***1st Week of December Thread ADR Plans, Park Hours, and dealing with Pop Warner***

I have not! I haven't even visited WL..so I'm excited to visit it this time!
I haven't stayed at CR since I was maybe 10 or 11...and normally would choose Poly, but being winter I think CR is the best choice, for me anyway (we won't use a pool). We are doing one party night at MK, and our other MK day we will leave at 7- planning on going back to the room and watching Holiday Wishes in our pjs and ordering room service.

Lol we are staying at the Poly on our last 3 nights.

First night is wednesday night, we are checking out of BWV and into Poly, planning on an early (3:45 or so) Ohana dinner and should be a "regular" MK night, hoping we can do MSEP and regular wishes and some of the non-wait attractions like Carousel of Progress, Tomorrowland Transit Authority etc. Since we are spending the morning at Epcot will probably burn 3 fastpasses then. I have the flexibility to switch this wed night with our first night there planned to be at AK if for some reason MK is closed early or not doing parade or whatever. I LOVE the MSEP. Love love love it. it is a must do.

Second night is a thursday party night and planning to do the AK in the morning, then come back to the MK for a 4:30ish dinner at BoG and the party.

Last night is friday night and also a party night but we are going to do HDDR and then go back to our lake view at the Poly and hope it is high enough to see the fireworks and EWP... if not i guess we can go down to the beach. I am really anxious about none of the 6:15 HDDR slots being released in september and not october. 8:30 is right out (part of the reason no DDP second half, I am paying OOP for cat 1 at an early show) - I guess we'll do 4pm if we have to. If we do that maybe we will go back to the MK for one final hour before we get kicked out for the party at 7pm :) maybe i'd be able to schedule one last fastpass or something lol. Might not be a bad way to end it off! esp since there is no direct transport to poly, we'd prob take boat to MK and then boat or monorail to poly.

Hm since this is a stream of consciousness now I am thinking maybe we SHOULD just do the 4pm. My plans most of the week is for breakfast and an early dinner with snack in between so it will keep us on that kind of a schedule. I was just trying to maximize last day at the MK but we probably will have enough time there to do everything. What do you all think?

Though if I remember last time we went to WDW, we were both majorly dragging by the end of our last MK day. In fact we got stopped on the buzz lightyear ride right before the camera and did not react quickly when it started up again and it ended up being our hysterical ironic christmas card lol. So maybe 3pm or so on our last MK day will be sufficient, between the party the night before and the busy wednesday night the night before that. Opinions? Maybe I will just purposely book the 4pm HDDR so we have an early night before our flight the next day... maybe after the show we will just build in that time to take the monorail to all of the deluxe resorts to see their holiday displays.

Opinions? Traveling solo with 8 year old son. Better way to end the night by going to MK for one final hour or tour the resorts (we could do both too actually, it is still a pretty early night if we are done at 7pm).

Last edited:
We will be there from 12/4-12/8 (maybe 12/9) at Kidani Village!! I cant wait for June to book flights and get my ADRs! I also want to know how much MVMCP will be!! 12/4 is my b-day and it will be my husband and son's (16 months) first trip! I haven't been since 2010 and I'm so excited, but so sad that it's so far away!

ETA plans!

Tentative Plan (changes every day)

Arrival Day: Resort Day and HDDR
Monday: Magic Kingdon: Crystal Palace BK, Boma Dinner
Tuesday: Studios/MVMCP BOG Dinner
Wednesday: Epcot Via Napoli Lunch, Yachtsman's Dinner
Thursday: Animal Kingdom

are you flying southwest or do most airlines open up in June? I am flying southwest out of a small airport and waiting for that june date as well!

First night is wednesday night, we are checking out of BWV and into Poly, planning on an early (3:45 or so) Ohana dinner and should be a "regular" MK night, hoping we can do MSEP and regular wishes and some of the non-wait attractions like Carousel of Progress, Tomorrowland Transit Authority etc. Since we are spending the morning at Epcot will probably burn 3 fastpasses then. I have the flexibility to switch this wed night with our first night there planned to be at AK if for some reason MK is closed early or not doing parade or whatever. I LOVE the MSEP. Love love love it. it is a must do.

Second night is a thursday party night and planning to do the AK in the morning, then come back to the MK for a 4:30ish dinner at BoG and the party.

Last night is friday night and also a party night but we are going to do HDDR and then go back to our lake view at the Poly and hope it is high enough to see the fireworks and EWP... if not i guess we can go down to the beach. I am really anxious about none of the 6:15 HDDR slots being released in september and not october. 8:30 is right out (part of the reason no DDP second half, I am paying OOP for cat 1 at an early show) - I guess we'll do 4pm if we have to. If we do that maybe we will go back to the MK for one final hour before we get kicked out for the party at 7pm :) maybe i'd be able to schedule one last fastpass or something lol. Might not be a bad way to end it off! esp since there is no direct transport to poly, we'd prob take boat to MK and then boat or monorail to poly.

Hm since this is a stream of consciousness now I am thinking maybe we SHOULD just do the 4pm. My plans most of the week is for breakfast and an early dinner with snack in between so it will keep us on that kind of a schedule. I was just trying to maximize last day at the MK but we probably will have enough time there to do everything. What do you all think?

Though if I remember last time we went to WDW, we were both majorly dragging by the end of our last MK day. In fact we got stopped on the buzz lightyear ride right before the camera and did not react quickly when it started up again and it ended up being our hysterical ironic christmas card lol. So maybe 3pm or so on our last MK day will be sufficient, between the party the night before and the busy wednesday night the night before that. Opinions? Maybe I will just purposely book the 4pm HDDR so we have an early night before our flight the next day... maybe after the show we will just build in that time to take the monorail to all of the deluxe resorts to see their holiday displays.

Opinions? Traveling solo with 8 year old son. Better way to end the night by going to MK for one final hour or tour the resorts (we could do both too actually, it is still a pretty early night if we are done at 7pm).

Hi there Lisa. I'm new to the board, but not to Disney. Your trip sounds great so far! I like the idea of the early dinner for your last night. Then tour the resorts after. Maybe don't worry too much about a fast pass for that last MK hour before party......just in case you don't make it after HDDR, so you don't have to stress, or in case you want to hang around FW, etc. Then, if you find you have a bit, you could always stop by MK for a last walk through. That's what I love about the monorail resorts, some of our favorite memories are of using the monorail last minute that way. Just see how it goes though, so you can enjoy dinner, etc. (just some thoughts, I'm also all for squeezing in another FP. ).

Also, I'm sure this isn't the place for it......but since HDDR has come up, when do they release days? Hoping to go while we're there the week of 12/3-12/9. It will be our oldest son' birthday. I went as a child, but haven't been since. I've looked up like 180 days away from today for instance, and there is nothing. Is it that hard to book? Ugh. I'll need to be on top of it.

Back to the thread though, can't wait for December! Planninglots here, but also want to enjoy downtime too.....but also wanting to hit everything. Want to see all that Epcot offers at Christmas, MK, plus other parks, plus our resort, and do our favorites, and new things too!!! How big of a day is Epcot at the holiday season? Like if we don't do the CP? Does world showcase take more time at Christmas to do? Thanks for your help!

Eeeekkkk!!! I have been a Disney fan & self professed "expert" level WDW trip planner since childhood. BUT, I am brand new to the dis board. This thread has me freak out excited. Planning a trip right now for 12/3-12/10. Have been to Disney every time of the year except around the holidays. Decided a couple of weeks ago to make it happen this year. Feeling really indecisive about where to stay. Wanted to stay at WL because it seems so perfect for Christmas, but of course nervous about construction. Also considering CR. We've stayed there before and love it, just wanted the lodge feel. Thinking we may go for it even with the construction. It looks like main lodge isn't affected. However, I've heard the rooms at WL are small. Our last trip in 9/15 we stayed at Poly studios and loved the room size. Oldest son's birthday is 12/9. So, I'm having lots of fun planning this trip. You guys know that Disney planning excitement......worrying over where to stay, where to eat, how busy or non busy we want to be, etc. Thanks for listening and your insight!!

How many people do you have? WL rooms are smaller than the poly but not sure I'd call them "small." It has been many many years for me though but I think Poly rooms are actually rather on the larger side. I think the original resorts (poly and CR) that walt built have in general larger rooms than some of the newer deluxes but talking from pure memory, it has been years. I loved the WL when we stayed there - it made us add on at the VWL (which we later sold because I got annoyed keeping track of the small contract, lol). The rooms are def the smallest of all of the deluxes though, for sure.

I am going exactly the same dates and am traveling solo with my 8 year old and splitting the stay between BWV 4 nights/Poly 3 nights. We are doing all of the Epcot/HS/Disney Springs stuff the first few days and then most of the MK stuff the last 3 days. Traveling alone with my kiddo proximity to the parks is such a HUGE thing for me.... in that sense you can't really beat CR for not having to wait for any transport at all.

How many people do you have? WL rooms are smaller than the poly but not sure I'd call them "small." It has been many many years for me though but I think Poly rooms are actually rather on the larger side. I think the original resorts (poly and CR) that walt built have in general larger rooms than some of the newer deluxes but talking from pure memory, it has been years. I loved the WL when we stayed there - it made us add on at the VWL (which we later sold because I got annoyed keeping track of the small contract, lol). The rooms are def the smallest of all of the deluxes though, for sure.

I am going exactly the same dates and am traveling solo with my 8 year old and splitting the stay between BWV 4 nights/Poly 3 nights. We are doing all of the Epcot/HS/Disney Springs stuff the first few days and then most of the MK stuff the last 3 days. Traveling alone with my kiddo proximity to the parks is such a HUGE thing for me.... in that sense you can't really beat CR for not having to wait for any transport at all.

Ha! Hi Lisa, it looks like we overlapped each other. Great minds! Husband and 2 boys. They will be 11 and 13 year old will turn 14 during trip. I've been told rooms at WL are small.....thought the bunk beds would be good and also thought the little fireplace and chair/couch nooks that are on the floors would be nice for reading or getting out of the room a bit. I appreciate you mentioning the smaller but not "small". We have traveled lots over the years, and been in everything from rental homes to motel rooms....so a small room at Disney is ok by me. Plus I thought the bunk beds would be nice. BUT, seriously reconsidering and doing the CR. I just love the monorail. WL looks fun, just don't know if we'd feel stuck without monorail. First world problems.

are you flying southwest or do most airlines open up in June? I am flying southwest out of a small airport and waiting for that june date as well!
Yup, waiting for southwest to open their dates on June 2nd!!! I'm flying out of Chicago

Hi there Lisa. I'm new to the board, but not to Disney. Your trip sounds great so far! I like the idea of the early dinner for your last night. Then tour the resorts after. Maybe don't worry too much about a fast pass for that last MK hour before party......just in case you don't make it after HDDR, so you don't have to stress, or in case you want to hang around FW, etc. Then, if you find you have a bit, you could always stop by MK for a last walk through. That's what I love about the monorail resorts, some of our favorite memories are of using the monorail last minute that way. Just see how it goes though, so you can enjoy dinner, etc. (just some thoughts, I'm also all for squeezing in another FP. ).

Also, I'm sure this isn't the place for it......but since HDDR has come up, when do they release days? Hoping to go while we're there the week of 12/3-12/9. It will be our oldest son' birthday. I went as a child, but haven't been since. I've looked up like 180 days away from today for instance, and there is nothing. Is it that hard to book? Ugh. I'll need to be on top of it.

Back to the thread though, can't wait for December! Planninglots here, but also want to enjoy downtime too.....but also wanting to hit everything. Want to see all that Epcot offers at Christmas, MK, plus other parks, plus our resort, and do our favorites, and new things too!!! How big of a day is Epcot at the holiday season? Like if we don't do the CP? Does world showcase take more time at Christmas to do? Thanks for your help!

This is all relevant to the thread! I think it's a great idea to have a smaller group with roughly similar dates and roughly similar issues... as we all know first couple of weeks of december is pretty much a different world from christmastime there. Also I NEED somewhere to chit chat about all of my trip neuroses where people will get it, lol.

That said, I think if you look at 4pm HDDR and 8:30PM HDDR they are available. It is that coveted 6:15 slot that is notably absent for 6 or 8 weeks or something. Someone who was booked in august reported that disney contacted them and asked them to switch out of it (yes I have been reading every thread with so much of a mention of it). It's weird because it is the most popular slot. That said, now that I said it aloud, I am warming bigtime to the 4pm slot just because I am planning dinner around that time the previous two nights and for a few other times over the course of our trip (same dates as yours).... pretty much every day except when it doesn't work due to other things (also planning for F! Hollywood adn Vine so that will be a 4:30ish slot too). So it might be best for consistency and then we can have some snacks later if we want them at the Poly. Maybe a little late night room service indulgence just because we can, especially if we have a great view of the lake from our room.

I may make the FP at MK on my phone as my 4ith once we use the first 3 just because if we don't show up and use it, I can always cancel it and open it up last minute for someone else I guess. There is no downside to making it - I will not feel obligated to use it if we decide not to go back to the MK. If we just want to take the monorail around and not do that, that's fine too. Can totally play it by ear. But if there is one last thing we want to do, we'll have the opportunity for a last hurrah... can take the monorail around AFTER that too. In either case our last night will be a bit of a down night with fireworks hopefully from the room (fingers crossed my third floor request is met).

Thank you again for answering so fast. Ahh! You're killing me. I'm leaning now toward CR. Your crew seems to like the same things we do. My boys and husband have mentioned wanting to stay at the Contemporary. We love the convenience and being right in the middle of the action. Just thought about trying a new place, but if it isn't broke......
I think it's really a personal choice. For me, as @LisaF said, the convenience to parks is what is most important to me. It's just me and my son, so transportation/convenience/anything that can make a trip easier, always wins out over anything else. The views do play a factor as well :)

Ok all.. I need HELP!!! (In more ways than one but I'll stick to just that 1 right now ;) )

I PROMISED myself that I would NOT overschedule this trip.
Well, that's gone out the window.

Here's where I need advice-
We're flying in 11/25 to MCO. Then renting a car for 1 day so we can drive to port Canaveral and go to the space center before the cruise the next day.
HOWEVER--
Now I'm thinking to maybe just spend the night at WDW (BW) and do Epcot that day. I feel like we won't have enough time to see everything properly in the 4 nights post cruise.

BUT- the WDW portion is an early gift from Santa.. Would the 1 day before ruin the surprise package that is going to appear in our stateroom on the last day, containing our magic bands?

I'm so torn over this. Thoughts please!!

I would stay at WDW. I made the mistake of inserting KSC into the middle of my trip last time I went in 2014. My kid is super crazy for space but he went with his father the year before and he's a kid, right? so the highlights of the trip for him were basically the gift shop and the free play structure. The only saving grace was that the tickets were free (before they discontinued the free congressional tickets program) and the atlantis exhibit was FABULOUS. I loved it, but we didn't do the big tour etc. I don't think he liked the big tour that much with his dad either, and he was around the same age as your kiddo. I think just a little too young for it still.

I read where you said that you will be back in that part of florida so i would pair it with a non-wdw trip. Maybe universal, maybe lego land, other orlando crap. When I go to disney I like it to be DISNEY and honestly I did not enjoy the interruption all that much. I mean, atlantis was worth it to me to see (really fantastic exhibit) but I wish it wasn't right in the middle of our trip. Yours is not in the middle of the trip, but still... I wouldn't cut disney short when there are things you can't see any other time of year.

So that said, how I would handle it is this. Tell your kiddo that Disney has this awesome stuff just for christmas at Epcot. The santas around the world. The CP. the special fireworks. Really play it up and say you want to go to WDW for just ONE day to do that stuff. You wish you could do the whole rest of it but maybe some day you will be able to... but at least you'll get this one day to do Epcot and stay at the boardwalk... but some day you will do the rest. Get magic bands for the first part of the trip (they will send them for every reservation you have).

I don't think it ruins it at all when you get to stay after the cruise courtesy of santa. OMG Santa knew how much we wished we could see all of the other christmas stuff so he gave us another 4 days!!!!!!!! Maybe let the kiddo tell some of the Santas at Epcot that he wishes he could spend more time. If anything it will make it better. NEW magic bands, NEW trip, OMG Santa knew what we wanted for christmas! No anti-climax.

That's what I'd do.

If I wasn't worried about my son constantly asking to swim we would be doing Poly as well! No joke- if you ask him his favorite thing at WDW, his response is- the volcano slide lol (and we have water park season passes here!!). I don't get it, but he LOVED that slide..I mean like 30+ times per day loved lol.

We ended our last trip with fireworks from the room after an early Epcot day. I think it's the perfect way to end a trip :)

I would stay at WDW. I made the mistake of inserting KSC into the middle of my trip last time I went in 2014. My kid is super crazy for space but he went with his father the year before and he's a kid, right? so the highlights of the trip for him were basically the gift shop and the free play structure. The only saving grace was that the tickets were free (before they discontinued the free congressional tickets program) and the atlantis exhibit was FABULOUS. I loved it, but we didn't do the big tour etc. I don't think he liked the big tour that much with his dad either, and he was around the same age as your kiddo. I think just a little too young for it still.

I read where you said that you will be back in that part of florida so i would pair it with a non-wdw trip. Maybe universal, maybe lego land, other orlando crap. When I go to disney I like it to be DISNEY and honestly I did not enjoy the interruption all that much. I mean, atlantis was worth it to me to see (really fantastic exhibit) but I wish it wasn't right in the middle of our trip. Yours is not in the middle of the trip, but still... I wouldn't cut disney short when there are things you can't see any other time of year.

So that said, how I would handle it is this. Tell your kiddo that Disney has this awesome stuff just for christmas at Epcot. The santas around the world. The CP. the special fireworks. Really play it up and say you want to go to WDW for just ONE day to do that stuff. You wish you could do the whole rest of it but maybe some day you will be able to... but at least you'll get this one day to do Epcot and stay at the boardwalk... but some day you will do the rest. Get magic bands for the first part of the trip (they will send them for every reservation you have).

I don't think it ruins it at all when you get to stay after the cruise courtesy of santa. OMG Santa knew how much we wished we could see all of the other christmas stuff so he gave us another 4 days!!!!!!!! Maybe let the kiddo tell some of the Santas at Epcot that he wishes he could spend more time. If anything it will make it better. NEW magic bands, NEW trip, OMG Santa knew what we wanted for christmas! No anti-climax.

That's what I'd do.
Thanks!!! I do think that's what I'm going to do.

We usually stay quite a few hours south of Port Canveral, Boca Raton or Key West, but it is totally doable for a day trip when we're in Boca.
My son also loves all things Space (helped by a recent Omnimax lol)..but I agree that this trip may be better if all Disney focused. Thanks for the advice!

Lisa F was the one who suggested to have an early December thread while we were on some other thread..lol.

I second what she said- I think early December is a different trip than the Christmas time travelers.. Therefore it's nice for us beginning of the month peeps to have a place to strategize, ask questions, idea swap.. Etc etc etc. :)
And our ADR reservations are coming up soon!!

Thanks!!! I do think that's what I'm going to do.

We usually stay quite a few hours south of Port Canveral, Boca Raton or Key West, but it is totally doable for a day trip when we're in Boca.
My son also loves all things Space (helped by a recent Omnimax lol)..but I agree that this trip may be better if all Disney focused. Thanks for the advice!
the bus tour is a very long day and although my kiddo is very very smart it was just too much information and too long a day for him to really enjoy it. I'd give it a couple of years honestly.

If I wasn't worried about my son constantly asking to swim we would be doing Poly as well! No joke- if you ask him his favorite thing at WDW, his response is- the volcano slide lol (and we have water park season passes here!!). I don't get it, but he LOVED that slide..I mean like 30+ times per day loved lol.

We ended our last trip with fireworks from the room after an early Epcot day. I think it's the perfect way to end a trip :)
My kid loves the slides too. Hoping we can fit in a little pool time at some point but if it's too cold so be it.

I'm flying out of providence waiting for the same. flew them in 2014, could not have been less stress if I tried.
I always fly them when I can and I hope once they get their 787-900s (I'm also an avgeek!) they will get the ok to fly to Hawaii! They have a great rewards program and credit card through chase too!

I always fly them when I can and I hope once they get their 787-900s (I'm also an avgeek!) they will get the ok to fly to Hawaii! They have a great rewards program and credit card through chase too!
I don't fly often enough to make it worth it but prefer small airports to big ones. You can keep boston, give me the little providence airport please!

@Kimberly9701 And @Lisa F the Poly pool is pretty awesome. My boys were on it non stop and still talk about it. They like that it's a fun slide and not a lot of work to get on over and over like at water parks. It's not too fast or rough either like at water parks. I liked it too.

Also......is Epcot lots of fun at the time we are going? We aren't planning to do the CP so far. Should we plan on extra time or more days to enjoy WS? Or is it just decorated?

Now, to just make a decision about where to stay. I'm deciding once and for all this week. Thank you both so much for all of your help. I'm thrilled to meet others that think the same way I do.

@Kimberly9701 And @Lisa F the Poly pool is pretty awesome. My boys were on it non stop and still talk about it. They like that it's a fun slide and not a lot of work to get on over and over like at water parks. It's not too fast or rough either like at water parks. I liked it too.

Also......is Epcot lots of fun at the time we are going? We aren't planning to do the CP so far. Should we plan on extra time or more days to enjoy WS? Or is it just decorated?

Now, to just make a decision about where to stay. I'm deciding once and for all this week. Thank you both so much for all of your help. I'm thrilled to meet others that think the same way I do.
Well..I'm adding an extra day to my trip for Epcot..so if that tells you anything..lol.

However,one of my girlfriends today, who was there last December, said she thinks I'm crazy for it and don't need the extra night. BUT- she also said that she didn't have a desire to go to CP, and that's a huge decision factor for me.

I don't fly often enough to make it worth it but prefer small airports to big ones. You can keep boston, give me the little providence airport please!
My friends on the free dining thread just informed me that southwest is releasing their flights on May 19th now and sure enough, the website confirms it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter