2012/2013 Beach and Yacht FAQ- Closing Soon- New Thread Started- Don't Post Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning, everyone!! Hope all are well. We are doing great here at YC. Yesterday was Magic Kingdom all day, where we rode lots of rides that we hadn't gotten to on Sunday. Lots of fun! Barnstormer, Thunder Mountain Railroad, Peter Pan, Splash Mountain, and the little one and I did the Carousel of Progress while the older one and DH did...um, is it Space Mountain that's the big rollercoaster in Tomorrow Land? Ha ha, I can NOT keep them straight! ;)

We were supposed to do Epcot in the afternoon, but the kids wanted to stay at MK so we did, secure with the knowledge that we could walk there this morning at rope drop. LOVE that perk of staying at Yacht/Beach! We went back to the room around 4pm so the kids could unwind and watch a movie. Then, we met up with a lifelong friend of mine who happens to work here at Disney, and then we went to Chef's de France and had a WONDERFUL dinner. Kevine was wonderful...so personable and fun. :)

Sadly, I just can't figure out to get the direct links to pictures so I can add them directly to a post, but I did at least get some uploaded to flickr for folks to view.

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjD6kFem

That's public, so you should all be able to see them. Just a few of the room and our view. Oh, and our picture with the lovely Teena that we got to see on Sunday! What a treat!!

Off to Epcot, where I am hoping and praying I will be able to find a REAL cup of cappuccino in Italy. (Coffee-aholic, yes I am. ;) )

If anyone has anything they would like me to check on while I'm here, just post and I'll do my best! I'm getting pictures of the CL offerings as I can. Hoping to get to cordials and desserts tonight!

Good morning, everyone!! Hope all are well. We are doing great here at YC. Yesterday was Magic Kingdom all day, where we rode lots of rides that we hadn't gotten to on Sunday. Lots of fun! Barnstormer, Thunder Mountain Railroad, Peter Pan, Splash Mountain, and the little one and I did the Carousel of Progress while the older one and DH did...um, is it Space Mountain that's the big rollercoaster in Tomorrow Land? Ha ha, I can NOT keep them straight! ;)

We were supposed to do Epcot in the afternoon, but the kids wanted to stay at MK so we did, secure with the knowledge that we could walk there this morning at rope drop. LOVE that perk of staying at Yacht/Beach! We went back to the room around 4pm so the kids could unwind and watch a movie. Then, we met up with a lifelong friend of mine who happens to work here at Disney, and then we went to Chef's de France and had a WONDERFUL dinner. Kevine was wonderful...so personable and fun. :)

Sadly, I just can't figure out to get the direct links to pictures so I can add them directly to a post, but I did at least get some uploaded to flickr for folks to view.

That's public, so you should all be able to see them. Just a few of the room and our view. Oh, and our picture with the lovely Teena that we got to see on Sunday! What a treat!!

Off to Epcot, where I am hoping and praying I will be able to find a REAL cup of cappuccino in Italy. (Coffee-aholic, yes I am. ;) )

If anyone has anything they would like me to check on while I'm here, just post and I'll do my best! I'm getting pictures of the CL offerings as I can. Hoping to get to cordials and desserts tonight!

So glad you are enjoying your vacation. It was such a pleasure to meet you!!!!

Teena, you have NO idea how much we miss you! We will stop by without a doubt, but be prepared. I may throw myself at your feet and beg for a room. Just sayin.....
Remember this pic?
8965B3DE-954A-4D43-8CA2-CFF9C246C813-10538-00000DA55EAF88EE.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Great pic!!!

Jay

Great pic!!!

Jay

I had such a good time with them! We met up at the Crews Cup Lounge for burgers after my shift and really had time to chat!!

Speaking of dinner. I got to have dinner at Cape May Cafe Monday night after my shift with some guests and still no ribs. However, the roast beef they were carving was really good. They have changed the Clam Chowder too. They added crab and more bacon to it. They call is Seafood Chowder.

So for those who were asking about Test Track, it's open in a "testing" phase this week and I believe the official opening is tomorrow. We're in line right now, having just designed our vehicle and now on our way to test it out!

You want to find a code for those pictures that have the tag
will be at the end of the link.

You will get a code that looks something like this:
[IMG]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8057/8247354024_3e1e2e61d5_m.jpg[/IMG]

for this image:
8247354024_3e1e2e61d5_m.jpg

You should be able to see a selection of links that you can copy and paste on the Flickr website.

I hope that helps. :)

Thanks for the advice...I'm on an iPhone and iPad and I just can't seem to find the direct URL of the pictures. :sad2: Ah, well...I'll put them in a few posts when I get home. For now, I'll just upload the better ones to the Flickr album.

Thanks!

Steph- What a great view!! It sounds like you're having a terrific trip. How was Test Track? I know the queue is completely different, but I'm wondering if the slipped in an Hidden Mickeys. There were lots of HMs in the old queue and ride, so I hope there are some new ones to discover in the revamp! Enjoy!

After six wonderful nights at the BC, I'm now sitting at my desk at school trying to catch up on tons of grading and getting ready for parent conferences tomorrow. Some highlights of the trip--I met Teena Monday and enjoyed talking with her about our kids. And Teena--I did get to ride Test Track Tuesday morning! We got up and started packing for our departure, then I checked my Touring Plans app. I saw that TT had a 5 minute wait, so I knew it was open! My wonderful DH told me to walk over and ride it, then come back and finish packing (he doesn't ride TT). It was fun! I did the single rider line. FP and single rider lines only have one choice in designing their vehicle, so it's quick. If you want to pick colors, shapes etc, you should go through the regular line. We really enjoyed dinner at Cape May Saturday night (tried to walk up Monday night, but they weren't taking any walk-ins until 7:30), and had a great time at MVMCP with the Dessert Party on Sunday.
Well, back to work!

And it just so happens that my favorite TranSiberian Orchestra song from Osborne Lights just came on the radio!!

Steph- What a great view!! It sounds like you're having a terrific trip. How was Test Track? I know the queue is completely different, but I'm wondering if the slipped in an Hidden Mickeys. There were lots of HMs in the old queue and ride, so I hope there are some new ones to discover in the revamp! Enjoy!

Well, shucks, I never thought to check for hidden Mickeys! We're clearly not a very good Disney family, because we've hardly looked for them. :guilty: Maybe tomorrow!

The ride was good, though. I'll be honest, I'd never ridden it before, so I didn't know what to expect. I was surprised when we went outside...I thought it was all indoors! :rotfl:

Here's a couple of pictures StephH sent to me showing how much fun Flat Ben is having with her boys.

The boys were named "Captains of the Day" at the Yacht Club. Unfortunately, they couldn't find a hat in Flat Ben's size. :rolleyes:

CaptainBen.jpg

Aren't these the cutest Jedis ever???

JediFB.jpg

I think we decided finally!:worship: We are going to go for it! I talked my mom into CL :woohoo: for the price it is totally worth it! As soon as Xmas is over we r booking our dates! I can't wait for the count down to beginning!

BC is my dream resort, my little ones are going to love the pool!

:woohoo:

Let us know when you firm up your dates and I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:goodvibes

I think we decided finally!:worship: We are going to go for it! I talked my mom into CL :woohoo: for the price it is totally worth it! As soon as Xmas is over we r booking our dates! I can't wait for the count down to beginning!

BC is my dream resort, my little ones are going to love the pool!

Excellent decision! Well done. :thumbsup2

Aren't these the cutest Jedis ever???

JediFB.jpg

They are seriously cute boys!

I totally will as soon as we put the deposit down. We just have to make it threw Xmas. Is it sad that I'm more excited over our next trip instead of Xmas.

Does anyone know if all the club level rooms at the Beach Club have full balconies? I was looking at pictures of the exterior and from the looks of it, all the 5th level floor rooms have full balconies? Hmm?

Does anyone know if all the club level rooms at the Beach Club have full balconies? I was looking at pictures of the exterior and from the looks of it, all the 5th level floor rooms have full balconies? Hmm?

Most, but not all, of the CL rooms at the Beach Club have full balconies. All of the rooms currently designated as Garden View CL have full balconies. There are a handful of Standard View and a few Water View rooms on the 5th floor with standing balconies.

I would add "full balcony, please" to your room request.

Also at BC CL I've emailed to ask for a King bed, and they said that it's almost impossible, that I should get 2 queen size only. We booked Standard room from 1/2 to 1/6. What do you think?

Most, but not all, of the CL rooms at the Beach Club have full balconies. All of the rooms currently designated as Garden View CL have full balconies. There are a handful of Standard View and a few Water View rooms on the 5th floor with standing balconies.

I would add "full balcony, please" to your room request.

We booked Garden View CL, so I'm hoping to get it.:thumbsup2 BUT having a balcony standing or full will still be awesome! But of course with my luck, I'll get the only room without a full! No worries though! Just staying at the Beach Club is going to be magical. :goodvibes

Also at BC CL I've emailed to ask for a King bed, and they said that it's almost impossible, that I should get 2 queen size only. We booked Standard room from 1/2 to 1/6. What do you think?

My understanding is that there are very few (like maybe 2-4) club level rooms with a king bed. Although the odds are not great, it still may be worth requesting one- although unlikely based on the small number, there is a chance, so you might as well make your wishes be known.

A request is just a request- there is no way to specifically book or guarantee a room with a king bed, but if you do get one, you can be pleasantly surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter