12/20/07 Christmas Cruise 2007 (Updated DIS cruisers list)

tim,

yes we are definitly going to buy one, i was going to call the guy today, but thank god i read your post, any help would be appreciated.
thank you very much...

tiggerandpooh said:
tim,

yes we are definitly going to buy one, i was going to call the guy today, but thank god i read your post, any help would be appreciated.
thank you very much...

Tell the man (on the phone) that you have an X-plan pin. I will create it for you today so you can have it before you go down there. You will have to call me first.

Great reading this thread, fun little reminders why I moved away from CT in 1989 and never looked back. School ended 5/26 in ATL, and I split the week at two beaches, one on the Gulf in Sandestin and then in Miami for a family get together. Warm water everywhere! That ought to hold me until back to the Gulf and good ol' Panama City Beach after DS's summer baseball tournaments end in July.

To me a cold beach in Nassau or Castaway Cay in January (or Christmas week, I suppose, will have comparable weather)...and at least CC was still a lovely place to spend the day, even if not IN the water.

Was just looking at the Xmas menu the other evening--I'm thinking between me, DW and DS, we'll get some lobster tails, some of the baked ham, some turkey...the bread pudding looked good for dessert...but then again, a Mickey Bar goes with everything, doesn't it?

Hockeychic said:
Congrats on the new house....enjoy!!!!!
Thanks! Like Tarzanman said, there's lots of work to do, but it'll all be worth it in the end. But, opinions and advice are always welcome from our DISfriends.

For instance, your assignment DISfriends, should you choose to accept it is to figure out how to make a teeny tiny bathroom feel like the M A S T E R bathroom it's supposed to be.

ophie said:
For instance, your assignment DISfriends, should you choose to accept it is to figure out how to make a teeny tiny bathroom feel like the M A S T E R bathroom it's supposed to be.

I know! I know! :yay:

Knock out part of a wall :lmao:

Sorry Ophie, couldn't help myself :crazy:

RonnieJo66 said:
I know! I know! :yay:

Knock out part of a wall :lmao:

Sorry Ophie, couldn't help myself :crazy:
Kiss my
moon.gif

RonnieJo66 said:
:eek:

how rude!
Me thinks you're not understanding my tiny bathroom. :p

I'll have to upload a floorplan for you once I get it drawn out.

:scratchin I must remember to find out about getting a Christmas tree in our room. Oh, and decorations!

I was thinking about taking little gifts for our room steward, waiters etc. I just can't seem to figure out what to get (since I have no idea if they will be female or male)

Ideas anyone?

RonnieJo66 said:
:scratchin I must remember to find out about getting a Christmas tree in our room. Oh, and decorations!

I was thinking about taking little gifts for our room steward, waiters etc. I just can't seem to figure out what to get (since I have no idea if they will be female or male) Ideas anyone?
What a great idea! :thumbsup2 But DH would kill me if I packed decorations. As far as the gifts, I have no ideas now but with all this time I'll bet you could find things in the stores little at a time.

:wave2: Polly

Yeah, I am going to try to pick up little things here and there...I guess that I'll just take a little of everything and try to figure out who gets what when we get on The Magic.

OH! I think I'll check the after xmas sales this year :thumbsup2

For decorations, I think we'll try to do a small tree through Shirley - already decorated with the basics if that's possible. For our own packed decorations that take up very little room - I'm thinking window cling-ons that the kids will like to put on the sliding glass doors or mirrors, and maybe paper placemats for the table, etc. - all flat for the suitcase.

Gifts for servers/stewards - I'm a giftcard fan, especially when space-constrained. I guess I figure that without knowing these people or what they like, giftcards can only be beaten by cold hard cash, which is basically the same. Some of the giftcard holders are so cute, too - don't even need to wrap them!

Gifts for family - going to wrap pictures of the kids stuff that we leave at home. And, I plan to raid the shops for some "real" stuff to wrap - they'd want souvenirs anyway, so might as well kill two birds with one stone! Also going to do home-made gift certificates for the spa for DH, DM, and DF.

Gee - I think I have more planned in my head for Christmas 2007 than Christmas 2006! Terrible, isn't it?!

flexsmom,

Are you doing both 2006 & 2007 Christmas sailings?

We did a tree from Shirley in 2004. I think it was around $60. I was beautiful. Had lights and ornaments. She left us the box to re-pack it for the trip home. I won't bring it on my other cruises though. I don't want to ruin it.(Last time we drove down, this time we'll fly) I'm packing my DD's tree that she got for her American Girl doll. We'll bring lights and some small cheap ornaments. We also bring window clings, garland, and a big bow for our stateroom door. Many people had their doors decorated with lights, wrapping paper, signs, etc.

Have a great weekend!
Judy

:wave2: Judy,

How big was the tree from Shirley? Are we talkin' like tabletop size or actual small tree size?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter