ª"˜˜ª¤.¸Official Team August 2013 Thread!¸.¤ª˜˜"ª&#9733

Status
Not open for further replies.
My excitement is beginning. I got my photopass plus stuff in the mail today. I just ordered some sale t shirts from disneystore.com and they will come soon, too. I also got a few odds and ends from a few other places that will be coming. I don't think I really need to get anyone anything else after this stuff comes. All tht'll be left is the toiletries.

And the good thing about having an older kid who lives here is I scheduled our flights around his works schedule, so he can take us to the airport before work and he can pick us up in the evening after work.

Love when my arrangements are getting made. All I need to get now is my ME stuff and I'll be thrilled.

Not bad job for someone who still isn't driving yet! lol

My excitement is beginning. I got my photopass plus stuff in the mail today. I just ordered some sale t shirts from disneystore.com and they will come soon, too. I also got a few odds and ends from a few other places that will be coming. I don't think I really need to get anyone anything else after this stuff comes. All tht'll be left is the toiletries.

And the good thing about having an older kid who lives here is I scheduled our flights around his works schedule, so he can take us to the airport before work and he can pick us up in the evening after work.

Love when my arrangements are getting made. All I need to get now is my ME stuff and I'll be thrilled.

Can he drive us too? We are leaving out of DC (about an hour away, in good traffic!) and the parking is awful and costs a fortune! It's so bad we decided to spend a few extra dollars and get a town car to drive us. I tried to convince hubby to do a limo down there, but he wouldn't splurge on the extra "extra" charge :( oh well, it will be nice having someone else drive!

Can he drive us too? We are leaving out of DC (about an hour away, in good traffic!) and the parking is awful and costs a fortune! It's so bad we decided to spend a few extra dollars and get a town car to drive us. I tried to convince hubby to do a limo down there, but he wouldn't splurge on the extra "extra" charge :( oh well, it will be nice having someone else drive!

I'm super envious of all you guys who are just one hour from the airport! We're three hours from Syracuse (and even if we flew from "home", we'd be 2+ to Pearson in Toronto). On the trips we choose to fly from Buffalo, its a 4 hour journey!

The town car service sounds like a wonderful splurge :) . A nice relaxing way to start off your vacation.

"Paid off" the trip last night! I gues it is really going to happen now!!!! So excited despite having to change our dates a little bit AGAIN and a a result had to modify two dining reservations AGAIN.....but we still were able to get everything we wanted an the price didn't change soooo THUMBS UP!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I'm super envious of all you guys who are just one hour from the airport! We're three hours from Syracuse (and even if we flew from "home", we'd be 2+ to Pearson in Toronto). On the trips we choose to fly from Buffalo, its a 4 hour journey!

The town car service sounds like a wonderful splurge :) . A nice relaxing way to start off your vacation.

I've dealt with that too :) never fun! I'm from Dubuque, Iowa, so any time I fly home it's usually into Chicago which is 3 hours away :)

Nice to see plans are firming up for everyone!:)
We'll be driving ourself to the airport this time. It's not far (under an hour) but our inlaws have usually driven us before. They sold their van for a car this spring, so this trip we'll be driving ourselves.
I think I've worked it out with a coupon that parking in the Economy lot will be around $80 for the 10 days. Not too bad really.

We're at the MCO airport Marriott on our first night (Friday) , but our package doesn't start until the Sunday so I needed a room only on Saturday night. I thought it would be a good opportunity to check out AoA. Last night someone posted a Travelocity code and I was able to use it for AoA LM room!
Not a huge savings but anything is good since they don't discount those rooms.
So that is booked and paid for. We'll spend Saturday checking out the Big Blue Pool :goodvibes

Here's a thought to cheer you: once you come home from Disney, you can start counting down to Christmas :santa: .

By the time we return from Orlando, it will be 116 days to December 25th! :banana:

Maybe I'll start Christmas shopping in Disney :rotfl2:

WooHoo!! I got my photopass+ so long ago I was afraid they'd go and change the program before we went! Of course I thought of that AFTER it came (in January! :rotfl:). Still waiting for my DS's Limited Time Magic shirt to show up from April.

Am I the only one who got my DME stuff months ago? I'm trying to figure out why everyone is getting theirs in the next few weeks and I've had mine for a while now (long enough that I was careful to make sure we took the right ones for the cruise).

Should I not mention that I am 15 minutes from JFK? :blush: So how do you get to and from the airport? Do you just leave your car in long term parking? We still get a car service because it's $18 a day to park in the long term lot.

"Paid off" the trip last night! I gues it is really going to happen now!!!! So excited despite having to change our dates a little bit AGAIN and a a result had to modify two dining reservations AGAIN.....but we still were able to get everything we wanted an the price didn't change soooo THUMBS UP!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

:cool1: WooHoo!

I wouldn't get pictures printed from the Photopass site. Way too expensive. You can get prints at Wal-Mart, Walgreens, Target, CVS, Costco, etc for cheap or even free if you find the right coupon. The only time we've had anything printed from the site was our Christmas cards last year.

Again, it also depends on what you want to use them for. We've gotten a few of them blown up and printed on aluminum & canvas as well as smaller prints for small frames and scrapbooking. My wife is a huge scrapbooker and for our last trip is scrapping just the photopass pictures. She's going to do another book with the plethora of pictures that we took with our phones and camera. :rotfl:

Last year I was fortunate enough to be able to skip the annual "family pictures" trip because we did pictures at Disney. That made it a lot of fun and enjoyable.

Where did you get your pictures printed on aluminum? Would you mind sharing what one looks like? I have had some pictures printed on canvas, but I am looking for something a little different to do a photo collage with some of our Africa pictures and aluminum sounds like it might be the look I'm going for.

Tomorrow is online check-in for the first part of our stay!!! So, how should I add our friends for that one night? My reservation is through a TA, so I am thinking it will be easier to just add them at check-in, which I did do one other time after we had been there a few days and a friend came unexpectedly. Do they have to be present to be added or can I do it before they get there?

We enjoyed another Disney movie night on Saturday. We watched the Lion King and for dinner had grilled wildebeest (steak), pride rocks (little potatoes), crunchy savannah (cole slaw), really cute Simba hummus and for dessert Pumba's favorite: bugs in dirt. Kids are still into it...I'm thinking Lilo and Stitch for next week, but I haven't totally decided yet as it depends what movie I find. We no longer have most of these movies. When the kids were little we had them all on VHS, but the VCR and tapes are long gone. I debated rebuilding my collection for the future generation someday, but by that time they'll probably come out with something new! Fortunately the library will get us through a good chunk of these!

Here's the Simba hummus:

Should I not mention that I am 15 minutes from JFK? :blush: So how do you get to and from the airport? Do you just leave your car in long term parking? We still get a car service because it's $18 a day to park in the long term lot.

You lucky duck! :goodvibes LOL, I am seriously green with envy. I can't imagine being that close to the airport (but maybe its a good thing I'm not.....I would be wanting to travel more often if it was that easy!! :rotfl:).

We usually book a park and fly hotel for the night prior to our departure. Long term parking at Syracuse would be about $80 or so. We booked a night in a one-bedroom suite at a hotel right across from the airport (Candlewood Suites) for $40 using my Priority Club points, then we pay $5 per night for parking at the hotel (for another $40). Same price as long-term parking and we squeeze another night out of our vacation. And they will shuttle us to and from the front door of the terminal for free :thumbsup2.

I enjoy our night in Syracuse, too....its become a bit of a tradition. Carousel Mall and Dinosaur Barbecue, here we come :cool1: .

We enjoyed another Disney movie night on Saturday. We watched the Lion King and for dinner had grilled wildebeest (steak), pride rocks (little potatoes), crunchy savannah (cole slaw), really cute Simba hummus and for dessert Pumba's favorite: bugs in dirt. Kids are still into it...I'm thinking Lilo and Stitch for next week, but I haven't totally decided yet as it depends what movie I find. We no longer have most of these movies. When the kids were little we had them all on VHS, but the VCR and tapes are long gone. I debated rebuilding my collection for the future generation someday, but by that time they'll probably come out with something new! Fortunately the library will get us through a good chunk of these!

Here's the Simba hummus:

:worship:

I hereby nominate you for Mom of the Year! ::yes::

That is totally awesome!!!

Where did you get your pictures printed on aluminum? Would you mind sharing what one looks like? I have had some pictures printed on canvas, but I am looking for something a little different to do a photo collage with some of our Africa pictures and aluminum sounds like it might be the look I'm going for.

Tomorrow is online check-in for the first part of our stay!!!

This is the site that I use for my aluminum prints. They also do canvas, slate (we got some of these too, very cool), cell phone cases, etc. http://www.pictureitoncanvas.com/ If you get signed up on their mailing list you can get some pretty major discounts on their stuff. I found them through a Groupon deal a few years ago. The aluminum is very shiny and the colors pop. We typically will get them with the rounded corners and mounting blocks so the picture "floats" off the wall. The slate prints are more of a muted/matte finish but also have a unique look.

Today is our check-in day. I want to do it but I'm waiting for my wife to wake up so she can participate in the process. Less than two months to go now! :cool1:

Oh that's terrible being far from the airport. The last thing you want when you come home from vacation when you're already sad to be leaving WDW is to drive 3 or 4 hours. That is rough. We live in Rochester. People are always telling us to fly out of Buffalo because it's so much cheaper. I won't do it because it's an hour away. I will stop complaining about that.

Oh that's terrible being far from the airport. The last thing you want when you come home from vacation when you're already sad to be leaving WDW is to drive 3 or 4 hours. That is rough. We live in Rochester. People are always telling us to fly out of Buffalo because it's so much cheaper. I won't do it because it's an hour away. I will stop complaining about that.

Aw, its okay. The drive from Syracuse isn't that bad (the drive from Buffalo is far worse for us....its longer and we have to cross Toronto and deal with all the traffic :faint:).

We try to look on the bright side with the commute. We get to squeeze in an extra meal at Cracker Barrell in Watertown before we cross the border. We love dining in the USA ::yes:: .

For this trip at CBR I really want to be just over the bridge in Aruba or Jamaica, which I've already requested so I don't know if I should bother to do it or not.

Hi Pigletto,

FWIW, when we stayed at CBR in 2010, we requested Jamaica buildings 45, 44, 46 or 43 (in order of preference and I think they could only list 4 bldgs). We did online check-in 10-days prior and when we got there we were all set with a perfect room in building 44. It was fantastic and I hope you get your request. Just a short walk across the island (which was fun!) to the pool and food, etc. Or if not needed, bus stop across the parking lot. We loved it and hope it works out for you! :goodvibes

Just ordered our Photopass Plus. Excited to see what these pictures will look like, we've had great ones in the past!!

I'm in awe of those doing themed movie nights. I don't have the creativity to come up with them but might have to do some searching to find a good menu to use lol.

We're in the 50's! broke into 59 days this morning!:cool1::cool1:

Our airport is about 20 minutes from our door. We'll be using a shuttle service to avoid parking fees at the airport.

The girls are still in school here (til the 27th) and thankfully my older one is old enough to watch them without fees to child care this summer! I'm planning to get them to a couple of day camps though just for fun at the rec centre here.

I'm shocked we're still here at so many pages now! :confused: hope it lasts a bit longer ha ha ha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter