1/6/2007 Early Roll Call...Anyone Else Going???

Hi everyone!

Wow, it's over. How sad. :sad1: Well, at least we can start planning the next one.

I had a great time. Thank God I didn't get sick with all the movement, but my friend Yhey was sick like a dog for about two days until a CM offered her one of those sea sickness pills. That helped her so much. She kept taking it every morning until will got off the ship and it worked great.

So I saw akamaleficent about a billion times on board. I hoped that she and her DH were not thinking that I was following them around. ha ha (I wasn't. I promise.) I think I saw you soleilmagie but I wasn't too sure and I was embarrassed to ask.

I too went to the Promenade Lounge at 2:40pm (a tad bit late because we too had gotten to the port later than planned and at that time we were at Topsiders having lunch). I actually split up from my group to go to the meet and waited for a few minutes and then I left. I figured everyone had already met (and I had missed the meet) or that everyone was running late too. Oh well. At least it sounds like everyone had a great time on this cruise.

I am actually still on vacation. I am in Miami visiting my dear mother for a week. So I am not returning to the real world for a few more days. Yippee! :yay:

I will be posting pics soon. I would love to see everyone's pictures too.

I'm taking a break from laundry! I've done three loads since I came back from work and have at least three more to do! :laundy:

I might say I finished unpacking: all the suitcases are empty, but there is stuff all over the place! And I'm not talking about the Christmas decorations I still have to take down!

We missed having people sitting at our table... We first had Don and Wanderson as servers (the first night), then were switched by head server Jeevan (same as our last cruise!) because a party was split up. So we had Svet and Leslie as servers, but we were still at a table for four.

We weren't really sick because of the rocking, but we were not well either. We didn't ask for medication though. Maybe we should have. It was worst when we stayed in our cabin too long. Perhaps because we had an inside cabin. I found it hard not to see outside. You wake up and you can't tell if it's midnight, 3am or 9:30am.

I think I will start writing a trip report before I post everything here. I was hoping to post some pictures tonight, but couldn't go to the mall at lunchtime because there was no power for about two hours today, then a snowstorm. Talk about getting back to reality! :cold:

SurfnTurf, were you on the Butterfly farm and/or Coral World excursions? I just looked at our virtual cruise album and I think I saw your DD... :confused3

Hello Everyone! I am remiss in posting since our cruise, but wanted to check in. NYAna, I think my dd and I saw you and your dh at the Butterfly Farm but wasn't sure. I felt odd just barging up to you and asking. Maybe if I had had some rum in my punch I would have thrown embarrassment to the wind.:banana: At any rate, except for the sea sickness your friend experienced, it sounds like you too had a great cruise.

Soleilmagie, my dd and I did the early (crack of dawn!) Butterfly Farm and the morning Coral World excursions, so you may have seen us. I have tons of pics that I just today finally downloaded to my computer, so I will try to post them and maybe you and your family are in a few. Glad to hear that you also enjoyed the "mickey boat," as my kids now call it.

Akamaleficent, glad that I ran into you you and your dh a couple of times. Thank god you were dressed in Mickey bride and groom ears (and that you have unmistakeable red hair!) that first day, or I would have missed you. My dh took some pics of you and your hub with the characters at the sail away party---email me at dibock@starpower.net and I will send them to you. They are very cute ;)

We were late at lunch an missed the 2:30 meeting time at the Promenade lounge, so I am sorry I missed meeting everyone. We had a fabulous time and put a deposit down to book for Jan next year, although we may change the dates now. We really want to do a Western cruise next. We will definitely be sailing with DCL again in the future, though (gotta save up some money first ;).

We heard from several other folks that the seas were pretty rough compared to what they had experienced with previous Disney cruises, so hopefully that isn't typical. We were very lucky, though, and didn't really get sick. My dh got queasy on one of the rough days, but took Bonine and it worked like a charm. Miracle of miracles, the kids and I were fine the whole time. We were on deck 2, forward, and didn't feel the ship too badly in our room (not that we were in our room much ;) I will try to put together a real trip report and post it on that section of the board.

Is anyone else planning to go againb :woohoo:

Soleilmagie, my dd and I did the early (crack of dawn!) Butterfly Farm and the morning Coral World excursions, so you may have seen us. I have tons of pics that I just today finally downloaded to my computer, so I will try to post them and maybe you and your family are in a few. Glad to hear that you also enjoyed the "mickey boat," as my kids now call it.

We were on both, morning excursions also. I checked my pictures from the excursions, but we can't see anyone on them but my family or the animals. Can't wait to see your pictures!

On another topic, I forgot to mention we got an upgrade at the All Star Music on the 13th : we got one of the new family suites! :cool1:
It was great! It is two rooms transformed into one, but you still have the two bathrooms. On one side is a living room with a sofabed, an armchair-bed and an ottoman-bed. On the other side is a bedroom with a queen bed and a kitchenette with microwave, a sink and a small refrigerator. There is a tv on each side. There are new furniture, bedspreads, curtains, shower curtain, tiles, carpet, etc. And no outdated wallpaper. All the rooms should be renovated in a similar way.

Hi gang...I posted a report called "Late but Worth the Wait" on Trip Reports on the forum. Only Day #1 is posted so far...check it out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter