2/15/2013 - 8 Night Western Cruise, Galveston, TX

Hi Veronica (Marblesphx),
Just email me your information to beth@sitesandsounds.com

Cabin number, DIS Name, Family last name, adult names, kid names with ages, where you are from, any special celebrations while on board, t-shirt sizes, any allergies, and your google email address if you have one.

Thanks,
Beth

Went and played trivia last night to practice my l33t trivia skillz :laughing: and won a few games, but I'm hoping some of you out there are less brain-dead than I am when it comes to geography and history. UGH. Give me pop culture questions, and I'm happy. :thumbsup2

Gina, I like to think I am good at most trivia (except sports) so count me in for that!

I am also interested in any of the alcohol tastings except beer. I have to look into the Magic Quest a little bit more before I make a decision about that. But my curiosity is certainly piqued!

Gina, I like to think I am good at most trivia (except sports) so count me in for that!

Woo hoo!! So glad there are more of you who like trivia... We're going to have ourselves a real team! This is going to be so much fun. :banana:

I think that's a huge part of what I love about cruising... not only am I not on dry land -- which makes me unspeakably happy right there -- but it's like summer camp for grownups. I could spend a month onboard and be thrilled. :cloud9:

Gina - your comment about it being "summer camp" for grown ups has me dying!!! Maybe that's why I love cruising so much! I never got to go to camp as a kid!

like others have said we are up for meeting up but don't want to commit. Last cruise we did a martini tasting class which was so much fun. Hope they have it again. That would be a fun meet up (i realize not everyone drinks). Cove cafe is a great place to meet one morning. Or if there are any runners I'm always out for a run around deck 3 or 4 (I can't remember which deck is for running around)

Julie, My SIL and I met in Cove Cafe every morning on our last cruise. It was such a nice atmosphere to have a good cup of coffee. :flower3: Pretty sure we will be keeping the same routine this time...as far as the running, I will wave to you every lap you run by. :wave2:

We played Magic quest on one of our cruises and had a blast...it was so much fun. Match your mate is a lot of fun to watch too!

Hi all,

Does anyone who's attended a "tasting" know if a non-drinker can just come and keep an attendee company? I can't drink (migraines) but DH loves martinis, beer, wine, etc. and I'm sure he'd love to attend, but he doesn't want to ditch me. I'd be happy to hang out and chat, but I don't want to have to pay and DH can't drink double. (well, he could I suppose, but it might not be pretty)

We are now officially on this cruise! We had booked it, but I didn't have the cash come pif day. :scared1: But today I saw *GT rates, and we are booked, paid, and ready to go!! :cool1::banana::yay:

And its my birthday on this cruise! Feb 19, the day we go to WDW. I want to dance with Mickey and Goofy!! :lmao:

Gina, I'm up for trivia. Just let me know where to go and when. :)

Beth, we'd like to be a part of the FEE, but we have a GTY cabin. Can we still participate? We did FEEs on our last cruise, and it was so much fun! I'll pm you with our details.

Also, looking for anyone with a dd11. I thought I saw some earlier in the thread. My dd11 will be much happier is she has buddies. ;)

Can't wait to meet all y'all in 59 days! :yay::yay:

Dawncala said:
Hi all,

Does anyone who's attended a "tasting" know if a non-drinker can just come and keep an attendee company? I can't drink (migraines) but DH loves martinis, beer, wine, etc. and I'm sure he'd love to attend, but he doesn't want to ditch me. I'd be happy to hang out and chat, but I don't want to have to pay and DH can't drink double. (well, he could I suppose, but it might not be pretty)

The ones I have been to there has always been one or two non drinkers at the tastings so I'm pretty sure it's ok. Don't know that for a fact but I know it's been allowed in the past.

fatfish said:
We are now officially on this cruise! We had booked it, but I didn't have the cash come pif day. :scared1: But today I saw *GT rates, and we are booked, paid, and ready to go!! :cool1::banana::yay:

And its my birthday on this cruise! Feb 19, the day we go to WDW. I want to dance with Mickey and Goofy!! :lmao:

Beth, we'd like to be a part of the FEE, but we have a GTY cabin. Can we still participate? We did FEEs on our last cruise, and it was so much fun! I'll pm you with our details.

Also, looking for anyone with a dd11. I thought I saw some earlier in the thread. My dd11 will be much happier is she has buddies. ;)

We are GTY too. I don't know why. Guess that is the way our travel agent did it this time. We have never been GTY before so I'm not familiar with the process. Do you know when they give us our room assignments? Once we have our assignment I'll update the FE info.

FloridaFun said:
Hi Veronica (Marblesphx),
Just email me your information to beth@sitesandsounds.com

Cabin number, DIS Name, Family last name, adult names, kid names with ages, where you are from, any special celebrations while on board, t-shirt sizes, any allergies, and your google email address if you have one.

Thanks,
Beth

Beth thanks for organizing FE. I just mentioned in another reply that we ate GTY so once we have our room number I will let you know. Also do we have a plan to update room numbers if anyone changes rooms? My last cruise we made announcement for any changes at the meet and greet right after the safety drill. Just wanted to throw that out there.

Our oldest DD is 11. She'll be happy to make some new friends! Is your DD going to be in Edge or in the Oceaneeers Lab/Club?

Yay!! So happy it all worked out for you! That is so incredibly awesome that your birthday is the one day we'll be at WDW... Sounds like kismet to me!
And yay that you're in for trivia! We are going to have one unstoppable DIS team ready. :cheer2:

Tyler Dean (DS) tried on his tux last night -- thank the heavens it still fits!! The jacket is semi-snug, but will be fine unless he tries to Hulk out in it or something, lol. All he has to do is stand there for pictures and make it into the dining room with it on, then he can take it off and put it on the back of his chair. I had gotten him a brand new really cool brocade vest & bowtie for our cruise earlier this year, so he's all set. Even found some *awesome* shiny silver Mickey cufflinks. :woohoo:

It dawned on me last night that in just a few weeks it'll be time for me to start tanning, so I don't scare little children with my glowing-white self, lol. The cruise is going to be here so soon!!! :yay:

We have a DD that is 11 (Julia). She'd love to chat via email before the cruise if your daughter is interested. PM for the email!

Steph

Anyone know what's going on with Disney ground transfers to/from Hobby? We had booked Disney transfers, but just now got an email saying our ground transfer charges are being refunded. I'm assuming this means that Disney will not be transporting us to and from the airport. :confused3 DH is going to call tomorrow and find out what happened. Did this happen to anyone else?

We are GTY too. I don't know why. Guess that is the way our travel agent did it this time. We have never been GTY before so I'm not familiar with the process. Do you know when they give us our room assignments? Once we have our assignment I'll update the FE info.

You may get your cabin number before us. A GTY is a step above a *GT. You chose a category, but DCL didn't know at the time what rooms were available. We booked a last-minute "just put us on the ship" deal. We could be in any Oceanview anywhere on the ship. You are also more likely to be upgraded. But you should know something any time between now and about 10 days before the ship sails. :) Keep checking your reservation online.

58 days to go!!

Our oldest DD is 11. She'll be happy to make some new friends! Is your DD going to be in Edge or in the Oceaneeers Lab/Club?

Don't know yet if she will be in Edge or Lab. She was kind of bored in the Lab last year. And the Edge has that cool mock Bridge for the kids to "sail" the ship, so she will probably be in the Edge, but I'm checking out both before I make a final decision. ;) Which will your DD be in?

PM me with your email and we can get the girls chatting before the cruise. But not until after Christmas. DD does not know we are going on the cruise yet. I've scheduled a call from Mickey on Christmas morning to tell her.

Anyone know what's going on with Disney ground transfers to/from Hobby? We had booked Disney transfers, but just now got an email saying our ground transfer charges are being refunded. I'm assuming this means that Disney will not be transporting us to and from the airport. :confused3 DH is going to call tomorrow and find out what happened. Did this happen to anyone else?

Never mind . . . DCL told DH it was a computer glitch. We are again scheduled to use Disney transfers :thumbsup2

Don't know yet if she will be in Edge or Lab. She was kind of bored in the Lab last year. And the Edge has that cool mock Bridge for the kids to "sail" the ship, so she will probably be in the Edge, but I'm checking out both before I make a final decision. ;) Which will your DD be in?

PM me with your email and we can get the girls chatting before the cruise. But not until after Christmas. DD does not know we are going on the cruise yet. I've scheduled a call from Mickey on Christmas morning to tell her.

Sounds good to me! Our kids don't know yet, either. Christmas Eve Morning, they are doing a treasure hunt w/ the Magic model as the "treasure!"

I just love how busy this board is!

My daughter is 10 and is emailing with another 10 year old from the board, and loving it, but she would also love to email with any of the 11 year olds (there seems to be a few). If anyone wants - just PM me for her email. She knows that they might not be in her club, but she doesn't care - the more friends the better right? :jumping1:

I have no idea what I am going to do for the FE exchange yet. I am the least creative person on earth, but eventually I am going to have to come up with something. I'm hoping the inspiration hits as soon as Christmas is over. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter