10/24/2009 Bash On the Boat (I'm with B.O.B.) - Thread 24

Status
Not open for further replies.

JLDSMD

Platinum Castaway Club
This is Thread #24 of the BOB threads. Over 88,000 posts and still going strong.

If you're new to our group, you're not alone. Several of us have sailed together before (on the 10/20/07 Western Cruise - a.k.a. Konked Kruisers) and several more are new. To indicate the ones new to the group, we have put an * infront of their DIS name.

Here is the link to Thread #1

Here is the link to Thread #2

Here is the link to Thread #3

Here is the link to Thread #4

Here is the link to Thread #5

Here is the link to Thread #6

Here is the link to Thread #7

Here is the link to Thread #8

Here is the link to Thread #9

Here is the link to Thread #10

Here is the link to Thread #11

Here is the link to Thread #12

Thread #13 was omitted to not inject once ounce of bad luck into this cruise!

Here is the link to Thread #14

Here is the link to Thread #15

Here is the link to Thread #16

Here is the link to Thread #17

Here is the link to Thread #18

Here is the link to Thread #19

Here is the link to Thread #20

Here is the link to Thread #21

The following is the same as the other first posts. For those of you new to our DIS Meet thread - WELCOME. There is plenty of good info in this post.

As usual, I'll be back here to update this post periodically. I will try to keep important information up here for all to reference as well as for all our new friends who come to cruise with us. If something of importance comes up, PM me and I will add the link.

We have dubbed this cruise "The Bash on the Boat" because so many people are celebrating birthdays or anniversaries on this cruise. You will also see "KK2" in the title. As you will read, many of us just sailed together on the 10/20/07 Western Cruise. So, with many of us returning here, we are dubbing this KK2. For those of you who didn't sail with us, please don't feel that you are not part of the group. We are a very open and welcoming/friendly bunch. We had such a great cruise last time, but feel it will be even better this time. Come along and enjoy the fun. We will get off-topic many times over the next 2 years, but it is a great way to get to know everyone.

First, here is the list of Characters:

*2Princes_&_1Princess = Brandee and Justin and their 3 kids. Florida.
A Fat English Gent = Chris and Hazel and their 3 kids. England.
B9erSteve = Steve and Laura. They will be traveling with their DS and DD. California.
*Brisully = Brian and his GF Sue. Chicago.
*captchris = Christian and Elaine and our DD 9 and DS 7. Connecticut. (also) Christian's parents and sister.
*CarrianneB = Carrianne and Rob with their 2 DS who will be 7 and 9. Wisconsin.
Cheryl N. WI = Cheryl and Al with their DD and Friend who will be 15. Wisconsin.
*ciao_gina = Gina and DH with their DS who will be 7. California.
cntkg1 = Nancy G. and Chuck (a.k.a. Charlie Tuna). Wisconsin.
*danandnan = Dan and Nancy K. Maine
*Dee73 = Ron and Diane and their DS(10) and DD(8) and Diane's parents. Canada.
Disgrits = Paige and Rob. Virginia.
dizneycrazy4 = Janice and Mark with their DS(14) and DD(10). Wisconsin.
Dyerneeds/Tart Annihilator = Mike and Robin. Ohio.
*EPCOT_VA/Tinkerbell.RN = Matthew and Beth and their DD's who will be 10 and 12. Virginia.
*firefighter chris = Chris and Melissa and DD 8. Wisconsin
*Goofy4Ever = Lisa and Quincy and DS(14), DstepS(14). Wisconsin
goofyfreak = Lori and Scott with their 3 kids (also extended family). Virginia
GOS = Heather and Rick. England
*goslingl = Leisha and Tom from Kentucky
*gstroop28 = Angie and Dave and DD's (11 and 8-bday is sailaway). Virginia
*hockeychic = Kim and Mike and their DD who will be 17. Canada
*JENNANDJARYD = Jenn and her DS who will be 12. Colorado
JLDSMD = Jeff and his wife Suz and their DS who will be 9. Wisconsin
*JOANNEL = Joanne and Roger. Florida
Karen Mouse = Karen and Neil and their DS who will also be 9. England
*kdzgon = Laurie and Chuck and their DGS's (6 and 4). Florida
*krazy4cruising = Jennifer and DH and DS (5) and DD (6 months). Canada
*LeesyUD / DasBeast = Lisa and Dave. Pennsylvania
medicalman = Sean and Cath with their DD. England
*mickeyluv = Pam and Glen and their DD (12). North Carolina (traveling with Jill and Steve and their DD from England)
millerpjm = Jen and Pete with their DS who will be 6. Wisconsin
Morsel = Chris and Lynn. New York
*Nerbie Pie = Bernie and Sean and their kids Bailey and Gary. Canada.
*NOKIDZ = Chris and Lori. Wasaga Beach, Ontario, Canada
Scouter = Rose traveling w/ her friend June (Bob is not coming :sad1: ). New York
ST Cruisers = Tony and Stacy. Wisconsin.
*sunshinegirl = Tricia and Kevin and their kids Jillian (8) and Cassie (6). Indiana
Timon/Darkrobe = Cass and Rob and their DD Kira (3 at the time of sailing). Canada
*tinkerbellmom1 = Sheri and Pat with their DS Dakota and DS Austin 15. Nevada
*tomspixie = Tiffany and Tom. Illinois
Walt & Di = Walt and Di (pretty easy to remember that one). Texas

Friends of the Bash on the Boat--Friends that cannot join us this time around. You will all be missed!
arielhead = Tanya and DH with their DD (will be 14) and DS (will be 9). West Virginia.
CRSNDSNY = Melody and EB with their DD (4) and DS (2). Pennsylvania.
disney1990 = Libby and Skip. Maryland
DISNEYDUET = Shelley and Woody. Virginia.
minnieandmickey = Becky and Sean. California.
mohrt2 = Frank. Connecticut
njprincess = Kathy. New Jersey
Oybolshoi = Brenda and Jason. Missouri.
Team Fun Pants = Kristin and Jesse. Wisconsin.
tikimimi and tikimack--Mimi and Mack. Georgia

I will try to update that list as we go. If I forgot anyone or if you want different info posted, please PM me. I will NOT be putting room numbers up on this post.

A good place to start for planning this trip would be Cass' website. She has done a great job to organize almost everything you'll need for this cruise and posting here on the BOB board. Here is the link to Cass' site Cass B.O.B. Information Site

Here are links to posts that we found important through this and the previous threads.

IMPORTANT DATES
Online Reservations

SIGNATURE LINE LOGOS
Besides the logos you can find on Cass' site, here are the ones with the "Ship in the Bottle".

DIS TAG
More to come on this. If you see us talking about it and want to play, please PM Karen (Karen Mouse) or Jen (millerpjm).

DIS Tag list with Deck Breakdown

CLIP ART FOR DOOR MAGNETS
Door Magnet Clip Art

EXCURSIONS
St. Thomas and St. John DCL Excursions

Non Disney Excursions for St. Thomas and St. John

In case you're wondering how the points work for the Googley Eye Game (click here). For the final official post on the thread, click here.

In case anyone is wondering what the FO game we play here on the B.O.B. cruise meets thread, here is the explanation:
FO is a game (for lack of a better description) that was started on the Konked Kruiser thread that some of us belonged to for the October 07 cruise. The term FO was started by afeg.

Anyway, the game in a nutshell....if you post, and your post is the beginning of a page, then you try to get the second post on the page also. It means you have started a "Fresh One".

Now, this isn't always as easy as it seems - if there are multiple posters on at the same time, and someone else gets the second post, you don't get to "claim the FO". The 40 second rule between postings comes into play.

Hey, aren't we down to less than 19 weeks now? :cool1:

It is coming up soon. :banana:

Yay! First one to post after Swiper on new thread!!

Going to bed now - have a fantastic night everyone! TTFN!

Angiepirate:

I went back and read the remainder of #23.

Cass - Kira has so grown up since we last saw her. I loved this photo.

kira-horse-hat.jpg

Becky - Sorry I missed you guys again!

Robin - I'll PM you nearer the time to get your numbers. I think Walt and Di are joining us. Is that correct?

Monday morning calls and I have work to do. Laters peeps.

Cass - loved Kiras photos and video on the last thread - that was so cute and funny when she just stuck to the netting:cutie::rotfl:

Hi all! Thanks for the breadcrumbs, Jeff!

I'll have to go back and finish reading #23....did I miss anything important?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOANNEL
Yes it was fun, I tried to make the monkey the other night and failed, so I guess I didn't learn much!!

Good Morning
Weren't you paying attention to your teacher:rotfl:. I will admit Joanne I don't think I could do it either
I see in the new issue of Disney Files they have opened up another restaurant at Downtown Disney besides the REX and ,also I see they have added a Hot Air Balloon ride. When we go to Downtown be for we leave for the Port we can check out both restaurents and see which one we want to try. Or we have the good old stand by Earl of Sandwich.
Well I only have a couple more weeks of work and I will be done until next Spring.
I have made enought to put some extra in the Cruise account and when I got my $ 250.00 SS stimulas I put $100.00 dollars of that into it.
with senen days at sea and around the beaches an pool on ship the KK account will have a little extra:lmao::lmao:.
I know you bumming about the three game loss to the Sox.
Go Sox right Roger.
Everybody have a super Sunday
MasonLogo.gif

LunchatBeachblanket.jpg
Soon we will be there

Morning all :wave:

Cass: Great pics of Kira. Thanks for the fix. :cutie: I loved the family picture too. :hug:

Joanne: Thanks for the anniversary wishes. Our actual anniversary is June 14th, but we went away the weekend before just because it worked better with our busy weekends.

I think Angie should get a few googley's :sail: for getting the last post on the thread. Anyone else agree? :flower3:

Is anyone else finding it takes ridicuously long to get into their pm's? :confused3

Hi everyone! I just wanted to post today to say we are having a great time! The crowds are not that bad (manageable with Fastpass) and it is hot (we are in Florida, afterall). We met up with my sister andher family last night and had a blast riding the rides at MK. Her girls are so cute and it was wonderful to see Disney through their eyes (they are all first timers--DSis and DBIL, too)....

Kidani Village is AWESOME!!! If I get to log on later, I'll try to post pics, but for now, I have to think about getting moving. We are headed to TL today!:cool1:

Welcome to any new cruisers out there!!:goodvibes

I went back and read the remainder of #23.

Cass - Kira has so grown up since we last saw her. I loved this photo.

kira-horse-hat.jpg

Becky - Sorry I missed you guys again!

Robin - I'll PM you nearer the time to get your numbers. I think Walt and Di are joining us. Is that correct?

Yep you are right. We are joining. Di

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter