mouseketeer

Never mind :) I just read TeenaS' post!! Helps if I would use my eyes like I always tell my DS and DD!!

13. Lilu86

Lilu86 Earning My Ears

Do you know the exact dates for the food and wine festival for 2013? I am a Swan bride going down for Sept. 28- Oct. 4th and were hoping to see the festival for at least 1 or 2 days at the end of our trip.
    Thanks!
    Happy New Year!

14. kdog_1981

kdog_1981 Mouseketeer

15. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

During our stay we decided to go to the hot tub after the parks one night, SAB was already closed. So we went to the quiet pool. There were several couples in it and a table covered with beer. They were very loud. I remember feeling sorry for the people in the rooms around the quiet pool.
    Needless to say, we didn't get a hot tub. Decided to take a quick dip in the pool, and call it a night.

16. dana278

dana278 Mouseketeer

I KNEW IT! LOL The hot tub scared me instantly, thanks for confirming my suspicions. That ground level room will be my last choice for sure. Hopefully going up a floor (or two or three) will help a little bit with noise.

17. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

I don't know the answer to this, so hopefully someone else does.

18. TeenaS

TeenaS DIS Veteran

You're good I'm sure. It's usually the last weekend of September and ends the end of the first week of November. The whole month of October is for sure.

19. TeenaS

TeenaS DIS Veteran

No rollaway beds for the villas as far as I know.

20. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

As far as I know, rooms in each of the categories are spread throughout the resort. A lot of the Standard View rooms, which overlook a rooftop or parking lot, will be facing the front entrance of the Beach Club (Yacht Club) by definition. For Garden View, some will face the various courtyards in the back of the resort. Some will face the woods area and be very close to EPCOT, but possibly further from the lobby, Stormalong Bay and the bus stops.

So for a room requests, you need to figure out what is important for your family.

First off, at Beach Club. How important is a full balcony? For me it is very important, so this has been my only request in the past.

Are you a party of 4, but a daybed would make your vacation stay more pleasant? You may want to request that. Again, only a request, and if it isn't met, you can request a rollaway cot at checkin.

Is location important? If so, request a room close to the lobby/pool/bus stop or if you would prefer to be close to EPCOT, literally 2 minutes away from the International Gateway, you can request "Close to EPCOT, please"

21. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

Holy Guacamole! You guys are keeping me busy!!!

Here is a :welcome: to new and returning friends. I have a feeling I am going to max out on the smilies on this post.

:banana: :banana: :banana:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:goodvibes

What fantastic dates for your trip, and the kids are great ages to appreciate the resort.

Tried to answer your question in another post.

Great to have you back!!! I'll add ya to the list.

:cool1:

:woohoo:

So happy I am able to add you to the list!

Honestly, I think you would be fine at either resort.

I love July in the World! I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool2:

:wave2:

I'll add you to the list. I see you are squeaking in a trip before the summer crowds descend.

You are going to ADORE the convenience of being so close to two resorts!

I'll add you to the Guest List.

:cheer2:

I quickly scrolled through the Guest List- I didn't see you there. If you would like to be added, let us know the dates of your trip and which resort.

:yay:

Glad to have you aboard!

I'll add you to the list.

:cool1:

:woohoo:

I'm thrilled you will be returning! I"ll add you to the list.

Just wanted to say thanks for the kind words about the thread. I see you enjoyed the koolaid we hand out at the beginning of your visit here!

The answer is maybe. Probably?

Repost tomorrow so Teena can see this again. I believe the resorts are decorated starting in early November and the order is determined by lottery. Not sure what the latest start date, but I'm pretty sure all of the resorts are decorated by Thanksgiving.

Anyone know if this is true?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.