ª"˜˜ª¤.¸Official Team August 2013 Thread!¸.¤ª˜˜"ª&#9733

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah~ we were able to snag a reservation at Boardwalk Villas for Aug 7-14, We have to call back tomorrow to add an additional day. I am trying to convince DH to do a split stay with another DVC resort...betting I win this one:)
Is there a facebook group for August going on yet? I really enjoyed the December group's facebook page...easier to share photos and keep tabs on:)

I don't know if there is a Facebook page, if there is please post a link, much easier for me to follow there!

I have been trying to work on ADRs but I find it so hard when I don't know park days/hours. For those of you that are planning, how do you decide which days to go to which restaurants. We have hopper passes so we are not restricted to one park for dinner, I just feel lost as to where to start!

Yes folks there is a facebook page! The link is on the first post and also in my signature. There is also a FB Doc in there so you can post your real name and DisName so we know who is who. :thumbsup2

I'm gonna get to work now on adding the new people to our resort list :goodvibes

We booked BB before we left in November for a return trip home to Pop Century from August 17th to September 1st!! This s a bittersweet trip as DD is in HS now it s too stressful for her to go in early Dec. so we have added 4 extra days and WP&M option for once! Only 220+ days to go!! :cool1::cool1:

Although we didn't book BB, We are going from August 24th-31st 2013. Really hoping for a Free DP offer. We'll be staying at AoA!! First time for the entire family!!!

Hello, our whole family (10 of us) is going in August. The 16th thru the 23rd. I havent booked yet. But we have all put in our vacation requests at work. I am planning on booking next week. I have a few questions maybe someone can answer? Does anybody know where i can find the park emh's for the month of August. and also does anybody know if they will be running any promos like free dining at that time? I am super excited for this trip. However i am the planning nazi in my house and this means work for me. By the way please add me to the facebook. or tell me how to do it thanks. :coffee::wave2:

O-M-G... kids and hubby making me crazy with planning (did I really say last week that I was happy that they were going to be helping organize this trip? - LOL!) So, after pricing and looking at plans with the family, it is nearly unanimous that everyone wants to go back to POR and not BWI... Still looking to book August 3rd - 9th (7 days) with PH&WPM and QSDP.

Can't wait! We're bouncing back August 22-31, staying at the Beach Club for the first time. (Will miss Port Orleans, but excited to try somewhere new!:cool1:)

Whew, just finished reading this whole thread!

We booked a free dining bounceback for August 2013 when we went to WDW in September 2012. We will be staying at CBR from August 18th-August 21st (the 21st is our 9 year wedding anniversary!).

We may change the dates once our school calendar is released, and we may change resorts if AoA gets added, but that's what we booked for now. Since it's getting close to ADR time, I thought it was time to hop on this thread and get serious about planning!

Just booked Aug 12th-Aug 17th at Coronado Springs! DH and 2 DDs plus my parents who have not been to Disney since 1978, hoping it won't be too hot for them!

Yeah~ we were able to snag a reservation at Boardwalk Villas for Aug 7-14, We have to call back tomorrow to add an additional day. I am trying to convince DH to do a split stay with another DVC resort...betting I win this one:)
Is there a facebook group for August going on yet? I really enjoyed the December group's facebook page...easier to share photos and keep tabs on:)

Hi follow team August!! I am new to the thread.. but boy! am I gald I found you guys. Haven't finish reading all the post yet, will definitely catch up tomorrow. Just want to poke my head in here and say hi to everyone!! :wave2:

I am going with DH (39), DD (9) and DD (5) from 8/23~9/1. Booked our room at AoA LM section. LM is my little DD's favorite princess. She is going to be beyond thrilled. This trip is for her late 5th birthdy & early 6th birthday celebration. Hoping to get FD... (keeping fingers crossed!!)

Everyone added!! Just remember that if you need changes to be made just let me know! We're getting to be quite the group! I'm so excited!! :hyper:

Some additions and changes to the first posts. Added a few links, getting threads set for the ADR and Park Days. I'm going to post a link to the park hours and crowd calendars as soon as their available. So far added resort maps and photopass link. If anyone can think of any links that should be on the front page let me know! :thumbsup2

Where else can I proudly proclaim I have now started an Excel Spreadsheet to keep up with my Disney trip planning!? :hyper: :rotfl: I have tabs for park hours (when we know them), confirmation numbers, ADRs (when I can make them), meet-ups with friends, etc. I can't help it -- I am addicted to Excel. I was thinking last night that I should start a spreadsheet to help my DD10 track her sit-ups and push-ups for her Black Belt requirement in May.... it's a disorder, I know! :laughing:

About the Facebook page: I am not on Facebook (probably the last American female under 50 who has not joined!). Hopefully this thread will continue simultaneously with the FB page as I will be relying on everyone's advice here more and more as August approaches!! :goodvibes

Where else can I proudly proclaim I have now started an Excel Spreadsheet to keep up with my Disney trip planning!? :hyper: :rotfl: I have tabs for park hours (when we know them), confirmation numbers, ADRs (when I can make them), meet-ups with friends, etc. I can't help it -- I am addicted to Excel. I was thinking last night that I should start a spreadsheet to help my DD10 track her sit-ups and push-ups for her Black Belt requirement in May.... it's a disorder, I know! :laughing:

About the Facebook page: I am not on Facebook (probably the last American female under 50 who has not joined!). Hopefully this thread will continue simultaneously with the FB page as I will be relying on everyone's advice here more and more as August approaches!! :goodvibes

I have an excel spreadsheet too. :thumbsup2 My tabs have budget, park days, dining, pharmacy list (items that have to be packed for WDW), snack list. It is fun to plan.

LOL I even make excel forms for my christmas lists so I know how much was spent on who and overall :lmao:

And the FB page is only an extra, this will always be the primary spot for info! :goodvibes

Hello fellow Disney lovers!! I was wondering if anyone has heard anything definite about the meal plan discount. I keep looking on the website and can't find anything, is it still to early to look do you think? I just don't want to miss my chance lol.

Hello fellow Disney lovers!! I was wondering if anyone has heard anything definite about the meal plan discount. I keep looking on the website and can't find anything, is it still to early to look do you think? I just don't want to miss my chance lol.
There is no dining offer yet, but I'm sure it will be announced here, if and when it arrives! The current special offers (room and ticket deals) expire on March 7 and 31st for travel through mid-June. Although they sometimes overlap offers, waiting for additional deals until March or later would be a more reasonable timeframe. That said, I still check almost every day, just for the fun of it! :)

nafiaw said:
Hi follow team August!! I am new to the thread.. but boy! am I gald I found you guys. Haven't finish reading all the post yet, will definitely catch up tomorrow. Just want to poke my head in here and say hi to everyone!! :wave2:

I am going with DH (39), DD (9) and DD (5) from 8/23~9/1. Booked our room at AoA LM section. LM is my little DD's favorite princess. She is going to be beyond thrilled. This trip is for her late 5th birthdy & early 6th birthday celebration. Hoping to get FD... (keeping fingers crossed!!)

Please add me too. Finally decided and booked Caribbean beach Aug 16-22. All 13 of us . Now I have some serious planning to do to keep this trip from falling apart.

I have an excel spreadsheet too. :thumbsup2 My tabs have budget, park days, dining, pharmacy list (items that have to be packed for WDW), snack list. It is fun to plan.

Glad I'm not the only one who is planning by spreadsheets already! :goodvibes SNACKS! Yes! How could I have forgotten that!? I will insert a new tab for food that we are bringing down (we are taking the AutoTrain) and food to buy for our villa when we get there. I may attach my packing list, too.

I'm almost under the 7-month mark!!

Glad I'm not the only one who is planning by spreadsheets already! :goodvibes SNACKS! Yes! How could I have forgotten that!? I will insert a new tab for food that we are bringing down (we are taking the AutoTrain) and food to buy for our villa when we get there. I may attach my packing list, too.

I'm almost under the 7-month mark!!

I'm right there with you all!!! My excell spreadsheet was created the day I booked the bounceback offer last August!!! :rotfl:

There is no dining offer yet, but I'm sure it will be announced here, if and when it arrives! The current special offers (room and ticket deals) expire on March 7 and 31st for travel through mid-June. Although they sometimes overlap offers, waiting for additional deals until March or later would be a more reasonable timeframe. That said, I still check almost every day, just for the fun of it! :)

Thank you so much! Last year when I found the discount it was after I paid in full so I had to pay for the reservation change. I was totally fine with it because we saved SOO much but I am trying to catch it before that happens this year. :-D Thank you so much for your help!

KSL - I have also embraced my inner-geek and am a complete Excel spreadsheet planning crazed lunatic when it comes to vacations. It is totally an addiction. LOL! Happy planning!

Guys, this FP+ stuff is starting to freak me out. I'm trying not to plan too much into my 12 day stay but I feel like FP+ is going to make my easy-going trip a little more complicated.

in other news, I GOT A PIN IN THE MAIL!!!!!!!!!!! WOOHOO!!! This is the first PIN I've rec'd that's actually applicable to my dates :banana:

Guys, this FP+ stuff is starting to freak me out. I'm trying not to plan too much into my 12 day stay but I feel like FP+ is going to make my easy-going trip a little more complicated.

in other news, I GOT A PIN IN THE MAIL!!!!!!!!!!! WOOHOO!!! This is the first PIN I've rec'd that's actually applicable to my dates :banana:
Wow, so the PIN was for this August? That's awesome. Whenever I get them, it's always for dates that are within a few months of when I received the PIN.

As for FP+, don't worry too much. They will be working out alot of details over the next few months, so I'm waiting to see how everything pans out. I'm hoping it makes everything easier. At this point, I'm more frustrated with the new website. Details are wrong, can't make payments, etc., etc. I hope they figure it out soon!

Glad to hear about the PIN. Looking in our mail too!!
What is " FP+ " ??

Glad to hear about the PIN. Looking in our mail too!!
What is " FP+ " ??

FP+ is a FastPass +, the next gen program that the parks is working on rolling outnext. It allows guests to reserve a set number of FPs before their trip and then to make changes to that during their trip. This is all done on their new app, My Disney Experience and also has something to do with My Magic +.

You can get all the info in the Theme Parks sub-forum.

KSL - I have also embraced my inner-geek and am a complete Excel spreadsheet planning crazed lunatic when it comes to vacations. It is totally an addiction. LOL! Happy planning!

Hi MouseIITHouse - another kindred spirit! I am finding all kinds of things to add to my spreadsheet and it's filling the void until I can obsess about park hours, ADRs, etc.! It's fun for me, though I know many people think I'm crazy and question why anyone would want to put that much time/thought/effort into planning and just like to go enjoy their vacations. For me, the planning makes the vacation so much less stressful and I LIKE the planning as it builds anticipation. I think I may need a tab to plan my outfits..... :)

As its getting closer, I'm thinking of switching resorts! I booked bounce back so have free dining. Does anyone know if the dining plan that comes with AoA a QSDP or the regular one? I want to stay in the cars suite but not if it means giving up table service. It's all about the food! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter