“IF THIS IS A DREAM, I DON’T WANT TO WAKE UP!” – POP! Goes The Solo Trip **THE END**

Day 1 – April 27, 2013 Part 4 Cont.

I still had a little bit of time before my Tower of Terror Fastpass return time, so with a fairly short wait, I stopped into Star Tours.

123.jpg

Another fun adventure, but once again I was subjected to the Pod Race sequence.

Ugh!

I continued on, swinging around Echo Lake to see my beloved dino Gertie (special to me because my Mother’s name is Gertie).

124.jpg

125.jpg

I grabbed a quick picture of the one true Boss

126.jpg

Before checking out the wait time board to see what was going to be doable.

127.jpg

You know it’s busy when Toy Story’s wait time is “Check Back Later”.

This is just another way of saying,
“You have a better chance of staying in the Cinderella Castle Suite than you do of riding this tonight.”

Since I was back out front, I figured I may as well get some icon photos.

129.jpg

128.jpg

And get a photo of this balloon guy. You know, that would be a cool job.

130.jpg

Now, at this point I was starting to get a bit hungry so I wandered over to Pizza Planet, only to find the line was out the door.
Not wanting to wait, I moved over to the Backlot Express, but again found a long line.

Why is everybody eating at the same time???!!!!

Not surprisingly, no line existed at the ABC Commissary, so this is what I settled for.
I know I promised food photos this time, and they will come… but not here.
It was ABC Commissary after all.

Once I finished what I believe was a burger and fries, it was time for Tower Of Terror.

131.jpg

132.jpg

Fastpass... How I Love Thee

133.jpg

134.jpg

Before the trip, K8 had told me to “Ride Tower for me,” which is why I made the sign in the first place.

This was my first ride photo of the trip so I purchased the Attractions+ card for the bargain price of $44.95.

134a.jpg

This gets you unlimited digital ride photos for a 2 week period.

Since the price of one digital download is $14.95, this is basically unlimited for the price of roughly 3.
I got a total of 29 (it would have been 31, but 2 of them couldn’t be sold because some idiot wanted to do something inappropriate), so this was a steal.

To summarize, I got $433.55 worth of ride photos for $44.95.
That’s a good deal anywhere in the world.
So if you get more than 3 ride photos on a trip… get the card!

On the way out, I snapped a pic of a shirt I planned to buy, but unfortunately didn’t for one reason or another.

135.jpg

I love it so much! A goal for next time…

TO BE CONTINUED…

Why have I never heard about this Attractions photo card? Where can you buy them? You said you get the digital photos, not the printed ones, right? How does it work? I'll be there in two weeks and would love to get this!

Teresa

Why have I never heard about this Attractions photo card? Where can you buy them? You said you get the digital photos, not the printed ones, right? How does it work? I'll be there in two weeks and would love to get this!

Teresa

Hi Teresa.
The Attractions+ is really new I think. It didn't exist when I was there in October.

They can be purchased at any ride photo location (not in advance of your trip). Yes, they are only for digital photos. Just buy it at the first ride photo booth and then just give it to the ride photo CM at all subsequent rides and they will add it to the card. It works just like photopass in that you go online after the trip and add the card number to your account. Shortly after, you'll be able to download all the photos.

I hope that all makes sense.

Thank you! It will definitely be a good deal if I can get as many ride photos as you did!

When you can't have a photo because someone did something objectionable, do they give you a fastpass to ride again? Because they should, I think.

Teresa

By the way, the ToT photo with you holding the sign is hilarious. At first glance I thought you were calmly reading a newspaper while the rest of the people were all freaking out. Cracked me up.

Teresa

Hi Rob! Yes, I did opt to read your TR during a lull in the action for my meetings. So the good news is that you rank higher in the interest scale compared to regulatory and government affairs meetings. :thumbsup2

Unfortunately I didn't make it to 24 hrs of Disney. No one wanted to go with me at midnight! My daughter and husband are not true Disney fans. However, I was tracking Mousewait times and at 3am when I last checked ToT was a 105 min. stand by (there was a grad night party at California Adventure so that pushed the times longer.) Carsland was closed so I had no interest for DCA. Disneyland still had long waits for most everything including the food lines. So I'll have to say.... perhaps next time. :(

As for your wonderful TR, I love the "I'm excited to be here" photo with your arms outstreached by the DHS hat! Very appropriate!

So what did you really think of the ABC Commisary food? Ick?

Have they changed Characterpalooza from being in the Anamation building for good? I rather like lines and order and folks to take your photo. I'm one to let others go first so I may never make it to the front of a crowd for our photo op. :blush: Anyways.... great character photos - especially the evil Queen who looks strangely pretty! Your pose with her is perfect. She's not intimidating you!

I am so glad Brenda mentioned this TR on your other one- I hadn't noticed the update in your signature!

Might as well subscribe and be behind on two of your reports!!!

;)

That's so fun that you stumbled upon Characterpalooza! And it seemed like a really good mix of characters. I get so worried when I see it bouncing all over at different locations, because I want to make sure we get to see it again in October. :goodvibes

Your sign was a great idea! Not gonna lie, I looked all around your ToT photo for you and it took me a couple looks to realize you were behind the sign. :rotfl: And I love that you held it up in your pictures with Stitch too. I bet Katie loved that!!

What?! Jasmine, Belle, Mulan and Mary?! That’s a LOT of face characters for characterpalooza! Also, good thing they’re finally using the SoA for something now!

Haha, awesome sign for Katie, that’s great! I have seriously never heard of this attractions plus card until now, it seems like a neat idea too!

Also I totally have that ToT shirt!

Awesome deal for the Attraction + card. We opted for the PP+ card during our last trip since we had several character meals which includes the family pic prior to meal. We will check out the Attraction card next time.
How many "Wish U were here K8" ride photos made it in total? Lol

Thank you! It will definitely be a good deal if I can get as many ride photos as you did!

When you can't have a photo because someone did something objectionable, do they give you a fastpass to ride again? Because they should, I think.

Teresa

It's a smoking good deal that's for sure.

You know, I didn't even think to ask. A lot of the time I just collected the photo number if I was riding a lot, and then just got them all added at once. Better than standing in the line over and over. I think you're safe as long as they were all the same day.

By the way, the ToT photo with you holding the sign is hilarious. At first glance I thought you were calmly reading a newspaper while the rest of the people were all freaking out. Cracked me up.

Teresa

Haha, thanks, yeah it was something I planned before I arrived. I kept trying to come up with different things for each photo, but with 29, it got tough. You'll see some more as we roll on.

Hi Rob! Yes, I did opt to read your TR during a lull in the action for my meetings. So the good news is that you rank higher in the interest scale compared to regulatory and government affairs meetings. :thumbsup2

Unfortunately I didn't make it to 24 hrs of Disney. No one wanted to go with me at midnight! My daughter and husband are not true Disney fans. However, I was tracking Mousewait times and at 3am when I last checked ToT was a 105 min. stand by (there was a grad night party at California Adventure so that pushed the times longer.) Carsland was closed so I had no interest for DCA. Disneyland still had long waits for most everything including the food lines. So I'll have to say.... perhaps next time. :(

As for your wonderful TR, I love the "I'm excited to be here" photo with your arms outstreached by the DHS hat! Very appropriate!

So what did you really think of the ABC Commisary food? Ick?

Have they changed Characterpalooza from being in the Anamation building for good? I rather like lines and order and folks to take your photo. I'm one to let others go first so I may never make it to the front of a crowd for our photo op. :blush: Anyways.... great character photos - especially the evil Queen who looks strangely pretty! Your pose with her is perfect. She's not intimidating you!

SA-WEET!!! :cool1:
Seriously though, that did totally make me smile. :)

OH NO!!! I totally should have booked a flight!
I had no doubt that it was going to be INSANE crowd wise even with both parks open. I know MK hit capacity a few times.
I know they had done some overnighter's before with things like Captain EO opening and such, but I still consider One More Disney Day to be the first REAL all-nighter. And we both were there for that (albeit separately). So we still rock! :thumbsup2

And I was excited to be there too. I wasn't even tired, and I should have been having traveled that day. But nope, rarin' to go was I. Disney energy is definitely as thing.

Haha, actually it's not that bad, but it definitely doesn't get much love from people. For some reason I liked the burgers better before they switched to Angus. I remember in 2009 my father RAVING about the burger there. But this one was actually pretty good. I think it might be down to timing.

I'm not sure honestly. I remember hearing a while back that they had done some on the Streets of America and also at Echo Lake so it wasn't a HUGE surprise.
Yeah, it's definitely chaotic, but strangely fun. I do get wanting to have some order though. The characters moved around a lot too which made it even tougher. It's for sure a challenge.
It's so weird that I had never seen the Queen before, then BOOM, 2 trips in a row.

I can't imagine going to the World by myself! That would be AWESOME!:thumbsup2
So fun so far!

Hi there and :welcome:

It is a different experience , that's for sure. The best part though is you do what you want when you want. That's hard to beat.

I am so glad Brenda mentioned this TR on your other one- I hadn't noticed the update in your signature!

Might as well subscribe and be behind on two of your reports!!!

;)

I'm so glad you found it Dee!! That Brenda is sooooo helpful! ;)

Haha, well this one's just barely started, so it should be ok.

That's so fun that you stumbled upon Characterpalooza! And it seemed like a really good mix of characters. I get so worried when I see it bouncing all over at different locations, because I want to make sure we get to see it again in October. :goodvibes

Your sign was a great idea! Not gonna lie, I looked all around your ToT photo for you and it took me a couple looks to realize you were behind the sign. :rotfl: And I love that you held it up in your pictures with Stitch too. I bet Katie loved that!!

It was quite cool just happening upon it. It's very likely to be back in the Animation Building come October, but you're right, who knows.

Haha, yeah, I actually didn't realize I had done that until I saw the photo. All the more reason to ride again!!
She totally loved that. We had talked about doing a sign for Tower, but then just didn't see each other before I left, so I just printed a bunch at work.

What?! Jasmine, Belle, Mulan and Mary?! That’s a LOT of face characters for characterpalooza! Also, good thing they’re finally using the SoA for something now!

Haha, awesome sign for Katie, that’s great! I have seriously never heard of this attractions plus card until now, it seems like a neat idea too!

Also I totally have that ToT shirt!

Testify to that. It really is a great spot for it. Yeah, they really loaded up on the characters this time.

Ha, thanks! It kind of gave me something to do, plus it always got a great reaction from not only the characters, but also others waiting in line.
I hadn't heard of the card either up until this trip, but I always wished it existed.
I know you're probably getting the PP+ for Sept. I wonder if you get a separate card for the attractions or if it's all loaded onto one? Hmmm.

AHHHH I want that shirt!!! I'll trade you a "No Dancing" for it, :lmao:
The first time I saw that shirt was in D-Land, and I totally wanted it then too. Then I held off and missed out. Same thing here.
Next trip I am getting it FIRST THING!!!!

Awesome deal for the Attraction + card. We opted for the PP+ card during our last trip since we had several character meals which includes the family pic prior to meal. We will check out the Attraction card next time.
How many "Wish U were here K8" ride photos made it in total? Lol

It is a great deal. So were you able to add ride photos directly to the PP+ card? I was wondering about that.

Haha, I actually printed 10 plus I had 10 more for someone else. Just to be safe.

Fellow Canadian here!!!

Enjoying your trip report...We love Pop Century....we have probably stayed at POP 15 times so far with 2 future trips booked).

I know your excitement about getting an annual pass - just know you will continually get the itch to return...the first time we had our annual pass we made 7 trips to WDW - definitely got our money's worth that year!!!!

We have had the Premier Passport (My Gold Card, as I call it) for the past 3 years because we seem to have DCL cruises booked for both coasts!!!! The night I got the pass for the first time, I posted it on Facebook, I was so excited!!!!!!!

Your pictures are fabulous....what type of camera do you have?

The PP+ includes the ride photo digital added to the regular PP photo too. Plus you get all the magic shots which was cool. Although I couldn't find the stitch magic shot and no one at the parks could tell us where to get him. I'm guessing you found that one with stitch!!!

Enjoying this TR. Great Job! :cool1:

Thank you so very much!!! And :welcome:

Fellow Canadian here!!!

Enjoying your trip report...We love Pop Century....we have probably stayed at POP 15 times so far with 2 future trips booked).

I know your excitement about getting an annual pass - just know you will continually get the itch to return...the first time we had our annual pass we made 7 trips to WDW - definitely got our money's worth that year!!!!

We have had the Premier Passport (My Gold Card, as I call it) for the past 3 years because we seem to have DCL cruises booked for both coasts!!!! The night I got the pass for the first time, I posted it on Facebook, I was so excited!!!!!!!

Your pictures are fabulous....what type of camera do you have?

Wow, there are a lot a Canadians on this board. :welcome:

Thanks so much. Wow, that's a lot of POP.

Oh I know... I'm so ready to return already (not that it's a big surprise). But wow, 7, that's impressive. My goal is 3.

I can just imagine, a Premium Passport. That is a huge deal. I would get such a big head from one of those even if I never used it (which of course I would).

Goodness, thank you so much Elaine. Actually it's just a $150 Canon Elph 300HS.

The PP+ includes the ride photo digital added to the regular PP photo too. Plus you get all the magic shots which was cool. Although I couldn't find the stitch magic shot and no one at the parks could tell us where to get him. I'm guessing you found that one with stitch!!!

Great info. Thank you!

I stumbled across a characterpalooza last year, didn't know what hit me! It was so much like the olden golden days and whatnot, (although I can only attest to as far back as 1991!) it was fun chasing characters around randomly.
Aww love the sign on ToT! And that attractions+ card looks like an awesome deal, I may have to look into that!

I stumbled across a characterpalooza last year, didn't know what hit me! It was so much like the olden golden days and whatnot, (although I can only attest to as far back as 1991!) it was fun chasing characters around randomly.
Aww love the sign on ToT! And that attractions+ card looks like an awesome deal, I may have to look into that!

Characterpalooza is definitely a lot of fun and kind of a throwback, but it was chaotic. This one had so many characters too. It was actually a lot of fun just to watch.
I understand the need for structured meets though since so many people are on a once in a lifetime trip.

Aww thank you. It may appear again!

And yes, that card is a really good deal. Honestly I can't imagine it staying that cheap. Maybe not a lot of people were buying the ride photos so this was a way to get people to do it. I guess since they're taking the photo anyway, and the Attractions+ is digital, there's no real extra cost for Disney to have it.

FILLIN' ME UP... LET THE MEMORIES BEGIN!
Day 1 – April 27, 2013 Part 5

I had already picked up another Tower Fastpass before I rode the first time, so I only had a short wait until my next lift and plunge.

In the meantime I took the opportunity to get a few photos while I waited…

136.jpg

137.jpg

138.jpg

Tower is just a whole other level of awesomeness at night.

139.jpg

140.jpg

Then it was back onto the elevator for another fun filled ride.

141.jpg

I liked this ride better since I always enjoy it more when others are scared,
And the girls in the row beside me seemed scared to death, which always pleases me.

Plus, I didn’t block my face with the sign this time and the girl in front of me was nice enough to move out of the way.

So, WIN-WIN-WIN.

I even got a high five from one of the ride photo CM’s when I went to add the photo to my card,
And he wasn't even the one serving me.

Plus some “awwws” from those viewing the video screen after the ride.

I LOVE this ride. It is SUPER fun, but it definitely doesn’t scare me in any way.

What DOES scare me is when I see a large number of people wearing the same shirt,
Not that the group on this ride in particular were bad in any way.
They just prompted me to think of it.

I noticed earlier back at POP a number of cheerleaders roaming around.

In the line at the food court I had asked one of them what was going on and she told me there was a HUGE cheerleading/dance competition going on at ESPN.

It turns out the 2013 “Cheerleading and Dance Worlds” was happening that weekend.
Thankfully, the competition itself was at ESPN and not one of the parks, and was ending in the next day or so.
In addition to that, there were TONS of school groups around this week as well.

Just something to be aware of if you are planning a trip this time of year

Now, I want to be really clear in that I do not want to pigeon-hole all of these various groups as inherently bad.
They’re not at all and I don't want anyone to think that.

I’d read so many stories of the Brazilian Tour Groups, etc. that it would be easy to lump all groups into the same category.
I'm sure most of them are probably fine as well, though I have no direct experience.

I’m certainly not against making noise and having a good time.
In fact, I encourage it.

But there’s a difference between obnoxious/annoying and excited/having fun.

Honestly, I'm sure most of the individuals are normal, conscientious people.
But stick 'em in a big group and that's when things can get a little rowdy.

To quote Kevin from The Office finale, "It's Human Natural."

I am happy to report that none of the groups were an issue at all except in some very isolated cases.

For now, it was time for Fantasmic!

Using my trusty Fantasmic! Fastpass, I entered the theatre around 15-20 minutes to show time with no line to stand in, and got a seat dead center and in the fourth row.

142.jpg

I noticed some “shirt groups” in the crowd, a little chanting, but nothing particularly unusual.

It seemed to be a typical Fantasmic! crowd.

What followed, however, was a Fantasmic! I will never forget.

CONTINUED NEXT POST

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!