20050514..May 14, 2005...Official Check in Disney's 1st 14 Day thru Panama Canal

Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI - All of my computers will be off due to the weather. Don't worry about the cruise list and other stuff. It will be back up later.

That Panama Canal thing is on again Sunday. I think 4pm EST. I was watching something else last night so I searched it and saw it was playing again. I won't be home Sunday at 4pm so I'm taping it then!

I was in NYC last couple of days, and came home to a war zone...big storms...what a mess! My neighborhood was spared, but my parents are less a tree and a power line and a cable line...so much for their new cable modem!

So now, back to working so I can pay for the cruise... :)

Looks like West Central and South West Florida coastline is taking this hurricane head on.. this stinks

Will try to copy the Panama Canal show on Sunday. Hope I remember.

Be safe you Florida folks. Just try to reason with the Hurricane Season.

Debbie thanks for telling us about that Extreme Engineering show. I caught the last half hour, but couldn't hear a thing as my daughter kept asking questions and I kept trying my best to answer them. :chat:

I'll try to catch it again on Sunday.

Good Evening everyone! :wizard:
LIVE from WDW ....it's Thursday night!!!!
Hurricane panic has hit Orlando... people here were flooding the stores today for batteries, flashlights etc. Theyve' announced that schools will be closed tomorrow! It was mostly and still is.. a beautiful sunny day! We had one downpour this afternoon.. but that's nothing unusual for FL.. Hurricane Charley is all over the media of course.. and the retail stores are loving the sales... but in my humble opinion... Charley will never make it this far as a hurricane!! Bad storm, maybe... but hurricane?? I don't think so. I rode out Andrew in So. Fla and was only 15 miles inland... we are what 70 or so miles inland here???
I for one will be in the Opening Day Olympic Pin Line tomorrow AM...LOL :crazy: WDW has announced that they will be open tomorrow... but they are monitering things closely. Guests and Cast will be informed of their status as of 7am. I say break out the ponchos and go for it... should be less crowded...::yes::
Okay.. that's all for now in case anyone was interested... LOL I'm heading out to All Star for some pin trading!

Originally posted by DisneyPinDiva
I rode out Andrew in So. Fla and was only 15 miles inland...
Wow, how did you manage to *ride out* Andrew? We lost our home, and every posession you can imagine from cars to underwear!!! I remember people a few miles north of us drove down to Homestead to try to sell us milk & water at $10 a gallon! That wasn't you, was it??? :tongue:

It was really devasting and traumatic. It definitely taught me a lesson at a young age to not care about *things* so much. Losing "everything" makes you realize what really counts - family. At the end of the day, that is all you have!:hug: While I always feel bad for folks whenever I see a hurricane is about to hit; I have to admit that I am very glad we came back to California!! Of course we have that "big one" that we keep hearing is gonna hit someday...oh and we're supposed to sink or something. :laughing:

Thanks for the update!! Hope all of you in the path of this storm are doing OK. If you go to WDW tomorrow, Leslie, have fun!!
-jindy

Good afternoon everyone! :wizard:

Hello from Hurricane Central right outside WDW! Beautiful this AM... overcast but great weather for the parks! AK, DTD and the water parks were closed, but MK, Epcot and MGM were open until 1pm. We jaunted over to MGM this AM to play Millionaire.. it was great... the park was practically empty and everything was a walk on! I LOVE IT! :Pinkbounc
About 11:30 DH begins to think he left the garage door open. We have a new opener and he's not used to even being ABLE to put a car in the garage.... so he thinks he forgot to hit the close button after we pull out. So then of course we had to come back to check and lucky we did as it was open. And I think I'M losing it....LOL :crazy: He won't be able to live this one down for a while!
So now we are just sitting here waiting for the hurricane. :bored: They keep changing the forecast so basically everything in the center of the state is closed at this point. DH has decided to do some indoor painting.. which I am forbidden to help with ( ladies I can teach you how to accomplish this...:) so as long as we have power.. I guess I'll be playing online all afternoon. ::yes::
Jindy... we were about 40 miles north (Coral Springs) so the most we got were 90mph winds during Andrew I'm so sorry to hear you lost everything. I know it must have been awful. And no.. we weren't the gougers.... those people should have been arrested!! I guess hurricanes don't bother me because we are always prepared during the season. and you see them coming ... I couldn't stand always wondering if or when the BIG one was going to hit unannounced! Every time I go to the West Coast I pray that I won't have to feel an earthquake. I think I would freak out!! :crazy: You are right about "things: being meaningless and Family meaning everything though.... that's all that really matters!
Okay well I'll keep you posted as to what's happening here. :umbrella: But for now...guess I'll go walk the "kids" before any rain starts.

Keep safe, Leslie. Let us know that you are ok as soon as you get the all clear. We'll be sending you lots of pixie dust.:wizard:

Originally posted by DisneyPinDiva
AK, DTD and the water parks were closed, but MK, Epcot and MGM were open until 1pm.

Wow! That's so weird that the parks have to close early. I've never even thought about that! But it makes total sense if there's a hurricane coming (duh!). I wonder if Disneyland has ever closed due to an earthquake or something? Anyone know?
And no.. we weren't the gougers.... those people should have been arrested!! I guess hurricanes don't bother me because we are always prepared during the season. and you see them coming ... I couldn't stand always wondering if or when the BIG one was going to hit unannounced! Every time I go to the West Coast I pray that I won't have to feel an earthquake.
Leslie, I didn't really think you were one of the gougers! :laughing: Earthquakes freak my dad out as well. That's the only thing about California he doesn't like. Oddly in his entire life we've only ever had 3 earthquakes that he's felt. 2 of which were very tiny. So I can't really understand what the heck it is he's afraid of! I suppose it's comforting that hurricanes come with a few days worth of warning, but having to sit there year after year wondering what the *season* will bring...I don't think I could live like that.

I don't worry about the "big" one much, but I do have a very weird fear of parking garages (seem like giant tombs to me) and in traffic - I hate it when I'm stuck under an overpass. So I guess it's there in the back of my head... :scared: LOL!

Have a great day, and stay dry/safe!

Was Just Looking at this site and u know im Really getting tired of
looking at the Same old Pictures

so if u would like u may Email your pictures to jeff he Will promptly add them To the Site

Here is a link http://www.tiggerfan.net/canal/

Hope u 2 are ok J&J and All

Peter

Thoughts and prayers out to those folks in FL who were hit by Charley. What a mess.

Might have to make a to check out our property in Sept.

Like Peter says, get those photos into Jeff.

Not much posting anywhere on the DIS from Florida folks. I hope everyone is OK.

What pictures are you guys talking about? I know I am sick of the picture in my sig. Time to update that one or get rid of it already.

By the way, exactly 9 months from today we'll be setting sail on our 14-day adventure. I can't even begin to tell you how much I am looking forward to this trip. 14 days of no work, no phone calls, no obligations, no stress, no school stuff....it can't come soon enough!!!
:jumping1: :jumping1:

We're fine. We're in South Eastern Hillsborough County and Charley just skirted us. I feel horrible about this storm. We told people to go inland, as we should and it was thr right move, but it was inalnd that was hit. The pictures are truly devestating

I have a friend who lives in South Florida. She and her mom decided to drive up to Orlando to visit her sister on her bday and avoid the storm. A *2 birds with 1 stone* kind of thing. They ended up right in the path of the hurricane!

Last I heard, they were on their cell phones chatting with another of our friends (who lives in New York) at 8pm Eastern time. They were gonna brave it out at their house. I don't know what has happened since then though.

Glad to hear from you Jen!!!

Glad u 2 are ok .. J&J

Jin here is the link to the list with pictures...

http://www.tiggerfan.net/canal/

Well off to do something fun with the Doggies..

They deserve it...

Cherry the one year old Cocker is going in for her operation to Be fixed.. Labor day weekend...

We are fine. DS and I evacuated as we are in evac zone B. Arrived home last night. I was looking at cruise list and see that there are cruisers from Punta Gorda (Juli)...hope all is ok!

Good to hear folks are ok, feel sorry for those in the Punta Gorda area. Glad we did not move there this summer. What a mess, with hospitals, fire stations,a sheriff's offices hit hard.

In Nov we will be traveling there to check out our property. Will try to talk to folks in the neighborhood to see what it was like.

We took our pups camping yesterday and they truly enjoy that. They do not enjoy the bath they needed when we got home.

Bob and Lee will be traveling through here later this week and hope to meet up with them.

Hi everyone. Just a post to let you all know what is going on here! I have'nt posted in awhile anyway! I live in Lee county, Florida which lies next to Charlotte. We were also hit hard! I just got power up finally, but am thankful for the little damage we got! We took a drive Sat. What a mess! There were so many rude people out! It was really sad to see! There is no ice, no bread, no gas!!! People are fighting for everything! There are only 2 gas stations open in our county! We went to Home Depot to see if we could find a generator & ended up having to drive to Sebring to get one! Well I should go, my power keeps going, so I don't know how long I will have it! Keep everyone in your prayers. It really is an awful sight to see, and the pictures on the news don't do anything justice!!!

Kimberly
kirk0414@aol.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter