20050514..May 14, 2005...Official Check in Disney's 1st 14 Day thru Panama Canal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, magic mtn. is definitely a coaster lovers paradise.
Unfortunately Superman was down this trip - we hit ALL the others though.

I've always liked coasters - but have to say the 3 hour wait in line for X was not worth it - my DD feels differently as that is her favorite ride. Maybe I'm just getting old.
We did do thrill shot, which is a pay extra attraction - pretty wild. It's kind of like a reverse bungee jump while strapped into a seat that starts upright then flips face down and repeats that several times as you bounce up and down.

My 8 yr. old DS tied his record again this trip by riding Screamin' 8 times in a row!

Jindy, can't remember - how old is your DD? My youngest turns 6 next week and is not quite tall enough for screamin' yet. She wants to get on that coaster sooo bad!

Kaylin,

Harbor Heights is east of I-75, off the Harbour View Exit, I think it is exit 167. Close to Deep Creek. When we build there I had aready decided to put up the good shutters, avoiding the rush fro plywood.

Originally posted by Az Pirates
Yes, magic mtn. is definitely a coaster lovers paradise.
Unfortunately Superman was down this trip - we hit ALL the others though.
Aw, too bad Superman was down. I am dying to ride that. I am a huge Superman fan in general, but as I understand it, this ride gives u something crazy like 6 seconds of floating time! :crazy:
I've always liked coasters - but have to say the 3 hour wait in line for X was not worth it - my DD feels differently as that is her favorite ride. Maybe I'm just getting old.
Wow! They need a real fastpass system! ;) (they have some weird thing u pay for that doesn't really work for all rides...)
My 8 yr. old DS tied his record again this trip by riding Screamin' 8 times in a row!

Woah!!! Our record is 6 times in a row!! Sounds like fun for your DS!!:tongue:

Jindy, can't remember - how old is your DD? My youngest turns 6 next week and is not quite tall enough for screamin' yet. She wants to get on that coaster sooo bad!
She is 7. When she turned 7 in July she rode Screamin' for the first time. She is just a hair (literally) shy of the required 48 inch height requirement, but her shoes (and I think the birthday sticker ;) ) helped her out. She was so excited she refused to ride anything else that day! Just like your little one - she was really eager.

It is an awkward stage when they are old enough and daring enough to want to ride the *big* coasters, but too short. :( That is why I haven't gone to MM with her. But now that you mentioned your trip, I just went over to their website and the only rides she can't ride are the following:

Batman
Scream
Riddler's Revenge
Viper

Those are a min. requirement of 54 inches. Did you ride any of those?

-Jindy

Do the hurricane shutters Scott. Jeff is currently trying to figure out how to get them installed and get around our deed restrictions to get them up and not get into a war.

Jen, definately will do, I saw some pretty neat ones on a house we stayed at on Marathon Key. Seems like you should be able to get them put up as an improvement. But deed restriction things are pretty goofy at times.

Did you get my email?

I understand, I am kinda on call 24/7, when I want to be found so I understand.

Scott, Your land is close to the peace river I believe. You may have a lot of trees down, but you should be okay. The area is a mess, but if its just land then your okay! Shutters are great if you go electric. They match your house so they look nice! Also, when you go on vacation you feel alot safer! Let me know when your ready, my hubby does the whole area, and his company has the best product around! It's mandatory to have storm protection in Lee, Collier and Charlotte, but you only have to have storm panels. They don't look that nice and there hard to put on! Harbor Heights is a beautiful area! You definately need to hang on to that area! Have a great day!

Kimberly

Kaylin,

We just have an empty lot, it had some scrub and one palm tree. I guess the key is Had. We will be down to see the property in November. We were going to talk to builders at that time but I am sure they will be plenty busy. We have actually put off our retirement plans for a couple of years. Given current weather events this may be a good thing.

We obtained the property as the result of a like kind exchange for a lot we had here in WY. During my wanderlust days I spent some time in FL and always liked the Gulf Coast side.

Will not visit the property this Sept, as I am sure there is no need for us to get in the way of thing doing the lookie lou.

I was just at DCL's website...playing around with the price quotes.

My quote for a 7-night California cruise in July is currently only $300 less than what I am paying for our Repo cruise. Which means that for $300 extra dollars you get 7 more nights if you were to book the Canal cruise (which, of course, is sold out).

Way back on May 5th, when we all booked this Repo cruise, that same July California itinerary was $1000 less than the Repo. That's why I decided to go for the Canal cruise instead. Seemed like a no-brainer....7 extra nights for $1000 was a better value than what they were offering for those Cali cruises to Mexico.

So the California cruise has gone up $400 more dollars since May. I just can't fathom how the rates for the California itineraries continue to rise, and how easily people are wiling to overpay!!!
:earseek:

Money is No Object.... lol

Since our 14 day cruise cost us $2900.00
Sure we are cat 11, But the Balcony on Cat 2 is very large..LOL

Just lucky to be on the Ship and oh so hoping for upgrade
to even just cat 9 ..

This is how it is going to go ... Me to the Dcl CM
If the President showed up Would u have a Room for him ...
CM: Sure We would Well He is not coming We will take his Room
LOL Peter

the top ten list .
Shows who has the most replies to this thread.....

And the Winner is .... A tie

JenKatt 128
Scott H 120
Hygiene99 105
seaulater 93
Tigfanjeff 88
moocow35 77
dianthus 51
kellib36 42
rcostello1 37

Here is the entire list if u are wondering were u stand
Total Posts: 1,331
User Posts
jin diesel 128
JenKatt 128
Scott H 120
Hygiene99 105
seaulater 93
Tigfanjeff 88
moocow35 77
dianthus 51
kellib36 42
rcostello1 37
DisneyPinDiva 34
CoMickey 29
RickW 23
kpros 22
kaylin 21
Lisa F 20
videogal1 20
SandraLee 17
danicaw 17
Cap 17
Az Pirates 14
bonzie1 14
EpcotKilterFan 14
Juli 11
micknstang 11
Grumbo 10
tupperny 9
piglet33 8
cotomom 8
Julebobo 8
Maleficent59 7
Sarah'sMomfrom PA 7
smchan 6
tap & dap 6
meb51 6
ivanova 5
bill3540 5
jragland 5
ImprovGal 4
BEAV 4
Carasoyn 4
shellofclearh2o 4
portsidemom 4
BobandLee 4
Hannosmom 4
dalemm 3
happyrebster 3
LinnyLye 3
Psiklops 3
NejTheLion 3
BriarRosie 3
myfairygodmother 3
TDC Nala 3
Bmwdsny 3
nasmith 2
Laurabearz 2
Verandah Man 2
Brisully 2
DisneyDreamer8 2
ennisb 2
Jazzman 2
TikiGirl 2
mark & sandra 2
bettemom 1
cm387 1
Scratch42 1
BuddyWRH 1
webray 1
charwac1 1
trampslady 1
Drcell01 1
Turnwrench 1
mississaugamom 1
disneycruising 1
Pappy 1
Cheese Please 1
Disneyana 1
Serena6010 1

Only 4 posts, I feel so guilty. BTW, I just love those puppy pictures!

You're welcome on our verandah, it's not a cat 2, but we can budge up.:crowded: :teeth:

Peter, I think you might just have a little too much time on your hands today!:bored: Very interesting since I deleted almost all my posts, but I'm back, they can't get me completely down!

I was hoping for an upgrade myself. I got one this year out of the blue. I was on deck 7 CAT 7 and after my documents arrived, Dreams emailed me to say I was on deck 7 CAT 5. What a nice suprise! Can it happen twice to the same person? I am hoping, but I am just very very happy to be going on this cruise at all! I have a veranda which you can sit on at anytime, but it is a navigator type, so you might prefer someone elses. I like the enclosed veranda, private, and keeps the stateroom darker in the morning so I can sleep in!:smooth: You can count on me being up at the crack of dawn the morning we arrive at the canal though!

Robin

Well I knew I talked to much... ya'll are in for 14 days of me babbling... lucky lucky you!
Just back from Disney, trees are property are alot worse for the wear as are a bunch of signs, but over all Disney did a great job of cleaning up

Scott, your property should be fine then! We are having a huge problem with looters though! Very sad that people take advantage of those who have lost everything! You might want to wait until after Sept. The smell is awful from the sewage and all of the rotting food! I need a vacation!!!!!

Kimberly

Wow, Peter - you paid $1000 less than me for the Repo cruise; same category. I booked a little later in the day though....was waiting to see if anyone would go with us...

Can you still be upgraded even if you already have your stateroom number?? Or is it only GTYs that are upgraded?

Peter, I'm happy to be on our cruise also! :) I was just pointing out how the people that live in California and are sailing those Mexican itineraries with Mediterrrian prices are fools! :rotfl: They could cruise RCCL in Europe for 1/2 the cost :laughing: That's prob why they're not sold out?

But maybe like you said, money is object for them.
::yes::

I'm looking for an upgrade to a Cat 2 :teeth: hehe let me hold by breath until that happens!

I have a whole $400 saved for my cruise. I should have 10 times that saved by New Year's. It does put a dent in my discretional spending :(. I think it will take me til February to pay everything I need. That's at $200/week. Ugh!

I will be in Disneyland in early November, that will be expensive. Do all my NBC shopping and some Xmas shopping. Plus I think I will get a Disneyland PAP. They are way more expensive than they used to be but I figure if I go in November, go in May, and then go again sometime next year, that will break even or make it worth it.

I'm hoping to free myself of retail slavery by this time next year so I can return to my normal life and visit WDW in December. ahhhhhhhhhh :)

Originally posted by rcostello1
I will be in Disneyland in early November, that will be expensive. Do all my NBC shopping and some Xmas shopping.
I will be there too for the same exact reasons!!! We normally go every Thanksgiving to DL for NBC. But this year DD has a 4-day weekend for Veteran's Day; so we're going the 11th through the 14th. I, too need to buy some NBC stuff. I had actually NEVER been to Disneyland until they installed the NBC overlay for the Haunted Mansion as it is my all time favorite movie!!! I have now been there at least 3 times a year every year since. That's how I got addicted, because of NBC!!! I will be very sad if it is indeed removed and sent to WDW next year, as has been rumored. I probably won't be going to Disneyland around xmas time again if they do that. :( It makes the park so special to vist when you see the mansion in all its NBC glory!!!!

Have fun, rcostello1!

-jindy

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter