ª"˜˜ª¤.¸Official Team August 2013 Thread!¸.¤ª˜˜"ª&#9733

Status
Not open for further replies.
As its getting closer, I'm thinking of switching resorts! I booked bounce back so have free dining. Does anyone know if the dining plan that comes with AoA a QSDP or the regular one? I want to stay in the cars suite but not if it means giving up table service. It's all about the food! :)
AoA should be the QSDP, but I'm not sure if AoA suites were part of the bounceback? I know for sure AoA Little Mermaid was not. If suites qualify, you can still pay the minimal price difference to upgrade from the free QSDP to the regular dining plan.

We booked at a moderate resort with the free dining bounceback. I tried last week to switch to a value (AoA or otherwise), and they said there was no more availability for any value resorts with the free dining promotion. I assume the CM understood I was not looking for a current free dining promotion, but rather trying to modify my existing one. I was wondering if I should call back, since you often get different answers from different people, but we decided to stay at the moderate for now.

ThereYouSeeHer said:
AoA should be the QSDP, but I'm not sure if AoA suites were part of the bounceback? I know for sure AoA Little Mermaid was not. If suites qualify, you can still pay the minimal price difference to upgrade from the free QSDP to the regular dining plan.

We booked at a moderate resort with the free dining bounceback. I tried last week to switch to a value (AoA or otherwise), and they said there was no more availability for any value resorts with the free dining promotion. I assume the CM understood I was not looking for a current free dining promotion, but rather trying to modify my existing one. I was wondering if I should call back, since you often get different answers from different people, but we decided to stay at the moderate for now.

Wow, I didn't even think of that! Thanks for the tip! I'll definitely call before changing anything online. I don't want to risk the free dining!

Wow, I didn't even think of that! Thanks for the tip! I'll definitely call before changing anything online. I don't want to risk the free dining!
Sure. I believe you would have to call to make bounceback modifications versus making those changes online. Plus, their website is acting so odd these days, I probably wouldn't chance it if you could!

FP+ is a FastPass +, the next gen program that the parks is working on rolling outnext. It allows guests to reserve a set number of FPs before their trip and then to make changes to that during their trip. This is all done on their new app, My Disney Experience and also has something to do with My Magic +.

You can get all the info in the Theme Parks sub-forum.

Here I thought I was on top of everything I had to manage. Many thanks for the heads up!!

So many pages to read....so I'll just jump in.

Last night I put a deposit on our August trip. We'll be there the 11th to the 16th at AoA Cars Suites. We'll be driving from Northern New York, with a quick stop in Virginia Beach for a night, then after our week at the World we'll be stopping into St Petersburg to visit some of my wife's family.

The first day we're going to hit AK so we can hit Kilimanjaro Safari.

So yeah...that's about it for now.

I am obsessing over the quest for good airfare:) I hope to spend less than $800 for 4 direct flights from PHL or Trenton. I wish I had a crystal ball to know what to do:) I guess we all do, right?:wizard:

I am obsessing over the quest for good airfare:) I hope to spend less than $800 for 4 direct flights from PHL or Trenton. I wish I had a crystal ball to know what to do:) I guess we all do, right?:wizard:

I bought one way tickets to MCO but we need return tickets, I am hoping I can get another deal before August:goodvibes

I know exactly what you mean! I keep checking different website, and looking at different deals every week. Last year I bought them in Feb thinking I shouldn't wait any longer. Then in April I found the exact same tickets on the same flights for 200 dollars LESS! I was so sad. I feel like buying air fair is a bit of a gamble theses days lol.

poohlover4life said:
I know exactly what you mean! I keep checking different website, and looking at different deals every week. Last year I bought them in Feb thinking I shouldn't wait any longer. Then in April I found the exact same tickets on the same flights for 200 dollars LESS! I was so sad. I feel like buying air fair is a bit of a gamble theses days lol.

I know what you all mean. But for the past number of years the price just kept going up and I can't remember the last time I paid under $300 a ticket so I grabbed our airfare last week. I am also very particular when going to Disney because of the per day cost of being there...therefore I will only fly direct on an early morning out and a late evening coming home, which limits my choices. Good news is I was able to use some points and only ended up paying $500 out of pocket for the 5 of us! Good luck searching!

MouseIsInTheHouse said:
KSL - I have also embraced my inner-geek and am a complete Excel spreadsheet planning crazed lunatic when it comes to vacations. It is totally an addiction. LOL! Happy planning!

I have my spreadsheets going too! As I wait for the August dates to be released ( our trip is 7/30-8/7@ Yacht club) I have several outlines of itineraries planned out based on several different scenarios of scheduling. Now with the my magic+ out there it makes my planning either easier ( we can plan a little more down time if we can use it) or more stressful if we can't. ADR date only 17 days away!

I know what you all mean. But for the past number of years the price just kept going up and I can't remember the last time I paid under $300 a ticket so I grabbed our airfare last week. I am also very particular when going to Disney because of the per day cost of being there...therefore I will only fly direct on an early morning out and a late evening coming home, which limits my choices. Good news is I was able to use some points and only ended up paying $500 out of pocket for the 5 of us! Good luck searching!

WOW you did GREAT! I paid more than that last year for just my husband and I. I hope I have your shopping savvy when I finally take the ticket plunge :-D

Yes folks there is a facebook page! The link is on the first post and also in my signature. There is also a FB Doc in there so you can post your real name and DisName so we know who is who. :thumbsup2

I'm gonna get to work now on adding the new people to our resort list :goodvibes

Hi Sarah,

I just sent you a fb request with e-mail kitkat... Also, we have changed our dates to: 8/17 - 8/24 at POR as we decided not to do a cruise this year. Thanks so much for doing this thread and the fb page. I love the planning!

Hi everyone!

Without having to pour through every page here...does anyone know which water park will be open 8/11-8/16? Or is it too early for that?

Hi everyone!

Without having to pour through every page here...does anyone know which water park will be open 8/11-8/16? Or is it too early for that?
As far as I know, both should be open at that time. I believe Blizzard Beach is currently closed for rehab, but everything should be ok for August. We should have August calendars within a week or two.

I have a couple of specific places in mind that I'm going to go for first...after that it's luck of the draw!

I know. It's going to be cutting it close with receiving the hours in enough time to plan for ADRs properly!

Park hours were released for August today!

I am so happy that I guessed all the EMH correctly so I don't have to adjust my plans!

Park hours were released for August today!

I am so happy that I guessed all the EMH correctly so I don't have to adjust my plans!
Yay! I see it, I see it! I had been checking all morning, but figured it wouldn't happen today. Thanks for letting us know, I am so excited to get started planning for real!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter