12/20/07 Christmas Cruise 2007 (Updated DIS cruisers list)

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Meets' started by rsschneck, Mar 2, 2006.

1. rsschneck

rsschneck <font color="lime">DIS Party Bus Queen </font>

Who is going on the Christmas Cruise in 2007? The actual cruise date should be 12/22/07 (OOPS!)

We are going!!!!! :thumbsup2

This will be a 20th Anniversary Trip for DH and Myself! :eek:

We got a SPH room (have tried two times before with no success). I am so excited!

I am updating this first post to include the list of DISers who are cruising on the Christmas Cruise of 2007

DIS name Cabin number Guests sailing

rsschneck 5022 (SPH) 3 (DD age 10)
    rsschneck (parents) 5018 2
    flexsmom 4 (DD8, DS 4)
    flexsmom group consists of 14 people and 6 staterooms total
    rsjj 4 (DS 8, DS 5)
    magicalfam 5 5 (DS 18, DD16,DS15)
    4boons 6050 3 (DD13)
    solotraveler 2
    vavasmom 3 (DD12)
    nu cruzer (2 cabins) 5 (DS15,DD12)
    Bo'sMom
    Hockeychic 4 (DS18,DD15)
    Aisling Cat. 6 4 (DS22,DS15)
    PoohJen
    mwstar
    lharter 8540 4 (DS14, DD10)
    PPFQP
    Dreamsoftravel 2538 4 (DD10, DS6)
    Dreamsoftravel (parents)
    Dreamsoftravel (Brother's Family)
    lllpath 7074 2
    Kailey's Mom 7076 4 (DD9, DD4)
    njmom23girls (2 staterooms)
    Hoppy 4 (DD17, DD12)
    Hoppy (MIL)
    Hoppy (BIL, SIL, DS13, DS9)
    Hoppy (BIL, SIL and 2 kids ages 4 & 1)
    Rooms 6020-6026
    ValDisney 3 (DS8)
    ReggieB
    Mickey's n Me 2078 4 (DD15, DD14)
    Mickey's n Me 2080(GM and GD's from up above)
    Mickey's n Me 2082 & 2084 (SIL, BIL, DS14, DD12)
    Im A Princess 6010 2
    gottagoo 3 (DD 13)
    jestrell11 4 (DS 13, DD19)
    mwstar 7 (DD15 and DD friend 15, DD5, DD3, DS3)
    stillwater 7608 4 (DS12, DD12)
    stormys 7 (DS1 and Dniece2)
    CrusinLattas 2135 & 2137 (DD3, DS 21 months)
    scm 2609
    RSJRS 6536 2 adults and 6538 3 teens(DS 17, DS 13, DD 15)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. logan1_2000

logan1_2000 <font color=indigo>DIS Veteran<br><font color=red>

DW, DS (11, by then, 9 today!) and I just moved our 3/3/07 ressie to the 12/22/07 Eastern--our 3rd eastern, and second time in 7014 (next door in 7012 the other time on the magic). Our first cruise during xmas week--anyone know when chanukah is that year?--we did still have all the decorations up on the RCCL Radiance of the seas when we sailed on January 2nd this year, so we're looking forward to another festive ship.

And now that I'm checking in a couple days later to edit a typo, what, no one else makes plans 650+ days in advance?

4. flexsmom

flexsmom <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

Have a reservation on hold - just trying to convince DH it's a good thing to do! It would be the two of us, DD who'll be 8 then, DS who'll be 4, and my parents. Have to decide by Friday or we lose the reservation, so I'll let you know if we're a definite by then!

5. Soccermom-Cheri

Soccermom-Cheri one beachfront bungalow on Castaway Cay, please<br

We're also on hold for Christmas 2007 :thumbsup2 - by then DS will be 15 :-)sad2:) and DD will be 10. We'll be with 6 of our calm :rotfl2: sedate :rotfl: normal friends.

:woohoo:

6. rsjj

rsjj DIS Veteran

we might be in. i'm hoping... :goodvibes not sure if we're keeping it or not. but it is on hold. will be 4 of us, myself & DH, and 2DSs (8 & 5 at time of travel). it's SO long from now...can't seem to start thinking about it yet! but i guess some people do plan 650+ days in advance. i don't even know what i'm doing tomorrow, let alone the next week...so a whole "close to 2 years ahead" is really a long time for me!! :flower:

7. flexsmom

OK - we're definitely on. We're seriously locked in, too, with a non-refundable deposit! In some ways, I kind of like that, because it pretty much means we're not going to cancel lightly and DH won't just decide we shouldn't do it! I'm really excited about the prospect of being away at Christmas. I love all of our traditions at home, but I'm also looking forward to carrying over some of those traditions remotely in a way that doesn't involve large quantities of work on my part! :cool1:

I've been reading about a couple of other people on the main board who've booked, so we need to get them to sign up here! It may be 21 months out, but I'm already planning what my Perfect Gift Christmas-Themed Welcome Aboard surprise will be!

8. rsschneck

Good idea! I will need an Anniversary Celebration idea as well! :love:

Glad your on board :woohoo:

9. logan1_2000

logan1_2000 <font color=indigo>DIS Veteran<br><font color=red>

I'm addicted. No, it won't be our first Xmas week cruise. I went back this past week and booked three nights all nestled together tightly in 122 sq. ft. on the Sovereign of the Seas 12/26-12/29/06. Just to whet my appetite for next year's holiday week sailing. And to qualify for Platinum on RCCL's crown & anchor repeat cruiser program.

10. magicalfam5

magicalfam5 Mouseketeer

Just booked this week. Non-refundable deposit. There will be five of us--me, DH, DS18, DD16, DS15 (ages at time of cruise). It will be our 3rd cruise at Christmastime.

11. rsschneck

Okay! Looking at your signature. You have been on a Christmas Cruise once and have two more scheduled. What did you like so much about the Christmas sailing? How is the weather and the warmth of the water? Does the ship seem overly crowded? Did you receive a Ducky Williams Litho on your last Christmas Cruise (trying to figure out if he does one for each Chrstmas/New Year's Cruise)? How is the ship decorated? Do you bring gifts/stockings for the kids? Do people decorate their cabins with lights or anything?

12. magicalfam5

magicalfam5 Mouseketeer

We tried the 10 day Christmas cruise since it was longer. We're doing this years 10 day for the same reason. In 2007, we don't have any desire to go to the Med. so we booked for Christmas again. It was a little strange being away from the cold and snow at Christmas. We celebrated Christmas with my mom and siblings the weekend before we left (we don't have a large extended family and DH parents are deceased). As far as the temps, we wore shorts and short sleeves the whole time. The weather was great. It was a little chilly (shorts with sweatshirt) on Castaway Cay. A storm came through the night before we arrived at CC and we couldn't swim because the predator net was down so I don't know what the water was like. Not to sound corny but, the ship seemed so "magical". It was decorated so beautifully. They had Christmas carols, snow, santa (with one gift each for the kids) and much more. Our kids were old enough to understand that the cruise was their Christmas gift. I know that others brought stockings and small gifts. We ordered a tree from Shirley, and I brought garland and window clings for inside the cabin and a large bow for our door with a door sign also. Many others decorated also. I did see a cabin with lights outside on their cabin door! We did recieve a litho and a small box of chocolate. The ship didn't seem any more crowded than our cruise during the summer.

13. rsschneck

Thanks for the reply :thumbsup2

Our family really LOVES Christmas and the whole feeling of the season. Sounds like we will all have a MAGICAL time!

14. flexsmom

I'm so glad to hear that Shirlely can do trees! And I hadn't thought of window clings - my daughter loves to put those up and that will be a great idea for adding some Christmas touches, without adding much to the luggage load! We are definitely planning on stockings and some very small gifts under the tree. I figure if we are able to set up a few things at home before we leave, when we get back here, the kids will see what it is that they unwrapped pictures of on the ship.

I'm also thinking we may skip any excursions on Christmas Day - if anything we may get off and walk around in the afternoon, but we'll focus on excursions for St Thomas and then Castaway Cay, weather-dependent.

Has anyone seen a menu for Christmas dinners?

15. flexsmom

BUMP!

Looks like we're going to have the run of the ship at this rate! Or maybe many people were waiting to compare Med rates to Holiday rates to decide what to do for 2007!

16. 4boons

4boons 2000 DCL Vacation Video

Back on March 4th we moved our Thanksgiving 2006 to Christmas 2007. We will be in 6050. For this trip it will be the 3 boons DW, DD 13 and me DH aka "Benevolent Dictator" :rotfl2: DD 21 will probably stay home.

17. RonnieJo66

RonnieJo66 <font color=orange>Married her Prince!<br><font co

:wave2:

We are also booked for "The Santa Sailing"

It's myself, BeanoC (DH), DS 17 at the time of sailing and DD 15 at the time of sailing.

Christmas with the Mouse :thumbsup2 what more could ya ask for!!!

:wave: 4boons........saw a letter for Beano in the mail today ;) did ya like the CD?

18. 4boons

BeanoC,
    Thanks for the CD. It is wonderful and will help make the time until the santa sail go by a little faster. Looking forward to meeting you. enjoyed your written battle between you and Lynntenor on your last trip around the Magic.

19. RonnieJo66

RonnieJo66 <font color=orange>Married her Prince!<br><font co

Just bumping us back to page 1 :thumbsup2

:boat: :sail:

Come sail away, come sail away....come sail away with me! :woohoo:

20. flexsmom

So MagicalFam, when everyone says there is a "special menu" for Christmas dinner, what it is? I'm so glad to have a Christmas cruise alum who may be able to answer! We did Dec 04 but it was prior to Christmas. The decorations were wonderful as was the general atmosphere, but I have very little info about Christmas Day itself.

21. 4boons

Are we there yet?