20050514..May 14, 2005...Official Check in Disney's 1st 14 Day thru Panama Canal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I Know this Much is True isn't a happy go lucky book, but it is an ambracing read. It's hard not to get sucked up into the insanity of Dominic and Thomas' world....

Hi Jen

I just saw your post about the Fairy Tale Cuvee. Here is a silly question for you. Were all the bottles already chilled or were some still at room temp? I know it's a dumb question but I've always heard that your should never chill a bottle of wine and then let it warm up again.

Ken

Judi and I are still booked for the cruise and plan to go. Mid-March should be the point were we lose the most people - right? That's when the final payment is due. Let's see - should I pay my tax bill, or the cruise bill?

We Are Going...

Think of it this Way , Taxes in Jan.. Refund in Feb..
Final payment in March....lol

Peter

Might even try to upgrade.... Jen is Realllllly Dreading the inside stateroom for this Trip....
Since we have verandah in couple of weeks

And Hoping over to the Cat 2 is nice But
still there is something to Be said to having room Service
Bring Breakfast To The room on Verandah....

Fresh Fruit , pastry and Coffee Just TASTES Better on the Verandah

Peter

JIN & JEN must have lived a Shelter childhood as I know the Movie and Have only Seen Bits and Pieces

Time to Change the picture of the pups Jen got a good one the other Day..

one other thing Memory Cards on Ebay
Should i Get the 256mbs we have Kodak cx6330
Why buy it at Target if u Can Get it on Ebay.. I think for half of the price

About Disney dollars.....DCL will take just about anything at guest services to pay your bill. They take cash, travelers checks, Disney dollars, personal checks, credit cards....what else is there...probably not IOUs.

Cap, my suggestion is to budget so you can pay both your cruise bill AND your tax bill. I'm not sure we would be able to take up much of a collection for you when your house is being lost right after the cruise!! :cool: Besides, the govt isnt' gonna be too concerned, either!! ;)

Good morning, everyone! I think I'm back from my awful week. Worked my butt off at work, and had a root canal right in the middle of it! When I woke up after 13 hours, I almost feel human again!

I was wondering about people dropping from our cruise also. The other cruise has definitely had some problems. If only financial reasons were their only problem! Very sad!

Lynda, good luck with the verandah room. It seems to be feast or famine with the handicap rooms, either you can't get one months ahead, or they assign them to anyone a couple weeks ahead.

Kelli

Hi everyone!:wave2:

Hope everyone is having a nice Saturday. Good day here to watch a DVD or housework as we are having remnants of Ivan. Also will be a good day to get some of the book read. So far I really enjoy the book, yes depressing as it is, but my crazy life doesn't allow much time for reading.

DCL will also accept the point dollars from the Bank One Disney Visa. I used this card for my cruise in February and ended up with a nice amount to put on my shipboard account.

Peter, I've have been thinking about getting a digital camera myself (a birthday present to myself next month) and am looking at the Kodak DX6490. How long have you had your Kodak and are you happy with it? I love the pics on your picture share site! Do you have the easyshare dock? That option is the selling point for me on the Kodak, since I am a dummy when it comes to computers. Good luck to you getting the veranda....I'm too spoiled by the veranda, never have had an inside stateroom, and I don't think I would care for it. I just love having my coffee in the morning out there!

There is no way I will be cancelling this cruise! Even if my company does not give us the Christmas bonus I am counting on to pay for it, I will do what it takes to get the funds for this cruise. Even if I have to be a Walmart door greeter at night and on weekends!:(

I remember Mommy Dearest, but haven't seen it is so many years, I don't remember the hanger part? Great movie!

Robin

We have a Kodak also. Works fine.

If you are going to get an extra SD card for it, get the biggest one you can afford. If you get a small one now, you will probably want a bigger one later.

Ken

Originally posted by moocow35
Hi everyone!:wave2:

Peter, I've have been thinking about getting a digital camera myself (a birthday present to myself next month) and am looking at the Kodak DX6490. How long have you had your Kodak and are you happy with it? I love the pics on your picture share site! Do you have the easyshare dock? That option is the selling point for me on the Kodak, since I am a dummy when it comes to computers.

Robin

We love our Camera Great For every day use...
Vacations and all.. Yes we have the dock if u get the Dock it Come with Rechargable battery and makes it Easy to Just set on dock to recharge ... however do not use the Dock to Send pictures to the pc.. just plug usb cord into pc and then into Camera.. it detects it and downloads it automaticly...
Simple..................... but dock Does Same Thing

just got use to Doing it the other Way..

Have found out that memory cards Do Not Come with the Camera
But u Can get off Of Ebay For about half price as u Would pay At Target...

Walmart is not our favorite place in The world ...

and Would Not like u to Take a posistion With them......LOL

It is a Union Thing.... lol however Jen Has Been Asked Not To Shop With them.... Still Do once in a while...

Seems the Unions in this Area are Banning Together to Get a hold
on The Walmart chain..... Being A Member of the I.u.o.e
I Say Go For it...

Thanks!

I have been doing a lot of research, and according to consumer reports online, it is near the best. However one could go crazy looking at all the review sites, some like it, some hate it? I really like the 10X digital zoom, I think that will be nice for going through the canal. I've narrowed my choices to Kodak DX6490, Canon Powershot S1 IS, Fuji Finepix S5000, or Olympus Camedia C740 Ultra zoom. Anyone else have opinions? Oh well, I have a month to decide. :confused:

Don't worry, that was a joke about working at Walmart. I did once attempt to apply for a part time job there, and halfway through filling out the application, I walked out. They have this archaic computer for online applications, right in the middle of the layaway department! I could not believe the mentality of the questions I was being asked: "When was the last time you did drugs at work?" "How many times have you stole from your previous employer?" See why I walked out?:crazy:

Robin

Everything I've read about digital zoom seems to point to a big loss of picture quality when the digital zoom kicks in. I've always heard that you should shop for the most optical zoom you want or can afford and not count on the digital zoom. I really haven't done any testing with my camera to prove this, but it's what I've read.

Anybody have much experience with digital zoom?

Ken

Ken,

My mistake, I had the two confused! They all have 10X optical zoom. (just double checked) Yes, I have heard the same thing as you, digital zoom is not a good thing. Thanks for correcting me!

Oh and the Kodak I am looking at also has 4 megapixels. I have played with the 10X optical zoom in the stores and it brings something across the store into your face!

Robin

FYI

Optical Zoom

Magnifies the image using a real multifocal-length lens, whereas a digital zoom uses electronics to enlarge the center portion of the image using interpolation. Some cameras have both optical and digital zoom. The optical-zoom range is what really matters; image quality decreases the further one goes into the digital-zoom range. The magnification ratio available for optical zoom is expressed by a value such as 2x or 3x. A 2x optical zoom with a minimum focal length of 7 mm would have a maximum focal length of 14 mm.

Robin

Robin

We have the Kodak 6440. Had it for about a year now. Got it on Ebay. Saved a few bucks. I also agree with Peter, Ebay is a good place to buy the SD cards. Since the new 1 GIG cards are now out, the price on the 512 MB cards are going down and the 256 are very low now compared to 6 months ago. Bigger is better on the cards. Those pictures can take up lots of space.

Ken

I have a Minolta DX. It fits in a shirt pocket. I love the outside pictures it takes, but nothing in low light is any good. I have heard this is a regular problem with small digitals.

Anyone have a small digital that does good with inside pictures?

Sandra,

With all my recent research, that seems to be a problem with just about all digital cameras. I currently have the Minolta Maxxum 5 SLR and love it! But I am ready for a digital also! If I bring my digital camcorder also on our cruise I won't have enough hands.

Robin

Good news: I got my flights into MCO to arrive at 4:00 pm on Friday! And, I got the MCO Hyatt -- both for FREE! I am very excited about all that.

Bad news: Delta changed the schedule of the flight out of SNA on May 28 to 11:15 am. It was originally scheduled for 1:05; then moved to 11:54 am. Now, 11:15. I'm sure I don't want to take the chance and miss it.

So, my next choices are to take a red-eye out of LAX. If so, what to do all day?

Or, take a 4:30 pm out of SNA. If so, what to do?

Well, I did look again. Looks like they added flights out of LAX. I can leave at 1:45 pm then. I'm sure I'll probably do that.

What is 'DCA' you guys have talked about? Worth going? If so, which airport is closest and how long would I spend at DCA.

Thanks.

Robin, I have been thinking of getting a new camcorder that takes still shots using the same SD card as my camera. I wonder if I would be happy with that solution for nights and insides.

I looked at a couple and they are in the $400 range -- not too bad for the small camcorder and still shots together.

Sandra,

I have the Panasonic mini DV digital with the still option, but never use that. It also does not take the card, I got it about 3 years ago, and the program that came with it is not compatible with XP that I have now, so I can't download to my computer. Don't get me wrong, I love my camcorder, but still use the SLR for stills. If you get one, definately go for the extended life battery!

Robin

Yes, its me, the unofficial cruise director, back on board. I'd like to make a couple notes for everyone. First, feel free to peruse the website at http://www.tiggerfan.net/canal

If your name is not listed or info needs to be updated and it isn't there now, please let me know at the following e-mail address -> monorailpilot@gmail.com

I'm getting way to much spam at my old e-mail address and its just difficult to find e-mails from so many people I don't know in there.

Second, If there is anything else that is critical that I've missed, let me know. The door designs and the tshirt designs are still in the same spot, and I'll have them added to the links page in just a few minutes. Thanks again for your patience with me, its been a busy few weeks down here weather and work wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter