10,000th post - with a Trip Report and a full Disney Dining Plan Analysis

Welcome Chelley...
This is the only FP I have left... but I did promise it. It maybe expired, but just tell them you had a dining reservation... :lmao: :rotfl2:

7570B1A8-AB54-4392-B904-6C8A50551F1C-1894-000002F0142F8087.jpg

Hey - thanks!! You're the best! We'll use it in December - I'll just hold my hand over the date....it'll be fine!! ;) :rotfl:

Knoxvegas is about 2 hour from me... I was in Pigeon Forge on Saturday.

Wrote a breif TR on our other site.

I love pirating other peoples threads for my own agenda. pirate:

Wow small world this time huh, because we were also in Pigeon Forge also on Sat. Went to Smokey Mountain Knife works and Krystal Burger for lunch. Did the Titanic Experience, dropped by the aquarium, and capped it off with shopping at some of the little markets there. OK OK I wont thread jack. I just was excited and disappointed a disdad was in the same area as me and didn't meet them. Ohh well maybe next time.

Wow small world this time huh, because we were also in Pigeon Forge also on Sat. Went to Smokey Mountain Knife works and Krystal Burger for lunch. Did the Titanic Experience, dropped by the aquarium, and capped it off with shopping at some of the little markets there. OK OK I wont thread jack. I just was excited and disappointed a disdad was in the same area as me and didn't meet them. Ohh well maybe next time.

wow donald, how was the titanic experience?

wow donald, how was the titanic experience?

Now this will be the last jack, I am just waiting for the TR to show up. But it was fun. You get a ticket with your name and occupation, where you were sleeping at etc on the ship. You take a tour seeing what the ship looked like even has a grand staircase full scale to see what that was like to walk it. You even can simulate what it be like to be out on the observation deck trying to spot icebergs and on the observation deck they have some tanks of water at the same temperature as the water the survivors had to swim in. Then by the end of sight seeing and the tour you find out if you survived or not because you find your name on the card and look at the list of survivors. I was in First Class and was an wealthy rail owner and I died!

It was completely worth it!!!

I was like a kid in a candy store when I went in there.

When I was in there I was also. I bought some new toys in there including I am a big time predator and alien fan, and bought another predator mask. I also noticed they now have a THE WALKING DEAD area also. Got some stuff there too.

Now this will be the last jack, I am just waiting for the TR to show up. But it was fun. You get a ticket with your name and occupation, where you were sleeping at etc on the ship. You take a tour seeing what the ship looked like even has a grand staircase full scale to see what that was like to walk it. You even can simulate what it be like to be out on the observation deck trying to spot icebergs and on the observation deck they have some tanks of water at the same temperature as the water the survivors had to swim in. Then by the end of sight seeing and the tour you find out if you survived or not because you find your name on the card and look at the list of survivors. I was in First Class and was an wealthy rail owner and I died!

It was completely worth it!!!

that sounds great. im going to have to check it out sometime. :thumbsup2

Whoa...

The pressure.

I was planning on getting organized and starting this weekend.

But here goes...

ill start it for you brian.

we loaded up the dog sled. closed and locked the door to the igloo and headed out. the lead dog had to pee so we were late.

(next)

Who are we?

We live just North of Toronto, in the city of Richmond Hill.

This is me...

Brian
I have been to Disney a few times as a kid, mostly off site.
I got the Disney bug right away. Love it for the whole origination, and attention to detail. I am the ring leader of the group... I am the obsessive planner.
Disney2012233.jpg

My wife Sheri
Also a Disney Fanatic, her first trip to WDW was while we were still dating in 1996. She did visit Disneyland as a child. She is the support and backbone of my obsession. Her job is to roll with the punches. She is small and mighty. Not a daredevil, she doesn't do big rides, roller coasters, speed, heights, or drops. She is a big fan of shows, characters, dining, and becoming a kid again.
Disney2012502640x480.jpg

My Daughter Bayley
Her first trip was at the age of 6. Now 10 years old this was her third trip to WDW. She is a slice of her mother. Self proclaimed ride chicken, her big step is going on Soarin', as she says "It freaks me out". But she does it, and she is a trooper. She loves the pool, and going on adventures.
Disney2012498640x480.jpg

My Son Seth
His first trip was at the age of 4. Now 8 years old this was his third trip as well. He is a carbon copy of his father. A risk taking daredevil. Nothing scares him, and he goes balls to the walls. He is sharp as a whip, nothing gets past him.
Disney2012505640x480.jpg

Indeed great family... I was just going to wait until you posted the whole TR

So we planned this trip exactly 1 year in advance.

In Aug 2011, WDW offered Free Dining for the 2012 year. It was offered for certain days up until March 2012 for the general public, but it went right into August and September for Canadians only... Yay Canada. :cool1:

We booked a standard room at Port Orleans Riverside, as they were aggressively going through refurbs and changing all (most) rooms to Queen Size beds. I am 6'2 and a hefty guy, as much as I love WDW, I dread the double beds at the Value resorts we've stayed at in the past.

We generally like to arrive on Saturday, and start our park days on Sunday. But the FD offer only started on Sunday, so we booked Aug 19 - 26. With the intent of arriving Saturday with a continuing reservation (this is important later on in this report). So we booked a 1 night hotel only stay at Rack Rate for Saturday August 18th, with the intent of changing this reservation as other promos came available.

Early 2012, Disney announced some room only discounts for our Aug 18th date. I called up, changed our reservation, and pocketed $40. :cool1:
However as I watched my credit card statements come in, I never saw the $40 refund come through. Curious.

Oh, and if I didn't mention yet. The kids have NO CLUE we have this trip planned.

Next installment - the kids receive a special invitation.

but it went right into August and September for Canadians only... Yay Canada. :cool1:

][/QUOTE]

im going to have to bring this up at the next share holders meeting. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter