1/6/2007 Early Roll Call...Anyone Else Going???

Okay, I'm finally done with my summer class... I got an A!... Now I feel I can plan a bit. Actually, I think I better plan a lot now because I will start nursing school in September and once I start school I will not have any time to do anything but study.

So, has anyone thought about which excursions you will be doing? The last and only time I was on a Disney cruise my husband and I were on the 3 day. The extent of our excursion was taking a taxi ride to Atlantis in the Bahamas. So this time we want to do much more... but I still have no clue to what we will want to do. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Another thing that we want to do again is to have dinner at Palo. DH and I had a nice time and it was really nice not having children around. Don't get me wrong... I love children, but it was nice to have a quiet dinner and to look out to the sea.

So, let's get this thread going. We are in countdown mode. :hourglass What else do you all want to talk about?

the only one i did on the last cruise was a catamaran/snorkel thing. it would have been fun if i hadn't gotten so seasick. i know that i am prone to motion sickness, and i took bonine on the boat everyday and didn't have any problems at all...
so all i know is: no catamaran

my family and i made our own way to Trunk Bay, had a great time there and were able to spend more time there since we weren't traveling with such a big group.

we haven't decided if we're doing any, i still need to do some more research and talk things over with DF.

SurfnTurf said:
Hello all! We just booked our Eastern cruise for 1/6/07. There will be four of us: dh and I, our ds who will have just turned 9, and our dd who will be 4 1/2. This is our very first cruise ever, and we are very excited! We hope to meet some of you in person on the cruise, and possibly find some friends for ds and dd to hang out with on board and at the kids clubs. I am new to register here, but have been lurking for quite a bit during the planning stages. I look forward to chatting and getting to know some folks before we embark :wave:

Welcome SurfnTurf! :welcome:

Our DS will also be 4 1/2 at the time of the cruise (DD will be 2 1/2). I don't know if he will want to play with your DD or if he will enjoy the club since he speaks french. He watches tv in english and knows many words, but he can get shy in a ''real'' situation. We will see... at sea! :boat:

Congratulations for your class NYAna! :cool1:

I don't know what we will do for excursions yet. I do have a few ideas for St Thomas : Coral World and the beach nearby, Paradise Point, but I don't know if we will go with DCL or on our own. For St Martin, I really don't know. Maybe the butterfly farm and/or an island tour.

As far as things to do on the ship, there are many we didn't have time to do the first time around (the kids were 2 1/2 and 8 months at the time) : Palo, the clubs, Art of entertainment/Behind the scenes tours,... As you can see, we really had no choice but to cruise again! :rolleyes1

We are now looking at flight schedules and prices. We are thinking coming in on January 1st. At first, we wanted to do non-Disney visits, like Sea World or the Space Kennedy Center and bring the kids to WDW on another trip when they would be older, but the more we thought about it, the more we realised it would be less trouble to take the ME from MCO and stay in one hotel with no car.

:cool1: :cheer2: :yay:

Our flights are now booked. We will leave Montreal on January 1st and come back on January 14th!

:yay: :cheer2: :cool1:

soleilmagie said:
:cool1: :cheer2: :yay:

Our flights are now booked. We will leave Montreal on January 1st and come back on January 14th!

:yay: :cheer2: :cool1:
That's great! We purchased our flights back in February. We got it for $170.00 round-trip from NY to FL on American Airlines. We will be flying down on January 5th and will return on January 17th.

Soleilmagie, thanks for the idea on the butterfly excursion... I think we would love that.

I was talking to my eldest sister about St. Martin and St. Thomas and she asked if we were going to the French side or the ______ side (I can't remember the other side). I told her I didn't know. She said the food on the French side is amazing. Do you have any idea which side we will be going to?

NYAna, you are so lucky to live in the US when it comes to flights! For us, it was 475 CAN$ round trip (plus taxes).

The other half of St. Martin, St. Maarten, is dutch. I don't know on which side is the port, but many tours go to both sides of the island.

Welcome to SurfnTurf and Lilofan, glad to have you aboard. The countdown is definately on. Our oldest dd is 16, next ds is 8 and youngest dd is 6. Not sure about excursions yet, I know I am going to book some scuba diving in St Thomas and St Maartin, I know the rest of the family wants to do some snorkling.

Hi everyone. I just confirmed our trip for this cruise. It will me, my DW, and DDs (twins) age 12. As you can see, we are also going on the September 2, 2006 cruise in a few weeks. Once I get back I will post photos of the Flying Dutchman. Let me know whether you want photos of anything else from the cruise. :cool1:

CaptainJack said:
Hi everyone. I just confirmed our trip for this cruise. It will me, my DW, and DDs (twins) age 12. As you can see, we are also going on the September 2, 2006 cruise in a few weeks. Once I get back I will post photos of the Flying Dutchman. Let me know whether you want photos of anything else from the cruise. :cool1:
Welcome CaptainJack! :wave2: So great you'll be joining us! :Pinkbounc

That's wonderful that you will be on the Sept 2 Disney Cruise. I envy you! I can't wait for our cruise in January! Oh, could you bring back info from St. Maarten and St. Thomas? Like what to do and where to eat? Do you have anything planned? Oh great! Getting even more excited now! :rotfl:

Will do. We went on the Eastern Caribbean cruise in 2001 and the Western in 2005. For anyone with children, I would definitely recommend the Atlantis submarine in St. Thomas. We did that in 2001 when my DDs were 7. They loved in and talk about it even now. In St. Marteen, we did the catmaran and snorkeling. The girls loved it, I thought it was okay, and my wife thought it was marginally okay because she did not snorkel. If you decide to do that excursion, you should be aware that the ride on the catmaran can be bumpy. I started to get seasick on the way back--the only time that I was seasick on the whole trip and the first day on the ship we had 15 foot seas. Also, the snorkeling is on the French side of the island. And, as soon as we got there 2 women immediately took off the tops of their bikinis, which was very interesting for all of the teenage boys that went on the excursion. :smokin:

CaptainJack said:
Thanks!
CaptainJack said:
We went on the Eastern Caribbean cruise in 2001 and the Western in 2005. For anyone with children, I would definitely recommend the Atlantis submarine in St. Thomas. We did that in 2001 when my DDs were 7. They loved in and talk about it even now. In St. Marteen, we did the catmaran and snorkeling. The girls loved it, I thought it was okay, and my wife thought it was marginally okay because she did not snorkel. If you decide to do that excursion, you should be aware that the ride on the catmaran can be bumpy. I started to get seasick on the way back--the only time that I was seasick on the whole trip and the first day on the ship we had 15 foot seas. Also, the snorkeling is on the French side of the island.
Thanks for this info! The Atlantis submarine sounds good. Not too sure about the snorkeling... my husband didn't have a good time when we did that in Cancun.
CaptainJack said:
And, as soon as we got there 2 women immediately took off the tops of their bikinis, which was very interesting for all of the teenage boys that went on the excursion. :smokin:
Ha ha ha... I bet it was very interesting. :rotfl2:

pirate:
Hi everyone. Sorry I haven't replied to anyone but a combination of computer failure, vacation, and dealing with a severly ill 83 year old parent has eaten up my time. My Adult children are 30--an artist, 28 an actress and agent, and 26, a circus performer currently headlining on the NCL Jewel on a Mediterrenean cruise as a performer. For the 30 and 28 year old it is their first cruise. The 26 year old had to leave his grad night party and fly to Florida for his first cruise performance job and has cruised 35 or more times.
DW and I are on our third trip in three years and are just as exited as can be. All of our trips have been in January.
::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo :tinker: :goofy: :figment:

Sorry to be leaving you but we decided to move our upcoming cruise to the Jan 27 Magic Western Cruise. I know you guys will have lots of fun and the holiday decor will still be up for you..........not sure about when we get on ship. At any rate have a great time!! :sunny:

Welcome aboard CaptainJack! pirate: :welcome: pirate:

You really seem like an Eastern fan!

msaseifert said:
Sorry to be leaving you but we decided to move our upcoming cruise to the Jan 27 Magic Western Cruise. I know you guys will have lots of fun and the holiday decor will still be up for you..........not sure about when we get on ship. At any rate have a great time!! :sunny:
Sad to see you leave but I know you'll still have lots of fun! Enjoy!

lilofan said:
pirate:
Hi everyone. Sorry I haven't replied to anyone but a combination of computer failure, vacation, and dealing with a severly ill 83 year old parent has eaten up my time. My Adult children are 30--an artist, 28 an actress and agent, and 26, a circus performer currently headlining on the NCL Jewel on a Mediterrenean cruise as a performer. For the 30 and 28 year old it is their first cruise. The 26 year old had to leave his grad night party and fly to Florida for his first cruise performance job and has cruised 35 or more times.
DW and I are on our third trip in three years and are just as exited as can be. All of our trips have been in January.
::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo :tinker: :goofy: :figment:
Hi lilofan. Sorry to hear about your parent.

Wow! Your children are talented! Well, glad to see you back... at least for a little bit. :blush:

i have also had some internet issues, i'm at the library right now, i couldn't go another day without the web!

lilofan-you're kids are about the same age as me and my fiance. he is 31 and will have just starts an aviation mechanic program in a week or so and i have decided to go back to school as a graphic design major and will have completed my 2nd semester before the cruise.

this should be a fun cruise for all!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter