20050514..May 14, 2005...Official Check in Disney's 1st 14 Day thru Panama Canal Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
:wave2: Hi Robin

Glad the pins made it to America! I vote for whatever is easiest/least stressful for both you and Sarah. I don't mind either way - however it's you two that have the burden... I agree something could potentially happen in another shipping.

I hope all goes smoothly for you. Thank gosh the patches don't weigh much! :goodvibes

Kendra

If you can help it, do NOT pack jewelry or anything valuable in checked luggage AT ALL. Carry it with you.

Only Emil Bleehall can do TOAST properly.

Christine,

Great! Can't wait to meet you! Just look for the one with the 'I have no idea what's going on' look... maybe with powdered sugar on my face... lol... yum!

Anyone else who is going to be around, just look me up. I don't know what my hours will be for training, but probably daytime. I'll let you know when I do.

see you all soon,
Renae

Made it home and was glad to be able to catch Lynn for a little bit before she went to work. Paid bills and have a pile of mail to deal with, would like to be home a couple of days, but will see. Also good to see the malamute puppies.

Did Lynn mention we got our documents???…….Is cabin 8030 a nice one,

Just kidding!!!!!!

Yes we were GTY until about 10 days ago, wonder how that worked out. Maybe the first shall be last and the last shall be first, tossed that in for the new Pope.

I Second and third the tip of no real valuables in the checked luggage.

Time to drool over the documents.

Hey Scott,

Glad you got home all right, how did the puppies do with the dogsled...lol... I LOVE malamutes!

Can you get huckleberry jam up there in grocery stores? I grew up in the northwest and I'd be more than happy to pay you for a jar. Nothing down here but boring blueberries... they've never heard of the purple heaven here!

Renae

bettemom said:
Hi Everyone...

Well not documents here in New Hampshire, not that we would expect them up here this early.

For all our tablemates ( including Cash) mom & I have a little pirate night surprise for all of you. We actually purchased "cheapie" pirate costumes, but what the heck..

Bye, Kim

Hi Kim! The documents are making their way up the East Coast. They hit New Jersey today, hopefully Connecticut tomorrow, and you and Peter will get yours the next?

Over the weekend I bought some little pirate night gifts for all of you guys also :flower: Great minds think alike! :rotfl:

Hey Lynda, is Cash wearing his pirate costume (or the fuzzy bumble bee one!) :rotfl2: I bet he just looks adorable!

Robin

Magic_Fan_Bruce said:
Is anyone planning on posting live daily reports from the ship for all of our DIS friends?

Yep, I will be :cool1:

Robin

Here are some differences I noticed when comparing an itinerary from the DCL website printed on 01/13/05 with what we received in our documents.

Doc DCL site
CC Guests ashore 8:15 9:00
Acapulco 10:00 9:30
Mazatlan Ashore 6:00 7:30

There was also a single sheet titled : “Addendum to Passport to Disney Magic West Coast Sailings – Summer 2005”

Covers World Cruise Center Terminal Parking
WCC Terminal Address
WCC Hours of Operation
Distance to Terminal
Driving Directions
Summary of Ground Transportation Options
Customs Allowance – Mexican Riviera (FYI -$800 per person)
Passport Reminder

Other stuff is pretty much the same.

In the gifts there are some pretty cool SCUBA Mickey and Minnie water bottles.

We also got our Disney VISA rewards card.

Documents placed in the safe.

SandraLee said:
What patterns have you guys used? JoAnn's has Simplicity patterns on sale this week (5 for $5) what a deal.!

I can't find a pattern I like -- I'm searching for a simple skirt and for my DD and vest for DS. I think I can 'wing' the rest.

Any help??

Thank.s

Hi Sandra! You might try Butterick 6295 or Butterick 3906. The first one comes in kid's sizes. Sorry it's not Simplicity. Try this link to the 6295:

http://store.sewingtoday.com/cgi-bi...ageSize=9&s.search.all.x=16&s.search.all.y=15

Robin

ARGH! I'm terribly behind again...three days of not being able to log on for one reason or another and I'm 20 pages behind!

Anyhoo, just wanted to wish Lynda a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :bday:

Anyone else get docs yet? DH called me when he got home today to tell me my package from Sierra Trading Post had arrived, so I'm excited to get home to see what I ordered, but I'd rather have my docs! Nothing here yet...

And I FINALLY have a solution to my pet sitting for those of you who knew about my poor puppy not taking well to the last experiement. I have a nice lady who is going to spend the whole time at our house, caring for the two kitties and the dog. :banana: I'm so relieved! :cloud9:

Anyway, this whole week looks to be crazy for me, so I'll keep up as I can! :crazy: Have a good evening.

DisneyDreamer8 said:
I did the Bon Voyage and mini tea roses last time she went with us so I decided to run to Party Depot and get some decorations there...I got some really cool window clings for the porthole and mirror, a palm tree for the coffee table, a bon voyage garland for the back wall, a paper lantern with streamers for the ceiling and a floral garland for over her bed/sofa. I also go a couple of lei's to hang on the vanity lights. I hope she likes it :flower:

Which flowers did you get?

Rebecca

I ordered the Mickey's Tropical Bouquet because it comes in a Mickey Vase for her to keep.

I can't wait to see her face. She'll probably cry.

Elaine

auntrenae said:
Linda,

Rain in Salt Lake? That's great! You've needed it. I guess that means snow in the mountains too? Do you know how much Bountiful got?

Renae

I don't know about Bountiful- but North Salt Lake (next to Bountiful) got rain- some snow on the grass but it melted....per my sister.

Renae, check out this site
http://www.huckleberrymountain.com If we have any room will try top bring a jar, no guarantees on room, maybe in our box we are shipping to SSR. We need a bigger box. No probs. Will bring ya a jar. We had ID chips put in our two youngest pups, I wanted to get the tattooed with “Born to Pull” tattoos.

To know a Malamute is to Love a Malamute.

LITTLEKID58 said:
Everyone who got there documents were you room on GTY..cause that is what it seems to me.. my neighbors did not book until this year and did not get there room assignments until a couple of weeks ago....and they got there documents and we have not... GO FIGURE.....

Liz :earboy2: :earsboy:

Okay I can squash that theory... and am on GTY and NO DOCS HERE! :sad2:

Mickey&JoshNut said:
Kevin & Randall

Okay...inquiring minds want to know....did you guys call DCL (or DVC)? Is Kevin cruisin' with us or will we be waving to him from the ship :rotfl: ?????

Seriously, I hope it was just an oversight Kevin and that your documents are in the mail.

Elaine

I called DVC and they called DCL. Our documents got printed at separate times. Mine appear to have been mailed on Friday. Kevin's appear to got mailed on Monday. I'm sure there is a logic to this (print by last name, I guess) but it sure does freak out the passenger.

For those questioning, we had a GTY in a Cat 6, and now have documents.

Robin / Susan / Sarah -- we are glad to hear the pins have landed on American soil. Get them to the beautiful Disney Magic in what ever manner is going to make your life easier. I don't mind paying a bit more to get them to Florida. At this point you have tons to deal with. I can't imagine UPS would lose a box. They ship for a living!

Scott, my Aunt bred and showed Malamutes. She gave two to my brother many years ago. Once the dogs got used to the saddle, I was able to take them to the store and back.

Elaine, I wasn't aware it could get to 80 in CehNehDeh. Talk about global warming! :sunny:

Randall

:earsboy:

You have To Try this..

www.skype.com I have been having a conference call with some of the august Repo Folks up to 5 people at one time. FREEEEEEEEE

im psr122
LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter