2/15/2013 - 8 Night Western Cruise, Galveston, TX

duck_widow said:
kpetty725 - My DD6 and DD12 are both in also in Girl Scouts. They are bummed to miss over a week of cookie selling season, but...it's for a Disney cruise....they'll get over it.

-Kathy

My daughter is a junior Girl Scout and sold over 1000 boxes last year. This season, knowing she's missing 9 days of selling, her goal is 500 boxes (I think it will end up being less - she's at just over 220 now with almost 2 weeks of selling). She's ok with missing though because of the cruise - much more important to her! :)

I am trying to finish up our FEE gifts and would love to write your cabin number on the gift tag now instead of trying to track you down on the ship!

I show Wshop's cabin as 2046. It's updated on the FEE google doc page.

I have some last minute errands today then we are headed to our hotel in Columbus for our 5AM flight Friday morning. We're as ready as we're going to get at this point. I have a golf shirt that is bright green, so I'll have that on Friday. I'm 6'6", so look for a tall guy with the glowing shirt.
Hope to make the meet, but it will be close. Hope to be at the 2nd one for sure.
Jeff

I show Wshop's cabin as 2046. It's updated on the FEE google doc page.

I have some last minute errands today then we are headed to our hotel in Columbus for our 5AM flight Friday morning. We're as ready as we're going to get at this point. I have a golf shirt that is bright green, so I'll have that on Friday. I'm 6'6", so look for a tall guy with the glowing shirt.
Hope to make the meet, but it will be close. Hope to be at the 2nd one for sure.
Jeff

Thanks, Jeff! See you soon!
- Kim

Can I join you on that Prozac? My daughter got sick Friday (sinus infection). Knowing we were going on this cruise, doctor gave her a steroid shot and an antibiotic shot along with regular antibiotic. She got better over the weekend. Then Monday all day she couldn't hear out of one ear... Back to the doc to hear it's sinus drainage blocking the ear canal and that pressure in the ear combined with the pressure outside was the reason. He put her on something that is mucinex with a decongestant. She got better again. Today, more coughing from the drainage (the hardest and longest part of having been sick to get rid of is the cough - stays for weeks even when not sick). So tonight she went to bed and at one point she coughed so hard she threw up just a little. Now she's afraid to go to sleep, and it's almost 1am! She's not sick, but that cough is not helping her to get to sleep.

Updated to add: She finally passed out from sheer exhaustion at 1:30am. It's going to be a long day... good thing she has a Valentine's party at school to look forward to. Immediately after school gets out, we drive an 8 hour drive to Galveston, so she can sleep in the car.
Happy and safe travels, everyone!

Debbie

Debbie, you poor thing! And your poor daughter. :( I hope after some good sleep she'll be worlds better. I have the same issue with coughing, due to both a couple of bad bouts with bronchitis in the past, and one of the blood pressure medications I have to take. Finally a doc prescribed Tessalon Pearls for me -- little small gel pills -- that work *wonders*. Maybe you can ask about that. And if nothing else, if she's coughing really bad on the cruise, please don't hesitate to ring my room and I'll be happy to share my pearls with y'all!!

Have a safe trip!

Jeff

Tall guy, glowing shirt, got it. :thumbsup2 Although, since I'm only 5'nothing, I'll probably get a crick in my neck just trying to look at you... Are you going to pay my spa bill for me when I need a massage?? :p

Hope to see you at one of the meets!

I'm just here trying to entertain myself until noon, and then I am FREE!!! Going to run some last errands, then go paint my nails and such. I just can't believe we sail tomorrow -- it feels surreal. OMG, I feel like a roman candle on the inside, I'm so excited!!! :hyper:

-gina-

Almost done packing!!! Woohoo!!! Looks like I'm not going to make my goal of just one suitcase each. Dang it. Oh well, I tried!! :laundy:

Now just need to clean the fish's water and deliver him to the neighbor's house, clean out the cat's water bowl and litter box (ew, I know), and put the DVD player in the car. Holy cow...that's a short list...wow! It's really here!!!! :woohoo:

Leaving around 3-ish to head to Mom's house in Houston tonight then up SUPER early to hit the road and sit in traffic. Will definitely check the port cams to make sure she's there before we leave! Does anyone have the link handy? I've never actually tried to look at it before.

24 hours!!!!!! :dance3:

I almost wish we did have to travel and therefore were leaving today. All of our other cruises were out of FL, so we'd go visit my dad for a few days first. If we forgot something, no big deal, we could pick it up then. Plus it gave me a day or so to recover from the craziness of getting us packed, ready and on the plane. I keep trying to "pack my carry-on for the plane" and then realize there is no plane. Maggie is now at the point that she just shakes her head, looks at me with a pitiful look and says "Mom, for the last time, we're not taking a plane!" Maybe I should have put her in charge of getting us ready. ;)

Of course we're bringing way too much stuff, but I'm with Gina on the "if I don't have to pay for luggage I'm bringing everything" philosophy. Now I've just got to get through the rest of the day at work, pack the "day bag" (its not a carry-on, its not a carry-on ;) ) mend our FE (last night when I got it out I noticed it had started to tear at the top), make a vain attempt at cleaning the house, try to get some sleep tonight, and drive to the port tomorrow. Can't wait to meet all y'all tomorrow!! :wave2:

Safe travels to all!! :beach:

Car is loaded and we're about to head out!!! I totally forgot the lime green Mickey Head so be on the lookout for brown hair in a pony tail (me) with a strawberry blonde blue-eyed 6-year-old, and a brown-eyed (probably being carried) 3-year-old!

Safe travels everyone!

Happy Valentine's Day!:lovestruc

FloridaFun said:
I'm in Galveston!

Long 2 days of driving, but I am now relaxing in the hotel looking out the window and can still make out the gulf in the dark.

I couldn't sleep at all in the hotel last night on the way here. My DS 5 shard my bed and about 3am I wondered why he had not yelled at me yet for flopping all around! I am so excited! Hoping to be able to sleep more tonight now that I am here.

Loved the Disney stories and picture of Tyler Dean.

Can hardly wait to meet everyone on Friday. :cool1:

Beth

Beth,

Panic! I have made it to Galveston with all my FE gifts ready to go and realized I left my list with my FE group back home! Do you have list with you? Thanks, Steph

Welcome to Galveston, Steph!

I have the last tab from the FE doc that has everyone on it and will see if the hotel I am in can make me a couple of copies tomorrow. I do have 2 copies, but was going to use one as the master for any cabin upgrades.

Gina - If you get this before leaving home, could you possibly also make a couple of copies if you have a printer at home.

Thanks,
Beth

The Disney Magic arrived in port around 6:30 AM CST. The weather is clear with temperatures in the high 60s by this afternoon.

See you real soon!

Gina - If you get this before leaving home, could you possibly also make a couple of copies if you have a printer at home.

Thanks,
Beth

Yes, absolutely! I'll bring them to the first meet -- no need to panic, Steph! :) It's Happy Day, fiinally!!!! :yay: :yay: :yay:

It is such a gorgeous day, it almost hurts to look at it... Gonna be a great sailaway. :goodvibes See you all real soon!!

-gina-

Gina said:
Yes, absolutely! I'll bring them to the first meet -- no need to panic, Steph! :) It's Happy Day, fiinally!!!! :yay: :yay: :yay:

It is such a gorgeous day, it almost hurts to look at it... Gonna be a great sailaway. :goodvibes See you all real soon!!

-gina-

Thanks Gina! Whew! I can't wait! I feel like a kid on Christmas morning. It's my first Disney cruise, so I have no clue!!!

It won't be your last Disney cruise, I can pretty much promise! :goodvibes

I just printed the sheet for FEE3, the group you're in. Two copies. Was there anything else you needed me to print?

Gina said:
It won't be your last Disney cruise, I can pretty much promise! :goodvibes

I just printed the sheet for FEE3, the group you're in. Two copies. Was there anything else you needed me to print?

No that's it! Thank you thank you!! Are you going to be at the 2pm meet? We board at 12:30, so I don't know if we can make that one? If not, where is the other one? I'm wearing a black/white striped shirt and have brown hair if that helps!!

No that's it! Thank you thank you!! Are you going to be at the 2pm meet? We board at 12:30, so I don't know if we can make that one? If not, where is the other one? I'm wearing a black/white striped shirt and have brown hair if that helps!!

Yes, I'll be at both meets... But I'll look for you before then. The second meet is tomorrow morning at 10:30, outside of Signals & Cove Cafe up on deck 10. And if it helps, here is a pic of me & my son, so we can hopefully find each other! And I'll have my Minnie ears headband on today, if that helps at all!! :goodvibes

image2csmall.jpg

thopkin1 said:
Sitting in the airport, had a great time. The ship was beautiful. Hope everyone gets home safe!

Made it home a few hours ago. In a kind of post-cruise euphoria/funk. :

We had an amazing time! I hope everyone else did too! Safe travels. :)

Made it home a few hours ago. In a kind of post-cruise euphoria/funk. :

We had an amazing time! I hope everyone else did too! Safe travels. :)

We are on the same iten. leaving this Friday...any advice, highlights, etc. that you want to share?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter