1/6/2007 Early Roll Call...Anyone Else Going???

I missed Disney when I was in NY. Even though it sort of took over Broadway for awhile. Now I'm back in CA with my regular annual pass, sponsored every year by lilofan. :woohoo:

supercalidisgirl said:
I missed Disney when I was in NY. Even though it sort of took over Broadway for awhile. Now I'm back in CA with my regular annual pass, sponsored every year by lilofan. :woohoo:
I know how you feel. I was going through withdrawal when I moved back to NY. I was only 3 1/5 hours from Disney World and would just pick up and go whenever we wanted. It was great!

Bikinietmartini said:
Hi !

We are 3 children of 9 (boy), 13 (girl) and 14 (girl) years old. We will do our first cruise on January 6th 2007 and we would like to know if other kids of the same age will be on this seven nights cruise.

Thank you !

We have dd16, dd6, ds8 with myself and dw

We're all adults...26, 28, and 30. Kids at heart. And I think we each might be bringing a friend. Should be a fun group! A dorky group anyway...

I've been checking out the islands on the internet all day. Instead of working. I'm trying to decide what type of excursions to do so I can book ahead. Also spa services...trying to decide if I should book on board or at CC. I'm thinking on board. Any advice?

Sounds like you guys will have your hands full with the kiddos. Although I hear adults can still relax while the kids are out playing. Is that true?

supercalidisgirl said:
I've been checking out the islands on the internet all day. Instead of working. I'm trying to decide what type of excursions to do so I can book ahead. Also spa services...trying to decide if I should book on board or at CC. I'm thinking on board. Any advice?
I've been really thinking about getting certified in Scuba Diving before the cruise. I hope to go on a scuba diving excursion. My younger sister and friend are certified and they love it. I'm trying to convince my husband to do it with me. I think it will be a lot of fun.

My boss is certified and he's totally addicted to diving. You might as well do it, if you can. I mean you're already booked to be at some of the finest waters in the world. Might as well get certified beforehand and get some diving in when you're there! Maybe you can find some good off-season pricing in NY during the fall months. Haha...I just said good pricing in NY...not likely, I guess.

Hello everyone! Okay...I am a travel agent....I should know this!!! Unfortuantly I am a stay at home mom first and run a little buisness out of my home for the travel benefits.

But....where should we stay for 2 nights post cruise. We want to go to MGM and Magic Kingdom and be close to both. Don't want to spend a fortune since it is only 2 nights...any suggestions?

:cheer2:

My dad knows EVERYTHING about WDW. I'll be visiting him this weekend and I'll have him post a reply to you tomorrow. Check back! His username is lilofan. :smooth:

bschiffler said:
Hello everyone! Okay...I am a travel agent....I should know this!!! Unfortuantly I am a stay at home mom first and run a little buisness out of my home for the travel benefits.

But....where should we stay for 2 nights post cruise. We want to go to MGM and Magic Kingdom and be close to both. Don't want to spend a fortune since it is only 2 nights...any suggestions?
Will you be on the cruise with us?

NYAna said:
I've been really thinking about getting certified in Scuba Diving before the cruise. I hope to go on a scuba diving excursion. My younger sister and friend are certified and they love it. I'm trying to convince my husband to do it with me. I think it will be a lot of fun.

At last, some fellow scuba divers, :banana: or scuba divers to be.
I am AOW certified, I got certified in May of this year in preparation for this cruise.

Well I fell in love with the sport and have logged 49 dives this year so far.

I will be scuba diving once at each port.

The rest of my family doesn't dive so they will be doing some snorkling, so I will be on my own for the dives and was hoping to meet some other divers here.

As for the certification, I would get certified where you live before you cruise. It would be a much better experiance than trying to do what they call a "discover scuba" course during an excursion. The discover scuba is basically the first class of the open water course and they don't really show you too much and you might not enjoy the dive as much.
If you took the course where you live and get a couple of dives in, when you get in the water on the cruise you will be comfortable and feel right at home.

I hope you and your husband do it, its a lot of fun....

:tink: Hello all!

We are on the 1/6/2007 Eastern Cruise, too! Myself, DH, and DS's 13 and 14 when we cruise! It's our second Disney cruise and we can't wait! :tink: We'll be flying in on the 1st for our first DVC stay at Saratoga Springs Resort for 5 days, then on the cruise with all of you! We're coming from cold and snowy Reno/Tahoe so we'll be stashing our cold gear for our beach wear :woohoo: !

We are 2 weeks and 5 days away from booking our excursions! I think we're doing the dolphins in St. Maarten, then the doubloon snorkel excursion in St. Thomas, then the Extreme Getaway day at CC.

What are you and your families doing? Have you had any excursion reports or feedback from other travelers? Have you ever done Palo? We didn't try it our first cruise, but I am tempted.

Less than 120 days! Woo Hoo!!

Welcome

We are still undecided about our excursions, I know I am doing some scuba diving, DW, DD16, DS8, and DD7 are deciding between snorkling or a beach trip of some sort.
There are quite a few excursion reports around the forum here.

tinkerbellmom1 said:
:tink: Hello all!

We are on the 1/6/2007 Eastern Cruise, too! Myself, DH, and DS's 13 and 14 when we cruise! It's our second Disney cruise and we can't wait! :tink: We'll be flying in on the 1st for our first DVC stay at Saratoga Springs Resort for 5 days, then on the cruise with all of you! We're coming from cold and snowy Reno/Tahoe so we'll be stashing our cold gear for our beach wear :woohoo: !

We are 2 weeks and 5 days away from booking our excursions! I think we're doing the dolphins in St. Maarten, then the doubloon snorkel excursion in St. Thomas, then the Extreme Getaway day at CC.

What are you and your families doing? Have you had any excursion reports or feedback from other travelers? Have you ever done Palo? We didn't try it our first cruise, but I am tempted.

Less than 120 days! Woo Hoo!!
:yay: Welcome tinkerbellmom1!:yay: Great to have you with us. That is wonderful that you'll be staying at Saratoga Springs for 5 days prior to the cruise. Oooooh... the envy. :) We might go to Magic Kingdom for a night or two after the cruise. Haven't decided yet. However, I am really hoping to get certified in Scuba Diving before the cruise. I'll let you know how that goes.

Well, welcome! :wave2:

Checking back in now that the summer has flown by...Hi everyone! :yay:

We just got excursion info docs from DCL and are busily scanning them for family friendly excursions--this is all so exciting!

NYAna--we spent some time in NYC over the summer--loved the Natural History Museum and my ds loved Nintendo World ;)

Soleilmagie--My 4.5 yo dd would love to meet your ds--she just started Pre-Kindergarten this fall and has a French boy in her class--I will see if he can teach her a few words and phrases to converse with your little one.

AKA Maleficent--Love your screen name, and so sorry to read of your recent loss.

CaptainJack--you are not the only 40+ one in the group--dh will be 42 when we sail, and I'm 41 ;)

Lilofan--I'd love to hear about your Jan cruising experiences--I am wondering if the water will be too cold for some of the excursions we are thinking about.

Anyone I missed---glad to "meet" you--we are looking forward to our first cruise (dh, 9 yo ds, 4.5 yo dd, and lil' ole me ;)

Hooray! Another westcoaster! Welcome aboard. Hey, my uncle lives in Carson City...I'll be up there in October to see him. Also, generations of my family have been vacationing at Lake Topaz for something like 50 years. I was just up there in August. Woohoo! :wave:

Welcome Tinkerbellmom1! :welcome: :welcome:

We also received our planning kit. Looks like we really have to plan now... :rolleyes1

We are still thinking about doing Coral World / Coki beach / Paradise Point on our own in St.Thomas and not knowing what to do about St.Martin. We are thinking about doing a sightseeing-type excursion. I looked out the reviews, but didn't find any really helpful.

As for pre-cruise plans, we should be booking our WDW stay this week.

Did anyone count how many DIS members will be on the cruise? :confused3 Maybe we should make a list of some sort...

When I posted my reply, I saw my counter and realized that tomorrow, there will be only 4 months left before our cruise!!!

party: :cheer2: :banana: :cool1: :dance3: :woohoo: :yay: :hyper: :rockband: party:

I added a list of who's coming on page 1. I hope I didn't forget anyone! pixiedust:

Awesome Job Soleimagie

I also added a link in my signature to this cruise meet forum, so when I post other area's in the disney forum some of our fellow cruisers that haven't been here yet might see it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter