• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2012/2013 Beach and Yacht FAQ- Closing Soon- New Thread Started- Don't Post Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Jen!!! I know this was directed toward Teena, but I too have a husband who was not the biggest fan of the cruise idea so I thought I'd share our experience. The whole thing started the summer of 2010 when we were talking to Teena and she was telling our boys they would love a cruise. On ME to the airport, it was all they could talk about. My husband was not convinced. Then I saw the Alaska itinerary and I thought it would be the perfect mix of new adventure and Disney. But to commit to that expense, I thought we should try a short cruise. My husband really enjoyed the 3-night Dream cruise (and it was during a hurricane, so we missed Castaway and were never able to leave the ship!) and we all LOVED Alaska. So much that we wouldn't do a 3-night again. Much more party focus and a bit of rude guest stuff on the 3-night Dream, but it certainly didn't ruin our time and the 3-night was a good start. It's just that after you do a 7-night (especially on a smaller ship, in my opinion) it's hard to go back.

As for whether you'll like BC enough to return in November, I hope so! As many know, we usually either stay at BC or split our stay between BC/YC and new resorts. I really hope you love BC it as much as we do and will enjoy many return stays!

Hello! I updated the BC Marketplace photo thread during our October 2012 stay, and french toast sticks are no longer on the menu - sorry! Not sure why the Disney site mentions the french toast sticks or includes that photo of produce that looks like something out of Pike's in Seattle! Here's the link to the BC Marketplace photos I took (primarily in October 2012, with the updated menu.) http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3007564

We have a super picky eater among our three boys and he likes the croissants, the pop tarts in the grocery section and the donuts in the grocery section. In other words, if your son eats french toast (which our picky eater does not) there must be something somewhere in the Marketplace that he would enjoy for breakfast!

Aw thanks Pixarmom, that is very reassuring. ::yes:: I get more of your drift now. The three night is a good start, but after a longer one we will wonder how/why we ever did a short one!

We were sitting around today trying to figure in our pool time for our May trip! This is a very important part of our itinerary!!:hyper:

BTW great pics of the Marketplace! I can't believe how nice it looks!

Room Advice?

This will be our first stay at BC (April 14-21) and I'm wondering about a room request. We booked a standard room (didn't want to blow the budget completely...) so what are thoughts out there? I think we'd like to be close to the lobby and SAB if possible... Is there any such thing for Standard View peeps like us?

Also, we have a room with 2 queen beds but would love a daybed and/or cot so our two boys don't have to sleep in the same bed. Is that something to request? Or is that a different category of room? It's not essential but it would be nice :)

We usually stay in the moderates -I'm really looking forward to being able to walk to Epcot! 100 days and counting...

Thanks!

With all the talk about room requests and advice, etc., I just want everybody to remember that requesting a location or floor or balcony or daybed, etc. is only a request ... absolutely nothing is guaranteed. When we are full (which happens more than you would think), lots of requests cannot be met. If you go into it knowing that there's a good chance you will not get what you requested, then you won't be disappointed. If you get a room that you hate for whatever reason, let's say you really wanted a full balcony but let's face it, so does 90% of the guests, and you didn't get a full balcony. Just go back down to the desk, ask them if you could room change to a room with a full balcony tomorrow or the next day. But be advised that a room change isn't always the easiest for some families. You have to have your old room vacated and the luggage put into storage with bell services before 11 AM on the day you are room changing. Then there is a possibility that your new room will not be available until after 3-4 PM. So although you can get access to your luggage, you could be without a room itself for 5 hours.

I find if you know going in that you are not guaranteed to get any of your requests, then if you get one, HOORAY :cool1::cool1::cool1: CELEBRATE!!! But if you don't, then you'll have a good time anyway because you knew that getting your requests was not guaranteed so no biggy!

We certainly want each and every guest to get their requests. Unfortunately all the rooms do not have full balconies and don't have daybeds and are not available in your bedding criteria in the area or view you may want, etc. We try really really hard to get you what you want but the architect of our buildings didn't make it real easy on us!! We get requests for rooms that do not exist (for example a certain view with king bed and daybed on the fourth floor). But we try to get you as close to what you want as possible. If it's not available on the day you check-in, there's nothing we can do unfortunately.

Hello! I updated the BC Marketplace photo thread during our October 2012 stay, and french toast sticks are no longer on the menu - sorry! Not sure why the Disney site mentions the french toast sticks or includes that photo of produce that looks like something out of Pike's in Seattle! Here's the link to the BC Marketplace photos I took (primarily in October 2012, with the updated menu.) http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3007564

We have a super picky eater among our three boys and he likes the croissants, the pop tarts in the grocery section and the donuts in the grocery section. In other words, if your son eats french toast (which our picky eater does not) there must be something somewhere in the Marketplace that he would enjoy for breakfast![/QUOTE]

Thanks for your update! I did check your photos, but was confused by Disney's website info!!! So glad you clarified...i won't promise anything and if there is a change by October...bonus points! And no fear: he will eat Cinnamon Poptarts, donuts, and maybe a bagel! Thanks!!!!

I didn't see the answers to your questions, so I am reposting. I'm not really all that familiar with the Yacht Club, so I will defer to others.

On your third question, I'm pretty sure you do need to call in your room requests ("Wedding Gazebo view, Close to Elevator, please") even if you book online.

Looking at these maps, it does appear that some of the Gazebo view rooms would be close to the elevator banks.

Disney Zone Room Number Maps- Caution, View Categories are outdated!

One of the things I don't know... whether the rooms that have the straight on view of the gazebo are water view or garden view. I suspect that they are water view rooms. Does anyone know???

Sorry Music City Mama, I missed this. I thought it was a Swolphin question. I didn't see you were looking for information on the YC.

Yes, the door hits the toilet, just like at the BC. The rooms are exactly the same. Just look at the pictures on page one and you will see this.

Yes, the GV room with gazebo view can be close to the elevator. If I wanted to make a room request for both of these I would first put gazebo view then put close to elevator. The view of the garden area and the gazebo would be a higher priority for me than the elevator, but that is just me.

And yes, you can get a GV room that does allow you to look at the lake or the pool but you won't get the water view on a "straight on" basis. usually you have to stand on the balcony and look right or left.

Hope that helps.

Happy planning

Thank you, Dee and Katesdad!

I went ahead and booked by phone the other day. So, Dee, if you want to add me to the BOG list, my dates are:

6/6 - 6/11 (YC GV); 6/11 - 6/15 (BLT)

Thanks so much!

Our now-favorite GV room is on the second floor just up the stairs and literally steps from the lobby. And very close to SAB! If you don't care about a full balcony, you could request close to lobby, and maybe 2nd floor, if you want to make it really easy to just skip down those stairs! (Although our kids say the BC elevators are the fastest in the world!)

Our 2nd floor garden view room:

DSCN8498_zps8a2a09f6.jpg

From the balcony, and SAB is right past those trees:

DSCN8507_zpsbe9620ee.jpg

You can see our balcony on the second floor, tucked in the corner. SAB was on my left when I took the photo.

DSCN8517_zps3394774f.jpg

We were right up these stairs from the lobby!

DSCN8563_zps99ff6e7c.jpg

Now you're making me want to stay at BC again just for that room/location. Looks perfect! I am looking forward to YC, though, and I'm sure we'll be over at BC plenty for the Marketplace. Also, DS will want to trade pins and sport his first ever pin he received and will never trade (the Swedish Chef) from Teena -- man, that kid is so sentimental. :rotfl:

OK, here's all the latest from my drilling everybody at work today.

Hurricane Hannahs has NO new opening date. NOT a big deal because Martha's Vineyard is still up and running and very convenient. People seem to really like the food there. I got the impression when I pushed for a new possible opening date that they honestly do not have one. So personally I'd be surprised to return from my cruise at the end of January and find it open.

The pool closings. According to everybody I talked to, here's the scoop. The pool (SAB) is having NO rehab this winter. Only the slide will be down for a short time in January. The slide will not be down at the same time the clown slide at the Boardwalk is down. So, the area where our slide dumps into the water ... that water will be there and you can swim in it. You just can't use the slide during that period of time.

Don't know if this was reported anywhere else but I'm really excited about this. You know the bounceback "thing" that is in the rooms during bounceback offering times? Well, no more clock or cutout or paper or anything sitting somewhere in your room. Instead, the bounceback (which is good for lots of dates through December 2013) is a pull-out (the back of the offer is a beautiful poster which I'm sending Lily) inside the new booklet that is given out at check-in called "BE OUR GUEST GUIDE". It's the best thing EVER!!!!! The Guide itself has wonderful information about EVERYTHING (dining, resorts, parks, transportation) and best of all is the BOUNCEBACK. Not sure when these started being given out but I heard there was a 3 hour wait to make reservations today. Still the same rules: "Book Before You Check Out and Save!" The deluxe resorts and villas are at 35% off! Unfortunately I do not have a scanner (actually I do but I don't know how to use it). So, if anybody wants dates, just ask and I'll be sure to answer. I'm working again tomorrow so during the day will away from the computer.

Great info, Teena! I would love to know the dates because we're actually planning on going back Thanksgiving week. I know those days aren't normally discounted, but if we can anything (like the Saturday or Sunday before, every little bit helps). :goodvibes

I went ahead and booked by phone the other day. So, Dee, if you want to add me to the BOG list, my dates are:

Thanks so much!

Now you're making me want to stay at BC again just for that room/location. Looks perfect! I am looking forward to YC, though, and I'm sure we'll be over at BC plenty for the Marketplace. Also, DS will want to trade pins and sport his first ever pin he received and will never trade (the Swedish Chef) from Teena -- man, that kid is so sentimental. :rotfl:

Great info, Teena! I would love to know the dates because we're actually planning on going back Thanksgiving week. I know those days aren't normally discounted, but if we can anything (like the Saturday or Sunday before, every little bit helps). :goodvibes

Available 11/17-11/23 and 11/30-12/4.

Live from the YC CL! We arrived today for our fourth YC stay, second on CL. Check in was great and our room was available at 2:30 when we arrived. We booked a lagoon view for the first time and our room location is fantastic. Just down the hall from the lounge with a dead center view of the lagoon and boardwalk. We could see illuminations from our balcony tonight! Just an amazing view I could look at the lights all night.

The room looks good. Not worn down at all. There's a stain on the chair but otherwise the room is perfect.

The bathroom is always my main criticism with this resort. It just doesn't rise to the level of a deluxe hotel It's small. Our shower head is really rusted and the floor is stained. That's my only complaint and it's certainly nothing to really be bothered by just an observation.

We received the new Be Our Guest booklet today and it's great. The poster is fantastic and discounts were available for much of the year.

Every cast member we've encountered has been great. The guard at the entrance was from our town and we had a great conversation and the CL staff is so accommodating and helpful.

We had a great meal at fultons tonight and DTD was packed! The parking lot was insane! We opted to go back and shop tomorrow when it might be less crowded.

The food in the lounge has been great. The chips and dip were wonderful this afternoon as were the cookies. Appetizers included pot stickers, chicken on a stick, cheese, olives, veggies, bread and crackers, and pbj. We've also managed ice dream at beaches and cream to go twice :)

I'll update tomorrow!!

Happy New Year everyone! It's been awhile since I have posted on the dis. I booked the Yacht Club for Oct 26th - Nov 2nd. Wanted the beach club but no standard rooms were available.

Love food and wine festival. and going that week! We always enjoy ourselves.
We stayed at the boardwalk villas last trip and while we were fine with our stay there I really do not like the pool at all there. We missed SAB!

Do you know the exact dates for the food and wine festival for 2013? I am a Swan bride going down for Sept. 28- Oct. 4th and were hoping to see the festival for at least 1 or 2 days at the end of our trip.
Thanks!
Happy New Year!

None. Even though they are open 24/7 the latest we ever saw anyone in the pool was around 11:30 - and lots of times that was my kids taking a quick dip after coming back from the parks!

During our stay we decided to go to the hot tub after the parks one night, SAB was already closed. So we went to the quiet pool. There were several couples in it and a table covered with beer. They were very loud. I remember feeling sorry for the people in the rooms around the quiet pool.
Needless to say, we didn't get a hot tub. Decided to take a quick dip in the pool, and call it a night.

During our stay we decided to go to the hot tub after the parks one night, SAB was already closed. So we went to the quiet pool. There were several couples in it and a table covered with beer. They were very loud. I remember feeling sorry for the people in the rooms around the quiet pool.
Needless to say, we didn't get a hot tub. Decided to take a quick dip in the pool, and call it a night.

I KNEW IT! LOL The hot tub scared me instantly, thanks for confirming my suspicions. That ground level room will be my last choice for sure. Hopefully going up a floor (or two or three) will help a little bit with noise.

Hello..have a question ....

I'll be staying at BCV in April with my wife and 2 teen boys. The boys are on the larger side, and not sure if they will be in a position to "share" the fold out bed...

Do they offer roll away beds for the BCV studio's?

Thanks in advance! :thumbsup2

I don't know the answer to this, so hopefully someone else does.

Do you know the exact dates for the food and wine festival for 2013? I am a Swan bride going down for Sept. 28- Oct. 4th and were hoping to see the festival for at least 1 or 2 days at the end of our trip.
Thanks!
Happy New Year!

You're good I'm sure. It's usually the last weekend of September and ends the end of the first week of November. The whole month of October is for sure.

any rooms better in BC then others- we have a Garden view- thanks!

Hi all,

This is our first trip to WDW with our kids DS10, DD8 and just booked BC for 6/9 to 6/14. I need help in choosing room category or location. We don't really care for the balcony but would like a room near the lobby or SAB. Which category should we book? Right now I have garden view. Would appreciate any inputs.

As far as I know, rooms in each of the categories are spread throughout the resort. A lot of the Standard View rooms, which overlook a rooftop or parking lot, will be facing the front entrance of the Beach Club (Yacht Club) by definition. For Garden View, some will face the various courtyards in the back of the resort. Some will face the woods area and be very close to EPCOT, but possibly further from the lobby, Stormalong Bay and the bus stops.

So for a room requests, you need to figure out what is important for your family.

First off, at Beach Club. How important is a full balcony? For me it is very important, so this has been my only request in the past.

Are you a party of 4, but a daybed would make your vacation stay more pleasant? You may want to request that. Again, only a request, and if it isn't met, you can request a rollaway cot at checkin.

Is location important? If so, request a room close to the lobby/pool/bus stop or if you would prefer to be close to EPCOT, literally 2 minutes away from the International Gateway, you can request "Close to EPCOT, please"

Holy Guacamole! You guys are keeping me busy!!!

Here is a :welcome: to new and returning friends. I have a feeling I am going to max out on the smilies on this post.

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Hi all,

This is our first trip to WDW with our kids DS10, DD8 and just booked BC for 6/9 to 6/14. I need help in choosing room category or location. We don't really care for the balcony but would like a room near the lobby or SAB. Which category should we book? Right now I have garden view. Would appreciate any inputs.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:goodvibes

What fantastic dates for your trip, and the kids are great ages to appreciate the resort.

Tried to answer your question in another post.

Happy New Year everyone! It's been awhile since I have posted on the dis. I booked the Yacht Club for Oct 26th - Nov 2nd. Wanted the beach club but no standard rooms were available.

Love food and wine festival. and going that week! We always enjoy ourselves.
We stayed at the boardwalk villas last trip and while we were fine with our stay there I really do not like the pool at all there. We missed SAB!

Great to have you back!!! I'll add ya to the list.

:cool1:

Our September stay at BC was in one of those rooms RIGHT at the top of the stairs and we absolutely loved it! It was super convenient to never need an elevator! :thumbsup2

Aaaaand we just booked a stay at BC in May! We'll be there May 12th-15th! :thumbsup2 I can't WAIT! We completely fell in love with this place last year and it's our favorite summer getaway now! :laughing:

I LOVE the look of the YC lobby and rooms and swore the next stay we booked would be for YC, but I chickened out and stuck with BC. We spend hours in SAB when we stay at BC, we barely bother with the parks, and it looked like SAB is a tiny bit closer to BC than YC. Does that seem right? I just really didn't want to have to traipse through the gorgeous YC lobby in my swim gear. :laughing:

:woohoo:

So happy I am able to add you to the list!

Honestly, I think you would be fine at either resort.

Soooo excited to be returning to BC! We stayed there in June 2009, and have always longed to go back. Loved how close it was to Epcot, HS; Beaches & Cream; SAB, etc. Now we will be staying at BCV on our 1st DVC trip!!!! We will be there July 26-31. Yes, hot..but can't wait!

I love July in the World! I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool2:

We just booked May 26th- June 2nd at BC. This will be our second time staying there and we are SO excited!!

:wave2:

I'll add you to the list. I see you are squeaking in a trip before the summer crowds descend.

Hello everyone,

We just booked our trip to WDW for May and will be doing a split stay with 2 nights at POR and 5 nights at BC. This thread has been super helpful in making our decisions. This trip will be only the second time we have stayed on site and first time for a deluxe resort. With the specials I found I couldnt pass up the opportunity to be so close to Epcot and HS and right at the Boardwalk too! I honestly never imagined we would ever splurge on a deluxe but I think with three little kids the convenience is going to be well worth it.

I have one question (for now) has anyone had a child do the pirate treasure hunt thing mentioned in resort activities? Just wondering what it entails and how much it costs.

Thanks!

Heather

You are going to ADORE the convenience of being so close to two resorts!

I'll add you to the Guest List.

:cheer2:

If I'd like to make request for my room, do I contact BC directly or do I call just talk to WDW?

We'd like to request a daybed.

I quickly scrolled through the Guest List- I didn't see you there. If you would like to be added, let us know the dates of your trip and which resort.

:yay:

I just had to chime in and thank Dee and Teena and Pixarmom and everyone else for all the fabulous info and pics on this thread. We are still in the planning stages of an Oct 5-12 trip this year...first time to BC. After staying DVC at SSR or AKV and at POFQ over the past several years, I am now trying to learn everthing about a new resort!!!!:scratchin

Glad to have you aboard!

I'll add you to the list.

:cool1:

Thanks so much!

:woohoo:

I'm thrilled you will be returning! I"ll add you to the list.

Well you've come to the right place! I'm new, so I'm not the advice-giver for resort rooms, however, I have grown to love this board in a short time. Everyone here is friendly, knowledgable and will give you some GREAT information to find what suits you. Also, Page 1 of this thread has a plethora of information with pictures etc, that might help you decided what you want too......

Just wanted to say thanks for the kind words about the thread. I see you enjoyed the koolaid we hand out at the beginning of your visit here!

I am wondering if we will love the Beach Club enough to stay there in November too!:goodvibes When does the lobby get decorated?? We may be there too early for it. The dates are currently Nov 16 - 21. Thanks!:)

The answer is maybe. Probably?

Repost tomorrow so Teena can see this again. I believe the resorts are decorated starting in early November and the order is determined by lottery. Not sure what the latest start date, but I'm pretty sure all of the resorts are decorated by Thanksgiving.

Anyone know if this is true?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter