“IF THIS IS A DREAM, I DON’T WANT TO WAKE UP!” – POP! Goes The Solo Trip **THE END**

Day 1 – April 27, 2013 Part 5 Cont.

I’ve seen Fantasmic! a lot.

Certainly the show itself was as awesome as always, but this particular occasion was taken to a whole new level…

…Largely due to some of those very “same shirt groups” I previously mentioned.

It… Was… EPIC!

I always become very frustrated at this show when the crowd is lacking.
I mean seriously, this show is spectacular.
This is Disney at its very best with many characters you never ever see.

Good triumphs over evil courtesy of FREAKING SORCERER MICKEY!!

Why are you not excited?

There was a group of I’d say probably mid teens in the row in front of me,
And I am not kidding when I say that they cheered each and every character like they were rock stars!

I was blown away and loving it.

I realized quickly that this particular showing was going to be something truly special.

To hear this reaction (and it was coming from all over the theatre actually) for Disney characters just completely made my night.

(And I thought would be the highlight of the trip, but that was topped for me a few days later).

As I said before, there’s a difference between making noise just to make noise (which is extremely obnoxious and annoying),
And making noise that is born of genuine excitement.

This was, without a doubt, pure adoration and excitement.

It was clear there were a lot of first timers this night, and most importantly…

They loved Disney.

It gave me hope for the next gen Disney fan to keep that fandom alive.

I really wish my words could do justice to how I felt watching the show on this night.

It was riveting and electric.

My Disney fandom is something I take great pride in, but at this moment it was off the charts.

While I always get goosebumps during this show, I literally had goosebumps on my goosebumps.

The cheering started here and really never stopped.

143.jpg

144.jpg

Throughout the bubble segment, I swear the cheers just grew louder and louder as each different character was revealed.

The place went completely nuts when Pocahontas came out!

145.jpg

The crowd was almost in tears and cheering their lungs out during the Prince/Princess segment.

146.jpg

147.jpg

148.jpg

149.jpg

150.jpg

It was at this point that I flipped over to video to record the exhilarating (even under normal circumstances) finale.
I needed this atmosphere captured.

I only wish I had recorded the whole thing.

151.jpg

152.jpg

153.jpg

154.jpg

155.jpg

156.jpg

157.jpg

“Some imagination, huh?”

158.jpg

159.jpg

Ohmygod!!!!

There was fist pumping and clapping (you can see a bit of that in the selected vid captures), screaming and cheering throughout the whole show.

It was mind blowing, and I will never forget it.

What this crowd did for me was take a show I've seen tons of times and make it feel completely brand new…

Like I was seeing it for the very first time.

I wish I could thank them all for giving me this memory.
So, if you were in the Fantasmic! crowd on April 27, 2013 for the 10pm show…

From the bottom of my heart…

THANK YOU!

To help ease a bit of the loneliness, I took to Facebook (and to a much lesser extent Twitter) during my trip.

I posted on Facebook:
"Maybe the best Fantasmic! I've ever seen. The crowd was epic and cheering the Disney characters like rock stars. So Awesome!"

After this exhilarating show, I walked out to the car (though I may have floated above the ground I was on such a high) and drove the short trip back to POP.

160.jpg

I grabbed my refillable mug and skipped
(Yeah I skipped… what of it… I was in another zone)
Over to the food court, still not yet having come down from the high I was on from Fantasmic!

I could hardly believe that this was still only my arrival day.

I wanted a snack, so I purchased a POP exclusive Tie Dyed Cheesecake to enjoy back in my room while watching my future wife on TV and eventually drifting off to sleep in preparation for my first full Disney day…

… Which may include 1 or 2 (or 11) encounters with a Yeti.

And a situation that almost stopped the trip dead in its tracks.

161.jpg

162.jpg

163.jpg

164.jpg

UP NEXT… “I'M NOT AFRAID OF A ROLLERCOASTER THAT GOES BACKWARDS!”

Fabulous trip report. So enjoyable to read. It is actually like being there. I would love to go alone someday.

Oh, Oh, Oh, Oh, now I am 100 times more sad that we didn't make it to Fantasmic. It was our last night and my family pooped out completely, especially with the Star Wars crowds in attendance that evening. Some of my friends and I are thinking of a mommy-only trip so we can do all these things we can't with young kids. Seriously, I could almost feel the goosebumps myself through your TR, so that will have to do until I make it back. Keep up the great writing!

I am loving your trip report! Your writing style is great!

I might have an opportunity to make a quick solo trip happen this summer (combining a work trip!) and you are making me more and more excited about it!

I haven't seen Fantasmic in years but I'm thinking I need to give it another go on our next trip!

That is so great that you had such an amazing Fantasmic experience! I totally agree with you on the big groups. There is a difference between screaming for the purposes of being obnoxious and making loud, excited noises because you are just so darn happy to be doing whatever it is you are doing. I'm glad your Fantasmic crowd was full of people from that second group of tour group humans. :thumbsup2

Wow! I mean, I can't watch the videos right now... ( I am at work and trying to be just a little discreet... although it IS Friday afternoon!! ) but just by your awesome description of the crowd I literally had goosebumps myself. I would have taken a picture but that might get weird. I was at a Wishes show once that was similar, the crowd was just so amazing, oohing and ahhing and cheering and gasping and I was really teary eyed by the end of it. A good crowd can't be beat. :thumbsup2 I'm glad you had such a fantastic show!

Sounds like a great experience. That is the best part of watching something in a group - when a group is genuinely into something it magnifies the experience for everyone ... be it a baseball game, when Star Wars Episode I first game out (or at least when it started), or this showing of Fantasmic

(And I thought would be the highlight of the trip, but that was topped for me a few days later).

ooo, nice foreshadowing ;)

It was clear there were a lot of first timers this night, and most importantly…

They loved Disney.

It gave me hope for the next gen Disney fan to keep that fandom alive.​

yeah! :thumbsup2

I'm so excited to see Monster's University. Love seeing the promos around the park.

That shirt is incredible! We saw that in Disneyland too last month. :lmao:

Wow, you lucked out at Characterpalooza! I miss the Disney days gone by when you just ran into characters. That was the best.

Ugh, Pod Race! That is my least favorite sequence. The last time, I looked at my brother and I said "We better not get the freakin' pod race...." The moral of that story is.......I jinxed us. :lmao:

Attraction+ is a good deal for sure. I normally just redneck ride photo it. ;)

Heehee, terrified people on any ride are always a good time!

Loving Disney is so amazing, and I love it when people get involved. I love it when people do things like that on rides too, like screaming like crazy in the stretching room on the Haunted Mansion and such. It just makes it so much fun!

Mmmm....tye dyed cheesecake. I just drooled on my keyboard. Thanks a lot man! :rotfl2:

Fabulous trip report. So enjoyable to read. It is actually like being there. I would love to go alone someday.

Thank you so much! I hope you do a solo trip some day. It was through reading TR's that I finally decided to just do it.

Oh, Oh, Oh, Oh, now I am 100 times more sad that we didn't make it to Fantasmic. It was our last night and my family pooped out completely, especially with the Star Wars crowds in attendance that evening. Some of my friends and I are thinking of a mommy-only trip so we can do all these things we can't with young kids. Seriously, I could almost feel the goosebumps myself through your TR, so that will have to do until I make it back. Keep up the great writing!

Thanks so much Cara.

If you've never seen Fantasmic! then you absolutely must. I just can't get tired of it. And then to have this show with this crowd; I was simply over the moon.

You totally should do a mommy-only trip. You'll gain such an appreciation for all the wonderful things Disney offers that you normally can't really take the time to experience with young ones. Don't get me wrong, being with young-ins is wonderful too, watching their eyes light up at the first site of Mickey and what not. I hope you get to do it.

So much fun to read!

Thank you so very much!

I am loving your trip report! Your writing style is great!

I might have an opportunity to make a quick solo trip happen this summer (combining a work trip!) and you are making me more and more excited about it!

I haven't seen Fantasmic in years but I'm thinking I need to give it another go on our next trip!

Thank you so much Jess. :goodvibes

You know, a lot of folks have done some solo trips due to a work trip in the area. You should totally do that. I'm glad this little TR may help push you towards it.

Oh you have to see Fantasmic! again. It's so awesome!!

That is so great that you had such an amazing Fantasmic experience! I totally agree with you on the big groups. There is a difference between screaming for the purposes of being obnoxious and making loud, excited noises because you are just so darn happy to be doing whatever it is you are doing. I'm glad your Fantasmic crowd was full of people from that second group of tour group humans. :thumbsup2

Oh my it was so great. This was definitely such a great group and they were absolutely loving the show.

Loving your TR! :)

Thanks very much! :goodvibes

Loving this TR!!!!! Keep it coming, can't wait for the next installment!

Awww Thank you. I'm so glad. :goodvibes

Wow! I mean, I can't watch the videos right now... ( I am at work and trying to be just a little discreet... although it IS Friday afternoon!! ) but just by your awesome description of the crowd I literally had goosebumps myself. I would have taken a picture but that might get weird. I was at a Wishes show once that was similar, the crowd was just so amazing, oohing and ahhing and cheering and gasping and I was really teary eyed by the end of it. A good crowd can't be beat. :thumbsup2 I'm glad you had such a fantastic show!

Ahhh all I do all day is DIS at work, so it's all good. :thumbsup2

I hope you're not dissapointed that they're just vid captures and not the actual video, haha.

It was without a doubt the best Fantasmic! I've ever had the pleasure of witnessing. The group in front of me was just off the charts. They were so excited for everything. I loved it.

And I haven't even gotten to the Wishes story yet...

Sounds like a great experience. That is the best part of watching something in a group - when a group is genuinely into something it magnifies the experience for everyone ... be it a baseball game, when Star Wars Episode I first game out (or at least when it started), or this showing of Fantasmic

ooo, nice foreshadowing ;)

yeah! :thumbsup2

It was an amazing and wonderful experience to be sure. Once of my favourites ever.

Haha, yeah I was at my local theatre on opening night at midnight for Phantom Menace. And yup, the crowd went crazy during the opening. It makes me wonder how the new ones will work without the Fox logo and fanfare. To me, it's part of the experience.

Haha, you like that. I think it will live up to the hype (I hope).

I'm so excited to see Monster's University. Love seeing the promos around the park.

That shirt is incredible! We saw that in Disneyland too last month. :lmao:

Wow, you lucked out at Characterpalooza! I miss the Disney days gone by when you just ran into characters. That was the best.

Ugh, Pod Race! That is my least favorite sequence. The last time, I looked at my brother and I said "We better not get the freakin' pod race...." The moral of that story is.......I jinxed us. :lmao:

Attraction+ is a good deal for sure. I normally just redneck ride photo it. ;)

Heehee, terrified people on any ride are always a good time!

Loving Disney is so amazing, and I love it when people get involved. I love it when people do things like that on rides too, like screaming like crazy in the stretching room on the Haunted Mansion and such. It just makes it so much fun!

Mmmm....tye dyed cheesecake. I just drooled on my keyboard. Thanks a lot man! :rotfl2:

It is gonna be great. Pixar just doesn't make bad movies. I wish the guys were out in their university outfits when I was there.

That shirt was so great. I imagine you already saw this, but just in case, this is a promo for Star Tours 2.0.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4_dZPVg8KI
It's brilliant.

Yes, that's exactly why I liked it. What was so wrong with the days when you had to elbow someone in the head to get to the character first?

I think the Pod Race is the go to for Star Tours, much like the gangster at Movie Ride. So annoying.

I think that's the exact reason they introduced it. At $15-20 for ONE photo, that can be rough to justify. But $45 for unlimited is pretty enticing.

It's my absolute favourite. It makes me feel strangely superior.

I love it on rides as well when it's real. When someone's just being obnoxious though... not so much.

And it was so good too... like way better than I thought it would be. Sorry about your keyboard Danielle.

Wow! That does sound like a great Fantasmic. The crowd at a show/movie can make it a better show/movie. I totally agree. Even the crowd at Church can make a difference! :rotfl: So I can only imagine how epic that Fantasmic was.

Now on the Pop Cheesecake, does it taste like regular cheesecake? I've never tried it! I will be staying at Pop this August, and I think I might try it, but I need to prepare myself for the taste!

So glad to see that someone else really appreciates Fantasmic. It is actually my favorite attraction in all of the World. Some people love Pirates or Haunted the most but for me it is Fantasmic. I love how it has all the music and characters from all the classics. It's quintessential Disney.

Ooops! I read your updates at the office the other day (don't judge me, I was waiting for a tech to show up!) but didn't comment.

First, great ToT photo and I can totally tell that you told that girl in front of you to move! :lmao: Next trip I get dibs on having a sign held up with my name! That's great that K8's name is so short, makes it easy to put on a sign! ;)

WOW, WOW, WOW... that crowd for Fantasmic!!! We've only seen it at WDW once since I didn't like the lines. But I do like the amphitheater. What a great show!

Tie dye cheesecake and Stacy - what a great combo. I just ask that you please invite me to the wedding as I would love to witness that fabulous union! As for the cheesecake, assuming you had a blue tongue. :p

Hoping you are having a fabulous weekend!

What a great update! So nice to hear someone get so excited over being at WDW. I probably would've gotten misty eyed at Fantasmic, to much emotion does that to me.

We watch the Stacy channel here at home, often, but its just not the same as actually being there :(.

Wow! That does sound like a great Fantasmic. The crowd at a show/movie can make it a better show/movie. I totally agree. Even the crowd at Church can make a difference! :rotfl: So I can only imagine how epic that Fantasmic was.

Now on the Pop Cheesecake, does it taste like regular cheesecake? I've never tried it! I will be staying at Pop this August, and I think I might try it, but I need to prepare myself for the taste!

It was truly amazing and I can't thank this group enough for making it happen.

Haha, yes indeed it does, at least to me. I know it looks like something that went bad, but it was really good. Like REALLY good.

So glad to see that someone else really appreciates Fantasmic. It is actually my favorite attraction in all of the World. Some people love Pirates or Haunted the most but for me it is Fantasmic. I love how it has all the music and characters from all the classics. It's quintessential Disney.

Indeed Fantasmic is, well, fantastic. That's what really makes it shine... all the various characters you never see.

Ooops! I read your updates at the office the other day (don't judge me, I was waiting for a tech to show up!) but didn't comment.

First, great ToT photo and I can totally tell that you told that girl in front of you to move! :lmao: Next trip I get dibs on having a sign held up with my name! That's great that K8's name is so short, makes it easy to put on a sign! ;)

WOW, WOW, WOW... that crowd for Fantasmic!!! We've only seen it at WDW once since I didn't like the lines. But I do like the amphitheater. What a great show!

Tie dye cheesecake and Stacy - what a great combo. I just ask that you please invite me to the wedding as I would love to witness that fabulous union! As for the cheesecake, assuming you had a blue tongue. :p

Hoping you are having a fabulous weekend!

I will never judge you for reading my TR at work. Ever.

She knew what was up. You know I totally should have done that THIS trip, but I just wasn't thinking. :confused3

OMG Brenda, it was so wonderful. I was over the moon with excitement. Everything in the show drew cheers and just made that show even better. Thankfully I didn't have to deal with any line this time with my trusty Fastpass.
I love D-Land's version too. It's so intimate and the Pinocchio and Peter Pan segments just can't be beat.

Well OF COURSE you'd be invited. She lives in Cali after all. :rotfl:
Haha, you know, I have no idea if I had a blue tongue or not. I pretty much crashed right after finishing. I'll have to get another one and check. :thumbsup2

Thank you Brenda, as always. I hope your weekend was lovely as well. :goodvibes

What a great update! So nice to hear someone get so excited over being at WDW. I probably would've gotten misty eyed at Fantasmic, to much emotion does that to me.

We watch the Stacy channel here at home, often, but its just not the same as actually being there :(.

Thank you so much. I admit I didn't get misty eyed, but I definitely had chills. The misty eyed will come soon enough.

There is just nothing in the world that gets you as excited as Stacey. I've been watching on YouTube since I've been home.

Oh Rob! You can't leave us hanging with something like "the trip almost ended and then.... I'll see you guys in a few days!"
THAT'S SUSPENSE... NOT COOL!
I wanna know what happened already!:headache:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter