***1st Week of December Thread ADR Plans, Park Hours, and dealing with Pop Warner***

What are you all thinking for the MVMCP dates?, theres quite a few in the first 7 days of December.. Which makes the not party night even more busy...
Thursday December 1
Friday December 2
Sunday December 4
TuesdayDecember 6

This leaves me two nights for Magic Kingdom without the party, Saturday and Monday..
Thursday I will be to tired, and I would assume the weekends are the busiest?
We are doing 12/6

Hi! Just booked a short trip 12/1-5 staying at OKW with rented points. My fiancé and I have always wanted to go around Christmas so he's going to be so surprised when he finds out we're going! We have two non-Disney trips planned this summer for weddings and I think I'll tell him after we finish up those.

Since I just decided to book, I haven't put too much thought yet into ADRs or park days but I'll be thinking about that the next few days. We're definitely going to do MVMCP, maybe on the 4th. I'm hoping I can get his best friends to come from Tampa for the party and get a hotel room one night so we can do a late character breakfast the next morning. Their two year old hasn't been to WDW yet, so I think it'd be so fun to see her first time at MK!

We will be there from 12/4-12/8 (maybe 12/9) at Kidani Village!! I cant wait for June to book flights and get my ADRs! I also want to know how much MVMCP will be!! 12/4 is my b-day and it will be my husband and son's (16 months) first trip! I haven't been since 2010 and I'm so excited, but so sad that it's so far away!

ETA plans!

Tentative Plan (changes every day)

Arrival Day: Resort Day and HDDR
Monday: Magic Kingdon: Crystal Palace BK, Boma Dinner
Tuesday: Studios/MVMCP BOG Dinner
Wednesday: Epcot Via Napoli Lunch, Yachtsman's Dinner
Thursday: Animal Kingdom

Last edited:
Ok all.. I need HELP!!! (In more ways than one but I'll stick to just that 1 right now ;) )

I PROMISED myself that I would NOT overschedule this trip.
Well, that's gone out the window.

Here's where I need advice-
We're flying in 11/25 to MCO. Then renting a car for 1 day so we can drive to port Canaveral and go to the space center before the cruise the next day.
HOWEVER--
Now I'm thinking to maybe just spend the night at WDW (BW) and do Epcot that day. I feel like we won't have enough time to see everything properly in the 4 nights post cruise.

BUT- the WDW portion is an early gift from Santa.. Would the 1 day before ruin the surprise package that is going to appear in our stateroom on the last day, containing our magic bands?

I'm so torn over this. Thoughts please!!

Ok all.. I need HELP!!! (In more ways than one but I'll stick to just that 1 right now ;) )

I PROMISED myself that I would NOT overschedule this trip.
Well, that's gone out the window.

Here's where I need advice-
We're flying in 11/25 to MCO. Then renting a car for 1 day so we can drive to port Canaveral and go to the space center before the cruise the next day.
HOWEVER--
Now I'm thinking to maybe just spend the night at WDW (BW) and do Epcot that day. I feel like we won't have enough time to see everything properly in the 4 nights post cruise.

BUT- the WDW portion is an early gift from Santa.. Would the 1 day before ruin the surprise package that is going to appear in our stateroom on the last day, containing our magic bands?

I'm so torn over this. Thoughts please!!
think we're gunna need the park hours before you can decide that! But it would be pretty cool to just stay at BW and walk over, and even back if you need to for that one day!
Iv never been to Epcot past mid november, so i have never seen it at christmas, and i don't know if i can fit in all the countries story tellers, and get to see the candlelit show too!
Id say, if there was a good narrator that night, you do epcot instead!

DH had I were discussing that last night. The two days we are planning for our MK days are both party nights. The low daytime crowds are nice, but I asked him how badly he wants to see a night parade.
AND fireworks!!

DH had I were discussing that last night. The two days we are planning for our MK days are both party nights. The low daytime crowds are nice, but I asked him how badly he wants to see a night parade.
The MK is really crowded in the evening on non-party nights. We stayed for the parade once at it was mobbed.

you haven't started already? lol. been at it for months hee.
I haven't started yet, either. I can't get serious until I have to choose my ADR's. But we do plan to spend a lot of time in Epcot.

Iv never been to Epcot past mid november, so i have never seen it at christmas, and i don't know if i can fit in all the countries story tellers, and get to see the candlelit show too!
We never got to see all the Christmas things in Epcot on our last Dec trip. We can't wait to get back and hopefully get to see all of it.

think we're gunna need the park hours before you can decide that! But it would be pretty cool to just stay at BW and walk over, and even back if you need to for that one day!
Id say, if there was a good narrator that night, you do epcot instead!
It would be the difference of doing Epcot 1pm to close on 11/25. Or..2pm-8pm on 12/3. I need kiddo asleep early that night...will be a long day after disembarkment, then check in etc.

AND fireworks!!

What time are the fireworks? 10/11? Even if we do HDDR on a party night, that's a lot of time to kill to see them from the MK area. We didn't see the fireworks on our last trip, either. Are they really that much more special than regular fireworks?

What time are the fireworks? 10/11? Even if we do HDDR on a party night, that's a lot of time to kill to see them from the MK area. We didn't see the fireworks on our last trip, either. Are they really that much more special than regular fireworks?
We have fireworks every night at Kings Island (the amusement park here), I still love wishes more. The music..Jiminy Cricket.. I tear up every time. Maybe because of nostalgia from childhood...but yes, I think it's different. Even though our amusement park has great firweworks to an awesome soundtrack!

Okay I've started my first round of planning, mostly ADRs. I'm having a hard time not asking my fiancé for his opinions since it's a surprise! I might have to be sneaky and throw in some hypothetical questions as we get closer to ADR day. This is what I've got so far:
Arrival day: I think we'll get in mid-afternoon and go to Disney Springs after we check in so we'll eat there. Right now I'm thinking either Raglan Road or Wolfgang Puck. We both really liked RR last time.
Park day 1: Rope drop MK, waffles at Sleepy Hollow for breakfast. Hop to EP midday since it's a party night at MK, and have lunch and dinner there. Maybe Via Napoli for dinner
Park day 2: 8am Tusker House breakfast, CS lunch somewhere, and hop to EP around 4 so we'll have dinner there, maybe Rose and Crown.
Park day 3: Kona breakfast then to HS for a few hours before taking a rest before MVMCP. Early dinner at The Plaza.
Departure day: breakfast somewhere... maybe Ohana, then check out resorts Christmas decorations until we have to go to the airport

Last edited:
Eeeekkkk!!! I have been a Disney fan & self professed "expert" level WDW trip planner since childhood. BUT, I am brand new to the dis board. This thread has me freak out excited. Planning a trip right now for 12/3-12/10. Have been to Disney every time of the year except around the holidays. Decided a couple of weeks ago to make it happen this year. Feeling really indecisive about where to stay. Wanted to stay at WL because it seems so perfect for Christmas, but of course nervous about construction. Also considering CR. We've stayed there before and love it, just wanted the lodge feel. Thinking we may go for it even with the construction. It looks like main lodge isn't affected. However, I've heard the rooms at WL are small. Our last trip in 9/15 we stayed at Poly studios and loved the room size. Oldest son's birthday is 12/9. So, I'm having lots of fun planning this trip. You guys know that Disney planning excitement......worrying over where to stay, where to eat, how busy or non busy we want to be, etc. Thanks for listening and your insight!!

Eeeekkkk!!! I have been a Disney fan & self professed "expert" level WDW trip planner since childhood. BUT, I am brand new to the dis board. This thread has me freak out excited. Planning a trip right now for 12/3-12/10. Have been to Disney every time of the year except around the holidays. Decided a couple of weeks ago to make it happen this year. Feeling really indecisive about where to stay. Wanted to stay at WL because it seems so perfect for Christmas, but of course nervous about construction. Also considering CR. We've stayed there before and love it, just wanted the lodge feel. Thinking we may go for it even with the construction. It looks like main lodge isn't affected. However, I've heard the rooms at WL are small. Our last trip in 9/15 we stayed at Poly studios and loved the room size. Oldest son's birthday is 12/9. So, I'm having lots of fun planning this trip. You guys know that Disney planning excitement......worrying over where to stay, where to eat, how busy or non busy we want to be, etc. Thanks for listening and your insight!!
Hi! I also had considered WL because of the pictures I have seen at Christmas time! I ended up deciding on CR, but not because of construction, just for the TPV room.
I was at Poly in September when construction was going on, our room was far away from it, the only time I even noticed was when I walked to the TTC. If you really want to stay at WL I say go for it! From what I've read the construction does affect the trails, but not the main building. We are going to Whispering Canyon for lunch or dinner one day and definitely going to check out all of the decorations and hopefully sit near a fireplace :)

Choosing a resort is the most difficult decision of the entire vacation!! (In my opinion anyway) Luckily for you, you have 2 great options!!

Hi! I also had considered WL because of the pictures I have seen at Christmas time! I ended up deciding on CR, but not because of construction, just for the TPV room.
I was at Poly in September when construction was going on, our room was far away from it, the only time I even noticed was when I walked to the TTC. If you really want to stay at WL I say go for it! From what I've read the construction does affect the trails, but not the main building. We are going to Whispering Canyon for lunch or dinner one day and definitely going to check out all of the decorations and hopefully sit near a fireplace :)

Choosing a resort is the most difficult decision of the entire vacation!! (In my opinion anyway) Luckily for you, you have 2 great options!!

Hi there again! Your plan is what I've been thinking......a theme park view at CR. That would be fun and festive too. Have you ever stayed at WL?

Hi there again! Your plan is what I've been thinking......a theme park view at CR. That would be fun and festive too. Have you ever stayed at WL?
I have not! I haven't even visited WL..so I'm excited to visit it this time!
I haven't stayed at CR since I was maybe 10 or 11...and normally would choose Poly, but being winter I think CR is the best choice, for me anyway (we won't use a pool). We are doing one party night at MK, and our other MK day we will leave at 7- planning on going back to the room and watching Holiday Wishes in our pjs and ordering room service.

If you want the view and the convenience then choose CR and visit WL one day...if you love the theme of WL, then stay there :) I think either would be great and it's just what is more important as far as transportation options...and, if you want the view of the castle/EWP/Wishes. My son loves the monorail, so that also factored into my decision, as well as the convenience to dining options at Poly and GF.

I have not! I haven't even visited WL..so I'm excited to visit it this time!
I haven't stayed at CR since I was maybe 10 or 11...and normally would choose Poly, but being winter I think CR is the best choice, for me anyway (we won't use a pool). We are doing one party night at MK, and our other MK day we will leave at 7- planning on going back to the room and watching Holiday Wishes in our pjs and ordering room service.

If you want the view and the convenience then choose CR and visit WL one day...if you love the theme of WL, then stay there :) I think either would be great and it's just what is more important as far as transportation options...and, if you want the view of the castle/EWP/Wishes. My son loves the monorail, so that also factored into my decision, as well as the convenience to dining options at Poly and GF.

Thank you again for answering so fast. Ahh! You're killing me. I'm leaning now toward CR. Your crew seems to like the same things we do. My boys and husband have mentioned wanting to stay at the Contemporary. We love the convenience and being right in the middle of the action. Just thought about trying a new place, but if it isn't broke......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter