10/24/2009 Bash On the Boat (I'm with B.O.B.) - Thread 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Jeff for the bread crumbs. I had to study for a CEBS exam that I took this morning (I passed :banana:) and could not dis. 6 down 2 to go.:scared1:

Thanks Jeff for the bread crumbs. I had to study for a CEBS exam that I took this morning (I passed :banana:) and could not dis. 6 down 2 to go.:scared1:

Congrats on passing the exam!! I keep wanting to take the CPA exam :teacher:(for accountants) and I STINK at test taking. Don't need it for my career, but would be nice to have those 3 letters after my name!

Morning all :wave:

Cass: Great pics of Kira. Thanks for the fix. :cutie: I loved the family picture too. :hug:

Joanne: Thanks for the anniversary wishes. Our actual anniversary is June 14th, but we went away the weekend before just because it worked better with our busy weekends.

I think Angie should get a few googley's :sail: for getting the last post on the thread. Anyone else agree? :flower3:

Looks like I missed this discussion.

Hi everyone! I just wanted to post today to say we are having a great time! The crowds are not that bad (manageable with Fastpass) and it is hot (we are in Florida, afterall). We met up with my sister andher family last night and had a blast riding the rides at MK. Her girls are so cute and it was wonderful to see Disney through their eyes (they are all first timers--DSis and DBIL, too)....

Kidani Village is AWESOME!!! If I get to log on later, I'll try to post pics, but for now, I have to think about getting moving. We are headed to TL today!:cool1:

Welcome to any new cruisers out there!!:goodvibes

:woohoo::woohoo:good to hear from you Paige

Had a great day riding through Southeastern New Hampshire. It was like a roller coaster ride. Weather was great except for 10 minutes of rain. Hope today will hold out for us too. More riding. Don't know where we are going yet. I go with the flow. :confused3 Di

My crossed fingers worked then.

Monday afternoon FO.

Oops - sorry about post above - not FO (don't know WHAT is wrong with me this morning!!)

Good morning everyone! It's a rainy, yucky day here in Virginia this morning. Have a KILLER sinus headache:sick:, but hopefully will disappear soon. I started on Weight Watchers today and will not STOP until the cruise. I am DETERMINED to get some weight off. I don't have a particular number in my head - to hit before the cruise, but my goal is to be comfortable getting my picture taken since memories are the most important souvenir of the cruise.

Told DH all about the "Fish Extenders" and DIS Tag - he looked at me cross-eyed and was like..."This is our first cruise - do you REALLY want to do this??" I told him I've been waiting 15 years to go on a cruise (and don't know WHEN the next one will be) and I'm doing this one up BIG, by-golly!!)".:woohoo: Then he said he wants to make one ourselves - anyone have a pattern?? Becca (8 year old DD) is REALLY excited about the DIS tag - getting stuff everyday is exciting to her!

Well - better do SOME semblance of work today - my boss just put in her 2 weeks notice and I need to suck her brain dry to get all her knowledge out before she leaves (very sad she's leaving as she is an AWESOME boss!!):(

You go girl. Remember....don't get hung up on a number for ww. What ever you loose should be your goal.

Thanks for the link, Cass!! I will definitely use it.

We want to make the most out of our cruising experience, so we are going all out on the "extra" stuff. Just make each thing a little more special!:love:

Good for you. You'll enjoy every minute.

Who's up for more bug pictures:rolleyes1

If not skip this post real quick - hes big and hairy:scared:

He flew into our garden on Saturday - no idea what he was, but he was well over and inch long:scared:

P1070269.jpg

P1070281.jpg

P1070282.jpg

and heres a fly I photographed on the patio window...yes, I really AM that wierd:lmao:
P1070148.jpg

Back to nicer posts now

My passion flower was really hit hard this year by the frosts, had to cut about 6 foot off every stem as it had half died. Here's the first flower of the year:banana:...whats funny is that it looks like the goblin is wearing it in his hair:lmao:

P1070289.jpg

Heres my night time sky shot for college on Thursday - its not very good but I couldnt use my tripod so its a bit blurry

P1070303.jpg

P1070300.jpg

And heres another macro, but a nicer subject than a big hairy bug:goodvibes
P1070309.jpg

Geez, I've worked hard today.

Caught up on ALL my chores and housework. All I have for tomorrow is a little ironing and I'm done.

Busy week this week, planning and organising for the school summer fair on Friday evening. It's going to be a long day that day - 8.45am til about 10pm. We have to sort all the donations, prep the games, direct the outsource entertainment like bouncy castles, fire engines etc, organise volunteers, set up the stalls, risk assessment etc etc etc... the list goes on and on. I just hope for good weather. Its our biggest fund raiser of the year and if the weather is good we make 2-3 thousand £:banana:

I'm trying to keep ahead of myself on chores so I have Friday to concentrate on raising big bucks:goodvibes

June 14th was also Dan's parents' anniversary. Small world!

N

:love:Congrats to them too then. :love:

Oops - sorry about post above - not FO (don't know WHAT is wrong with me this morning!!)

Good morning everyone! It's a rainy, yucky day here in Virginia this morning. Have a KILLER sinus headache:sick:, but hopefully will disappear soon. I started on Weight Watchers today and will not STOP until the cruise. I am DETERMINED to get some weight off. I don't have a particular number in my head - to hit before the cruise, but my goal is to be comfortable getting my picture taken since memories are the most important souvenir of the cruise.

Told DH all about the "Fish Extenders" and DIS Tag - he looked at me cross-eyed and was like..."This is our first cruise - do you REALLY want to do this??" I told him I've been waiting 15 years to go on a cruise (and don't know WHEN the next one will be) and I'm doing this one up BIG, by-golly!!)".:woohoo: Then he said he wants to make one ourselves - anyone have a pattern?? Becca (8 year old DD) is REALLY excited about the DIS tag - getting stuff everyday is exciting to her!

Well - better do SOME semblance of work today - my boss just put in her 2 weeks notice and I need to suck her brain dry to get all her knowledge out before she leaves (very sad she's leaving as she is an AWESOME boss!!):(

We have a few of us following WW Angie. Good luck with it. :flower3:

BTW....I sure wish my boss would leave...she's not so awesome. :rolleyes:

CEBS??? :confused3 Congrats anyway Leisha! :hug:

No offense to Angie, but how so? :confused3

Becky posted after Angie and before I came on to state that I started the new thread. Cass and Becky both posted after me, but before the thread was closed, with Becky being the post right before the Mod (I wouldn't give it to a Mod, but that would be funny. :rotfl: I think they'd win the game though. ;) ).

Then there is the discussion regarding whether the post needs to be at 3,750 per the rules.

Nevermind. I was looking at avatars this morning and Angie's resembles Mommasita's so I thought she had the last post. :upsidedow

I thought the last post was worth something.

Karen, I love your pics...even the hairy bug one's! :lmao:
Do we all need to beware of you on the cruise with your camera now? ;)

I think I need to change my lunch break time. No one is around to talk to me? Geeeez, I can get that kind of treatment right here at work. :goodvibes

Karen, I love your pics...even the hairy bug one's! :lmao:
Do we all need to beware of you on the cruise with your camera now? ;)

Sorry Nancy - I'm here now - just deleting loads of pm's. I was up to 98% capacity, now I'm down to 11 messages:woohoo:

You dont need to beware of me at all.... I do usually ask before I snap a piccie:thumbsup2...unless you're wearing a bra on the dance floor and then you're just fair game and asking for it:lmao:

You had much time to play with your camera yet?

I'm still after the Panasonic TZ7 - but I'm a long way off saving for it yet. Until then I'm happy with my little FX01:goodvibes

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOANNEL
Yes it was fun, I tried to make the monkey the other night and failed, so I guess I didn't learn much!!

Good Morning
Weren't you paying attention to your teacher:rotfl:. I will admit Joanne I don't think I could do it either
I see in the new issue of Disney Files they have opened up another restaurant at Downtown Disney besides the REX and ,also I see they have added a Hot Air Balloon ride. When we go to Downtown be for we leave for the Port we can check out both restaurents and see which one we want to try. Or we have the good old stand by Earl of Sandwich.
Well I only have a couple more weeks of work and I will be done until next Spring.
I have made enought to put some extra in the Cruise account and when I got my $ 250.00 SS stimulas I put $100.00 dollars of that into it.
with senen days at sea and around the beaches an pool on ship the KK account will have a little extra:lmao::lmao:.
I know you bumming about the three game loss to the Sox.
Go Sox right Roger.
Everybody have a super Sunday
MasonLogo.gif

LunchatBeachblanket.jpg
Soon we will be there

I guess I didn't read back far enough. No I was not able to make the monkey. Finally got the body, but couldn't figure out the head!!

We can eat where ever you like. I didn't see the new places when we were there, didin't walk around too hot and Mom doesn't walk well these days. We are up for what ever you want to do.

Looked at more excursions yesterday. Do you want to go to the beach on St Thomas? We can take a cab to Saphire beach and just hang out, there is snorkling, floats Kyaks etc there? For St Marteen what about the Truk Bay? I don't think the jet boats are for us either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter