2012/2013 Beach and Yacht FAQ- Closing Soon- New Thread Started- Don't Post Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know where I can find a list of offering in the CL lounge? I know there is a thread with pictures, I just can find it. I looked at the pics at the beginning of this thread which are great. But I could swear I saw a whole thread here on the dis just about BC CL. It's really starting to make me :scared:Now lol. When here were toying with WL, I researched their CL and they had pics of menus on the wall. Needless to say WL did not last long as our next resort to try out. Lol I just want a better understanding of the offering before I decide if it is worth the extra $$.

If I can just make a decision on our dates and CL or not we can book already. I keep going back and forth I think my mother might kill me soon if I don't make a choice.

Welcome Home Everyone

beachclubday3a016-2.jpg

Love it! :thumbsup2

Sad to say we are leaving for the airport in less than an hour. We have had a wonderful 11 days here at YC. The weather has been near perfect. And we have had a great room with great view. Hope to be back this time next year!

Aww, the saddest day. We are looking forward to 12 nights at YC next August! So glad to hear you liked it :goodvibes

Morning, everyone! We're on our way to Hollywood Studios, via the Friendship Boat. Yesterday's quick recap: we had a wonderful day at MK! We got there at rope drop, rode Dumbo and the Great Goofini (actually rode it twice in a row without having to get out...that's how uncrowded it was at opening!). Had lunch at Be Our Guest. Lunch was good, but dessert was fantastic! They told us they use the desserts for both the QS lunch and TS dinner, so that explains why they were SO awesome for a quick service meal.

Crowds have been very low. The longest we have had to wait was 30 minutes for Enchanted Tales with Belle and Arial's ride. When I get to a real computer, I'll have to tell you the story of our experience with Enchanted Tales with Belle. ;)

We had dinner at Via Napoli, which unfortunately did not go so well, but whatever...we will have many other dinners this week. And hey, we're still at Disney!!!

I haven't had a chance to figure out how to post pictures to the board yet, but I hope to have a chance to do the research soon! Happy day, all!

Awesome!! I'm planning on lunch at Be Our Guest in January, I'll be sure to have a dessert :goodvibes

Could someone confirm if there is wi-fi in guest rooms at the YC? I know they've been adding wi-fi access but I wasn't sure how far along the project was. Thank you!

Yes, I believe all WDW resorts have wifi now.

Online check-in or regular check-in?

We will be arriving around 7 pm this Friday do you think it will be a long wait? I want to make sure we have a daybed since we are a party of five and my only request is a full balcony. So should I wait to check-in at the hotel or would I be in for a long wait in line?

The patent answer on here is to not do the online checkin. That way you can ask before the keys are cut if your room has the full balcony. If not then you can ask if one is available (with the daybed) or will be available during your stay.

Posted this last night and it seems to have vanished. We just booked Feb.2-9 BC CL for my little ones bday. He will turn 7 that week. Some of you know we were there 3 weeks ago and on our second day my MIL passed away and we had to head home. Since we got home our little one has been asking when we could return. We told the kids maybe next November but the 6 year old is having such a hard time processing his grandmothers death that we thought returning to "finish" his dream trip may help. We will surprise the kids with the trip Christmas morning. Any ideas for making this trip extra special for them or for the surprise announcement? I made an ADR for yachtsman for his birthday because he LOVES that place ( he is NOT into character meals at all, we found that out after chef mickeys and tusker house this last trip). He kept telling us that the characters were messing up his meal, for pictures---lol.

I have not done this but know several on here have so dragging this forward for an answer.

Could someone confirm if there is wi-fi in guest rooms at the YC? I know they've been adding wi-fi access but I wasn't sure how far along the project was. Thank you!

Yes. Each room has Wi-Fi but different reports on how good it works.

Hi all!

Two exciting things....

1. We are booked for April 2013. Sadly we won't be at the BC, but we have 9 nights booked in a Royal Guest room at POR. I can't wait to take DP's nephew (9yo), who's never been! It's been a while since I've seen WDW through a child 1st timer's eyes! Never fear though, DP and I agree that the next time we go on a solo trip...it'll be BC all the way!

2. I (finally) uploaded all my pics of the VP Nantucket Suite we were magically upgraded to in August! I put them on the thread for the BC Deluxe Rooms and Suites. Here's the link....enjoy!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2872514

Miss you guys!!! And you better come visit while you are there in April!!

Teena, you have NO idea how much we miss you! We will stop by without a doubt, but be prepared. I may throw myself at your feet and beg for a room. Just sayin.....
Remember this pic?
8965B3DE-954A-4D43-8CA2-CFF9C246C813-10538-00000DA55EAF88EE.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Does anyone know where I can find a list of offering in the CL lounge? I know there is a thread with pictures, I just can find it. I looked at the pics at the beginning of this thread which are great. But I could swear I saw a whole thread here on the dis just about BC CL. It's really starting to make me :scared:Now lol. When here were toying with WL, I researched their CL and they had pics of menus on the wall. Needless to say WL did not last long as our next resort to try out. Lol I just want a better understanding of the offering before I decide if it is worth the extra $$.

If I can just make a decision on our dates and CL or not we can book already. I keep going back and forth I think my mother might kill me soon if I don't make a choice.

Bumping this too...we're trying to decide on BC, BC-CL or BC-CL/WL-CL split stay. The WL information lists daily menus of the evening apps...haven't seen anything like that for BC/YC. HELP!

I agree I want more info....the thread on the WL CL has pic, menus lots of info. I am just to much of a over planner. All the pics I have seen of BC CL it just doesn't seem like it has as many offering as other CL. It could really be just the pics I am on a mad hunt for more info.

I really want to do it..... My husband will go along with whatever but my other over planners, my mom, I really need to convince its worth the extra $$

I'm also wondering if I have a better chance of getting a full balcony if I don't do it. I really, really want a full balcony. I know I have a better chance at YC but I like the location of BC better and the market place is there too.

Hi! I am already on the Be Our Guest List but I now have my dates and I am booked because we reached our 7 month window.

BCV - 1 bedroom - June 16-22, 2013

Then, move to BLT - June 22-28, 2013

So excited about staying at BCV. We love the area.

Thank you :goodvibes

I'll adjust your dates.

:cool1:

Posted this last night and it seems to have vanished. We just booked Feb.2-9 BC CL for my little ones bday. He will turn 7 that week. Some of you know we were there 3 weeks ago and on our second day my MIL passed away and we had to head home. Since we got home our little one has been asking when we could return. We told the kids maybe next November but the 6 year old is having such a hard time processing his grandmothers death that we thought returning to "finish" his dream trip may help. We will surprise the kids with the trip Christmas morning. Any ideas for making this trip extra special for them or for the surprise announcement? I made an ADR for yachtsman for his birthday because he LOVES that place ( he is NOT into character meals at all, we found that out after chef mickeys and tusker house this last trip). He kept telling us that the characters were messing up his meal, for pictures---lol.

Glad that you have made plans to come back and finish your trip. Early Feb will be a good time to avoid the crowds, I think.

I'll add your dates to the list.

:woohoo:

Hopefully, some of our posters will have suggestions for making the trip special. A few of our friends here have done custom in-room celebrations with the help of IPO.

Hi all!

Two exciting things....

1. We are booked for April 2013. Sadly we won't be at the BC, but we have 9 nights booked in a Royal Guest room at POR. I can't wait to take DP's nephew (9yo), who's never been! It's been a while since I've seen WDW through a child 1st timer's eyes! Never fear though, DP and I agree that the next time we go on a solo trip...it'll be BC all the way!

2. I (finally) uploaded all my pics of the VP Nantucket Suite we were magically upgraded to in August! I put them on the thread for the BC Deluxe Rooms and Suites. Here's the link....enjoy!

Great minds think alike! I finally added the pictures you had sent to me to that thread. When I get a chance, I'll add the others you posted to the Nantucket Suite page.

Bumping this too...we're trying to decide on BC, BC-CL or BC-CL/WL-CL split stay. The WL information lists daily menus of the evening apps...haven't seen anything like that for BC/YC. HELP!

I'm not aware of a menu listing for CL offerings at the BC or YC. There may be a set schedule of the evening appetizers, but I haven't seen it.

A lot of the pictures on the first page are from my trip in 2010, so they are getting a bit "stale"

If someone is staying CL in the next month or so, please take pictures if you are able and/or ask the CMs if there is a set schedule of menu items.

Thanks!

I am stuck at my son's middle school most of this week for a book fair. I'll have my computer, but only access to the internet through my phone, so I won't be able to get a lot of updating done in the next few days.

Which is a shame, because Missyrose send me a CD of some fabulous pictures from her stay with her fiance Franklin in early October. I'll be adding those to Page 1 when I get a chance.

I also have pictures from Jenseib and StephH with their adventures with Flat Ben, so stay tuned.

Have a great day everyone!

Dee

Good morning, everyone! It's a great day at Walt Disneyworld!! (Sorry, I know you all probably hate me for that, but It really has been magical so far! :) )

We spent yesterday at Hollywood Studios. I ran ahead to get Toy Story Mania passes as soon as we walked in at rope drop. Then we did Star Tours...the boys did it once while I was at Toy Story, then we all did it when I got there. It was my first time...I ended up being a Rebel Spy or something, with my picture up on the screen. Lol!

I was also thrilled that the boys got a chance to do Jedi Training. It was fun to watch and I was able to video it.

We did lots of fun rides (though I did NOT enjoy Rockin' Roller coaster...but hen again, I'm a wimp), saw the Osborne family lights, then we headed to Fort Wilderness for Hoop Dee Doo. We got there WAY early, so we browsed the gift shop and my DH found a Univ of Michigan Mickey pin...he was thrilled! We've been looking for a Detroit Tigers pin, since we've seen so many other baseball teams, but none yet. :(

Hoop Dee Doo was fabulous, of course...loved seeing my kids smiles! And an added bonus was that, when it was over, they had buses to take us directly to Yacht Club. My sister-in-law (my travel agent), had indicated that it would require numerous bus transfers to get back, so that was a pleasant surprise!

We're back at MK today...looking forward to leisurely enjoying the sights and sounds today since we've already hit most of the rides.

If someone is staying CL in the next month or so, please take pictures if you are able and/or ask the CMs if there is a set schedule of menu items.

Thanks!

I have taken pictures of the offerings I've seen, tough we haven't been there for all of them (we haven't hit desserts yet, sadly). I'll post when I can.

Oh, my box of Michigan themed stuff did arrive yesterday and I presented it to Robin and Betty this morning. They seemed very happy. :)

Happy day, all!

We've been looking for a Detroit Tigers pin, since we've seen so many other baseball teams, but none yet. :(

Glad you're having a great time! FYI-if you don't find a Tigers pin at WDW, they sell the Mickey Detroit Tigers pins at the Comerica Park gift shops :)

Hi all!

Two exciting things....

Thanks for posting the pics and U Tube video. We were at BC Aug 2011, and were at the end of the hall, and the Nantucket Suite was right there, I was always dying of curiosity to see what it looked like!!

Good morning, everyone! It's a great day at Walt Disneyworld!! (Sorry, I know you all probably hate me for that, but It really has been magical so far! :) )

We spent yesterday at Hollywood Studios. I ran ahead to get Toy Story Mania passes as soon as we walked in at rope drop. Then we did Star Tours...the boys did it once while I was at Toy Story, then we all did it when I got there. It was my first time...I ended up being a Rebel Spy or something, with my picture up on the screen. Lol!

I was also thrilled that the boys got a chance to do Jedi Training. It was fun to watch and I was able to video it.

We did lots of fun rides (though I did NOT enjoy Rockin' Roller coaster...but hen again, I'm a wimp), saw the Osborne family lights, then we headed to Fort Wilderness for Hoop Dee Doo. We got there WAY early, so we browsed the gift shop and my DH found a Univ of Michigan Mickey pin...he was thrilled! We've been looking for a Detroit Tigers pin, since we've seen so many other baseball teams, but none yet. :(

Hoop Dee Doo was fabulous, of course...loved seeing my kids smiles! And an added bonus was that, when it was over, they had buses to take us directly to Yacht Club. My sister-in-law (my travel agent), had indicated that it would require numerous bus transfers to get back, so that was a pleasant surprise!

We're back at MK today...looking forward to leisurely enjoying the sights and sounds today since we've already hit most of the rides.

I have taken pictures of the offerings I've seen, tough we haven't been there for all of them (we haven't hit desserts yet, sadly). I'll post when I can.

Oh, my box of Michigan themed stuff did arrive yesterday and I presented it to Robin and Betty this morning. They seemed very happy. :)

Happy day, all!

Well maybe not hate you exactly, :rotfl: but def wildly jealous! I love the new Star Tours. One EMH night I rode it 5 times, till I got the water scene!

I think we decided finally!:worship: We are going to go for it! I talked my mom into CL :woohoo: for the price it is totally worth it! As soon as Xmas is over we r booking our dates! I can't wait for the count down to beginning!

BC is my dream resort, my little ones are going to love the pool!

[\QUOTE]Yes. Each room has Wi-Fi but different reports on how good it works.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your help! :)

Yes. Each room has Wi-Fi but different reports on how good it works.

Well, I'm here at the Yacht Club, and I couldn't get it to work. :( It says it was available and I tried to connect, but I never got it to connect. My Verizon service is far superior (though obviously more expensive!).

Well, I'm here at the Yacht Club, and I couldn't get it to work. :( It says it was available and I tried to connect, but I never got it to connect. My Verizon service is far superior (though obviously more expensive!).

Remember to mention that on your survey you'll get a week or two after you get home!!

TeenaS said:
Remember to mention that on your survey you'll get a week or two after you get home!!

That's what I did. In August, we stayed at BC and BWI and the Wi-Fi wasn't great at either place. I'm sure it just needs some tweaking.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

LOVE Hoop Dee Doo! And, that's great about the trip back. Last time we were there (a few years ago) we didn't want to wait in the line for the boat to MK, so we decided to try and take a bus. I think we walked to an internal bus stop, waited 20 or so minutes, then got on a bus to a park, then hopped on the bus back to our resort (CS). It took all night - or at least it felt like it. We had all had some sangria at dinner, so as that wore off during our long trek home, we were cranky and tired. :headache:

Sorry, don't know why my quoting didn't work! I swear I know how to do this! LOL

We've been here @ YC since fri. and the wifi is not very reliable. I'm using my Verizon connection and my son his ATT rather than bothering w/ the wifi. The lobby seems to be a bit better than the room for wifi, tho'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter