“IF THIS IS A DREAM, I DON’T WANT TO WAKE UP!” – POP! Goes The Solo Trip **THE END**

We've never done One Man's Dream. We actually spend very little time at MGM. It rates #3 on our favs list. After seeing the pics though, I'll be sure to check it out!

Getting your first annual pass is definitely an experience. I can't imagine not getting one now!

I only call it DHS so I don't confuse the newbs. ;)

Um, what?! Fantasmic fast passes?! Get out of town. Get out! But you know what, it makes complete sense. They issue fastpasses for World of Color in Disney's California Adventure. And it seems to work just fine.

Ha! Nice overlay on that picture.

I literally tear up when I get to the Epcot display at One Man's Dream, because that entire display is my childhood and my most distinct memories from WDW. Kitchen Kabaret, the original Imagination, World of Motion, Horizons.

Ya know, I totally get your ANNUAL PASS!!! excitement. Someday I'll be able to join the AP club but multiple trips in one year is just NOT a possibility right now. But someday.... ;) and yes, it will LIVE in my wallet and I will show everybody - family, friends, co-workers, strangers waiting in check out lines in front of and behind me... :rolleyes1

I LOVE One Man's Dream!! I tour every time I visit the World. I hope they will have added something each time, and sometimes they do.

Can't wait to hear more about your trip!!

YAY for your Annual Pass!! I'm sure you'll get lots of use out of it. Think of all those half-days where before you wouldn't want to "waste" a park ticket, but now it can be a breeze to just pop right in to a park for dinner or something :)

and I also LOVE One Man's Dream. It's such an underrated and forgotten part of DHS but it's such a special peek into Walt's life, imo. And I adore those models of New Fantasyland.

Can't wait to read more!

I wouldn't blame a new pass holder for parading through the park with it held high above their head. That's expected behaviour!
Awesome character meets and pictures! The posing mr. Incredible and Frozone looks like a blast. I love Ralph!
We do One Mans Dream every single trip. I adore it and I learn something new every time. I also feel a little like I'm paying my respects for the man who made my vacation possible. It's definitely Walt's park.

I'm a little late, but I'm here & all caught up!

I am really excited to go exploring at AoA! It's pretty close to Bonnet Creek, so hopefully it will not be hard to make the time to go over there and see everything.

Yay for being an AP holder!!! When we had our Premier's for a year, it felt so great. :thumbsup2 Knowing that you are not "wasting" anything when you go into a park for just an hour or two (and the free parking for us since we stay offsite) pretty much make them totally worth it!!

Can't wait to meet Ralph & Vanellope! I'm glad you still decided to meet characters on your solo trip. Just think, you would have missed out on the gun show sneak peek with Mr. Incredible & Frozone if you had stuck to your no characters plan!! :goodvibes

This is how I felt with the AP, even if I was only in the park for an hour, it just didn’t matter, I could go forever!!

Ahahaha, see, even with an AP I don’t think I’d be as excited as having the passport, the golden ticket, I’ll miss not having it, you don’t see many of them so I felt even more special bahaha.

That’s awesome that they have the Fantasmic fast passes, I’m hoping/assuming that it will work like World Of Color’s fast passes? Or is this some fast pass plus crap? Lawl. So far I’m just not a fan of the fast pass plus…can ya tell?

Awesome meet and greets! Love the pic with Frozone and Mr Incredible! Ahh One Man’s Dream! Everyone needs to go in there!! Oh my gosh, when people are all “WDW isn’t walt’s park” I’m all “uhmm….it’s what he wanted…he may not have gotten to see all of it, but it is what he wanted when they made DL”

Hi from PEI!

I will be at Pop (And AoA for one night) in a few months and I was looking for TRs to get me excited for a trip. Didn't think I'd find a Haligonian! :)

I love One Man's Dream, but I didn't go in last yer. :confused3

Congratulations on the annual pass... that's a dream! But it might happen for me this summer!

There was something else I wanted to comment on, but I can't remember now! Oh well!!!:rotfl:

I love going solo, but it's nice to have friends there too. I hope you had a great trip, and I can't wait to read more.

Hi Rob! I may have popped in to catch up with your TR while I was in Reno and was supposed to be paying attention to my meetings! ;) I get the impression that you are excited to have an ANNUAL PASS! :dance3: Yeah, I think you need to announce yourself to the mere ticket holder crowds and say Do You Know Who I Am? This guy has an AP! :rotfl2: Speaking of which.... the 24 hours of Disney starts in about 6 hours here on the West Coast. I may be able to pull off an all nighter... we'll see. :)

I just love your Disney excitement! :goodvibes

Great pictures of One Man's Dream - I definitely have not spent enough time there. I think since we travel with little kids we think they won't like it, but should remember to make some time for it.

Also, love your pose-down with the super heroes :lmao:

I am so excited to see more about your trip!!! :)

Thank you so very much!! :welcome:

We've never done One Man's Dream. We actually spend very little time at MGM. It rates #3 on our favs list. After seeing the pics though, I'll be sure to check it out!

I really really hope you do. If the pics get even one more person into One Man's Dream, then I'll be very happy. It is so amazingly fabulous.

I feel like i can't get enough of this TR,like it stops n I wanna facepalm cause i want more of it!!!

Wow, you just made my day, seriously!!!

Getting your first annual pass is definitely an experience. I can't imagine not getting one now!

I only call it DHS so I don't confuse the newbs. ;)

Um, what?! Fantasmic fast passes?! Get out of town. Get out! But you know what, it makes complete sense. They issue fastpasses for World of Color in Disney's California Adventure. And it seems to work just fine.

Ha! Nice overlay on that picture.

I literally tear up when I get to the Epcot display at One Man's Dream, because that entire display is my childhood and my most distinct memories from WDW. Kitchen Kabaret, the original Imagination, World of Motion, Horizons.

OMG Danielle, I just love having it so much. I always hated coming back from a trip and looking at my ticket and thinking, "Well that's done." Now I can look at it and think, "Next!" :banana:

Ahh, the newbs need to learn their history, lol. One Man's Dream is a good place to start. :thumbsup2

Yeah, you know I was thinking the exact same thing about Wold of Color at the time. I have zero doubt that it will be a thing in the future with MyMagic+ coming in. EVERYTHING will have fastpass... parades, fireworks, you name it.

Haha thanks.

OMD is just full of those types of gems. More people need to get themselves in there.

Ya know, I totally get your ANNUAL PASS!!! excitement. Someday I'll be able to join the AP club but multiple trips in one year is just NOT a possibility right now. But someday.... ;) and yes, it will LIVE in my wallet and I will show everybody - family, friends, co-workers, strangers waiting in check out lines in front of and behind me... :rolleyes1

It really is exciting Mary. Honestly it feels like "I'm officially a WDW nut... and I have the card to prove it".

I LOVE One Man's Dream!! I tour every time I visit the World. I hope they will have added something each time, and sometimes they do.

Can't wait to hear more about your trip!!

I love hearing that!

Thank you very much!!

YAY for your Annual Pass!! I'm sure you'll get lots of use out of it. Think of all those half-days where before you wouldn't want to "waste" a park ticket, but now it can be a breeze to just pop right in to a park for dinner or something :)

and I also LOVE One Man's Dream. It's such an underrated and forgotten part of DHS but it's such a special peek into Walt's life, imo. And I adore those models of New Fantasyland.

Can't wait to read more!

I was so excited Kaela (still am actually)!!! It was like a Disney dream fulfilled. I really hope I get to use it a bit, hopefully next this fall. It gives me a GREAT excuse.

I'm SO glad to hear you say that!! A lot of time young people like yourself have no interest in it, but it is SUCH a love letter to how it all came to be and where it's going. But then you're a Disney CM which automatically makes you smarter! :thumbsup2

Thank you so much for being here. I can't wait wait to tell it.

I wouldn't blame a new pass holder for parading through the park with it held high above their head. That's expected behaviour!
Awesome character meets and pictures! The posing mr. Incredible and Frozone looks like a blast. I love Ralph!
We do One Mans Dream every single trip. I adore it and I learn something new every time. I also feel a little like I'm paying my respects for the man who made my vacation possible. It's definitely Walt's park.

HAHA, I will remember that for next time Wendy.

They were all great. I was a little apprehensive about doing meets solo, but so glad I did. The Incredibles meet was so much fun. They really went out of their way to make me not out of place. In fact all the characters I met did that.

YES!! That's exactly right. I feel like I owe it to Walt and Roy and everyone for making all this possible. I just can't (or wouldn't want to) imagine life without Disney.

Really awesome pics! :)

Thank you!!

I'm a little late, but I'm here & all caught up!

I am really excited to go exploring at AoA! It's pretty close to Bonnet Creek, so hopefully it will not be hard to make the time to go over there and see everything.

Yay for being an AP holder!!! When we had our Premier's for a year, it felt so great. :thumbsup2 Knowing that you are not "wasting" anything when you go into a park for just an hour or two (and the free parking for us since we stay offsite) pretty much make them totally worth it!!

Can't wait to meet Ralph & Vanellope! I'm glad you still decided to meet characters on your solo trip. Just think, you would have missed out on the gun show sneak peek with Mr. Incredible & Frozone if you had stuck to your no characters plan!! :goodvibes

Nope, you're def not late. Just barely started.

AoA is for sure worth a look. I found also that seeing pictures beforehand didn't matter. It just kind of pointed out things I wanted to see in person.

I love being an AP. :goodvibes

Haha, yeah, I kinda knew I wouldn't hold out. And The Incredibles weren't the only ones looking to pose down as it turned out...

This is how I felt with the AP, even if I was only in the park for an hour, it just didn’t matter, I could go forever!!

Ahahaha, see, even with an AP I don’t think I’d be as excited as having the passport, the golden ticket, I’ll miss not having it, you don’t see many of them so I felt even more special bahaha.

That’s awesome that they have the Fantasmic fast passes, I’m hoping/assuming that it will work like World Of Color’s fast passes? Or is this some fast pass plus crap? Lawl. So far I’m just not a fan of the fast pass plus…can ya tell?

Awesome meet and greets! Love the pic with Frozone and Mr Incredible! Ahh One Man’s Dream! Everyone needs to go in there!! Oh my gosh, when people are all “WDW isn’t walt’s park” I’m all “uhmm….it’s what he wanted…he may not have gotten to see all of it, but it is what he wanted when they made DL”

It's so great. Plus yeah, you had the Premium passport for both WDW AND D-Land. Ahh that would totally go to my head, :rotfl:.

Yup, they worked exactly the same as World of Color... this time.
But yeah I have NO doubt this will be tied in to MyMagic+. Everything's going to have fastpass so Disney can justify it (Small World, Parades, It's tough to Be a Bug, you name it).
I'm right there with you on my feelings about it. Fastpasses for stuff that don't need fastpasses, booking months in advance. Nah, I don't like it either.

The meets were really fun. Those guys had me busting.

Yup. I have no argument that D-Land is beautiful and indeed the "original" and really the prototype of Walt's vision. It's awesome and very special and charming.
WDW is Walt's full vision realized. It is just the natural progression. Both are obviously great.

Hi from PEI!

I will be at Pop (And AoA for one night) in a few months and I was looking for TRs to get me excited for a trip. Didn't think I'd find a Haligonian! :)

I love One Man's Dream, but I didn't go in last yer. :confused3

Congratulations on the annual pass... that's a dream! But it might happen for me this summer!

There was something else I wanted to comment on, but I can't remember now! Oh well!!!:rotfl:

I love going solo, but it's nice to have friends there too. I hope you had a great trip, and I can't wait to read more.

Yay, another Maritimer :welcome:

Haha, I think we Canadians are taking over.

That's ok, as long as you love it!

It is really fun to have it. I hope you do get one.

That's ok, I'll be here for a while.

Thanks, yeah, I wouldn't want to go completely solo all the time (though I did enjoy the freedom this trip), but even when with a group, I try to make some solo time.

Hi Rob! I may have popped in to catch up with your TR while I was in Reno and was supposed to be paying attention to my meetings! ;) I get the impression that you are excited to have an ANNUAL PASS! :dance3: Yeah, I think you need to announce yourself to the mere ticket holder crowds and say Do You Know Who I Am? This guy has an AP! :rotfl2: Speaking of which.... the 24 hours of Disney starts in about 6 hours here on the West Coast. I may be able to pull off an all nighter... we'll see. :)

I just love your Disney excitement! :goodvibes

BRENDA!!! Welcome back! I'm so glad you made it back after all the travelling safe and sound.

Aww if you really did that you just made me smile a great big smile. :flower3:

Yeah, I kinda like the ANNUAL PASS!!!. I probably would have done the announcement thing if I had a Premium Passport since that's kind of the top rung of the ladder there.

OMG I know. I can't imagine the crowds this time, but at least both parks are open this time. I hope you go even for a bit. I'll be watching FB. I want pictures!!!
I think Magic Kingdom is going to be crazy nuts too given the long weekend.

Brenda, thank you. That means a whole lot.

Great pictures of One Man's Dream - I definitely have not spent enough time there. I think since we travel with little kids we think they won't like it, but should remember to make some time for it.

Also, love your pose-down with the super heroes :lmao:

Thank you. Definitely make some time for it. It is so good.

Haha thanks. It was fun.

FILLIN' ME UP... LET THE MEMORIES BEGIN!
Day 1 – April 27, 2013 Part 4

After spending a good amount of time enjoying the brilliance that is One Man’s Dream, I exited back into Pixar Place and continued on.

Monsters University promos were in full force.

112.jpg

I stopped into one of the shops briefly, pausing to laugh at this shirt,

113.jpg

Before rounding the corner onto the usually barren Streets of America where I was greeted with…

:goofy: :mickeyjum CHARACTERPALOOZA!!! :tigger::donald:

I spotted…

Mary Poppins
114.jpg

The Snow Queen
115.jpg

116.jpg

Captain Hook
117.jpg

Geppetto
118.jpg

Belle
119.jpg

Mulan
120.jpg

Jasmine
121.jpg

And My Good Buddy :stitch:, which was the perfect opportunity to pull out a sign I made for my friend K8 from my other, in progress, TR, who absolutely loves Stitch.

Stitch LOVED the sign, so was very happy to pose and actually keep me in the photo this time.

122.jpg

You can see Pinocchio in there as well, plus there were a few other characters I didn't get a picture of.

I had unfortunately arrived towards the end of Characterpalooza, but thankfully, there was nobody there I had not met before other than Pinocchio and Geppetto, or I would have been really disappointed.

I will meet them one day.

As it was, it was just cool to see a whole bunch of characters randomly roaming around the streets without any queue lines, just like Disney days gone by.

It’s so much better than in the Animation Academy for that reason alone especially since there’s not a lot going on in this area generally.

There aren’t usually photopass photographers though and the handlers are all over the place.
So it can be tough to get someone to get the photo for you if you’re alone.

It's a bit chaotic to be sure, but so much fun.

I find it much more magical when you just happen across them like I did here.

CONTINUED NEXT POST

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter