***1st Week of December Thread ADR Plans, Park Hours, and dealing with Pop Warner***

Kimberly9701

DIS Veteran
Hi!!!

While we're anxiously awaiting the 180 day mark..and park hours to be released..

Let's strategize our ADRs, Park days, MVMCP, and other fun trip info!! :)

party:

ROLL CALL:tink:

1437disney 11/26-12/10 CSR

TigerManiac 11/27-12/5 CBR

Darlbylaine 11/28-12/5 AoA

TiggerManiac 11/26-12/5

lsbarton 11/27-12/3

chasingthedream08 11/30-12/7 POR

dreaminginplaid 11/30-12/4 CBR

myhoney 11/30-12/6 POFQ

nicynot 12/1-12/7 POFQ

etzmn123 12/1-12/5 OKW

mintycake 12/2-12/9 BC

2009can 12/2-12/11 AoA

jillyh 12/3-12/9 BWI

CynBeth 12/2-12/11 YC

Wood Nymph 12/3-12/7 BC

Winniebell10 12/3-12/9 CR

Lisa F 12/3-12/7 BWV 12/7-12/10 Poly

brittanidp 12/4-/12/8 AK Kidani Village

DisneyBelle27 12/6-12/11 SSR/OKW

Last edited:
I will be at CR 12/3-12/7 with my 6 year old son.

So far for dining I am hoping for--

BOG dinner (maybe breakfast)
F! Dinner package at H&V
1900 Park Fare breakfast
Whispering Canyon (lunch or dinner)
Ohana breakfast or maybe Kona Cafe..or maybe neither and just do Trader Sam's
Chef Mickey's breakfast on checkout day.

The other reservation I'm trying to get is a Pirate Cruise out of GF.

We will not be doing AK on this trip.
2 MK days- both party days- 1 will attend party, 1 will not.
1 HS day Jedi Training is a MUST (maybe hop to Epcot)

Still undecided with what to do with arrival day. Can't decide between Epcot or Disney Springs and IF Disney Quest is open..or just do other resort activities (no swimming in December for me!)
Whatever we do that day I plan on being back in the room to change into our pjs and watch the EWP and Wishes!

Last edited:
:welcome:to the first week of december planning thread. Since creating this thread Kimberly has had to step away from the DIS for personal reasons so I'll be keeping post #3 updated if anyone cares.

Below you will find a list of our members and their travel dates. new people are ALWAYS welcome so please do not hesitate to jump right in and you will be glad you did!

Also here is a link to @TiggerManiac awesome spreadsheet containing info on any extra ADRs thread members are going to be releasing, as well as any shared plans we have as a group

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1E8WCpcNwVKGsAvcIIwD6Lnru7erod5C23myCOUARjxM/edit#gid=0

Since we have grown so fond of each other on the boards, to help us find each other in the parks to say "hey" and help spread some magic, our very own @SilSprBea spearheaded an effort to enlist the help of a talented DIS member to create a tag that you are welcome to print out, laminate and display... you can tie it to your bag, attach it to your stroller or paste it to the forehead of your spouse and kids.. Go to the following URL

http://s1061.photobucket.com/user/LadyBCreates/library/Completed Requests/September/SilSprBea

and login with the password SilSprBea to get the high resolution image suitable for printing, framing and display.

the rules:
have fun!
no debating anyone else's plans. if it is allowed by Disney, we do not judge it in this thread.
and uh.... have fun! that's it! and we're already so good at it.

Here are some useful links:

here is a page outlining the complete Epcot entertainment schedule as it is known on this date. there is no info for holiday storytellers yet but there is for the rest of both Future World and World Showcase entertainment at Epcot, including character M&G times:
http://wdwent.com/schedule.htm

Fairly up to date reproductions of maps distributed in the parks:
http://www.wdwinfo.com/maps/index.htm

Disney's official zoomable maps:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/maps/

maps by Robo explaining most things you need to know about WDW!
http://www.disboards.com/threads/wdw-maps-by-robo.3545729/

And finally, EVENT ROLL CALL!

I will, as I have time (ha ha ha) start to add a roll call for the various hard ticketed events that people are going to. Nothing makes an overpriced event full of strangers fun like having a few familiar friends in the crowd. Sort of like having a DIS meet without taking times out of our VERY carefully and well orchestrated plans to do it. If anyone wants to spearhead gathering names for their event and date, just PM the list to me and I will post it here.

Last edited:
Can I join? We are arriving 11/30, staying through 12/6 at POFQ. Me, DH, and our 4 kids, ages 11, 8, 4, and 3. It will be the second trip for the oldest two, and the first trip for the little two. We are doing DxDDP.

Itinerary:
11/30 - arrive mid afternoon, dinner at resort
12/1 - MK -breakfast at CRT, ???
12/2 - EP - ???? Via Napoli
12/3 - AK - breakfast at Tusker House, ???
12/4 - HS - ??? lunch at 50s Prime Time
12/5 - open for the kids to decide
12/6 - MK - ????, flying out around 6pm

DH and I are going to have a "date night" tonight and look at restaurants. I told him I would whisper sweet nothings, like "Tusker House". We definitely want to do HDDR and Raglan Road, I would like to try Kona for breakfast. It's so exciting to be planning!!

We are staying at the BC from Dec 3rd to 7th. I'm rather nervous about arriving at the Magical Express on Saturday morning and having scores of Pop Warner-ites all over the place. :scared:

Liberty Tree Tavern is a favorite for lunch.
San Angel Inn is also another lunch favorite.
Yak & Yeti for dinner
to be continued ...........

I am doing a split stay - 12/3-12/7 at BWV and then switching to the Poly Villas for 12/7 to 12/10.

You are all going to think I am such an oinker when you see my dining plan. Doing DxDDP for first 4 nights/5 days (early arrival on 12/3 so both lunch and dinner). But it is so hard to choooooooooose and my kiddo loves those character meals (and I admit, I love a sit down or buffet breakfast myself). No one mock, lol.

here is my plan with meals and notes (along with what things will be on DxDDP vs OOP)

Saturday day 1, early arrival saturday (flight hopefully scheduled at 9:30, booking southwest in June) BWV
AK
Flame Tree BBQ Split 1QS
Tusker House RoL package (2TS)

Sunday day 2, BWV
starring rolls for some snacks for breakfast after booking jedi training academy
sci fi dine in early lunch (2TS)
CA Grill Dinner (4TS)
back to epcot for illuminations after dinner

Monday day 3, BWV
down day, disney springs, pool, whatevs
Boardwalk Bakery Snacks breakfast
Wolfgang Puck Express (2QS)
evening at HS
H&V Holiday Dine with F! (2TS)
F! and fireworks.

Tuesday day 4, BWV
all day at epcot
DVC Merry Mixer (can swap days to accommodate, almost hoping this is monday instead), candlelight processional, illuminations
Cape May Cafe Breakfast (2TS)
Coral Reef CP Package late lunch (4TS)
Tangerine Cafe Dinner (1 QS split + snack if required)
Merry Mixer 4pmish
6:15 CP
Illuminations

Wednesday day 5, BWV switchover to Poly
Garden Grill Breakfast (2TS)
early ohana dinner (3:30-4pm timeframe)
evening at MK for non xmas party night, MSEP, regular wishes

Thursday day 6, Poly
AK Morning, MVMCP evening
Boma Breakfast OOP
BoG early dinner (4pm or so) OOP before xmas party

Friday day 7, Poly
Crystal palace breakfast (not too early after party) OOP
Hoop Dee Doo 6:15 tier 1 OOP
back to hotel to pack and watch fireworks and electric water pagent (have lake view hoping for high floor)

Saturday day 8, departure from Poly
noonish flight
7:30am Ohana breakfast OOP

We are staying at the BC from Dec 3rd to 7th. I'm rather nervous about arriving at the Magical Express on Saturday morning and having scores of Pop Warner-ites all over the place. :scared:

Yak & Yeti for dinner
I don't know how ME works but do they put the value resorts on the same bus as the deluxe resorts? I think most stay at the values with a few at moderates but none of them are staying at BC. I would think they would group at least epcot resorts together and not stop at the all stars first? Anyone know?

We are staying at YC from 12/2-12/11 and are a group of 3 adults. We have our tentative schedule but it all depends on who the narrators are for the CP and also what happens with ROL and of course how well we can get our ADRs.

12/2 - Hope to catch an early flight. Will leave day open to do mini golf or relax at pool or might walk over to EP to see some of the storytellers before either going to Disney Springs and TRex for dinner.
12/3 - SW day. Breakfast at CG.
12/4 - EPCOT day. Breakfast at Cape May. Lunch at Tutto. Either dinner at Le Cellier or Chefs for CP dining package.
12/5 - MK Day - Breakfast at Crystal Palace. Lunch at LTT. Dinner at either BOG or Tony's.
12/6 - EPCOT Day - Breakfast at Garden Grove. CS lunch. Dinner at either Le Cellier or Chefs for CP dining package
12/7 - Gatorland Day - Not sure about breakfast. Dinner at HDDR.
12/8 - MK Day and MVMCP - Breakfast at WCC. CS lunch. Dinner at either BOG or Tony's.
12/9 - AK Day - Breakfast at TH. Lunch at either Rainforest Cafe or Flame Tree. Dinner at Boma.
12/10 - DHS Day - Breakfast at either H&V or CG. Lunch at Sci Fi. Dinner at 50's PTC.

Last edited:
@Lisa F We are doing DxDDP, too! We can't go without our 3 squares a day! We just are trying to decide still which ones are making the list. You'd think with all those meals, it would be easier, but it's not!

Yak & Yeti for dinner
We used ME from airport to resort last time.. We only shared with GF I think..stayed at Poly which was the first stop.

I don't think you'll have to deal with them! I'm not sure but I would think BW, YC, and BC would be the max sharing the ME.

This time we are using the Disney shuttle from Port Canaveral ..driving me crazy because recent reports vary so much on arrival time. And so far no one knows who shares what bus..frustrating!

Last edited:
Loving this thread!!
Staying Thursday the 1st and leaving later on Wednesday the 7th
Port Orleans French Quarter Garden View!!
Im going with a newbie, and another couple who were last there in like 94, and didn't stay on site, so i consider myself the tour guide with a flag.. (no flag)

Sorry to hear about anyone flying in the Friday and Saturday and having to deal with PopWarners on ME..:headache:

Flying in from canada's east coast and flying takes a lot out of me so the first night will be a lazy one, but should be there around 1, so a nap is due!
Dec 1st) light dinner at POR, and then a relaxing boat ride to disney springs where we will have dessert at the BoatHouse at the outside bar, and then tour around and shop
Dec 2nd) Trails End BBQ Buffet (my fav!)
Dec 3rd)
Dec 4th)
Dec 5th)
Dec 6th) this night for MVMCP? not sure yet since its a lot of nights. Dinner at Plaza Restaurant
Dec 7th)

I plan to eat at 1900 Park Fare for dinner, some place new in Disney Springs, Via Napoli,
Hard to say without the Hours out yet
To be continued!....

Last edited:
We are staying at YC from 12/2-12/11 and are a group of 3 adults. We have our tentative schedule but it all depends on who the narrators are for the CP and also what happens with ROL and of course how well we can get our ADRs.

12/2 - Hope to catch an early flight. Will leave day open to do mini golf or relax at pool or might walk over to EP to see some of the storytellers before either going to Disney Springs and TRex for dinner.
12/3 - SW day. Breakfast at CG.
12/4 - EPCOT day. Breakfast at Cape May. Lunch at Tutto. Either dinner at Le Cellier or Chefs for CP dining package.
12/5 - MK Day - Breakfast at Crystal Palace. Lunch at LTT. Dinner at either BOG or Tony's.
12/6 - EPCOT Day - Breakfast at Garden Grove. CS lunch. Dinner at either Le Cellier or Chefs for CP dining package
12/7 - Gatorland Day - Not sure about breakfast. Dinner at HDDR.
12/8 - MK Day and MVMCP - Breakfast at WCC. CS lunch. Dinner at either BOG or Tony's.
12/9 - AK Day - Breakfast at TH. Lunch at either Rainforest Cafe or Flame Tree. Dinner at Boma.
12/10 - DHS Day - Breakfast at either H&V or CG. Lunch at Sci Fi. Dinner at 50's PTC.

OH GOSH DID YOU HAVE TO THROW NARRATORS INTO THE MIX?!?!?!?!!!!!!! My plans are pretty solid, I hope there is no one I MUST do on second half of trip when we are at Poly/MK. My kiddo is on the spectrum and does great at disney in general but sometimes hits the wall at the end of the night and long transport home is difficult (when he went with his dad they stayed at AKL villas and drove to MK - the express monorail stopped for a half hour at the end of the night and it wasn't pretty). But I guess we will see what happens when they are announced :)

Oh I forgot.. I do have to fit in TRex..and Tangierine Cafe.

And I promised myself I wouldn't book as much dining this time!!!

@Lisa F We are doing DxDDP, too! We can't go without our 3 squares a day! We just are trying to decide still which ones are making the list. You'd think with all those meals, it would be easier, but it's not!
I can't do 3 meals a day but because we are arriving early and splitting the stay and have 5 full days for the 4 nights, it is more doable. I was going to do regular DDP plus some stuff OOP that is not a great value on the regular DDP and it was only $20 more to just do the DxDDP. So I decided to go for it and swapped out a QS breakfast at france for another character meal. Still leaving, as you can see, 4 QS credits, which is not the best use on DxDDP but I didn't want the dining plan drive my plans. My first inclination was to find ways to swap those for sit down restaurants but I was trying too hard... although for AK day I'm wondering if I should do a TH lunch package and then Flame Tree for dinner rather than the other way around... and then wondering if I could maybe fit in yak and yeti instead of flame tree.. choices choices.. esp if the park is open later. There is also the possibility of Tiffin too if the kid menu is acceptable so maybe TH for lunch and then Tiffin for dinner (I know it is 4 credits for the both of us but it is probably cheaper for me to pay for the kid meal OOP in that case, even at signatures my kiddo won't eat an app and will eat something like mac and cheese so it is like $15 oop for him... which is worked into my math but if i am going over that would be how I'd work it.)

Opinions? plane supposed to arrive at 9:30, if we don't go to resort first noon lunch is probably not unreasonable and then can fit dinner in maybe after first RoL show either at YnY or Tiffin

I don't know how ME works but do they put the value resorts on the same bus as the deluxe resorts? I think most stay at the values with a few at moderates but none of them are staying at BC. I would think they would group at least epcot resorts together and not stop at the all stars first? Anyone know?
We've stayed at the BC a lot, and I would say that 98% of the time the ME only shared between CBR, BWI, BC and YC. Last April our ME bus stopped at AoA and Pop before going to CBR, BWI, and BC. The CBR is very close to the Epcot resorts, it is is usually included in that route.

We used ME from airport to resort last time.. We only shared with GF I think..stayed at Poly which was the first stop.

I don't think you'll have to deal with them! I'm not sure but I would think BW, YC, and BC would be the max sharing the ME.
We've stayed at WL several times and the ME usually only shares with the three monorail resorts and WL. The CBR is always included with the Epcot resorts because it is right across the street from them.

For those of you who are staying at an Epcot resort and have dining credits to burn, the Captain's Grille serves a very nice breakfast. They have a breakfast buffet and serve ala carte. :)

We've stayed at the BC a lot, and I would say that 98% of the time the ME only shared between CBR, BWI, BC and YC. Last April our ME bus stopped at AoA and Pop before going to CBR, BWI, and BC. The CBR is very close to the Epcot resorts, it is is usually included in that route.

We've stayed at WL several times and the ME usually only shares with the three monorail resorts and WL. The CBR is always included with the Epcot resorts because it is right across the street from them.

For those of you who are staying at an Epcot resort and have dining credits to burn, the Captain's Grille serves a very nice breakfast. They have a breakfast buffet and serve ala carte. :)
Oh ok...the only thing I really paid attention to is that we were the first stop, and I was grateful!lol. For the parks we only shared with GF which was great.

Do CR and WL share for parks, or is FW added in there as well?

Also---has anyone taken the Disney shuttle from Port Everglades recently? I have no idea how to plan our day! This is the one time that I feel being at a MK are resort will be super annoying...if we stop at all of the resorts on the way it could take several hours to arrive!

And yet another question- should I dedicate a day to Epcot? Saturday- arrival day..and if so will I be back to CR in time for the ewp and wishes?

Last edited:
What are you all thinking for the MVMCP dates?, theres quite a few in the first 7 days of December.. Which makes the not party night even more busy...
Thursday December 1
Friday December 2
Sunday December 4
TuesdayDecember 6

This leaves me two nights for Magic Kingdom without the party, Saturday and Monday..
Thursday I will be to tired, and I would assume the weekends are the busiest?

DH had I were discussing that last night. The two days we are planning for our MK days are both party nights. The low daytime crowds are nice, but I asked him how badly he wants to see a night parade.

What are you all thinking for the MVMCP dates?, theres quite a few in the first 7 days of December.. Which makes the not party night even more busy...
Thursday December 1
Friday December 2
Sunday December 4
TuesdayDecember 6

This leaves me two nights for Magic Kingdom without the party, Saturday and Monday..
Thursday I will be to tired, and I would assume the weekends are the busiest?
I am planning to do Thursday the 8th only because of how my split stay fell ... originally planned to do Poly first then BWV but poly sold out quickly for those days and I was just barely able to get it for the second part of my stay. I want to be on the monorail for the late MK night. I think the 8th is projected to be one of the busier parties though. Tuesday is probably the least busy.

I have parkhoppers so also planning a non party night just to do the MSEP and regular wishes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter