20050514..May 14, 2005...Official Check in Disney's 1st 14 Day thru Panama Canal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kara

We also visited Iron Horse about 6 months ago. Had a nice chat with the winemaker. He was a very nice guy. We tried to talk him out of a bottle, but it didn't work. We plan to send him a picture of us from Palo with a bottle of Fairy Tale Cuvee after the xmas cruise and probably after the repo cruise as well.

The winery was not at all what we expected. I guess we thought it would be a bigger place, more like Chandon or Mumm's Napa. We went directly there after a 7 hour drive. Needless to say, the wine hit hard since we hadn't even had lunch.

But it was still fun.

Looking forward to Palo and Fairy Tale Cuvee in May - several times on a 14 day cruise!

Ken

I guess I'm not a fairytale fan, or just had it too much at WDW. I prefer Moet. To each their own. If I find it at Disney does nayone want me to send them a bottle or two before they cruise?

Jen

You just said the magic words. Let me know if you find it and how much it is and then we'll talk. :scratchin

Ken

Wow, Jen - that sounds like a real good time!!!

I haven't tried the Fairy Tale Cuvee. Is it sweet and dry? That's the way I like it!! :)

Kara, I did get your PM...I will respond... :) :crazy:

Jindy, thanks for asking. Aimee is okay, and FSU got minimal damage. I'm not sure yet about the house. I am flying down October 7th, and hope to get the ball rolling. They say that after I make the deposits, it is 9 months to build, then the closing. This of course can change either way, according to the contract per Florida State laws they can take up to 2 years! So if we are on track, we are looking at an early July closing. So....I still patiently wait for Jet Blue to open up their bookings for late May so I can book my air from New York.

I am also now very curious about this fairy tale curvee?

Interesting about the cruise being at capacity. Good luck with this Jindy.

How about all the talk of paying the balance at 90 days and being able to book excursions at that time? Does this mean we will know about the excurions in February? :teeth:

Robin

The fairytale cuvee is sweet and dry, a bit to dry for me. We had it last at Victoria and Alberts over my birthday the newer vintage is better than the previous years....

Hmm, I like sweet and dry...I might have to try that, Jen. But I also really like Moet - so I wonder if it will be to dry for me as well? Well, I guess there's no way of knowing unless I try it. You might have to count me in on wanting a bottle of that. I might get thirsty on the days at sea ;) :drinking:

DD saw an *evil girl pirate* (for lack of a better description) costume at the Halloween shop last weekend that really liked. I hope she settles on that one because I can probably get some use out of it again next year on the cruise! pirate: Maybe I can be the *evil wench mother*. Is there a costume for that? :laughing:

Evil Wench mother? I'm sure there's something you can throw together for a Joan Crawford look.... And if anyone is to young to know what I'm talking about, please don't tell me

Peter you're older than me, you should know about Joan Crawford... Mommie Dearest....

Ok the Pop Century food court has Fairytale Cuvee for $28 a bottle.....

Okay I've counted about 10 people who have bowed out of the other repo cruise... have we lost anyone from ours???

<center>O.K., I see this thread has gone to the dogs!

<marquee behavior="alternate" scrolldelay="125">:earsboy:<font size="3" color=red> We Can't Wait For Our 14 Day Disney Panama Canal Cruise </font>:earsgirl:</marquee></center>

Oh man!

Now I need to become more computer literate so I can add my beagle too! This should be called the Beagle brigade!!!

Peter, "NO MORE WIRE HANGERS" is a line from the movie Mommy Dearest . It's a classic scene from the movie about Joan Crawford and her alleged abusive behavior. Jen seems to think I'd make a GREAT Joan Crawford for Halloween. JUST KIDDING! :laughing: :crazy2: :rotfl:

Jen I don't think anyone has dropped from our cruise. It seems our sailing is pretty *charmed* :wizard: - which is fantastic!!! Although I won't lie - I am kind of keeping my fingers crossed that at least 1 of the 2000 or so people who've booked will decide not to go so I can squeeze my mom into our stateroom. :crowded:

Jen I will definitely give the Fairy Tale a try at that price. It will be nice to celebrate once onboard. Hopefully everything will work out and I'll be able to buy the bottle at pop myself ;) . If not I will put in an order with you whenever you are going to get those...

Have a nice weekend everyone! :sunny:

I think I did it! :jumping3: :
I can't believe how computer literate I've become from visiting the Dis boards...thanks everyone for your help!
Went to Disney Store today to pick up Disney dollars & manager said that $$ cannot be used on cruise. I know I have read here several times that other people have done this. I have sent email to DCL to clarify this. I hope so b/c DS wants his allowance in Disney $$.
Michelle

You did it Michelle! :hyper: I am sure someone here will answer your question about Disney Dollars. I *think* you just have to apply them to your stateroom. I am just not sure if you do that onboard or at the port during check-in. But I am sure there is way; that way he can continue to save the Disney Dollars.

Originally posted by JenKatt
Okay I've counted about 10 people who have bowed out of the other repo cruise... have we lost anyone from ours???

We're still on board...I'm reading those darn books...Jeez why not something more cheerful?

Cash is learning to read basic commands....

Lynda, do you know yet if DCL was able to accomodate you and Cash with a verandah (I think that's what you were waiting for) for the repo cruise or are you still waiting on that info?

I see I will have to post the proud Malamutes when I get home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter