10,000th post - with a Trip Report and a full Disney Dining Plan Analysis

twokids0204

DIS Dad #561
Folks of the DISBoards.

Let me first introduce myself.

:mic: My name is Brian, and I am a DISDad. :mic:

I've been here on the DISboards since Jan. 2009, when I booked my first WDW vacation with my family. I've been to WDW a few times before that, but really played it by ear. Woke up in the morning, and said "What park do you want to do today?". I always had a magical and meorable time, but quickly learnt there was more strategies I should try to soak up. So I turned to my trusted compadre Google. But every time I asked it a question, it seemed to always sent me to the DISBoards. So I figured, cut out the middle man, join and ask myself. And I have never looked back.

It was about 2 years ago, that I stumbled across a bunch of guys here, who have the same obsession as me. The love Disney and the strong bond of Family. I humbly asked them to join, and even though I am a Canadian, they allowed me in to their prestigious group. There I made friends that will last a lifetime. In fact we get together when we can. This January watch out WDW, the DISDads will be there in full force Marathon weekend. And yes, we even have Nemesis's. Which brings me to Scott... if you follow along my Trip Report you will likely meet my Nemesis Scott. Mild Mannered Car salesmen by day (OK not exactly), but by night he assumes the role (often losing role) of being my nemesis. His family is lovely, him not so much. The reason I bring this up, is if you choose to follow along on my Trip Report, I am sure he will be here with a nasty comment or two. Feel free to toss rotten tomatoes his way. If you are also a DISDad please come join us.

So why did I choose HERE to make my 10,000 post?

Well I just returned yesterday from 8 days of Magic and Fun at WDW in POR. And as I said earlier (and the rest of the DISDad's will understand) Family is #1 (with a close second by Donald Duck). So I dedicate this hopefully detailed Trip report to my family.

Please follow along, if we haven't yet met introduce yourself, I don't bite.

Things to look forward to:

- Tragedy a week before leaving
- Friends, Neighbors, and DISdad meets all over the world
- A Beverly contest you don't want to miss
- And the clincher for a lot of you.... Detailed Dining Plan review and cost benefit

I am still getting settled in back at home, so this report will likely start this weekend. Put please join now... before the price of admission goes up. I also will be handing out Fastpasses shortly.

Oh and LOTS of pics to follow...

Disney Dining Plan.... Worth the money?

Here is a summary, pics and details can be found inside the Trip Report.

This is a day by day breakdown of what Dining Credits were used what days, and the value I would have had to spend if paying. The values are totals, tax included, with any appetizers or alcohol, and tips backed out.

This is also based on 4 ADULT dining plans. We went during free dining, and I upgraded my DS8 to an Adult so he can choose what he wants on all menus.

August 19
4 x Mugs = $61.73
3 x Counter Serves = $58.16
1 x Snack = $4.25
1 x Snack = $3.41
4 x Table Serve = $161.88

August 20
1 x Counter Serve = $12.85
2 x Counter Serve = $32.52
1 x Snack = $4.79
1 x Snack = $3.62
4 x Table Serve = $138.41

August 21
3 x Counter Serve = $49.64
4 x Snack = $14.00
1 x Snack = $3.62
4 x Table Serve = $115.43

Running Total
Snacks Used: 9 of 28
Counter Serves Used: 9 of 28
Table Serves Used: 12 of 28

Total Cost: $664.31

Actual Cost of Dining Plan - Non-Peak Season $51.54 x 4 (people) x 7 (nights) = $1443.12

Lots of reserved. Let's see some details.

Wow, Norm's impatient...

I'm in! popcorn::

Edited to add:

Dammit! Looks like this thread has two milestones on the first page....ah, well....there's always 2,000....

I feel like I'm at the construction wall on new fantasyland and waiting and waiting to get in

There’s a nasty rumor goin’ ‘round (started by nasty rumorers no doubt)
that there’s a trip report starting up over here.

If there’s any truth to that …

Count me in!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter