10,000th post - with a Trip Report and a full Disney Dining Plan Analysis

Another long day here at work. I didnt have that much time today to log in. Did I miss anything?

Your children are so cute!! I know with my grandmunchkins, that when we tell them we are going, they get a bit surprised, but as time goes by, they are over the top excited!! :goodvibes:

Looking forward to more of your families adventures!!

Thanks ShortStuff... I think I'll keep 'em...
Although some days, they push the limit a bit.

Seems to me I've seen these people before.....how peculiar!

I still think it was a great idea about the letter from Mickey.

Great start Nemmy.

Wow, thanks Nemesis... you said something Nice... Hmmm...

Ackbar.jpg

Nice planning and recovery Brian, it was a good save! We will be surprising our grandkids with a trip to the world in 16 days. I hope their reaction is, well, more excited :lmao:

Gotta stay on your toes around these kids!

Subscribed! I'll have to read later though.

Welcome Mike... It'll be here waiting. :thumbsup2

Of course, I said I liked your plan, not that you ought to go with it.
We all know who is in charge in a happy household…
now don’t we?

Well played sir!

Ehhh… it happens.
Ya’ still done good.

Nice update. Lookin’ forward to the rest of the story.

Happy Wife... Happy Ummm.... well.... last nagging!

Try to stay strong and go...the longer I waited, the more details I forgot, and abandoned it altogether. :lmao:

I did take some Notes, just haven't uploaded or sifted through many pics yet.
I'm in no rush, then again I was there... :rotfl2:

Poor kid.

I thought you said he was just like his father? :confused3

He holds the title of Vice Controller... ;)

So maybe you'd get a more significant reaction if you just said, "hey kids, we're never going back to Disney World.":confused3:rotfl2:

I realize this is the wrong TR for this, but... Lie.

You know you were the one that wanted the monorail. Don't even act like it wasn't.

There wasn't a doubt in my mind.

Great improvisation. :thumbsup2

I could never tell them we are never going back, just in case I believed it. As for the monorail, I did get a quote... :rotfl2:

Sorry corporate Disney rained on your parade, but you did a great job improvising!

The man layed down the law... and I still gave him a huge wad of $$$$

Whoohoo! A fellow Canadian :) :cool1:

Be careful, some of these guys don't take well to us. We have to stick together, tall, strong and mighty.
Oh, exceprt for Brent, he's a teddy bear that works at the LCBO. ;)

Jumpin in now. will catch up later!

carry on.

Welcome James.

no update today? :confused3
another canadian holiday? popcorn::

Dave... I will try to have a couple more updates before you leave.

Another long day here at work. I didnt have that much time today to log in. Did I miss anything?

Just that the new Halloween decorations are up at MK, but 'round here. Not alot, but stay tuned.

As I promised... In this trip report, I will be doing a full analysis of the Disney Dining Plan.

I am still in the midst of tallying all my receipts.

I am looking forward to the results, as I am hope most of you are. :thumbsup2

Thanks ShortStuff... I think I'll keep 'em...
Although some days, they push the limit a bit.

Wow, thanks Nemesis... you said something Nice... Hmmm...

Ackbar.jpg

Gotta stay on your toes around these kids!

Welcome Mike... It'll be here waiting. :thumbsup2

Happy Wife... Happy Ummm.... well.... last nagging!

I did take some Notes, just haven't uploaded or sifted through many pics yet.
I'm in no rush, then again I was there... :rotfl2:

He holds the title of Vice Controller... ;)

I could never tell them we are never going back, just in case I believed it. As for the monorail, I did get a quote... :rotfl2:

The man layed down the law... and I still gave him a huge wad of $$$$

Be careful, some of these guys don't take well to us. We have to stick together, tall, strong and mighty.
Oh, exceprt for Brent, he's a teddy bear that works at the LCBO. ;)

Welcome James.

Dave... I will try to have a couple more updates before you leave.

Just that the new Halloween decorations are up at MK, but 'round here. Not alot, but stay tuned.

before i leave!!!!! thats 12 days. :lmao: i figured you would be done and it would be a nice send off for randall,david and myself.:thumbsup2

And here is the Magical Moment caught on tape... (sometimes things don't always get that huge response you are looking for) :rotfl2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTen3de8Z5M&feature=plcp

Just watched this. Great video! Never can predict with kids.

My son Mark watched the video with me. He said he thought he knew the boy in the video. I told him you met him last week and rode Mission Space together. He said, "Oh yeah, my Disney friend." Then he wanted to know why Seth was on the computer and he wasn't.

Great shot with Jasmine, by the way. ;)

before i leave!!!!! thats 12 days. :lmao: i figured you would be done and it would be a nice send off for randall,david and myself.:thumbsup2

THat's a lot of pressure Dave... :scared1:

Anxiously waiting. We are doing the QS dining plan for the first time this trip.

I've tallied the receipts, so at least I know the results.... :rotfl2:

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Just got to watch the video.
That was priceless.

Thanks... I may as well have told them we were going to the dentist. :lmao: :lmao:

Just watched this. Great video! Never can predict with kids.

My son Mark watched the video with me. He said he thought he knew the boy in the video. I told him you met him last week and rode Mission Space together. He said, "Oh yeah, my Disney friend." Then he wanted to know why Seth was on the computer and he wasn't.

Great shot with Jasmine, by the way. ;)

Welcome Chris... We had fun meeting your family as well.
But that' is still a few days away, we still have to get to the "week before tragedy", then "travel day"

So we are all set to leave Saturday, August 18th. We will be flying out of Rochester NY. DW took the day off Friday August 17th to tie up some loose ends, complete packing, etc...
Meanwhile, I still have to work Friday, and I have to get DD to an Orthodontist appointment.
But we are now quite prepared to deal with this... and hopefully no obstacles get in our way.

Oh paging Mr. Murphy... your Law needs to be invoked.

Sunday August 12th, 8:30 pm. Phone Rings - DW answers it, it's her father. DW gets the news that her aunt (Her dad's sister) just passed away. He is in tears, and can't talk. Hangs up.

WHAT???

We don't know when the funeral is, don't know any details. Just have our fingers crossed that it doesn't interfere with our departure.

She also lived about 3 1/2 hours away from us.

We find out the funeral is going to be Friday Morning @ 11:00.

So DW arranges with her 3 sisters to go down together, they will head down Thursday night stay in a Hotel, visit family, go to the funeral and head right home after.

I worked from home, while the kids stayed home with me doing their things. Took DD to her Orthodontist appointment.

DW arrived home at around 4:30 pm, said she had a really nice send off, and gave all our love to the family.
After that it was a mad scramble for us to get packed, and ready to leave bright and early the next morning.

Next Up - Travel Day - I HATE TRAVEL DAY!!!!

Wait!!!!

Ok, I'm here now and all caught up. You can continue. But hurry up and get to the part where I show up in the TR. I don't want to ruin the surprise for everyone else, but there's a good chance that will be the best part. :thumbsup2

Wait!!!!

Ok, I'm here now and all caught up. You can continue. But hurry up and get to the part where I show up in the TR. I don't want to ruin the surprise for everyone else, but there's a good chance that will be the best part. :thumbsup2

I think the Jasmine meeting may beat you there Barry. Sorry.

twokids0204 said:
As I promised... In this trip report, I will be doing a full analysis of the Disney Dining Plan.

I am still in the midst of tallying all my receipts.

I am looking forward to the results, as I am hope most of you are. :thumbsup2

Looking forward to this. I know I'm a finance geek, but I can deal so you can too.

FreezinRafiki said:
Wait!!!!

Ummmm.... Sure Barry. What ever you say.

ClearScreen said:
I think the Jasmine meeting may beat you there Barry. Sorry.

Heck, I think meeting King Louie would be better than meeting Barry. :lol:

Well well well...hello neighbour! Looking forward to reading a trip report from a fellow Richmond Hiller! It's a small world after all. Where have I heard that before? :rolleyes1:

I can't wait to read more.:)

Welcome Ms. Poppins.

Wait!!!!

Welcome Barry...
I am not even sure you're gonna make this trip report. Such an uneventful portion of the trip. :lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao:
j/k our DD's hit it off rally well. They litterally just met, and 5 minutes later they are holding hands walking through Tomorrowland. :thumbsup2

Well well well...hello neighbour! Looking forward to reading a trip report from a fellow Richmond Hiller! It's a small world after all. Where have I heard that before? :rolleyes1:

Well hello Neighbor, and welcome...
New we really are representin'...

TRH_logo_RGB_web.jpg

It really is a Small World.
2605762755_887ab81722.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter