20050514..May 14, 2005...Official Check in Disney's 1st 14 Day thru Panama Canal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All Just Stopping By As we Get Ready For our Cruise in 10
Days and I know the Girl Who Calls Her Self Jeff and Jen

Must Be Geting Excited For Her Cruise Also...

Jin We Went To StarBucks Yesterday.... Got that Carmel Mac Venti Breve xtra carmel .. and a pound of Coffee For home Brewing

some thing U just have To Have But we have not be Going there Nearly as Much As we use To...

Peter

Originally posted by Hygiene99

Jin We Went To StarBucks Yesterday.... Got that Carmel Mac Venti Breve xtra carmel

I think that means he had coffee, but I can't really be sure. What happened to the good ol days when coffee was coffee, a large was the largest size (not the smallest) and it didn't cost $4 a cup, it was 50 cents and you got all you wanted for that.

Course I don't drink the stuff so it really doesn't matter to me ;)

Originally posted by Tigfanjeff
I think that means he had coffee, but I can't really be sure. What happened to the good ol days when coffee was coffee, a large was the largest size (not the smallest) and it didn't cost $4 a cup, it was 50 cents and you got all you wanted for that.

Course I don't drink the stuff so it really doesn't matter to me ;)

I think the rate of inflation on coffee is greater than that for gasoline.

For those of you in Florida, are they also bringing in emergency supplies of Starbucks coffee, in addition to lumber, gas, water, etc.? ;)

PETER!!! I am laughing hard at your Starbucks comment because the past 2 weeks I have been going off and on. Ever since school started up again, I am having a hard time squeezing in breakfast, so I've been having a grande iced caramel ralph machio (SINGLE shot or i'll have a heart attack). this morning the weather was finally cool enough so i ordered a hot one instead of an iced one... but it's supposed to be up in the 90s again on wednesday. yuk! guess i'll be going backed to iced...

glad to see you back, jeff! :wave:

Originally posted by jin diesel
grande iced caramel ralph machio (SINGLE shot or i'll have a heart attack).
glad to see you back, jeff! :wave:

Its good to be back. I'm assuming that the above is some type of beverage and not a secret code word ordering your minions to purchase all available hotel rooms at Disneyland during our stay right ;)

Seriously, jen's a coffee person but I have no idea how people drink the stuff. Give me tea or hot chocolate any day but to each their own.

Its good to be back. Had one additional update to our list (A picture) and a lot of updates to my 10/9 cruise list. At least it won't be a mirror image of my last cruise since now we're going to Costa Maya instead of Grand Cayman. I feel bad for those folks, but just as it is here in Florida, its the price you pay for living where you do. At least you can see hurricanes coming which is far better then tornados or earthquakes (IMHO)

Originally posted by moocow35
FYI

Optical Zoom

Magnifies the image using a real multifocal-length lens, whereas a digital zoom uses electronics to enlarge the center portion of the image using interpolation. Some cameras have both optical and digital zoom. The optical-zoom range is what really matters; image quality decreases the further one goes into the digital-zoom range. The magnification ratio available for optical zoom is expressed by a value such as 2x or 3x. A 2x optical zoom with a minimum focal length of 7 mm would have a maximum focal length of 14 mm.

Robin

Great explanation. BTW, There is nothing a digital zoom does that can't be done better with even a cheap graphics editor.

Hello all! I'm baaaaa.............ccccckkkkkkkk!!!!

It has been a crazy week. Then on Sunday when I went online and figured I'd get caught up on the posts, power went out at 2:30 p.m. and didnt' come back til 3 a.m. Monday morning. I can feel for everyone with the hurricanes, hope everyone is okay.

On cameras, here is my two cents worth.......................

we bought the Canon Digital Rebel last Christmas ($1000) it is 6.2 megapixels. We also bought zoom lens. We just love this camera. We have already taken over 7000 pictures and downloaded them. The battery lasts forever. The cards are really coming down in price, saw them in Costco a couple of weeks ago for around $60 bucks for the 256 I think. We have a 512, a 256, about 3 128's. I will buy another 512 before the Xmas Cruise this year. The best thing I love about this camera is that it has a sports mode and since the DD dances all the time I can hold down the shutter and take 5-7 pictures in a row and they do not come out blurry. And printing out 8 x 10's is great, the quality is tremendous. On the 512 card I can take over 300 pictures on the best quality setting on the camera. Anyway, that is my two cents...................

Besides that, getting ready to pay off the Xmas Cruise and get excursions booked and then that means the PC is getting even closer. Had a cousin that was interested in a 7 day out of Calif. next year, went in a checked for her and the only two available were May 28 and June 4, everything else is sold out right now. For four people, category 11, 2 adults, children 10 and 12, the cost was $5,800! She said, way too much, will wait til ship goes back to Florida!

Okay, nothing else much new. Thanks Jeff for all the info on the site.

Have a great day!

Linda

:jester:

Has anyone spoken with DCL about one-way transfers from Ca port to LAX?

I think I'm going to do this. Any idea how much they will be?

Originally posted by Tigfanjeff
Its good to be back. I'm assuming that the above is some type of beverage and not a secret code word ordering your minions to purchase all available hotel rooms at Disneyland

We have Been Able To Secure A Room At The Grand Califorian ..

But Sorry Jeff As I Do not Believe there are any others left...

Hi Guys, well here we are at MCO waiting to leave for home and work. Note that the very deep groves in the pavement outside of the AKL were from me digging in and not wanting to go home. We do miss the pups.

Great trip and enjoyed meeting Jeff, Jen and Amy for lunch ay MK. Yes, to you nay sayers there is a Jeff.

We us the Olympus C-730 works great. I am thinking of getting a portable CD burner.

Just think you lucky few; your cruise is just around the corner. We are almost to the six month mark.

Still we have the anticipation of learning about the details of our cruise, shore excursions, formal nights, other ports of call. I agree with Jeff that we will have some changes and additions to our itinerary.

Scott, so sorry you are having to head home!!!! That's a real bummer. I am headed to Atlanta end of October and trying to figure out how to squeeze in a side trip to WDW. So, I've been putting off making plane reservations. Guess I better get to making some decisions about that!!!

Weather beautiful today. We actually got snow in the mountains right above our house yesterday and we had to turn on our heater it got so cold. Hopefully it will warm up again. I think it is suppose to in the next day or two.

Okay, I am going to try to insert a picture here and see if it works! It is from Fish Lake. The red trees are called Aspen Heart. Legend has it that an indian lost his life there and his heart comes back each year to his first love. These are the only trees that turn red like that. So the area is called the Aspen Heart.
FishLake9-12-04011.jpg
[/IMG]

Did it work?

Linda

WOW, I learned something new!!! Now I just need to figure out how to get rid of that IMG thing at the end.

Thanks Jindy-I went to Photobucket.com yesterday and downloaded a bunch of pictures so my family around the country could see them. It is a great site. I am going to start adding more pictures so my family can see them. Figure it is alot easier than the email route and faster too!!!

Linda

:wave2:

It worked, Linda! Very pretty... :) The only problem with photobucket is that every once in a while their server will go down and instead of an image people will see the dreaded white box with an "X". :mad: But it never goes down for more than a few minutes, and it's free!! LOL!!

Originally posted by seaulater
It is from Fish Lake. The red trees are called Aspen Heart. Legend has it that an indian lost his life there and his heart comes back each year to his first love. These are the only trees that turn red like that. So the area is called the Aspen Heart.

Linda, it worked, and the picture is beautful. September weather is really nice in many parts of the U.S. Thanks for sharing it.

That's gorgeous. I miss the fall and winter colors and beauty (not the cold part). My mom lives near the Delaware River in NJ. We use to drivea long the backroads along the river in the winter and follow the ice bergs or go in the fall and see all the colors.
We only get one color change here in the winter, the grass turns brown....

Great photo.....

And We are Doing The Single Digit Dance Here in Wakefield....

and I See Signs of Packing going on ...

I plan the Trips jen Does the Packing ....

I Carry The Bags:rolleyes:

We are going on A 7 Day Disney Cruise and 4 days at the World..
one before 3 after...

oh Yea Scott u will Get a KICK Out of this

When we Go To The World We are Stayying At the ALLSTARS
Music...

Are they Just Like the Boardwalk ????
:rolleyes:

We do not Get To Stay at our Dvc Resort until November ..

Let Brothers Family Use Most of the points For a Family Trip...
But We Get to Go down For A Few of The Nights
To pay them a Visit... so All Stars it is... Annual pass Rate 77 buck p/n

Great pic, Linda! I saw the pic before I read the note. I thought it looked like a lot of pics I took up in Park City last year! I guess I know my Utah trees!! :D

That's very good knowing that the Aspens were in Utah!!!!

It has been beautiful here on the Wasatch Mountains with all the trees changing. I just need to get out with my camera and get some more pics, but by the time I've been getting home from work, it's been dark! Oh well, maybe this weekend!

Linda

Peter, All Stars and Boardwalk are the same only different....really....

Back to work for less that one and a half hours and want another vacation. Oh well November is just a few weeks away, if a trial dosen't mess things up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter