20050514..May 14, 2005...Official Check in Disney's 1st 14 Day thru Panama Canal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Scott H
Will have 4 hours tomorow in travel time.

So, where are you off to tomorrow, Scott? Our OT finally calmed down....

We leave Friday morning for WI with the 3 dogs to see Keith's Mom. We're taking our Panama books....Have you started the Path between the Seas yet? It really is interesting....

I can't wait to see how it got from where I am now in the book to Jimmy Carter giving it away....

Be safe on your travels, Kelli

Kelli, You guys have a safe trip, weather should be much better than winter travel.

I am off to Riverton for the week, now there is a graden spot.

Will be teaching part of a class at the Fire Academy.

I travel with a briefcase of books, Pirates, Panama, and Enigma. Will start the Path on this trip.

I for one can not wait to see the canal , and marvel about the accomplishment of moving all that dirt, building the locks etc. The politics are very interesting, Pirates, Columbia, Independence,....etc

Speaking of dogs, we had our puppy nutered last week and the vet said to keep her calm and limit her activity for four days. Right... I call her the pup of perpetual motion.

Originally posted by Scott H
Speaking of dogs, we had our puppy nutered last week and the vet said to keep her calm and limit her activity for four days. Right... I call her the pup of perpetual motion.

We got Crystal fixed the 14th of July. It was then or Small Paws was gonna take her back. :eek: She was a VERY sick puppy for 2 days, then back to normal just like that....

Gee, Riverton.....wow......at least you can think of all the worse places to be, you've already been to most of them!!! Riverton....plenty of time for READING!!! :hyper:

Talk to you soon, Kelli

Morning all. So, my parents bought a new house over the weekend. My sis, bro and I have been trying to get them to go smaller in their old age. So they are going from 4000 sq. ft. to 1700 sq. ft. My mother said now that they have bought this new house they probably can't afford to go on the cruise. I told them I was not cancelling their reservation and we would wait and see. (Especially since I paid the deposit, they aren't needing the money back.) If my parents don't go, then I know my sis and my bro will back out too. My mom asked me if we would still go, I said are you crazy? Of course we are going!!!! Anyway, I know that it is difficult to get ressie changed from one name to another. Anyone ever had any experience with that? I was hoping if family doesn't go we could talk some friends into going, but the only way we could do it would be to get the great rate transferred over. Any ideas anyone? Not that we are in a hurry or anything.

Okay, work to do!

Linda

Linda

I had this issue soon after the reservations opened for the Repo cruises. To make a long story short, it appears that the official DCL position is that if you change all the names on a room, it becomes a new reservation at the current price. It also appears that the official position was not always enforced in the past (although DCL will not admit to that). This issue cost my family $1000. And I received absolutely no help from DCL customer service. In fact, the tone of their E-mails were very cold and uncaring regarding the issue.

Linda, I sent you a PM. I hope it all works out better for you.

Ken

Sounds like a plan if the bus is stopping at the Best Western :)

Also, I'm making a couple more minor changes to the magnet design. So far it looks REALLY good.

Also, if you people are interested in the T-shirt, I can go ahead and put it on cafe press. I really did it half as a joke, but hey, its cute and I'll at least have one for the cruise.

Again - the design is at http://www.tiggerfan.net/canal/tshirt.html

Perhaps we should wait on the t-shirts until the itinerary becomes a little more stabilized. I know it could always change at the last minute, but this far out, I think changes are definitely likely. Maybe three months out? That's still plenty of time to get them through Cafe Press.

Jeff,

I love the cute t-shirt, and I certainly would order some. Is cafe press like the zazzle site where you post the design, and then anyone can access the site and order one?

Great job!
Robin

Jeff, We really like the t-shirt too. We would sure order a couple..kinda says it all..............Jule

I like the design, could be funnier is you could start it with the original route then make it look like a marker was used to cross out the changed ports and new ones hand written in. Down side is by the time the final itinerary is decided one may not be able to see the graphic. :p

We would get a couple.

Good morning everyone! :wizard:

Hey Scott... Sign Joe and I up for the van if there's still room. We have two friends going also but I'm not sure if they're going to stay at DL after. I'll try and get hold of them and let you know.... or would that put us over capacity? :crazy:

We're also looking to get a van or something from WDW to Port Canveral. I think Happy Limo was around $120 + tip for 10 passenger. I don't know what Disney charges. :teeth:

Scott looks like we may need something bigger than the 9 passenger Van ??

LOVE the Shirt idea u Presented ....

And No OT this Week.. Yet .. See what i mean it Comes it Goes:rolleyes: :mad:

Hi:wave2:

I'm here getting ready to fly down to Tallahassee tomorrow morning (hopefully) right into the hurricane:earseek: I can't believe the big "move in" weekend for college, there are two hurricanes arriving also! Wish us luck! Then flying back into New York is when they are due to arrive here the day we get back. UGH!

Needless to say I will be away from my computer for 4 days, it's been really quiet here, so I doubt I will miss too much.

Robin

We need a LIve update From the magic ..

On what is happening Due to the Storm ???

Where are u Jeanneg ???

I just watched Extreme Engineering show on Discovery. Tonight it was about the expansion of the Panama Canal!

I only caught the last half hour but it was interesting. They are trying to engineer new locks for the Mega ships.

I am excited to see the canal even more now!!

Hope it is on again and I can catch it all

Debbie

Watching the Discovery Channel as I type pretty interesting. Might have to order a copy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter